Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own both consoles? XBox 360 or PS3?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've got both and would go for the 360 due to its online capabilities. That's what sets them apart for me.

Each have their own pros and cons. 360 has no built in wireless, PS3 controller is a piece of turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

I dont see what big difference the 360 has 'online' over the PS3, having had a 360 all last year and now i have a ps3,if a game can be played online,then it can be played online, its defo not a pro for the XBOX as you have to pay for the damn thing! I pay for enough **** in my life without adding to it with a service that should always be free once you've bought the game! So I'd have to disagree strongly that a pro for the 360 is its online features as PSN is doing all the same stuff,without the credit card bill.I'd be gutted about having to pay to play with my mates,**** that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    I dont see what big difference the 360 has 'online' over the PS3, having had a 360 all last year and now i have a ps3,if a game can be played online,then it can be played online, its defo not a pro for the XBOX as you have to pay for the damn thing! I pay for enough **** in my life without adding to it with a service that should always be free once you've bought the game! So I'd have to disagree strongly that a pro for the 360 is its online features as PSN is doing all the same stuff,without the credit card bill.I'd be gutted about having to pay to play with my mates,**** that!

Are you sure you've actually played the PS3 online?
    Granted the PSN is getting better, but its still not close to Xbox Live.

yeah man! like ok, GoW online, pick a game type, join a room, chat **** while the level loads, play and win or lose! The same goes for Halo3 and so on. COD4 on the PS3, pick a game type,join a room,chat **** while the level loads,play and win or lose. What specifically does XBOX live have over PSN and gaming on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    yeah man! like ok, GoW online, pick a game type, join a room, chat **** while the level loads, play and win or lose! The same goes for Halo3 and so on. COD4 on the PS3, pick a game type,join a room,chat **** while the level loads,play and win or lose. What specifically does XBOX live have over PSN and gaming on the PS3?

Been awhile since I was on PSN but...
    Universal friends list
    Ability to read/send messages without exiting game
    Film + tv show downloads (including HD)
    MSN
    Voice support in all games
    Gamerpoints/achievements

• Advertisement

point made....you win...! lol! All the xtra stuff is kinda handy I guess!But I only use my PS3 for gaming, I use my laptop or PC for everything else! As far as gaming goes, I don't see any difference, although it would be nice to send and receive mail mid game, but I'm sure this will be changed with updates to the firmware like!Again though, good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    I've got both and would go for the 360 due to its online capabilities. That's what sets them apart for me.

Each have their own pros and cons. 360 has no built in wireless, PS3 controller is a piece of turd.

I never thought I would read a comment that is so obviously written by someone who doesnt own both consoles.....

I never thought I would read a comment that is so obviously written by someone who doesnt own both consoles.....

Eh what? You want a picture of my setup? Not that I need to prove myself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Oh ****! I just realised that I read your comment wrong....
    Thought you said you owned both but the ps3 is a piece of turd.
    Sorry for sounding like an asshole!
    No need to prove yourself so guess

Oh ****! I just realised that I read your comment wrong....
    Thought you said you owned both but the ps3 is a piece of turd.
    Sorry for sounding like an asshole!
    No need to prove yourself so guess

LOL, i was like wtf when I read your comment. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement