Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Vs Seat

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Had the same prob when looking at cars. The golf gt 122hp (went for the 140 myself) looks a lot nicer than the Leon IMO. I was actually ready to put a deposit down on the Leon but eventually could not live with the looks. Looks great from the front and back to just looking at the side turned me off.

With regards to resale even with a new Golf launched the current one should hold its value quiet well. If you look at mkIV (very poor reliability and quality) and they are still going for decent money.

I did not consider the focus as I don't like the new styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 farl

OK, taking test drive tomorrow in in the Golf, the Leon TSi and TDi.
    Have to say that the Leon has a great exterior. Very sporty, it reminds me of the old Mazda 3F but the interior - it looks very like they went for an early lunch and never came back to finished it.

Can't thnk of any other make out there that I should compare to. Afraid to go near Alfa, Corolla (or whatever it's called now) just seems reliable and boring, Nissan - what were they thinking?

Tks to all that offered their opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I am thinking of changing mine as well at the moment. Have done a full spectrum of diff cars.... volvo s40, mondeo, 3 series, alfa 159 , then back to the hatches again and was thinking of a hot hatch. Took a look at the golf gti and seat fr. interior of both is of same quality IMHO. the quality of plastics is equally as good in one as the other. Both feel very 'german' inside. Exterior wise... the leon (i have one already at the moment) wins hands down. The leon is probably the nicest looking car in its segment at the moment. Water de silva knows how to produce an elegant sexy design... alfa 156, alfa 147 , alfa spider (old one and gt) , seat leon etc..
    Both cars drive the exact same.. but the leon is a bit cheaper stock and wehn you add in all the toys that the leon comes standard with to the golf... it just looks overpriced in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

E92 wrote: »
    Are Skodas really as reliable as people say they are? I mean they were VWs last time I checked, and I know VWs certainly are not reliable!

As for the Leon, between that, the Altea and Toledo, I always thought Seat made 3 cars when all they needed was one.

In a word Yes. I have had 3 and not a single issue with it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Its most strange that vw are replacing the golf when it seems to be doing better than ever.It also seems to be considered the best car in its class which is more that was ever said for the mk3 or 4.I hope vw are'nt gettin greedy.There are rumours of cheaper rear suspension

Don't know of any motoring journal that would pick one over a focus.
    Next you'll tell us that somebody rates a passat or an A4 as a better car than a mondeo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

groupb wrote: »
    Don't know of any motoring journal that would pick one over a focus.
    Next you'll tell us that somebody rates a passat or an A4 as a better car than a mondeo.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews-by-type.aspx?RG=2

This crowd do for starters.And whats that sh1t about the A4 and mondeo about???I did'nt say that did I and the clear answer is that some people do rate a passat and A4 better cars than the mondeo.WTF???If everyone rated the mondeo the best no-one would buy a passat or A4 would thay???I dunno about you but i seem to see plenty of both cars around....Everyones taste in cars in different afterall!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Biro wrote: »
    I'd go with the Leon. Looks better, has more equipment, is 2k cheaper.
    Bargain more off and it'll be even cheaper again. In 3 years time, it will probably be worth only about 2k less than the same year Golf, making it depreciate the exact same amount.

Thats been my experience having had a couple of SEATs, very stylish cars, and sales are up.

One of the main reasons I prefer the leon is that everyone else dosent have one.! Has a wow factor if its spec'd properly, whereas the golf is a "golf"....and will always be a "golf"... theres nothing wrong with the golf its just very predictable, the leon just looks like it wants you to drive it.

The centre console is a bit sparse but its very well put together and you can see and feel the quality control everywhere over the previous models.

Advertisement