Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sorry to all the girls who are out this month :(
    Custard I know lots of vit C is supposed to help - I'd go with the powdered stuff & add to juice.

But yeah a reliable supplement that is specifically for aiding male fertility would be your best bet (along with C & zinc). Go into holland & barrett or somewhere like that. Definitely I've read many times that just generally increasing vits & minerals helps with the sperm, seen a fwe success stories where the numbers went up a huge amount within a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

God girls am still in bits with cramps. I'm on cd19 so it's a bit early for AF. They are sire at time and are high in
    My tummy as well as low in my abdomen. I keep googling and read other peoples posts about getting positives and cramps being the biggest symptom. I'm building myself for a massive fall. What day us everyone else on so I can count down the 2ww with someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Goodne wrote: »
    Well I'm out again this month - really had myself convinced that this was our month - new year, new start & all.
    Me too bah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hope83

Hi all, sorry I haven't be on for awhile. Was trying not to think about TTC over the xmas and new year. Im on day CD21 at the moment. My cycles have been mostly 27/28 days. I don't think this month will be successful because we missed a couple of vital days (I dont chart or anything like that) but they were around CD11 so probably my most fertile time. Thinking of getting some ovulation sticks online but Ive always been afraid that if I start charting anything at all nothing will happen-but thats not getting me anywhere so far!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

Hi,
    Hope ye dont mind me joining in. Im currently ttc #2 and Im on day 35 of cycle. (Usually cycle is between 31-39 days, hence ovualtion always different each month). Really finding it hard to wait to test & yet deep down Im pretty sure this is not our month.

yellow hen wrote: »
    God girls am still in bits with cramps. I'm on cd19 so it's a bit early for AF. They are sire at time and are high in
    My tummy as well as low in my abdomen. I keep googling and read other peoples posts about getting positives and cramps being the biggest symptom. I'm building myself for a massive fall. What day us everyone else on so I can count down the 2ww with someone?

Yellow hen - I'm on day 35 as I said and have been getting cramps at different times during tww. I had cramps 2-5DPO, then nothing and have been having them again since 10DPO. Hence I think I'm in for a massive disappointment again this month. 13 DPO today and due to test Sunday. This ttc malarkey is really starting to get to me now..

• Advertisement

prissylee wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hope ye dont mind me joining in. Im currently ttc #2 and Im on day 35 of cycle. (Usually cycle is between 31-39 days, hence ovualtion always different each month). Really finding it hard to wait to test & yet deep down Im pretty sure this is not our month.

Yellow hen - I'm on day 35 as I said and have been getting cramps at different times during tww. I had cramps 2-5DPO, then nothing and have been having them again since 10DPO. Hence I think I'm in for a massive disappointment again this month. 13 DPO today and due to test Sunday. This ttc malarkey is really starting to get to me now..

Welcome to the thread prissylee. Good luck with the testing. Deep down I dont think this is our month either but I hope against hope I'm wrong.:o Keep us all posted how you get on. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

Ah thanks Yellow hen. Keep us posted you too. The cramping thing is bothering me also, especially as it came and went during tww this month. How long are your cycles - have you long to wait til the tww this month or are you charting? Charting is a godsend - I wouldn't know where I'd be in my cycle otherwise!

prissylee wrote: »
    Ah thanks Yellow hen. Keep us posted you too. The cramping thing is bothering me also, especially as it came and went during tww this month. How long are your cycles - have you long to wait til the tww this month or are you charting? Charting is a godsend - I wouldn't know where I'd be in my cycle otherwise!

Im on CD22 now. Think I ovulated around CD13. I had a laparoscopy recently and had a check-up with consultant yesterday. Apparently there was another small blood cyst in my right ovary. They're not harmful but it would have accounted for the cramps. I was a bit dissappointed as I had hoped they were implantation cramps.

I do chart and I've just bought a clearblue fertility monitor as the cheapie opks dont always work for me. Next month I'm pulling out the big guns.....between charting, opks, hubbie on maca and me on cough syrup I'm hoping something happens. Doc has given us another 4months to try naturally and then we go onto clomid.

Gave in and tested with clearblue test today and it was negative :( Im on CD24 but i feel like AF could arrive any day now. Totally peeved but almost relieved to have the 2ww over and the chance to start again. Officially trying one year now, never thought it would take this long at the start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Sorry to hear yellow hen, stick with it, hope you get there soon.

How's everyone else doing? I'm only off the pill about a month, no period yet, v small bit of blood past few days so presume that's my body starting to get back into a routine. Were trying in the meantime, not too actively at the mo as were on different work schedules. I'd like to have a proper period to know where I stand, would help keep track of things, I like to be organised, I'm such a cliche accountant!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

AF is 2 weeks late :(
    I did 3 tests over last week with 3 BFN's.
    My periods of late (about last 6 months) have been surprisingly regular despite the PCOS.
    At my wits end here. Debating whether or not to buy yet *another* test or wait it out.
    I quit smoking on Monday so my.body could be in shock? I've stepped up my healthy eating and exercise. With not smoking I've cut out caffeine and alcohol completely.
    Like I said, my body could just be in shock?

Any advice ladies. Not sure I can handle another BFN this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I got 2 negative tests (both first response for what its worth!) when I was a full week late, still no sign of AF a fortnight later so tested again (clearblue digital) and now have a 13month old girl! Don't count yourself out until your period arrives! Fingers crossed for you! :)

Would love to think that's a possibility Lola! All the symptoms of AF are with me now including some brown mucus. I'm only on cd24 though so if I do get AF it means my lutheal phase is much too short. Yet another problem! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

sarahbro wrote: »
    My periods of late (about last 6 months) have been surprisingly regular despite the PCOS.
    At my wits end here. Debating whether or not to buy yet *another* test or wait it out.
    I quit smoking on Monday so my.body could be in shock? I've stepped up my healthy eating and exercise. With not smoking I've cut out caffeine and alcohol completely.

Are you using cheapies?

javagal wrote: »

Are you using cheapies?

No. Clearblue digital.
    Got 2 more today so will try one again tomorrow morning
    edit: i'm sleeping a lot, boobs are sore and i'm crying at the drop of a hat....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

No. Clearblue digital.

Good Luck xx

No. Clearblue digital.
    edit: i'm sleeping a lot, boobs are sore and i'm crying at the drop of a hat....
    They all sound like good signs anyway! Good luck!

I'm out anyway. Period arrived today like a bad penny! Im only CD25 and was sure i ovulated on day 13/14. What are the consequences of having a shorter than normal lutheal phase?

Hi ladies, new to this forum but will probably be dropping in now from time to time.

I came off the pill in august 2008, took two years to get any sort of a period and then started to get some kind of cycle going since June last year but there's no real pattern, could be three weeks, could be six. I hadn't allowed myself to get caught up in the whole TTC thing as I've had three babies and never any problems conceiving. Then in December I really thought it was it but wasn't to be and it was the first time I was really devastated, so I decided to get a little bit serious and I bought some ovulation sticks, so here goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Good luck Sarahbro!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

keeping my fingers crossed for you Sarahbro. Best of luck.

I'm on top of the monitoring front this month. I think I'll ovulate next Monday. I'll do a few of the cheapy tests over the weekend. I really need to tidy the bathroom, if anyone came in and saw all the clearblue monitors, sticks and the bags of cheapy ones I think they may just cop on what we are up to:D I'm also monitoring my temperature. Dreading the 2ww.

Anyway time for tea and a scone I think.

• Advertisement

No joy again, thanks ladies all the same x

No joy again, thanks ladies all the same x

Sorry to hear that sarahbro. Your body is obviously playing tricks with your mind :o

I cleaned our bathroom last night custard cream...was amazed at how much stuff I've been accumulating! Its all in one neat little toiletry bag now. Im hoping new bathroom =new head space =new baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

They all sound like good signs anyway! Good luck!

I'm out anyway. Period arrived today like a bad penny! Im only CD25 and was sure i ovulated on day 13/14. What are the consequences of having a shorter than normal lutheal phase?

Aw sorry to hear that yellow hen and sarahbro.

Well I tested on sunday and got a very very faint line. Did two more tests yest & one this morn. All positive. Can't believe it. (this is plee by the way, yellowhen. I've changed username as scared someone mit recognise me!). Have doc apt later on today and pretty nervous bout it. I guess I cant allow myself to believe it til I get confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Congrats Jeeney, that's great news.

Yellow Hen and Sarah Bro I'm in the same boat, Af arrived this morning, right on time at 25 days :-( I have to say I was a bit upset as this means I won't be pregnant again by the time my due date on last mis comes around in 2-3 weeks. Still I guess it's on we go, and time to make an appointment with Napro this week.
    I never thought I would still be here 3.5 years later.
    Time for the fire, cuddles and time with hubbie tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Congrats Jeeney, that's great news.

Yellow Hen and Sarah Bro I'm in the same boat, Af arrived this morning, right on time at 25 days :-( I have to say I was a bit upset as this means I won't be pregnant again by the time my due date on last mis comes around in 2-3 weeks. Still I guess it's on we go, and time to make an appointment with Napro this week.
    I never thought I would still be here 3.5 years later.
    Time for the fire, cuddles and time with hubbie tonight.

Hugs Barbiegirl, so sorry to hear that, best of luck with your Napro Appointment x

jeeney wrote: »
    Aw sorry to hear that yellow hen and sarahbro.

Well I tested on sunday and got a very very faint line. Did two more tests yest & one this morn. All positive. Can't believe it. (this is plee by the way, yellowhen. I've changed username as scared someone mit recognise me!). Have doc apt later on today and pretty nervous bout it. I guess I cant allow myself to believe it til I get confirmation.

Congrats Jeeney. Hope your docs appt went well and it's all confirmed now...enjoy it all!!!! :D:D:D
    ps...sorry I didnt understand your comment about plee?? Was that your username before? I also changed usernames for this forum. I was here before under another name but had a feeling I might be identifiable!

Barbie, I hope you're panned out on the couch now with your hubbie. It will happen...just think this is some extra special time you're getting with your husband before bubs arrives. It will happen for us, despite the many days when I feel it wont. We have nothing if we dont have hope!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hope83

AF arrived this evening for me too!!! Very emotional at the moment. Nearing a year now of trying. Going to order some ovulation stick things now-hopefully I can use them. Sorry to hear that most of us are in the same boat - was hoping to hear some good news this week :) Chin up everyone x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rubee

Hi all, Rubee here. This is my first post on this site. I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and it's really great...loadza encouragement and hope. I've been ttc for about 2 years now and still nothing. I'm hopefully doing my 1st IUI in HARI in the next week or so and I've started the Puregon injections last w/e. Keep ye posted.

Rubee wrote: »
    Hi all, Rubee here. This is my first post on this site. I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and it's really great...loadza encouragement and hope. I've been ttc for about 2 years now and still nothing. I'm hopefully doing my 1st IUI in HARI in the next week or so and I've started the Puregon injections last w/e. Keep ye posted.

Welcome Rubee. Best of luck with IUI. Look forward to reading more about it all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Congrats Jeeney. Hope your docs appt went well and it's all confirmed now...enjoy it all!!!! :D:D:D
    ps...sorry I didnt understand your comment about plee?? Was that your username before? I also changed usernames for this forum. I was here before under another name but had a feeling I might be identifiable!

Barbie, I hope you're panned out on the couch now with your hubbie. It will happen...just think this is some extra special time you're getting with your husband before bubs arrives. It will happen for us, despite the many days when I feel it wont. We have nothing if we dont have hope!:)

Thanks a mill yellowhen and barbiegirl. (Sorry i cant add thanks to ye're specific posts). Got all confirmed anyways yest which is great. Sorry i wasnt clear there about the plee bit - I had shortened the first name (prissy). Like you I'm afraid of being identifiable too, so have changed!

Girls it will happen for you both one day soon. I know that's easy for me to say now. But I was a year ttc #1 and thought we would never be successful. The opk's and charting has definitley helped me to identify my fertile window and keep track where I was in each cycle. I did find that with the opks - you literally had to test every day from say Day 14 onwards (afternoon time better I think) and I eventually would get a positive. Of course they dont work for everyone, and I'm just giving my experience of them in the hope that it helps someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement