Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teenage son

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i have a teenage son he is 15/16. He uset be grand up till a few weeks ago but over the last few weeks he is always saying he's fat "when he is not " and he is always make sure his clothes are nice and clean and he wont eat anymore. and he is always texting this boy. i think he might be [EMAIL="g@y"]g@y[/EMAIL]. i don't mind as long as he is happy. but his father would hate it and he might try to kick my son out of the house. how should i ask my son is he [EMAIL="g@y"]g@y[/EMAIL]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I wouldn't, I would wait until he comes to you about it.
    As for the not eating, well if he wants more healthier options when fine talk to him about that and what food he can eat which has sod all fat and have in the house for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fast women

no he's not. even when i went to the parent teacher meeting's last week on of the teachers thought he was gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fast women

well it's becausae there was another gay person in the school and my son is the only person who talks to that person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

fast women I sugget you read the charter for this forum, trolling is not tolerated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

fast women wrote: »
    well it's becausae there was another gay person in the school and my son is the only person who talks to that person

Sorry Thaedydal, I probably shouldn't have quoted this ridiculous statement (seeing it once is bad enough), but perhaps the OP should try and step back and look at what she's asking...

So, OP, you're teenage son is suddenly becoming aware of how he looks, what he eats and whom he interacts with. That definitely means something is "wrong". :rolleyes:

So your son is speaking to someone who is reputably gay...does that automatically mean he's making a decision on his own sexuality? Maybe it just means he's an open-minded and compassionate person who isn't afraid to be different from all of his peers?

Even if your son is exploring the possibility he may be gay, you really need to ask yourself if that's a problem. You claim it isn't (the father would be the one with the issue) but the fact that you're posting this at all leads me to wonder if that's the whole truth?

Teenagers (both male and female) go through all sorts of phases and do all sorts of seemingly bizarre things - have you forgotten what your teenage years were like? Whatever your son is (or isn't) going through, all he needs from you is your unconditional love and support. He doesn't need to be questioned or forced to explain what may not even be clear in his own mind. That will only push him away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Ah, my apologies again, I just realized the OP has been banned. ;)

Advertisement