Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knight rider!

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

are they actually bringing this back?and using mustang? this is mad

sorry just a bit shocked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I think there's a few micras in dublin with knightrider lights auditioning

Here's one gobsh1te in his mondeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PYLbbHj4I

Doesn't even look right does it ...is he colour blind

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's being remade alright I think it is a Mustang Shelby GT500KR though they are using as the Knight 3000 (KITT). Its similar to the cop car used in the Transformers movie:

dsc_0022%282%29.jpg
    dsc_0033%282%29.jpg

Bit of a shock though using a Shelby as the original KITT was a Pontiac Firebird made by their rivals GM.

Val Kilmer is doing the voice of KITT afaik which is a joke as he has one of the most boring voices around but on the plus side the Hoff makes a cameo in it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

hey the hoff doing a cameo in anything gets my approval:D

was it not a trans something? in the old one, and they no longer make them thats why theyre using the shelby? dont have a clue

loved the old series and have to say that car looks fantabulous, although knowing americans straight line speed and inefficent, but what the heck it looks the sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Pontiac Trans-Am wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik the original KITT was a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am which were part of the General Motors set up. Trans Am was like the performance model in the Firebird line up afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

New series starts tonight on NBC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

woop wrote: »
    are they actually bringing this back?and using mustang? this is mad

sorry just a bit shocked

Welcome to last year, population you :D

This was all over Jalopnik and Engadget a year ago, there was even a Pilot which flopped abysmally. The series isn't shaping up to be much better either, more like product placement for Ford, as KITT can shape shift into any Ford product, like an F150 Pickup, etc.

The reviews of the series so far are pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

bazz26 wrote: »
    Val Kilmer is doing the voice of KITT afaik which is a joke as he has one of the most boring voices around but on the plus side the Hoff makes a cameo in it too. :)

It was supposed to be Will Arnett (GOB from Arrested Development), but there were contractual problems as he is pretty much "the voice" for all the GMC truck adverts.

Advertisement