Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watery Heinz Ketchup

• 14-02-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Has anyone notice how watery Heinz Ketchup has become. The ad on telly used to feature people having to smack the bottom of the bottle to get it out but now it just pours out like water. :( Still the best tasting though :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

On the sameish topic, is there a difference between chef ketchup in bottles (seems much nicer) and those in plastic containers? I know its probably a trick of the mind but I enjoy the bottled ketchup much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

maybe you're not shaking the bottle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maybe less modified starch? or whatever is in it. If put in the fridge it should pour less easily.
    bottles (seems much nicer) and those in plastic containers?

Some have good taste sensitivity and can pick up the taste the plastic imparts. Also they may undergo different sterilization/pasteurisation processes. Kegged beer, usually is treated less than bottled or canned.

Small Heinz glass bottles are quite cheap, if you look at the "price per kg" signs, and I prefer them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Has anyone notice how watery Heinz Ketchup has become. The ad on telly used to feature people having to smack the bottom of the bottle to get it out but now it just pours out like water. :( Still the best tasting though :p

My mother refuses to believe that Heinz ketchup is more watery so she stood the bottle upside down on the table last week and when I opened it I got covered in ketchup.

I use the sqeezy bottle because it doesn't come pouring out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My ma used to dilute the remainder of the bottle with milk to get the last bit out!

• Advertisement

My ma used to dilute the remainder of the bottle with milk to get the last bit out!

I'm going to get sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You posh bastard, my ma used to use plain old water :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe the ketchup is watery because the cost of tomatoes has gone up and they are putting fewer in relative to water? Tomatoes sure are costing more in the States over the past few months.

(The Republic of Tomato better beef up their defenses, cause this might be cause for Bush to invade!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

janeybabe wrote: »
    I'm going to get sick!

i'm right behind you.

milk in ketchup :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Not a bad idea using milk. You put mayonnaise and ketchup together to make "Marie Rose / prawn sauce" so i bet it tastes nice .

Note to self to check it out this weekend. (with chef ketchup though ;) )

From a professional point of view Heinz is too runny like cheap ketchup versions, Chef is thicker and has a better colour when mixed with mayo imo.

• Advertisement

chef is nasty, though their brown sauce is good. i like heinz, and it's only watery at the top, if you get one of them upside down squeezy bottles it's plain sailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

My Mam always put in a drop of vinegar,well it is whats in it already!

to all heinz haters, it's better than kandee sauce ;)

themadchef wrote: »
    Not a bad idea using milk. You put mayonnaise and ketchup together to make "Marie Rose / prawn sauce" so i bet it tastes nice .

Note to self to check it out this weekend. (with chef ketchup though ;) )

From a professional point of view Heinz is too runny like cheap ketchup versions, Chef is thicker and has a better colour when mixed with mayo imo.

Oh God, mayo is nearly as bad as milk in my eyes! Just leave the ketchup alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

janeybabe wrote: »
    Oh God, mayo is nearly as bad as milk in my eyes! Just leave the ketchup alone!
    No actually I think mayo in the eyes would be worse than milk.

No actually I think mayo in the eyes would be worse than milk.

Har har har....I'm off to have a bacon sandwich with plenty of Heinz ketchup now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

:p

...well enjoy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bros123 wrote: »
    My Mam always put in a drop of vinegar,well it is whats in it already!
    I do that, lovely stuff, I used to put ketchup out and mix in vinegar with a fork
    JIZZLORD wrote: »
    to all heinz haters, it's better than kandee sauce ;)
    kandee uses no sugar, just sweetener, dunno why they don't brand it as low sugar ketchup, would sell far more. Loaded with salt though, doesn't say how much which is the giveaway- something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Daddies ketchup all the way.

Advertisement