Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital photo frames

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question but the photography forum didnt seem very suitable... feel free to move it!

I'm thinking of getting my parents a digital photo frame for their wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to make a slide show of some of their wedding photos and some other occasions. Since these photos are obviously pretty old I was wondering is it possible to scan them or would the quality be bad? Is there any way to get them onto a memory card?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

You can scan them once the image isn't damaged it will scan fine. You would have to have them digitally restored if they are damaged.

The quality depends on how you scan them. If they are original photos there is no need to use the descreen function on your scanner, you should aim to scan for an output resolution of about 144 ppi. Which I think is the maximum a LCD screen can display, after all the Monitor (photoframe) is just a LCD screen.

You can put them onto a memory card/disc or any other portable media the same way as anything else. You scan them. Save them and put onto the card/disc etc. by dragging and dropping them when the card/disc is in your computer using the port/drive.

If you're unsure how to scan them properly or if they need photo restoration then your best bet is to leave it into a photo center, there are many around, and they will do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

Thanks for the advice! It doesnt sound too bad. Think I will give the scanning ago to see how it turns out.

Advertisement