Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respray an entire Octavia? $? A bad idea?

Options
  • 15-02-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

I saw a car today and it nice but .........

There are three places where gravel has bounced off and tiny bits of rust are there.

There are a few small scratches.
    Its a 2003
    I like it but this really puts me off.

The question is - does a sprayed car look bad, even on a resale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

why would you respray the entire car and spend €3-4k.
    Just buy another one. (Don't you already have an Octavia that needs a paint job?)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

worded wrote: »
    The question is - does a sprayed car look bad, even on a resale

Depends on how it's done. Some new cars have had re-sprays due to bumps and scrapes when loading/unloading. If you get it done cheap it'll look cheap, but a good body shop should be able to return to new.

But as Colm says, why not buy a different car if your worried about respraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

colm_mcm wrote: »
    why would you respray the entire car and spend €3-4k.
    Just buy another one. (Don't you already have an Octavia that needs a paint job?)

It needed 5.3K worth of work dont to it when an L driver wrote it off, was a beauty only 10 days. There wasnt a mark on it. Will be looking forever it seems before getting another like it.

Garages are describing cars as "immaculate" and show room. They are far from it.

Mechanically I thought todays test drive was excellent, the garage owner was sound, but there are so many little scratches. 8K. The next person would be looking with a critical eye two years down the road. How the fcuk can you own a car and never wax it FFS?

Tired looking. Im in the market for a circa 02.

NI car? Are NI roads salted?
    Would it be easier to get a bettter one in norn iron?

GF says dont panic another car as good is out there, but the Quinn hired car goes back Monday. It will be shop local time Monday +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

worded wrote: »
    It needed 5.3K worth of work dont to it when an L driver wrote it off, was a beauty only 10 days. There wasnt a mark on it. Will be looking forever it seems before getting another like it.

Garages are describing cars as "immaculate" and show room. They are far from it.

Mechanically I thought todays test drive was excellent, the garage owner was sound, but there are so many little scratches. 8K. The next person would be looking with a critical eye two years down the road. How the fcuk can you own a car and never wax it FFS?

Tired looking. Im in the market for a circa 02.

NI car? Are NI roads salted?
    Would it be easier to get a bettter one in norn iron?

GF says dont panic another car as good is out there, but the Quinn hired car goes back Monday. It will be shop local time Monday +

Of course there is, the market is flooded with second hand cars at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

There's a few on www.usedcarsni.com at the minute if you're going to the North for one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement