Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Thangel

Think it's time to join you all. We've been trying for about 5 months and I have irregular periods. I'm waiting on the results on blood tests and we'll see where we take it from there. There are other issues too so the doctor was happy to get us started after only 5 months trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Month on from starting trying , negative test yest. Still no period. A is almost 6 months. Husband delighted cos have no idea if or when may ovulate... Have to do it regularly all the time...! Hope I'm not a yr waiting for a period - in too lazy to have sex all the time... Just around a known ovulation time would be enough....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

caroline, what a lovely post, I really hope your journey is coming to a positive end soon, I have been feeling very down the last few weeks, but your post has inspired me to keep going - thank you xx

Meggysmum, I am so delighted for you x Big huge congrats pet.

So tell us everything. did you do anything different this month? How have you been feeling? xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

quagmired wrote: »
    this is the scariest stuff Ive ever seen. There's 7 billion + people in the world and we're rapidly destroying it, wiping out species at a rate unseen before. As a species we're 'living beyond our means' the planet can't sustain this population, well at least at nowhere near the standard of living that we enjoy.
    Isn't there an argument for just leaving it to nature to decide??

Quagmired we come on here to get support and help from those who are on a similar journey to ourselves. Not to get into a philosophical arguement on over population. The pain and heartbreak involved for those of us with fertility problems, which is a medical condition, is hard for those who are not experiencing it to understand. Another forum might be better suited to your query.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Hi gals, got my bfp today. Cautiously optimistic (some of you know my history), just have to keep telling myself that 'I am pregnant today'.

We did IVF in May but I had a bad reaction to the meds and we were forced to cancel after egg retrieval. We got 14 eggs leading to 6 embryos in the end. We had to freeze all due to my bad reaction. Had to take a month off to rest my ovaries and we picked it up again in July. Three frosties were thawed but two more arrested during the incubation period (which again is normal as the poor tots just can't cope in a lab environment). Last Monday (23rd) we transferred the surviving beautiful 5 day old blastocyst (s/he's a fighter!), the best of the lot. We now have 3 frosties left.

IVF is not for the faint hearted and I've had a bad couple of weeks since the start of this FET cycle (frozen embryo transfer) due to the second set of meds I have to take to help implantation and sustain the pregnancy. They totally f*ck with your head, in fact that a major understatement. It came to a head on Monday last (major emotional breakdown) and I was frog-marched by my mam to the GP:o. I've been put on a small dose of Xanax temporarily and signed off work for the week (doc wanted to sign me off for two but I said absolutely not). GP confirmed that I am having a rare reaction to the meds and advised that Xanax is totally safe in early pregnancy. By the way, not everyone has the severe reaction that I did, from day one I have never coped well on fertility meds, you'll remember my regular meltdowns on the evil Clomid!

Already I'm having scary thoughts of miscarrying, and yes it may happen, but again I have to say 'I am pregnant today':D.

I know many of you are still on the long ttc road, and I'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's ass by saying 'it'll happen for you all soon' because I just don't know that and I hate reading those posts myself (sorry if that sounds bitchy but the long time ttc-ers will know what I mean, and those of you who know me well know I'm not being a bitch, it's just a different perspective :) )

All I can say is try hang in there, I know it's tough, but you are so much stronger than you think. xx ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Congratulations Foxtrot - sending all my best wishes that everything works out! Very exciting!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi gals, got my bfp today. Cautiously optimistic (some of you know my history), just have to keep telling myself that 'I am pregnant today'.

We did IVF in May but I had a bad reaction to the meds and we were forced to cancel after egg retrieval. We got 14 eggs leading to 6 embryos in the end. We had to freeze all due to my bad reaction. Had to take a month off to rest my ovaries and we picked it up again in July. Three frosties were thawed but two more arrested during the incubation period (which again is normal as the poor tots just can't cope in a lab environment). Last Monday (23rd) we transferred the surviving beautiful 5 day old blastocyst (s/he's a fighter!), the best of the lot. We now have 3 frosties left.

IVF is not for the faint hearted and I've had a bad couple of weeks since the start of this FET cycle (frozen embryo transfer) due to the second set of meds I have to take to help implantation and sustain the pregnancy. They totally f*ck with your head, in fact that a major understatement. It came to a head on Monday last (major emotional breakdown) and I was frog-marched by my mam to the GP:o. I've been put on a small dose of Xanax temporarily and signed off work for the week (doc wanted to sign me off for two but I said absolutely not). GP confirmed that I am having a rare reaction to the meds and advised that Xanax is totally safe in early pregnancy. By the way, not everyone has the severe reaction that I did, from day one I have never coped well on fertility meds, you'll remember my regular meltdowns on the evil Clomid!

Already I'm having scary thoughts of miscarrying, and yes it may happen, but again I have to say 'I am pregnant today':D.

I know many of you are still on the long ttc road, and I'm not going to blow smoke up anyone's ass by saying 'it'll happen for you all soon' because I just don't know that and I hate reading those posts myself (sorry if that sounds bitchy but the long time ttc-ers will know what I mean, and those of you who know me well know I'm not being a bitch, it's just a different perspective :) )

All I can say is try hang in there, I know it's tough, but you are so much stronger than you think. xx ;)

tumblr_m72797cNYG1rq7p77.gif

I am soooooooo happy for you my darlin!!! I've wanted to FB you but I knew there is nothing worse than the "any news" question!

That IVF sounds really rough, so sorry you had to go through it, but so glad you got a successful result after all that horribleness.

Happy Hugs !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

DFT That is just brilliant news. Couldn't be happier for you, so not fingers and toes are crossed that it'll all work out for you. Big happy hugs

Aw DFT - Congrats - I am delighted for you pet x

There has been so many BFP's here in the last few days - maybe we are on a stream of positives - let the good times roll!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi guys

DFT that is fantastic, hope all goes smoothly for you

Took a few months off myself, haven't even been checking the thread as I was on a complete ttc detox so It's been a long time since I've posted. Lovely to see so many bfps yellowhen, meggysmom congrats!

Decided we'd get back on the band wagon next month except got a bit of a funny feeling yesterday and tested, there was my bfp albeit a faint line, tested again this morning and another stronger line, will follow up with a digital one later. Cannot believe it and am sure it wont be sinking in for a while. Early days but determined to enjoy it for now.

Take that PCOS and underactive thyroid!

Hope everyone is well

Aw thanks so much ladies for the support, Neyite loving that gif :) !

I have been off thread myself for a while there too (well have been lurking and not posting). I know what you mean Digs, sometimes you need to step back from this little community to keep your sanity, even though it is an awesome board and I've made many long time friends here, it can just get too hard sometimes.
    By the way Digs, huge congrats to you!! god there really is lots of good news, and congrats to yellow hen and meggysmom!!

I won't be joining any preggo boards, not until I get past 12 weeks at least! Just couldn't cope with that. :)

Mantra: today I am pregnant

Now, put me in a coma for 3 months! :)

Truly delighted for u from the bottom of my heart, x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ah huge congrats ladies, can't tell you how happy it makes me to read the success stories!
    Have everything crossed for you all, best wishes xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't come on here very much at the mo but a lovely little birdie (Neyite) text me this morning to tell me you got your BFP. DFT, I'm so frickin happy for you and your hubby. Am bawling here after reading your post and I've to go back to work blubbering and grinning like a village idiot:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

\:D/

Lucyfur wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't come on here very much at the mo but a lovely little birdie (Neyite) text me this morning to tell me you got your BFP. DFT, I'm so frickin happy for you and your hubby. Am bawling here after reading your post and I've to go back to work blubbering and grinning like a village idiot:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

\:D/
    Jaysus woman pull yourself together, lol, you'll start me off and I'll have to pop some Xanax!!
    Thanks so much for the well wishes, means a lot, here's hoping s/he is a sticky bean!
    Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Wonderful news DT. Totally trilled for you and your hubby. WOOHOO!!!

Jeez with all the excitement ( nearly wee'd myself) of dft's positive I missed urs digs!!
    Huge congrats to u too!!!

P.s dft every time I see ur posts I read s/he as she therefore I've decided it's a girl :):)

Really so happy for you - the advice and wealth of knowledge and support u have shared over last few yrs has been nothing less than remarkable!! This is ur time.... Enjoy it! Stay positive - as you say - you are pregnant today! You have a baby!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Thanks so much girls... confirmed it with a digital test this evening :)

DFT bunker down, I'll see you in 3months after hibernation :p

Digs wrote: »
    confirmed it with a digital test this evening :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations DFT and Digs, am truly delighted for you both.

DFT in particular, IVF sounds so like it was so difficult. I am so pleased that there was something rewarding at the end of it all. Here's a calm and restful 40ish weeks ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

stickybean wrote: »
    Meggysmum, I am so delighted for you x Big huge congrats pet.

So tell us everything. did you do anything different this month? How have you been feeling? xxx

thanks stickybean,I am feeling good,boobs are huge and tender with stabbing pains in them now and again and I am starting to get tired in the afternoon,other than that i'm fine,i have my 1st doc appt on tuesday.I got my bfp 3 days before my af was due.I just had a feeling because instead of the usual decline in temps and my boob pain starts to disappear,my temp was going up in the morning and boobs were getting more sore.We are thrilled but keeping it under our hats until the scan at 8 weeks.Honestly we did nothing different this month.I went off all herbal supplements 2 months back and even gave up on the multi vitamin and folic acid a bit.I just needed some time away from it all.We dtd way less this month also than other months but twice around ovulation and thats that really.My fingers are crossed for you:)I've been away a few days and could not believe when I logged on how many bfp's there are,congrats to everyone,wonderful news:)

Hope everyone doing well,

Still no period for me... Hope it doesn't take months....
    Just tryin every few days just in case!
    Having cramping pain on and off for last month ( and no def not preg!) and keep thinking AF around the corner but nope!
    Have decided to just test once a month at end of month otherwise I'll drive myself mad and spend a fortune!!

hey dubinlady. know how you are feeling, 20 days late and about 10 tests done - all BFN - wish AF would hurry up and come so I can start again.

All weekend I though it was coming, but nothing :mad:

hey dubinlady. know how you are feeling, 20 days late and about 10 tests done - all BFN - wish AF would hurry up and come so I can start again.

All weekend I though it was coming, but nothing :mad:

That's so frustrating stickybean :( Its so hard not to test. U do just get to the point where u know it's no happening and want to start a new cycle. Is your AF often that late?

I had one long cycle since I started tracking them (over about 11 months) but that only lasted 43 days and was over Christmas, so it kind of was okay. The last 5 have been between 29 / 30 days.

I am about 52 days now, cracking up.

Is there anything you can do or take to bring on your period?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I had one long cycle since I started tracking them (over about 11 months) but that only lasted 43 days and was over Christmas, so it kind of was okay. The last 5 have been between 29 / 30 days.

I am about 52 days now, cracking up.

Is there anything you can do or take to bring on your period?

Agnus Castus...parsley tea...or a ridiculous amount of sex. Parsley tea is said to help with the uterus contracting, but so does sex and believe me, sex tastes a whole lot nicer:pac:

Parsley tea sounds so so rank!!!!! Think out of those options sex just about wins ;)
    Hate when ur really tired and just not bothered tho... Then I'd prob drink the tea.....!!! Lol

Looks like a steamy night ahead then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lemon Squeezy

Well, it was our first month trying, and my period arrived bang on time! :o

We weren't having more sex than usual, but we still did it on average every second day throughout the month.

I read somewhere that, even if there are no medical issues on either the mother or the father's side, and even if you do everything absolutely right, you still only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant in any given month. Would you think that this is about right, or totally made up?

I'm just a little surprised - I suppose I'm used to the fear that's been drilled into me for years, that if you have unprotected sex, you WILL get pregnant immediately. :rolleyes: But I'm not too disappointed. We're in no rush, I won't be seeking medical advice anytime soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement