Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

carlyam2 wrote: »
    ah stickybean out time will come i used hate when people said that to me but i have since realised with the help of my hubby (who last night came home with a pile of info on adoption if we need it which to me was super sweet cause it shows he was actually listening and has gone off researching on his own.) that we will get there our journeys are just the scenic route which will make us better people in the long run or at least thats what im believing today.
    as for looking at the scan pics i hated that before but one of the girls in the office is expecting her first and i really was grand looking at them im all excited for her and ill get there soon.
    as for husbands/partners coming to the doc mine usually does but the last few times he has been working and couldnt get time off but were startin the new yr as we mean to go on and get this sorted but at the same time have lots of fun practising :D

Ah thanks carlyam2, just having a moan ;)

That was very nice of your OH - lively to know he is supporting you and so tuned in.

I was told my husband has to come to the appointment as we are both trying to conceive. Our GP said 40% of issues are with the woman, 40% of issues are with the man, 10% are both and 10% unknown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

stickybean wrote: »
    Sorry I sound like a really moan in that last post, was just having a mini rant :o one of those days

Sheesh, you should be hear me if you think that was a moan! Hehe. It is hard going stickybean, and seems like an eternity. Making an appointment and getting started into that though is all progress, and gets you closer. You are so determined, you'll get there I'm sure.

hey girls how is everyone getting on? Where are ye all right now? Due AF on the 25th - hate the two week wait!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm pretty sure I was ovulating over the weekend, so at longest 14 days from today will be the date my period is due. (I'm irregular, 30-34 days).

It's so much easier to know when I'm likely ovulating this time, my body was still in flux from the pill with our first.

How's everyone keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I'm on day 6 so just took the last dose of clomid for this month. Fingers crossed the rest of the month works out well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Pissed off :mad: Don't think I ovulated this month as I had none of the usual cm so I wasn't expecting my period to start when it did yesterday. I know I haven't been trying long by most peoples standards but since the miscarriage I can't help thinking I should be in the last 3 months now or getting nervous listening to my friends birth story(practically gave birth outside the hospital last week:eek:)

Just spilled scalding hot green tea on my top too. Boob burn...not fun!

Aw Roesy sending you bug hugs xxx

You will never forget, and there will always be days you remember, but it does get easier xxx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm on CD29. Last month I got to CD32 before Shark Week began. I used to have short cycles before my pregnancy so maybe my periods are taking time to settle back.

So, not testing until then. *nerves of steel*

:pac:

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm on CD29. Last month I got to CD32 before Shark Week began. I used to have short cycles before my pregnancy so maybe my periods are taking time to settle back.

So, not testing until then. *nerves of steel*

:pac:

Ah i know how you feel, I can't wait to pee on a stick - haha, it becomes addictive

• Advertisement

I've just realised that I have no sticks on which to pee.

I should sort that out.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've just realised that I have no sticks on which to pee.

I should sort that out.

Thanks for the reminder ;) I have nowt to pee on either!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

ah ill raise ya ur boob burn wit a fractured elbow i fell over on friday and landed on my arm the fun so were out of even practising for a little while :(
    hope everyone else is doin ok.

ah ill raise ya ur boob burn wit a fractured elbow i fell over on friday and landed on my arm the fun so were out of even practising for a little while :(

carlyam2 if you are doing it with your elbow your doing it wrong :D ah just kidding I couldn't resist.

I hope you feel better soon xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh jeez. I did that exact same thing before xmas. Much sympathy! Fractured elbow is no joke. It should get much less painful in a couple of weeks. Mine is nearly sorted now, I can brush my own hair, wahoo. :)

I hope I am finally getting the hormones back on track. A pesky zit has appeared. Sure sign of hormones rumbling somewhere. Possibly possibly first cycle back soon. Fingers crossed. Last scan showed a pair of healthy ovaries for a change... so I'll be cracking open the folic acid again if I can get a cycle started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lemon Squeezy

A couple of little annoyances, every month when I'm due my period.

When I wake up in the morning still half asleep, and stumble out to the loo to pee, only remembering when I'm finished that I'd meant to do a test. Seems like a waste of FMU. :o

When I'm doing a test, but am bursting to pee, and it seems to take to tear my way through all the plastic and cardboard to get to the test. Even worse, when I'm bursting and have finally gotten through all the packaging and am sitting on the loo, ready to go - only to realise that my 'pee cuppy' is out in the kitchen!

I'm three days overdue right now, did a test this morning but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Have put it all out of my mind since before christmas,haven't been testing this month at all.Headed for the Hari next month so we'll concentrate from there on!

A couple of little annoyances, every month when I'm due my period.

When I wake up in the morning still half asleep, and stumble out to the loo to pee, only remembering when I'm finished that I'd meant to do a test. Seems like a waste of FMU. :o

When I'm doing a test, but am bursting to pee, and it seems to take to tear my way through all the plastic and cardboard to get to the test. Even worse, when I'm bursting and have finally gotten through all the packaging and am sitting on the loo, ready to go - only to realise that my 'pee cuppy' is out in the kitchen!

I'm three days overdue right now, did a test this morning but no joy.

I've done so much peeing, I now have a system

I put the pee cup (which is actually a lid of an old shampoo lid) on the toilet, then I remember to use my first morning pee.

I pee in the little lid and place it in the sink. Then when I am finished I open the test and do it.

I always keep the urine until I get the result, just in case the taste is invalid, I haven't wasted the pee!!!

Haha - I am a big sado!!!

Aw Roesy sending you bug hugs xxx

You will never forget, and there will always be days you remember, but it does get easier xxx

Thanks. Felt way better the next day. Think hormones definitely took over that night!

Ow! Not fun. Fractured my elbow years ago and the annoying thing was I did it two days after getting the bandages off a massive burn on the other hand.
    I've done so much peeing, I now have a system

I put the pee cup (which is actually a lid of an old shampoo lid) on the toilet, then I remember to use my first morning pee.

I pee in the little lid and place it in the sink. Then when I am finished I open the test and do it.

I always keep the urine until I get the result, just in case the taste is invalid, I haven't wasted the pee!!!

Haha - I am a big sado!!!

That's what I call having a system!

Think AF is on route, have cramps all day and can't stop eating, like a little piggy!

• Advertisement

My pee-sticks have been despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I have a whole drawer of pee sticks. A. Whole. Drawer. I can't decide if that's quite sad, or if I'm a genius for bulk buying :cool:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I have a whole drawer of pee sticks. A. Whole. Drawer. I can't decide if that's quite sad, or if I'm a genius for bulk buying :cool:

with a bit of luck you won't need them all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

with a bit of luck you won't need them all ;)

Ah, I'm collecting them nearly 3 years at this stage ;)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ah, I'm collecting them nearly 3 years at this stage ;)

I'm coming up to 18 months, dread to think how much I have spent on bits of paper and plastic to pee on.

Funny, I was so naive when I started, bought all my tests in the chemist, the thinking was as sure it's a once of purchase. How wrong I was. Then I found this thread and stared to buy in bulk. Thank God for multibuy sites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

i actually nearly wet myself when i read that i
    ur doin it wrong if ur usin ur elbow thank u for that stickbean.
    dont get me started on doin my hair i look like ive been dragged through a bush my poor husband is trying but hasnt a clue im off to hair salon to get it done properly.
    anytime ive used them pee sticks ive never got a positive another thing to add to my list for doc apt.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My pee-sticks have been despatched.

as have mine. 120 OPK and 65 HPT. Hopefully a big waste of money for us both. :)

as have mine. 120 OPK and 65 HPT. Hopefully a big waste of money for us both. :)

I just got 30 of the 10microlitre sensitivity cheapies. That's what I had for James. Think I'm fairly okay with the ovulating thing. Knickerwatch findings co-incided with the days I figured I would ovulate (Days 16-18). Sure we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Im going to get the clearblue opk this month. I was telling my doc i was usng the cheap ones and that sometimes I was having a hard time deciding if the two lines were equal and he said that's probably because i'm not ovulating every month. So i said at least this way I'd get a smiley face or frowny face and it's easier to decipher. I dont mind spending the money for the months i'm on clomid to give myself best chance after that i'll go back t the cheap ones.

• Advertisement

Well, days after I ordered these, on Saturday, I did my sums and realised i was on CD33. Which is long for me. So I decided to buy a FR test, and I got my BFP. :D I'm just 5 weeks so very early days.

I deliberately didn't post much this time around as we had agreed to casually try until April then return to the Doc's for Clomid. The last time it took 2.5 years of trying and Clomid so to get a BFP naturally in just 2 cycles has left us happily stunned.

Luckily I can return all the pee sticks as they expire in Feb 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement