Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

black cars - what do people think of them?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I dont think my car was just washed and polished when I took the pic but twas probably recently after a wash.
    I think black cars look excellent, especially after a good hand wash. Fair enough dirt might show a bit easier, but i like washing my car so thats all good with me.:D 8 year old '00 reg car
    21011614a6912891939l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'd echo what has been said already. I have a small black coupe and despite being quite old, I think it still looks well. That said, it's a pig to keep clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

worded wrote: »
    The look old when older?

If a car is looked after it won't look old no matter what colour it is. My old 1995 Celica looked pretty good when washed and waxed, even better when the sun sometimes came out. You may notice my Celica T-Sport wheels on it which is black as well :D

celica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

elven wrote: »
    I'm thinking black when the new shape ibiza comes out... it's like a baby leon and the leon looks fab in black. Must learn to wash it more often though :rolleyes:

I think it makes your alloys stand out even more too.

Have you got a link to the new ibiza?
    I am only to assume the Cordoba will change as well?
    I have just bought a new Metallic Black Cordoba and use Harly Wax on it... Looks stunning after waxing.. True that afer a nights rain it gets spotty but nothing that a quick squirt of cold power washer wont remove. With the Harly wax the dirt seems to just run off it and come up looking great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Black is only good in the showroom. Once it leaves it becomes a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Woops- logged in on my dads profile

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Black is only good in the showroom. Once it leaves it becomes a nightmare

I disagree! It depends on the owner, how the car is kept. I personally love washing my car and it looks brilliant afterwards. Wash a silver car and who can tell the difference!
    Its not like it kills ya to keep a black car looking good. Ill sponge wash, rinse, and towel dry my car in about 15 mins. Every week if I get the chance.
    I actually got my tracking checked for free because the guy at the garage was saying how people wreck there cars and stuff, and that mine was well cared for etc (just washed also). Granted, he didnt have to fix the tracking as it was ok to begin with, but still, I feel my effort helped his decision.

Apparantly having a black means you're successfull. I have a black car and.....I'm...very..... ......successfull.

puleeaze...!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wash a silver car and who can tell the difference!

looks like we disagree on both counts then

looks like we disagree on both counts then

I had a silver car once and swore never again.
    To me it never looked any different if i had just washed it and dried it or spent hours polishing it.

Painful it was
    Anyway,
    Everyone knows that Black cars are faster :D

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    I had a silver car once and swore never again.
    To me it never looked any different if i had just washed it and dried it or spent hours polishing it.

2-1, Black vs silver

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

I had a metalic black Mondeo,great car to drive but a whor% to keep clean.Even after a good hand wash and dry off with leather cloth the smudges and marks used appear.Ok maybe I did something wrong but when you get very litte reward for alot of effort its hard to endure.God I hated that car (colour). icon10.gif
    Black....no thanks.Silver....yes please.
    2-2 Black v Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

I have a black and a silver car - the wife has a black car too -

spend most of my time washing the silver one......

I just use some Simoniz liquid wax concentrate stuff. Not sure what the name on it is exactly. Mix it in with a basin of water and sponge wash. Car comes out excellent.

IMO the person who washes the car determines how it turns out... no offense.

shanel23 wrote: »
    I have a black and a silver car - the wife has a black car too -

spend most of my time washing the silver one......

Do you drive them equally?
    If so is it just because you like the silver one more that you wash it or does it show up the dirt more?

I just use some Simoniz liquid wax concentrate stuff. Not sure what the name on it is exactly. Mix it in with a basin of water and sponge wash. Car comes out excellent.

IMO the person who washes the car determines how it turns out... no offense.

I use that stuff too....super stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Do you drive them equally?
    If so is it just because you like the silver one more that you wash it or does it show up the dirt more?

Drive the silver one a bit more to be honest ;) But the black one just seems to handle a bit of dirt a bit better - I don't think it looks as bad after wet trip on the M50 as the silver one does ..

I use that stuff too....super stuff

The odd coat of proper wax too if im feeling generous. I only towel dry because the waters a bit hard so it leaves streaks.

I just use some Simoniz liquid wax concentrate stuff.

Have you tried Meguires Liquid Gold :confused:

Thats what I use and find it excellent.
    Might try the Simoniz stuff next ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

This was one of my cars a while back, the paint did look rather tired!

777566_20070905090935_1.jpg

Then i had this yoke;

DSC00053-1.jpg

There was about 50K miles between the two cars the carina would have come up grand with a bit of a polish.

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Woops- logged in on my dads profile
    Last edited by Shamrogue : Today at 18:23.

confused the hell out of me for a while

woop wrote: »
    confused the hell out of me for a while

Yes, my bad. My dad is shamogue, didnt realize i was on him profile until i was like 'hey! wheres my sig gone!'

Advertisement