Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Spoke to Orla in CFC this morning.

Because of HSE cutbacks, even though we were approved.
    It wont go ahead until at least August and even at that we cannot guarantee it.

To say I am raging/upset/disappointed is an understatement

I feel like crying. Still have to tell DH when he gets home from Dublin.

Oh Longing I'm so sorry to hear this :-( I hope you're ok! Thinking of you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

I'm so so sorry for you, am actually gutted for you now. Mind yourself xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

thanks ladies, on a serious downer, have an exam tomorrow and I just couldnt get into it at all today so screwed and not in the good sense lol, ovulating as we speak and with work load of college and dh only getting home from dublin there now, I really dont think its going to happen this month but will still be wishing christmas bfp's for ye!
    Thanks again, I am just so enraged after Dr. Wiegandt saying you need to get started on this asap etc... then the nurse having to bear the bad news to me and dh of course trying to keep my head on straight said, sure that time suits better we wont be missing college for scans/treatments etc... and IF you were successful in getting pregnant babs would be due just after your exams...
    I know what he is saying and why he was saying it but I just wanted to be able to have my go asap incase it doesnt work instead of wasting another year waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

thanks ladies, on a serious downer, have an exam tomorrow and I just couldnt get into it at all today so screwed and not in the good sense lol, ovulating as we speak and with work load of college and dh only getting home from dublin there now, I really dont think its going to happen this month but will still be wishing christmas bfp's for ye!
    Thanks again, I am just so enraged after Dr. Wiegandt saying you need to get started on this asap etc... then the nurse having to bear the bad news to me and dh of course trying to keep my head on straight said, sure that time suits better we wont be missing college for scans/treatments etc... and IF you were successful in getting pregnant babs would be due just after your exams...
    I know what he is saying and why he was saying it but I just wanted to be able to have my go asap incase it doesnt work instead of wasting another year waiting...

I'm sorry longin - that's so bloody frustrating :(
    Can you fight it at all? It's so unfair. I know what ya mean - as soon as ya want a baby no amount of reasoning or logic will stop that. It's understandable to be impatient, dont feel bad for that!

I keep an eye on this thread most days as I spent 15 months trying and a good 8 of them were spent getting support on here! Really hope there's more positives before Christmas - ill have everything crossed for ye, keep positive and keep trying - it WILL happen for you, and bring here for each other in the meanwhile seriously helps.
    I'm sitting here on my couch at 29 weeks getting the crap kicked out of me, so as sh&tty as my miscarriage and long wait were it was worth hanging in there. Remember to stay positive and while always trying - try to use other healthy things like hobbies to distract your mind a little so you can have a mental break. It's an exhausting and mostly unrecognized journey - but I'm sure for you all it will end well , x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So sorry to hear your bad news Longin, is there any way that you can appeal?

Lotsa hugs for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'm so sorry for you, that is terrible raising your hopes like that and dashing them again :( I hope it doesn't affect your exams tomorrow.

Fingers crossed maybe you could appeal and get a sooner start date for treatment? I hope it all works out for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Oh longin I'm gutted for you, its all just so frustrating. I hope it gets reviewed again more favourably for you. Take care. Well I'm expecting my periods on Sunday - I know they are on the way, I'm feeling bloated & can't stop eating crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

So ive been kinda taking a break from the whole trying to concieve. Tests show i am not ovulating and i dont get periods either! Doc wants to start me on injections but i need to loose some weight first. So i am on a 5 month mission and i will get to my goal. When i go back on march 20th im gonna prove him that i could loose weight and my infertility has nothing to do with my weight!!

However, i do keep reading this and congrats to you all that have finally got that BFP! and to the others.... just keep going..... we will all get our turn one day - for some of us it just may take longer than others x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi Ladies,
    Just checking in..How is everyone??Anyone on 2ww??
    After a few weeks of ups and downs, I seen baby last Tuesday and Have another Scan on the 20th.

****Babydust****

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

No 2ww for me, OH is still on meds and got the sure fire sign that there is no baby for us this month. Roll on next month... Maybe a new years surprise awaits us. Know what I'll be busy doing all over christmas !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

I'mon the 2ww. Period due this week from Wednesday onwards. I have no signs of period at all. Although that means nothing. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. Also I'm scared that I am pregnant in case I miscarry again. Just going to be focused and try not to think about it.

I minded my two nephews on Saturday and had a great time. They are brilliant. The two and a half year old kind of gets the whole idea of Santa. They were just siting under my tree looking at ll the lights. Brilliant stuff.

No sign of my period yet but I'm on day 29 of a normal 27 day cycle; did a boots test yesterday - negative. So p*****off waiting; just want a new month to start.

its arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Goodne wrote: »
    its arrived!
    Bah! Crack open that bottle of wine stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sorry to hear it arrived Goodne :( Anyone else on the 2week wait? Feck it if AF arrives, enjoy Chrimbo and start afresh in January. New year, new baby!

I'm on CD16 at the moment but I've decided not to test if I'm ovulating this month. I had some blood yesterday but I guess that's a side effect after the laproscopy. I'm still hopeful but just want to enjoy the christmas without watching and thinking about it all the time. It's almost a sense of relief when you decide to stop monitoring your cycle for a month :rolleyes:

Grawns wrote: »
    Bah! Crack open that bottle of wine stat!
    Done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

I'm out. Feel like looking at rubbish on the internet for the rest of the day in work. Think I'm taking this month off from the thread. I'll see you all in the New Year. Best of luck everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irishgal2012

Hi ladies! Havent been on in ages as crazy busy with work at the mo...but had to log on to tell ye, I got my BFP on saturday! So excited and nervous all at once!! :)

Hi ladies! Havent been on in ages as crazy busy with work at the mo...but had to log on to tell ye, I got my BFP on saturday! So excited and nervous all at once!! :)
    Yay! Have a fabulous Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congrats Irishgal! Take it easy over Xmas & enjoy it! Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh congrats irishgal. You must be so thrilled!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Hi All,

I'm on the 2ww now. I don't think it happened this month. The timing may have been right on one or two of the days but that's about it

This is the first month using the OPK and it looks like I was ovulating a few days earlier that I had previously thought

My boobs have been so painful around ovulation (have never felt anything like that before in my life) and I am constantly burping ... very attractive :o I am finding it interesting what you notice about your body when you are paying attention

Best of luck to everyone here and congrats irishgal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi Girls

Congrats to all the new mums and good luck to all those waiting... have still been checking in on the thread just not really partaking.

I am enjoying a major step back this month, have no idea when I ovulated, amn't temping or using opks. I am enjoying drinking some real coffee (was avoiding caffeine) and drinking plenty of wine at various Xmas parties :D:D and we are also putting the fun back in sex as opposed to timing it with precision :) All I know is I am due sometime in between Xmas and New years!

It's the first time in literally months I have switched off and it has done me and the hubby the world of good. December is my favourite time of year and I so desperately wanted to enjoy it which thankfully I am. Hoping to be ready and recharged for ttc next year ;)

On a slightly medical note I just got blood tests back as my hormones and thyroid have to be monitored and everything is completely normal including my prolactin which can be a bit on the high side. Amazing what a bit of destressing and relaxation can do :D

Merry Christmas to you all and chat soon :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Huge congratulations to you! What a christmas dream come true eh? Now, be careful and dont stress too much about work, now that baba is on board.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Massive massive congratulations!!! What a lovely Christmas present for you both, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irishgal2012

Thanks so much ladies! Im 4 weeks 5 days gone today...still such early days but im excited!!Still can hardly believe it-I really thought i was out this month as I was really relaxed about it and never even got a smiley on the OPK's!! I didnt symptom watch which made the 2WW much easier-it was only in the few days before AF was due I started noticing things...then got BFP the day before AF was due!

I know its easier said than done but i really think not obsessing over it is what helped me!!
    Best of luck to everyone else here, hope you all get BFP's very soon!! xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi ladies, thought I would introduce myself! I'm officially off the pill as of next Monday and nervous/scared/excited! To all those who have had success, big congrats, to all those still trying, chin up and hope things work out for ye.

So what's the basics at the beginning, keep track of period dates and lots of quality time?!

Hi ladies, thought I would introduce myself! I'm officially off the pill as of next Monday and nervous/scared/excited! To all those who have had success, big congrats, to all those still trying, chin up and hope things work out for ye.

So what's the basics at the beginning, keep track of period dates and lots of quality time?!

Congrats on starting TTC! I loved that feeling at the beginning, that "OMG maybe we are making a baby right now" feeling" when you are having sex. It really adds another intimate layer to the whole process.

Cominig off the pill, your cycle may need time to settle down, some say theirs took up to a year, others got pregnant right away. Trying to concieve can get stressful very quickly if you let it, so learn to recognise when either of you might be stressed, and lots of communication, as well as lots of shagging ;)

I kept a calendar in my diary, where I put in "AF" for my period, a little heart for sexytime, and when I started using ovulation predictor sticks, a little smiley when I was ovulating.

You will be getting used to the aches and pains that come with a real cycle - ovulation pains on either side, (just about 2 inches in from your pointy pelvic bones) and read up on the changes your cervical mucus goes through during each stage of your period, thats a big indicator of fertile/non-fertile stages in the cycle.

But, for the first 6 months to a year, just enjoy it, and have lots of sex. Start taking folic acid (great for your hair and nails anyway) If either of you smoke, you should really try to quit. Aim for a healthier diet if you dont already have one - lots of greens, fruit, water.

Enjoy!

I'm out Snarl growl bah humbug

• Advertisement

ah sorry Grawns

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement