Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extenuating circumstances

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

right so say youre badly sick and get the extenuating circumstances form, what then happens are youre marks for labs missed, etc.

are they not taken into account or are you made exempt etc?(in science)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Presuming your circumstances are accepted, thenh you are exempt from thise labs. So if say you have 5 labs to d in one semester, worth 20%, you miss one (due to these circumstances) then you will be marked out of the 4 you attended. I presume you know you need a doc's cert? And the lecturer/lab person needs to know about the reason/form too. (You should be told who needs to know anyway) Feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

cheeers, when you say accepted what do you mean?does the lecturer yay or nay it?
    ah yeh Ive got the oul doctors cert already, weekend of xtra-vision it is then:rolleyes:
    thats put my mind at rest, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

By accepted I juts yea, whether they accept it or not, but if you have a doc cert they don't really have choice but accept it. Extenuating circumstances covers other stuff as well as just been sick (For example a family/friends death) its at those times that can decide whether or not its an acceptable "excuse". 9 times out of 10 it will be accepted anyway!!!

Don't worry - a docs cert can't be messed with really! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

thanks, I just read the ucd policy thing and it said something about a board of members...........just sent images of big courts being convened and hammer with people saying declined and "you cant handle the truth!" sort of stuff into my head, anyway ucd laws/policies are a little mad
    cheers

Advertisement