Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey all, I haven't been ignoring the forum, only reading everyone else's posts, but with nothing of my own to say have remained silent.

5 weeks yesterday since the beginning of my cycle. Praying that the tenderness I feel is not actually the next one, though with my son I was convinced for several weeks my period was only a day or 2 away, hopefully it will be the same again this time and that I am finally preggers :( Sick of everyone saying "Oh he is so good with young children, etc, you should really think of giving him a brother/sister, your so young it would be no bother to you!" Apparently it is a bit of a bother! But you cannot tell them that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congrats Popel! I would advise using the Clearblue Digital test! There is no mistaking it! I got faint lines when I found out & was worrying cause it was so faint till I took the Clearblue & it shows yes or no :) a line is a line though! As someone on here once said to me.. A positive is a positive & I wish you a healthy happy pregnancy :)

Digs I think you should maybe test again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. As I said, I'll test again in the morning, but the teeny line on the test today has become slightly more existent over the day, so I'd say it's probably actually true. I'll be sure to post again tomorrow.

And best of luck for all those who are heading into a new month of trying. It's insane that there is no middle ground, you're either still trying or you're pregnant, and it can change just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey all, I haven't been ignoring the forum, only reading everyone else's posts, but with nothing of my own to say:(
    . SNAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing?
    I still have tender boobs, on cd21, 7 days past ov. have had tender boobs since shortly after ov.
    Never been this tender, up a little bit of weight though so wondering is it that, ie skin stretching?
    Anyway, waiting again... for cork fertility clinic to receive the letter from cumh so the way things are going now prob no chance of getting in their before christmas... god I am so impatient arent I! Would just have loved to had a go before Christmas, would love to give dh a christmas pressie of a bfp on a stick! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Big congrats pople, I would be the same doing another test to be sure to be sure but there probably is no need because a line is a line, faint or otherwise.

Wolfpawnat and digs did you test?

Longin I hope you get an an appointment soon, but def keep at it if you know what I mean, til then.

Well I'm still perplexed by my day and half period. OH keeps telling me to do preg test just to rule it out but I really don't think that's it as the period I did have was def a period. I guess I'm worried that it means my oestrogen is low and I didn't build up much of a lining in the uterus. Must... Stop ... Googling!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

Sorry to bring bad news to the forum, but my second test this morning was negative. I felt the same nausea as yesterday morning, so thought initially that the test must have been done wrong or faulty, but I started bleeding then three hours later.

So I think I´m going back to lurking now.

Thanks so much for the well wishes on my very short pregnancy though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Popel wrote: »
    Sorry to bring bad news to the forum, but my second test this morning was negative. I felt the same nausea as yesterday morning, so thought initially that the test must have been done wrong or faulty, but I started bleeding then three hours later.

Ah Popel I am so sorry, hope that you are ok.This TTC business is so very tough so mind yourself. Take it easy today xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Popel wrote: »

Sorry Popel :( here's to next Month xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Mink wrote: »
    Big congrats pople, I would be the same doing another test to be sure to be sure but there probably is no need because a line is a line, faint or otherwise.

Longin I hope you get an an appointment soon, but def keep at it if you know what I mean, til then.

Well I'm still perplexed by my day and half period. OH keeps telling me to do preg test just to rule it out but I really don't think that's it as the period I did have was def a period. I guess I'm worried that it means my oestrogen is low and I didn't build up much of a lining in the uterus. Must... Stop ... Googling!

Snap re the highlighted sentence above!!!

I didn't have to test, she arrived in all her brazen glory yest afternoon. I actually haven't taken a preg test the whole time since ttc. Am restraining myself.... I don't know what I think will happen WHEN (:P) I do get preg, I must think you get some magical feeling or something and I will instantly know!!

Oh Sorry Popel, hope you're feeling ok and Best wishes for next month!

I am Determind for all of us this month. I will be pregnant by Christmas, I will be pregnant by Christmas (repeat after me girls).

• Advertisement

I've taken 3 different test brands this month. Obviously none of them are sensitive enough :o

Internet cheapies - I don't trust them
    Boots own brand - have bad reviews so then I bought
    Tesco own brand - still negatory but no sign of af yet.
    The last 2 cycles were 26 days but am now on cd27. I won't give in until af arrives :)

I will be pregnant by Christmas

Won't do one til the weekend I think, too nervous to go any sooner as I my cycle is contrary at the best of times!

Sorry to hear that Pople, best of luck this month!

Sorry you're out too Digs
    Digs wrote: »
    I am Determind for all of us this month. I will be pregnant by Christmas, I will be pregnant by Christmas (repeat after me girls).

I WILL BE PREGNANT BY CHRISTMAS dag nam it!

Getting my thermometer today so will see how that goes and how disciplined I am at doing it same time every morning.

Sorry to hear that Pople, best of luck this month!

Sorry you're out too Digs
    Digs wrote: »

I WILL BE PREGNANT BY CHRISTMAS dag nam it!

Getting my thermometer today so will see how that goes and how disciplined I am at doing it same time every morning.
    where do you get a thermometer for this? Sorry Im sure its been asked before...

A few posts back it was suggested to get it online but you have to search for one that is specifically fertility tracking / BBT (Basal Body Temp) tracking.

I'm too impatient & am going to try find one in a chemists this evening. If I fail I'll be ordering on-line.

I think it needs to have two decimal places as in 98.86, not 98.9

Sarahbro, here is the link, courtesy of Fri.day :D
    Fri.Day wrote: »

Sarahbro, here is the link, courtesy of Fri.day :D
    On my pregnancy preparation buzz this week. Set up a standing order for savings to the credit union so I'll have a little nest egg for bubs whenever they show up :)
    Starting taking Pregnacare Conception yesterday, ordering the thermometer Friday and organising OH's appointment with a fertility clinic soon.
    It's all go here and I've never been more focused or determined or happy!
    It's going to happen for us all, i'm sure of it! :) xxx

Tried a test earlier (albeit a tesco one) negative :( All happy feeling gone at the moment :( was getting excited

Tried a test earlier (albeit a tesco one) negative :( All happy feeling gone at the moment :( was getting excited

Sorry to hear that wolfpawnat. Fingers cross for us all this cycle!

Big Hug.

• Advertisement

Right I've another question. I started temping this morning and it was 97.2. When I compare that to example temperature charts (for temping for fertility) it seems to be lower than average.

Anyone else have an average basal body temp this low?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Mine`s in Celsius 35.6 (96.0 F) average which I thought myself was very cold!?!?!
    This is my 3rd temped cycle and I seem to be getting colder..I was averaging 36.2 when I started, then 36.0 and now 35.xx
    I don`t have any thyroid issues even though that what Google throws up!!
    I`d say over 3 cycles you`ll know for sure what "your" norm is
    Hope that helps!
    We`re still in the middle of our marathon, we certainly not teenagers any more, god the effort!! Fingers crossed that it works, I`ll know soon when/if I`ve ovulated...

Mine`s in Celsius 35.6 (96.0 F) average which I thought myself was very cold!?!?!
    This is my 3rd temped cycle and I seem to be getting colder..I was averaging 36.2 when I started, then 36.0 and now 35.xx
    I don`t have any thyroid issues even though that what Google throughs up!!
    I`d say over 3 cycles you`ll know for sure what "your" norm is
    Hope that helps!
    We`re still in the middle of our marathon, we certainly not teenagers any more, god the effort!! Fingers crossed that it works, I`ll know soon when/if I`ve ovulated...

Thanks Friday, yeah I shouldn't freak out over one temp reading, I need to just do it consistently for some weeks/months.

I agree, re the sexathon. I don't know how we did it when in late teens/early twenties. I'll admit it's nice doing it more frequently but jesus it takes it out of ya. Best of luck

Hi Ladies, re low temp, what day in cycle are you and another weird n wonderful question, were you awake for long before using thermometer? best off having it right under your pillow so you dont have to move too much and can more or less do it still slightly sleepy.
    If early in cycle your body may just be recooping after af?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Ladies,
    I'm 1 week past ovulation,period due this day next week and I feel like my period is coming. you know that dull nagging feeling in your back so I don't know whats going on. Any ideas??

Just future reference, How early can you test?

javagal wrote: »
    Ladies,
    I'm 1 week past ovulation,period due this day next week and I feel like my period is coming. you know that dull nagging feeling in your back so I don't know whats going on. Any ideas??

Just future reference, How early can you test?
    same as and sore boobs and odd cramps.
    CD 23 and tested this am.. like a fool wasting a pg test...

same as and sore boobs and odd cramps.
    CD 23 and tested this am.. like a fool wasting a pg test...
    me too lol :):) its impossible to wait..

goddamit... tmi
    sorry

Just been to the loo and have spotting... cd23! wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scooter29

I am 33 years of age and we have been trying to have a baby for 4 years. I got pregnant 3 years ago but lost the baby at 7 weeks. Since then, we have been trying to get pregnant, but nothing is happening. My cycle was irregular for 8 months and I suffered very heavy bleeding, but when I lost some weight that stopped. I was referred to a infertility consultant in the maternity hospital and I had all the tests for tubes etc and my husband is fine. I am overweight and this has come up again and again as some sort of reason why I can't get pregnant. I started clomid and I ovulated every month and even hyperovulated so my ovaries are fine. Still no baby. I have tried all of the tips for intercourse- legs up, pillow under the bum, timing it, ovulation kits, everything. I went to the consulant today he has given me 3 months more with the clomid and then IUI. But here is the kicker- he will not refer me for IUI until I lose around 3 stone. My BMI is too high. Just when you think they might be able to help you, they move the goalposts. I am trying to lose weight but it is so hard for me....the more I think about not being able to get pregnant, the more I eat. I know it is a vicious cycle, but sometimes the pain of thinking that I might not be able to have children is unbearable. I don't smoke or drink just eat too much. I have a good support network but people really dont understand what it is like unless they have been through it themselves.

• Advertisement

goddamit... tmi
    sorry

Just been to the loo and have spotting... cd23! wtf?

Must be implantation??
    Fingers crossed for ya x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement