Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi all,
    No, apparently I was deluded. My monthly buddy arrived on Saturday morning - 2 days late! I was getting very excited (despite the negative test!)
    I'm seeing my Napro doc tomorrow so I'll have a good chat with him then about movnig forward.
    Onwards and upwards....any good news out there??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Must have been the month for lateness! I was 4 days late...got my hopes up a bit, but not too much as I didn't feel pregnant. Have bought a clearblue fertility monitor cos I'm all over the place since the surgery. Here's hoping:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi Lucyfur. I got a clearblue fertility monitor and used it for the first time last month. I found it veryuseful. Just make sure to switch it on each morning before you use the bathroom. The month before last I kept forgetting to switch it on and I messed up the testing days. This month I was very good and I'm on the 2ww now. I'm due next Monday and it's kiling me not to test. I keep poking my boobs to see if they are sore:D Signs that AF is on the way shuld start appearing Thursday / Friday. Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Did you get peaks on the second month custard cream? I'm still on highs at the mo.

I did indeed. Three days of peak and then back down. I did the cheap ovulation tests aswell and they gave positives on the days the monitor said it was a peak day. So I think it worked well. It gave me some reassurance anyway.

Bit of a personal question for all of you. Given my husbands low sprem count do you think I should wait until the monitor says I'm at peak fertility? This month we went the day before and the day after peak fertility was indicated. I'm just not sure when we should actually time our liason's in the bedroom.

• Advertisement

Bit of a personal question for all of you. Given my husbands low sprem count do you think I should wait until the monitor says I'm at peak fertility? This month we went the day before and the day after peak fertility was indicated. I'm just not sure when we should actually time our liason's in the bedroom.

This is a toughie. My husband, whilst he doesnt have low sperm count that we know off yet, finds that it all becomes a bit of chore after a while and cant bring himself to get into the zone so we now try to do every 2-3 days when it's a high time and then two days straight when i tihnk I'm ovulating. I like you have the monitor now so we're doing every second day until (if) we see a peak.

Did you doc ever give you any indication? Every 3 days until peak might be enough?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

When we were doing the Timed Intercourse with Clomid, we were told not to go at it like rabbits - just once before ovulation and once afterwards. That was our lucky cycle. I dont know if that has any bearing on a low sperm count but I would suggest he hold off from either sex or "self help" for a few days prior to your ovulation, but not more than that. We were recommended this too.

thanks ladies I feel a bit better after that. So I reckon we were right for the day before ovulation and the day after. Just wanted to make sure. I don't think I'm pregnant to be honest. I dn't feel any different at all and AF is due Monday. I really feel like I'm living in two week stints at the moment.

I'm going to give acupuncture a go. Has anyone heard of Dr. Katherine Chan Mullen? I've had two recommendations so far but hear it is difficult to get an appointment. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm going to give acupuncture a go. Has anyone heard of Dr. Katherine Chan Mullen? I've had two recommendations so far but hear it is difficult to get an appointment. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I found acupuncture good - helped me to relax alot and also got my circulation going. I also believe that your body needs to be warm to become pregnant and I used to suffer badly with the cold - the acupuncturist recommended ginger tea - I was drinking about 6 cups a day! Just the twinnings one! It really helped me to warm up and so I think fall pregnant.
    After a yr and half of tryin on my successful cycle I did the following:
    Sex every second day and then every day for 4 days around ovulation
    Used pre seed lubricant
    Ginger tea
    Took quarter of a disprin 300mg tablet every day from day 10 right thru til 5 weeks pregnant - I.e day 35 - I really think that this made my womb lining a little softer and do helped implantation to take place. It's a v.low dose only used to thin blood usually in stroke prevention. The only disprin strength available without prescription in Ireland is the 300mg which is the dose for pain and fever but is too high for blood thinning so 1/4 (75mg) is enough.

Lying with your hips elevated after sex for at least an hr.

I think sonething like yoga would also help to increase circulation but also help with the stress of the whole process!

• Advertisement

Hi DL the dispirin thing is interesting. Do you dissolve or just swallow a quarter whole?

In a side note, I tried the cough syrup this month and there was no change in cm. My husband also took Macca and there was no change in libido :(

Oh god I'd be lying with my hips in the air half the day :o

I'm really going to have to make a list of all these things I should be doing. Though I am already becoming obsessed :(

Another friend announced her good news today, she's been trying for two years, one session of acupuncture and boom!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi DL the dispirin thing is interesting. Do you dissolve or just swallow a quarter whole?

In a side note, I tried the cough syrup this month and there was no change in cm. My husband also took Macca and there was no change in libido :(

I swallowed it whole but washed it down with a glass of water! It's the only thing I did differently on my successful month- id been doing the rest up until then. Did ya take a cough med with guafenisen in it? Ya can take it three times a day I think. But to be honest I didn't like the taste of it so just used the preseed instead - mind you I only used 1/4 of the Amt they recommend on the box as otherwise way too messy !! Sorry t.m.i!!!
    It's important to find sonething se to be focusing on also tho - like yoga or walking or something - just to get ur mind off it... However I can't preach about that as I was constantly stressing... And obsessing!!

Acupuncture appointment booked for next week and gynae apt booked for 8th March but she has me on a cancellation list. Husband is going to be away a lot for the next while which is a pain in the bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Light brown discharge cd24. Fingers crossed just maybe hopefully it might be implantation bleeding. No cramps, no sore boobs, no nothing just some brown specks that are now gone. Not going to test for at least 48 hours. Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Fingers crossed grawns :)

dublinlady wrote: »
    I swallowed it whole but washed it down with a glass of water! It's the only thing I did differently on my successful month- id been doing the rest up until then. Did ya take a cough med with guafenisen in it? QUOTE]

I took Robitussin which i remember someone recommending here before. As it happens in the last two days (today is peak day) I've had plently of CM so all's good. Am taking the 1/4 disprin now though...my husband does actually think I'm mental (along with everyone here as this is where I get all my ideas :p)

Good luck Grawns.:)

I swallowed it whole but washed it down with a glass of water! It's the only thing I did differently on my successful month- id been doing the rest up until then. Did ya take a cough med with guafenisen in it? QUOTE]

I took Robitussin which i remember someone recommending here before. As it happens in the last two days (today is peak day) I've had plently of CM so all's good. Am taking the 1/4 disprin now though...my husband does actually think I'm mental (along with everyone here as this is where I get all my ideas :p)

Good luck Grawns.:)

Just be sure it's the robitusin chesty as that's the only one with guafenisen in it! No pint in wasting effort and money! Best of luck!
    Best of luck grawns!

Just be sure it's the robitusin chesty as that's the only one with guafenisen in it! No pint in wasting effort and money! Best of luck!
    Best of luck grawns!

darn...consider the money wasted.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oh big good luck vibes Grawns!!!

Got a letter from my gyaeno yesterday telling me when I got my bloods done on 19th Jan it showed that I had ovulated a week previous!! Which means ovulation for me is about CD17.

Am delighted girls...... together with my clear scan anyone diagnosed with pcos please don't see it as the awful news it can be, I am living proof. I know I am not pregnant yet but all tests have proved things are working properly a position I did not think I would find myself in 7 years ago when first diagnosed :)

Best of luck to all the 2WW's!! Am on CD13 myself so am going to give it all I have this month armed with my good news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Ladies,
    FYI, the Late Late Show will feature an item tonight on Fertility and IVF. There apparently will be a few couples on speaking about their experience and a few doctors too.
    It might be of interest to some of you on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi ladies, anyone got any udates? I joined a charting site and it turns out we DTD on the day of ovulation so I am now on the 2 week wait I think?! First month so not expecting much, its amazing what starts going through your head though, start thinking of any possible symptoms I may have etc!!

Morning girls. I did a test and it was negative. No sign of AF yet, not one symptom but I'm sure it will happen at some stage today. Next month I'm going to try and not test at all. Two friends told us over the weekend that they are expecting in early August. None of them know that we are trying so typically I was asked by a few people when we were going to hurry up and have a baby. Those questions dont t bother me any more, I used to get a bit upset but I realise now that it's just something people say.

Best of luck to the rest of you this month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Those questions dont t bother me any more, I used to get a bit upset but I realise now that it's just something people say.

Best of luck to the rest of you this month :)

Well done you! Awfully hard when others are announcing their good news, I used to physically clench up when this happened.:(
    Not an easy situation but you do get better at it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hard luck custard cream, wasted 3 tests myself and af arrived just now cd 27. Next month I am not going to test too, I never believe the negative result until af arrives and it's totally headwrecking.
    Good luck to all.

Sorry Grawns and Custard Cream. Chin up and on to another month.

I'm CD20 now and got a peak reading on monitor last two days. We DTD on day18 and again today. Coudnt yesterday as husband was in the UK for soccer. Am also taking 1/4 disprin and vitamin b complex to try lengthen my LP.

Anyone else on the 2ww now? I hate this time...two weeks off driving myself nuts imagining all the symptoms!:(

Graws I feel your pain. I'm on CD 28 and did another test this morning. I don't know why, I suppose I'm still holding out a bit of hope until AF arrives. Next month I'm going to put the tests somewhere I can't get at this too easily maybe the glove compartment of the car. Then I can't test!

Graws I feel your pain. I'm on CD 28 and did another test this morning. I don't know why, I suppose I'm still holding out a bit of hope until AF arrives. Next month I'm going to put the tests somewhere I can't get at this too easily maybe the glove compartment of the car. Then I can't test!
    I don't have pregnancy tests at the mo so that will stop me testing like a lunatic this month!

Have my first acupuncture apt tomorrow. I'm actually nervous :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Interesting programme on rte 2 now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement