Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Sorry to hear your news Roesy. You can commence ttc immediately, don't worry about the pregnancy dating thing. Technology is now advanced enough to date your pregnancy without a fully accurate LMP date

Paubs, that's very disappointing about your eggies. Here's hoping the next cycle is more promising. You may have PCOS, has your doc mentioned this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just joining in ladies - have read a good bit back, some of you are so strong, it really is remarkable to read some of your stories and see the strength you all have to carry on.

Got married two weeks ago and have decided to try for a baby straight away so came off my pill a few days before the wedding. I know I'm only at the very beginning of the road but hope you all don't mind me joining in. We're just playing it by ear for now to see what happens - I was on cerazette so didn't have any periods at all, not sure how long they'll take to come back. My main focus for now is getting healthier so once home from honeymoon that's the priority...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm living vicariously through my friends IVF BFP which was confirmed today, I'm so happy for her I could cry :-P
    It's a long road until next May but for now she's pregnant after 6 years of trying, countless operations, hormone treatments & disappointments.
    Thought I'd share for those of you who are considering this option x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'm living vicariously through my friends IVF BFP which was confirmed today, I'm so happy for her I could cry :-P
    It's a long road until next May but for now she's pregnant after 6 years of trying, countless operations, hormone treatments & disappointments.
    Thought I'd share for those of you who are considering this option x

It's so nice to hear these stories :) The joy must be unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

hi there
    been reading this thread for months now,decided ta finally join in,we just got our appointment for the rotunda for February,we have unexplained secondary infertility.Reading the story's here has helped me deal with our situation greatly.we've been ttc for 4 years now!we've decided ta relax a bit for now,it was starting to drive us insane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm on day 72 now, no sign of AF. Went to the doctor a week ago and all he did was a urine test - which, of course, came out negative :( He's making me wait another week for a blood test.
    I'm wrecked tired all the time, having heart burn that feels like I'm having a heart attack and I'm putting on weight like crazy even though I'm having to force myself to eat most days.
    I'm just terrified I'm going to learn that something is wrong with me :(

I'm on day 72 now, no sign of AF. Went to the doctor a week ago and all he did was a urine test - which, of course, came out negative :( He's making me wait another week for a blood test.
    I'm wrecked tired all the time, having heart burn that feels like I'm having a heart attack and I'm putting on weight like crazy even though I'm having to force myself to eat most days.

Firstly try to relax, the stress absolutely won't do you any good. Has he checked your thyroid? It's almost definitely something fixable so just keep at the doc to arrive AF an answer. I went about 60 days at my worst and it turned out I had two cysts and some endo. Take care, relax and try not to fret. X

yellow hen wrote: »
    Firstly try to relax, the stress absolutely won't do you any good. Has he checked your thyroid? It's almost definitely something fixable so just keep at the doc to arrive AF an answer. I went about 60 days at my worst and it turned out I had two cysts and some endo. Take care, relax and try not to fret. X

Ah, easier said than done. He hasn't really checked anything at all - I'll be getting a blood test in a week so I guess he'll test then? I'll ask him when I book in for it.
    I've never in my life gone this long without a period.

Ah, easier said than done. He hasn't really checked anything at all - I'll be getting a blood test in a week so I guess he'll test then? I'll ask him when I book in for it.
    I've never in my life gone this long without a period.

Yeah he probably will. The weight gain abd tiredness makes me think thyroid. I used to get totally stressed by my cycles. The pill probably disguised the problems for years. Alot of girls on here will have had similar problems and there usually was a correctable reason.

Yeah he probably will. The weight gain abd tiredness makes me think thyroid. I used to get totally stressed by my cycles. The pill probably disguised the problems for years. Alot of girls on here will have had similar problems and there usually was a correctable reason.

Ah, that's cool - obviously, I hope it's not but at least it'd be some kind of answer.
    This not knowing craic is awful- also my pregnant friends seem to have started a "my bump is bigger than yours" photo competiton on facebook which just makes me want to cry... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Whatdoicare I went 3 months without a period from Nov 2010 - Mar 2011, had blood tests etc. done but nothing was ever found to be wrong & my period eventually arrived.
    I went on to conceive my son in July 2011. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much, my doctor said this can happen from time to time for no apparent reason.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Whatdoicare I went 3 months without a period from Nov 2010 - Mar 2011, had blood tests etc. done but nothing was ever found to be wrong & my period eventually arrived.
    I went on to conceive my son in July 2011. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much, my doctor said this can happen from time to time for no apparent reason.

Thanks Ms2011 - it's reassuring to read a story like yours. :) Fingers crossed it'll come right for me in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

First welcome to all the newbies.

Today I had my appointment wit Dr Allazam and it went really well. He believes he can fix my tubes!! Well first he doesn't believe the right one is blocked and the left one is only blocked at the bottom so he proposes fixing that whilst he's in there. I could show him very clear photos taken during the last op. His biggest concern isn't endo but rather scarring from my D&C's.

So operation booked in the Galway clinic for end of Nov, then recovery and fingers crossed a new years baby :D Well if Napro treatments haven't worked before then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Myself and hubby are ttc at the moment so I've been reading the forum with a lot of interest. We've just started this month and I can see why people say the 2 week wait is frustrating, I didn't even know how my cycle worked until I looked into it! From my cycles I worked out I ovulated on Saturday so we did the business a couple of times as required!.

Yesterday and today, I've been feeling rotten - really nauseous, headachey and today crampy. I know it can't be pregnancy symptoms so soon because if I was pregnant it wouldn't have implanted and it would be very lucky to get pregnant straight away but I definitely don't feel great so now I think I'm going mad. It's probably a bug or something, we're expecting it to take a while for me to get pregnant but the timing makes me think I'm imagining feeling ill! I don't even know how soon most people notice symptoms - is it 2 weeks after ovulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Big welcome to all the new TTC'ers and very happy to hear your news Barbie girl - hopefully this is the start of something great for you x

Just need to ask you girlies a quick question, are any of you getting sick of on-demand s€x? God, even writing it sounds terrible, but my head is melted. We have a great s€x life, except for the 10 days around O time.

No matter how much we say "ah we won't put any pressure on this month" or "if it happens it happens" I still feel in the 10 days around O I am aware (even if we are not testing with the OPK's) that we should doing it every second day. Now normally this wouldn't be an issue, but last night I tried to start things up and my husband said he was really tired, truth be told I was too. But I was fuming, afraid we will miss the window.

We are a year trying this week and I am feeling very emotional - I though by now we would be with baby or bump. Everyone around me is pregnant, I am tired of having s€x, I feel angry at my husband right now and think he is fed up too :(

Hi Stickybean. Thanks for the good wishes :D

We all feel this way and I've found, over the last 4 years (yep it has been that long), that the only way to combat it is to take a proper break. I mean actively NOT have sex around O time for a month or two. I know it sounds counter productive when you are trying, but the most important thing in all of this is your relationship and that has to be protected. Therefore if it means taking a month or two out then do it. It really will help.

God if we hadn't done that 2 or 3 times at this stage I think we'd be divorced :eek:

Murdy Wurdy symptoms start at different times for different people. The 2 week wait can be hell, but all you can do is try to put it from your mind. Some people here test early, I chose not to and wait til at least a day past due. You are at the begining of this journey so some advise, try not to let it consume you. Enjoy your life and your husband, drink normally, live normally, because if you are quickly successful life will change, and if you are a long timer here you have to to try to stay sane. :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

stickybean wrote: »
    Big welcome to all the new TTC'ers and very happy to hear your news Barbie girl - hopefully this is the start of something great for you x

Just need to ask you girlies a quick question, are any of you getting sick of on-demand s€x? God, even writing it sounds terrible, but my head is melted. We have a great s€x life, except for the 10 days around O time.

No matter how much we say "ah we won't put any pressure on this month" or "if it happens it happens" I still feel in the 10 days around O I am aware (even if we are not testing with the OPK's) that we should doing it every second day. Now normally this wouldn't be an issue, but last night I tried to start things up and my husband said he was really tired, truth be told I was too. But I was fuming, afraid we will miss the window.

We are a year trying this week and I am feeling very emotional - I though by now we would be with baby or bump. Everyone around me is pregnant, I am tired of having s€x, I feel angry at my husband right now and think he is fed up too :(

Its very normal to get sick and tired of it. Happened to us. Sending you a PM. ;)

Hi sticky, as neyite said it happens to us all. I think it's harder for the female as we're the ones in tune with our bodies and know when the important dates are. Funny, when we finally conceived, it was when we just went on hols and forgot about it. We put so much pressure on ourselves sometimes. Chin up. X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

barbiegirl wrote: »

We all feel this way and I've found, over the last 4 years (yep it has been that long), that the only way to combat it is to take a proper break. I mean actively NOT have sex around O time for a month or two. I know it sounds counter productive when you are trying, but the most important thing in all of this is your relationship and that has to be protected. Therefore if it means taking a month or two out then do it. It really will help.

God if we hadn't done that 2 or 3 times at this stage I think we'd be divorced :eek:

Murdy Wurdy symptoms start at different times for different people. The 2 week wait can be hell, but all you can do is try to put it from your mind. Some people here test early, I chose not to and wait til at least a day past due. You are at the begining of this journey so some advise, try not to let it consume you. Enjoy your life and your husband, drink normally, live normally, because if you are quickly successful life will change, and if you are a long timer here you have to to try to stay sane. :rolleyes:

Most definately do all these things or you will find it taking over every aspect of your life!!

Hey guys on day 80 with no sign of a period now - finally got my bloods done today, doc thinks I'm either pregnant or have PCOS or both - either way I'll find out soon :)
    Some answers would be very welcome at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

barbiegirl wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! I'll test in a week and see what's up, I'm still very nauseous and I know my mum and aunt both felt ill days after conceiving so it's not beyonds the realms of possibility but I'm still being realistic. I feel like when I do the lotto. I rarely do it so when I do I'm convinced I'll win. That's what this feel likes!

Well, after 83 days aunt flo showed up - I know it was unlikely I'd get good news and I know I shouldn't be and that's its silly but I just feel like crying for a week. :(
    My darling hubby stole my laptop and hid every pregnant friend on Facebooks post and photo from me today, sweetheart.
    Looks like I'll be starting the chlomid soon.

Well, after 83 days aunt flo showed up - I know it was unlikely I'd get good news and I know I shouldn't be and that's its silly but I just feel like crying for a week. :(
    My darling hubby stole my laptop and hid every pregnant friend on Facebooks post and photo from me today, sweetheart.

Ah you poor thing - it's so horrible when our bodies play tricks on us like that. Take your time to be upset and then think of it as a new beginnig - once she finishes her visit its a new cycle with all sorts of possibilities again

Ah you poor thing - it's so horrible when our bodies play tricks on us like that. Take your time to be upset and then think of it as a new beginnig - once she finishes her visit its a new cycle with all sorts of possibilities again
    Thanks Angel delight, I don't know what I'd do if not for kind words from understanding posters like yourself here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I was on here a few years ago for a wee bit of help and guidance. I too ended up on clomid. It worked for us thankfully, so please don't give up hope. x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LIZIE9

HAVE PCOS AND TRIED 13 MTHS OF CLOMID IT MADE ME OVULATE BUT NOT PREGNANCY. HAVE BEEN TTC 9 YRS SEEMS LIKE THERE IS NO HOPE. DH 39 ME 31

HAVE APPOINTMENT WITH NAPRO GALWAY ON 02.11 WAS REALLY JUST HOPE SOMEONE MAY HAVE GONE TROUGH THE SAME AS ME AND COULD LET ME KNOW HOW THEY GOT ONE AND WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE AT NAPRO

Hi Lizzie there is a thread here on Napro which has loads of info. I'm a Napro Dublin patient and after 4 years and 3 misses, 6 months with them and i have answers and a plan. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

Hey Ladies,

havent been on here in forever, just wanted to let ye know after 8+ years of ttc. we finally got a bfp2 weeks before we were due to start down the IUI road,we really never thought it could happen without treatment as we had been trying for so long and tests came back as unexplained infertility.
    We are 15 weeks along now!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for whenI was on here for the support.

Hope everyone's stay is a short one or shorter than our journey was .

(going to be changing my name on boards, so signing off as longinforababy )
    take care!

Huge congrats deelighted for you :D

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, just wondering - I know sore boobs is an early pregnancy sign. What do they mean by sore? I have really tender nipples (haha sorry tmi) but the rest of my boobs are fine?! I don't know if I'm just imagining things? Even lying on my front in bed last night was sore. Dunno what to think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement