Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Burner Not Firing

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi - my oil burner (Grant Euroflame) has stopped working this morning. When you press the reset button it starts for about 10 seconds as if its about to kick in but then it knocks off. I have checked the following but nothing seems to resolve the issue:

- bled it to make sure the oil is getting in ok
    - checked the therostat to make sure its working ok
    - checked the pump and its working fine

Any suggestions/ideas as to what may be the cause of the prolem. I can only think that its an issue with the fuel not getting ignited but then as I'm not a professional I could be entirely wrong.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

could be the jets are blocked.
    im not an expert on these so you may want to google how to clean jets on xxxxxxx boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is it firing at all..... Can you see flame?

Sounds like it's going through the start up cycle but not firing up.

Could be blocked jet, faulty oil pump (not circulation pump, which is the one I would guess you were referring to) or there is a low possibility of the controller.

I'd start by replacing the jet. They're only a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Got a man out this morning as I really don't have any experience in this area and my tinkering has gotten nowhere. Burner is knackered apparently and needs replacing. Quote of €680 + VAT for the job but got him down to €680 cash and it'll be done today. Sound reasonable?? Anyway, no odds really as I have told him to go for it as we have a young baby in the house and no heat is not an option.

Advertisement