Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Ah Neyite, that's wonderful news! Congratulations pet xxxx

So are you selling the rest of your pee stick, Lol!!! Just kidding :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »
    Well, days after I ordered these, on Saturday, I did my sums and realised i was on CD33. Which is long for me. So I decided to buy a FR test, and I got my BFP. :D I'm just 5 weeks so very early days.

I deliberately didn't post much this time around as we had agreed to casually try until April then return to the Doc's for Clomid. The last time it took 2.5 years of trying and Clomid so to get a BFP naturally in just 2 cycles has left us happily stunned.

Luckily I can return all the pee sticks as they expire in Feb 2014.

OMG congrats neyite. Im around here long enough to remember your TTC journey first time around. To concieve so quickly this time is fantastic. Am delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Wonderful news. Great start to lucky 13!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Brilliant news Neyite:D lets hope we all follow suit ;)

I was with my gp yesterday because i have shingles! A mild dose but gp said my body is under severe stress clearly and a pregnancy womt happen with a dropped immunity so i gotta get anyone or thing that's stressing me out of my life for the mo. He said consider this my time so. Just be focused on myself. I've booked an app with hypnotist for next wednesday so gona give that a whirl for stress. And im waiting on the name of a good acupuncturist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Massive Congrats Neyite. I truly am delighted for you :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats neyite!!!!x

Baby dust to everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Well, days after I ordered these, on Saturday, I did my sums and realised i was on CD33. Which is long for me. So I decided to buy a FR test, and I got my BFP. :D I'm just 5 weeks so very early days.

I deliberately didn't post much this time around as we had agreed to casually try until April then return to the Doc's for Clomid. The last time it took 2.5 years of trying and Clomid so to get a BFP naturally in just 2 cycles has left us happily stunned.

Congratulations mrs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Huge congratulations Neyite. I'm really happy for you. Hopefully soon more of us ladies will be joining you in the BFP league!.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Big congrats to you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Fantastic Neyite! Congrats to you and your little family :)

Stargirl.gra not sure what part of the country you're in but I can recommend a fantastic accupuncturist in South Dublin ( knocklyon area). She really helped me in the months leading up to me getting pregnant, looking back more than I realised at the time! If you would like her name let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

That is fantastic news Neyite!!!!!! So, so happy for you!:D:D:D:D:D:D big hugs!

Congratulations Neyite :)

I'm like a TTC yoyo, we're back trying again! A good friend told me she's pregnant. I'm delighted for her, but its really emphasised for both of us how much we want this. It's not 100% ideal but we have a lot more than many others who have babies and manage

Excited and impatient :)

Actually meant to ask what do ye find the best app for tracking temp, CM, ovulation dates etc?.

Actually meant to ask what do ye find the best app for tracking temp, CM, ovulation dates etc?.

I found fertility friend quite good but I think even the best app works to a reasonably standard cycle. I had a bit of an odd cycle i think so I followed the sperm meets egg plan too.

Girls, does anyone know a way to bring on your period?

stickybean wrote: »
    Girls, does anyone know a way to bring on your period?

Angus castus definitely worked for me.

I agree, have used that from the first day of my period until I ovulated before,and it was great - got my cycle to 28 / 29 days.

But is there anything you can take when your period is late? CD 37 today (definitely know I am not pregnant) just wish I could bring it on so we can start again :(

I don't know of anything sb. I suspect that anything that would artificially bring it on mightn't be the best thing in the long term. I sympathise with you. I had cycles like that too and it was so frustrating. :(

Thanks yellow hen, head is totally melted, I have never wished for my period before. I'm sure it will come soon (I hope so :()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

stickybean i feel ur pain i havent had my period since oct and i know im definately not pregnant i checked before my doc apt so i didnt have to do one there too.
    i just want it to turn up so i can start again.
    i did try the agnus cactus and most it got me down to was 53 days.
    here is hoping the doc can sort it out or at least start us on something.
    im getting so fed up with looking at all the cute baby clothes and knowing i have nothing to put in it.
    im just having a bad day between my broken elbow and the not pregnant i just needed a little rant.
    major congrats neyite super happy for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Agnus cactus/parsley tea/lots of sex.

thanks carlyam2 x hope your elbow is feeling a bit better. Do you normally have irregular cycles? I used AC for 2 cycles and got them to 29 then 28 days, I was away for the next one, so missed using it, but that was 30 days.

I'll give the parsley tea a shot Lucyfur, do you get this is a health food store?

Not sure if this true, but I was out with a friend walking, she said loosing weight can affect your cycle, I have been working towards loosing a few pounds before my appointment next month, perhaps this is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

elbow is on the mend thanks stickybean.
    ive always been irregular and was too embarrassed to go about it when in my teens i just lived with it it never crossed my mine i may need a normal one to have a child. i need to lose about 2-3 stone as well. i havent heard losing weight affects the cycle i know in my case being heavy definately has bad effects on it. that said i have been walking and am down 4lbs so am happy.

Not sure if this true, but I was out with a friend walking, she said loosing weight can affect your cycle, I have been working towards loosing a few pounds before my appointment next month, perhaps this is it...

my sister told me that every time she joing weight watchers she was told that losing weight does affect your fertility and so to make sure you use extra protection while losing. My doctor told me i need to lose weight and even the clomid leaflet says that women overweight my not get the same outcome from the drug. The Fertility Code, a book by irish writer Dermot ' Connor goes into detail on weight and the reasons it can himder and aid fertility. It's a really good book. Has anyone else read it?

Good on you carlyam2, 4 lbs is a great loss :):):):)

Thats interesting Stargirl, I have been lossing weight for since last December (2011), I wish loosing it was making me more fertile. I haven't read that book, but heard some of the girls mention it on here before.

Did a test this morning, just to further aggravate myself, BFN, wish this bloody thing would hurry up and come. Boobs are killing me,stomach is bloated, keep getting pains thinking they are coming but just not happening. Feeling very emotional, a week of PMS. I want to come back as a man in the next life!!!!

Probably due my period today or tomorrow. Was sure I was getting it just there before brekkie, but nada.

I downloaded a great app called "Pink Pad" it's free on the iPhone and I've been tracking everything.

Think I'll test in the morning if I don't get my period between now and then

Thats interesting Stargirl, I have been lossing weight for since last December (2011), I wish loosing it was making me more fertile. I haven't read that book, but heard some of the girls mention it on here before.

Well this is the thing, it's so easy for people and doctors to blame weight i find it so insulting as if to say oh it's your fault you're not pregnant, if you just lost some weight everything would fall into place. Eh no! I'm the same as you Stickybean I lost a load of weight last year and nada no pregnancy but sure look the doctor says i may not be ovulating so there you go like! My own brother was her on saturday and (i'm having hypnosis done on wednesday for stress relief and weight so we were discussing that) and he basically said if i lost weight i'd get pregnant. WELL his wife ate him (which i was glad coz i am well able to stick up for myslef but im so well able that people dont listen haha) and she said to him " are you stupid or something? She has a condition-that's why she's not pregnant, not because she's carrying a couple of pounds extra!!!!" and that's the truth really isnt it!
    Now I am going to lose more weight because lets be fair I dont want to go into a pregnancy over weight and unhealthy I mean my sister had pre eclamsia n her first baby and that and pregnancy diabetes on her second and she wasnt over weight!!!! So i dont want to add to my woes but still it's very hard an a lot of people dont understand it. So well done you girls that have lost, and keep losing and keep walking amd get those endorphins flowing :D

I did my test a little early. It and the second one I did were both positive.

I'm in shock.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I did my test a little early. It and the second one I did were both positive.

I'm in shock.

Wow congratulations Das!! That's amazing news - so glad it worked out so well for you x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement