Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

How do ye cope with the wait from ovulation to your period being due? I'm due next Friday but have had sore boobs since last week, my boobs have hurt in the past but only for a day not 5 days straight so I have convinced myself that I'm pregnant.
    Since I came off the pill 10 months ago I now get tender boobs around the time of ovulation, during my period and most especially during the few days leading up to my period. I'm starting to come to the conclusion tender boobs as a sign of pregnancy: pish posh! ....biggest red herring ever?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Been off the pill two weeks now, and this past two days I have been so vicious with my temper and depressed. Crying at absolutely nothing. Nipples are very tender today and the tips have started to go red :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lucuma wrote: »
    Since I came off the pill 10 months ago I now get tender boobs around the time of ovulation, during my period and most especially during the few days leading up to my period. I'm starting to come to the conclusion tender boobs as a sign of pregnancy: pish posh! ....biggest red herring ever?!?

One of my biggest pregnancy symptoms was no sore boobs on the run up to when my period was due, they were normally too sore to touch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

hi all

i am new to this thread and looking for some advice, i had implant in since april 2011 and had it removed last thursday as myself and my fianace really want to have our first child before our wedding in 2015.My time of month was all over the place with the implant to be honest, i didnt keep track of when it came as it could be every 5 weeks sometimes and then could last for 3 weeks. i finished my last one tuesday last, implant out thurday have had unprotected sex since but today i have very heavy bleeding and really bad cramps, i think you can have bleeding a few days after having the implant out but this seems to be like another period but i could hardly be getting another one so soon could i? has anyone else had the same as me with having the implant out. i would be so greatful for any advice as this will be my first child x

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

mok86 wrote: »
    so sorry to hear how you are feeling at the moment. we have not been ttc for as long as ye but its been over a year now. i know how it feels two people close to me told me a few months back that they were expecting and just a day apart! its so hard to stop the tears as they tell you their happy news. and then to be asked if i would like another i already have been blessed with a 4 year old but its still heartbreaking. i have finally stopped putting off things and went to see doc and she suspects pcos waiting to be called for ultrasound now. i know you feel awful and exhausted right now but dont give up just yet. its hard to hold on hope month after month but keep going its ok to get upset it isnt fair but you have to have belief it will happen. have you seen a doc or gynae? hope you are feeling a bit bettern

Thanks for understanding. Feeling better now, just trying to reconcile all the differnt emotions that I feel! I have just recently been referred to a fertility doc. The reason that it has taken 3 years is because in the past 3 years I have gotten pregnant twice, but had 2 miscarriages (one very late). It has now been over a year trying since the last mc, so we are finally getting some medical help. Hopefully that will mean things work out for us, I shouldn't have been so negative in my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Been off the pill two weeks now, and this past two days I have been so vicious with my temper and depressed. Crying at absolutely nothing. Nipples are very tender today and the tips have started to go red :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just your body's reaction to a decrease in hormones from the ocp :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just your body's reaction to a decrease in hormones from the ocp :)

Yeah I was well warned, but never felt as low as I did yesterday. It was actually frightening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yeah I was well warned, but never felt as low as I did yesterday. It was actually frightening!

I know, it can be very topsy turvey at first but it does get better :)

Has anyone else experienced the least romantic sex they've ever had in the name of Trying To Conceive?!?
    Today had to be a new low for us.....if I told use the story ye actually wouldn't believe me ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Has anyone else experienced the least romantic sex they've ever had in the name of Trying To Conceive?!?
    Today had to be a new low for us.....if I told use the story ye actually wouldn't believe me ;-)

Haha, not yet but we're in the gearing-up rather than fully trying stage!

Thinking about joining Slimming World this week, anyone here done it? I feel I could use a boost and anything that'll help with ttc can only be a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Yep. We call it metronome sex. Really just going through the motions. Thankfully it was like that just the once and made us really grateful for a sex life we both enjoy lots every other time. Imagine for some people it's like that a lot whether they are ttc or not!!
    This month it was pretty great around the fertile time not at all metronome!!

Thinking about joining Slimming World this week, anyone here done it? I feel I could use a boost and anything that'll help with ttc can only be a good thing!

Lost 30lbs in Slimming World in 5.5months, it's brill ;-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oh, I'd believe ya. Experienced plenty of them ourselves, its just the stress of it all. Just make up for it when off duty. We went on date nights during the two week wait a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Lost 30lbs in Slimming World in 5.5months, it's brill ;-)

Well done! I have quite a bit to lose so hoping it'll work for me. If this doesn't motivate me nothing will ;)

I'm loving being off the pill so far, the only negative symptom really is spots appearing on my chest! Did anyone else get this and were you able to get rid of it?

Well done! I have quite a bit to lose so hoping it'll work for me. If this doesn't motivate me nothing will ;)

I'm loving being off the pill so far, the only negative symptom really is spots appearing on my chest! Did anyone else get this and were you able to get rid of it?

I lost 24lbs in 10 weeks starting at 12st8, I would recommend it to anyone!

I started getting acne again since I've come off the pill, there are OTC creams you can get with alcohol in them that help, but I just bought baby wipes and use them in between showering :o

On a side note, just out from my first gynae app, and she said my cervical mucus is definitely indicating fertility and ovulation (I just started getting it as white/clear and elastic today).
    Never thought to ask her, but maybe someone here knows. Does this indicate imminent ovulation, or does it just mean it's going to happen soon? Any sort of time frame?

For me white mucus would mean ovulation within the week, clear would mean in the next or two.
    Best of luck!!

So I'm late.......again. 6 days.

Was 9 days late before and had gotten my hopes up massively then but stupid period arrived. Trying not to now but its hard.
    Symptoms are wrecking my head. I have very tender boobs and they are a bit bigger.... am I imagining that they are bigger and more tender than other times? :confused::o I was very emotional a few days ago, felt like crying for absolutely no reason at all. That was certainly nothing like I had experienced before. Yet it could all still be bloody PMS.
    Scared to take a test. :o We had very targeted sex this month, did it lots coming up and during the fertile period so it could actually have worked.

Will wait it out a week more I think and then if no period will feel a little more hopeful about taking a test. Its dreadful when you want something so much that you're scared to test.

So I'm late.......again. 6 days.

Was 9 days late before and had gotten my hopes up massively then but stupid period arrived. Trying not to now but its hard.

Did you ever find out the reason for being 9 days late before Penny? That seems quite late given your tests were all negative (indicating you didn't have a chemical preg right? more experienced ppl here could prob comment more)

What's your normal cycle length? How many cycles of this (the normal) length have you had? I presume you're tracking them all like I am on my phone app

On a side note, just out from my first gynae app, and she said my cervical mucus is definitely indicating fertility and ovulation (I just started getting it as white/clear and elastic today).
    Never thought to ask her, but maybe someone here knows. Does this indicate imminent ovulation, or does it just mean it's going to happen soon? Any sort of time frame?

You need to get on the opks Shasha Bear! Then you'll be able to pin point your ovulation date.

I have fairly normal cycles now, and I get the egg white mucus for probably 5 or 6 days before ovulation, also on the day of ovulation and it continues (but lighter) for maybe 2 or 3 days after it.

So glad someone has started to talk about this......I have gotten the weirdest acne, on my neck (!!!) since coming off the pill. It took me a few months to make the link that was whhen it started.

Can't seem to shake it either. It's all along under my jaw on both sides. Also have had a resurgance of acne on one side of my chin, where I used to always get it in my early 20s. Great!!

I'm hoping after a year or 2 that it will go away, once everything settles back down. Or maybe we'll get pregnant, that's supposed to be good for your skin (probably an urban myth though!!)

• Advertisement

Did you ever find out the reason for being 9 days late before Penny? That seems quite late given your tests were all negative (indicating you didn't have a chemical preg right? more experienced ppl here could prob comment more)

What's your normal cycle length? How many cycles of this (the normal) length have you had? I presume you're tracking them all like I am on my phone app

Actually I didn't test the last time when I was 9 days late. Myself and my husband had agreed that we'd test at the end of the second week if there was still no period. I had to give him the pregnancy test to hide away from me as it was killing me not to test.
    Then I got my period.:(
    It could well have been a chemical pregnancy as my period was heavier and more painful than normal. I wasn't 100% sure if it could have been this or the fact that I'd started acupuncture and it might have been responsible. In some ways I was glad that I hadn't tested and shown a positive with the way it ended up. That way I didn't have to think about having been and then no longer being pregnant. Granted on the flip side of that it would have shown that I could actually get pregnant so who knows what the right thing would have been.
    I do track on the phone app. Its a little hobby of mine almost at this stage:P My cycle is 31 days on average. Occasionally 32 or 34 but averages out at 31 for sure.
    So guess I'll sit tight and wait. ...............

Neyite wrote: »
    Oh, I'd believe ya. Experienced plenty of them ourselves, its just the stress of it all. Just make up for it when off duty. We went on date nights during the two week wait a lot.

When ''off duty'' - love it! :-)

This wasn't so much metronome as against the clock.....I had to accompany hubby on (his) family weekend away at the last minute once I realised the ovulation dates for this month. There wasn't really space for me and we were sharing a room with kids, so zero privacy. It's pretty hilarious to find oneself locked in a bathroom with a duvet hastily thrown on the floor about to dtd when a young family member knocks on the door saying they need to go to the toilet.....now!! Clothes were never thrown back on so fast!

Granted on the flip side of that it would have shown that I could actually get pregnant so who knows what the right thing would have been.
    I do track on the phone app. Its a little hobby of mine almost at this stage:P My cycle is 31 days on average. Occasionally 32 or 34 but averages out at 31 for sure.
    So guess I'll sit tight and wait. ...............

A real conundrum but I'd rather know if I had a chemical pregnancy, although sad, at least it would show that I'm capable of conception as you say. At this stage (i.e. with no children) I would see a chemical pregnancy as progress, and something to be worked on and improved. At least that's how I think I'd feel about it anyway.....

Also if I had a few chemical pregnancies in a row, it would be some info to go to the doctor with I suppose.

Good luck !! xxxxx

You need to get on the opks Shasha Bear! Then you'll be able to pin point your ovulation date.

I have fairly normal cycles now, and I get the egg white mucus for probably 5 or 6 days before ovulation, also on the day of ovulation and it continues (but lighter) for maybe 2 or 3 days after it.

We have a very active sex life anyway, so pinpointing ovulation isn't necessary. We usually do it once a day (even before TTC) and the odd time twice a day. Hasn't really changed since I came off the pill, apart from three days my partner had to go away and I couldn't come with him like I usually do :o
    Was just curious to see if it was a ballpark indicator or what. I was concerned it might take months for me to even ovulate, so that's a real comfort, and now I can track other symptoms to compare to next month! I'll also have a fair idea of when to expect a period.

We have a very active sex life anyway, so pinpointing ovulation isn't necessary. We usually do it once a day (even before TTC) and the odd time twice a day. Hasn't really changed since I came off the pill, apart from three days my partner had to go away and I couldn't come with him like I usually do :o
    Was just curious to see if it was a ballpark indicator or what. I was concerned it might take months for me to even ovulate, so that's a real comfort, and now I can track other symptoms to compare to next month! I'll also have a fair idea of when to expect a period.

You can buy the opks in the chemist (expensive) or order them cheaply online. It's nice to know what's happening inside your own body I think, especially when it's on your mind the whole time anyway when you're TTC so this takes the guess work out of it!

So I caved and did a pregnancy test this morning with the good first morning urine and it was negative. :( However I still have no period so don't really know what to do now i.e. have a little cry about it and move on to next time or just wait it out with a little bit of hope.
    I am either 4/6 or 8 days late depending on which of the 3 apps I'm using to track my cycle. The Pink Pad app which has be at 4 days late is generally the most reliable or accurate of the apps I've used so I'm leaning more towards 4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

So I caved and did a pregnancy test this morning with the good first morning urine and it was negative. :( However I still have no period so don't really know what to do now i.e. have a little cry about it and move on to next time or just wait it out with a little bit of hope.
    I am either 4/6 or 8 days late depending on which of the 3 apps I'm using to track my cycle. The Pink Pad app which has be at 4 days late is generally the most reliable or accurate of the apps I've used so I'm leaning more towards 4 days.

I didn't get a positive test until the evening I was 4 days late so you never know. I have everything crossed for you anyway!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I didn't get a positive test until the evening I was 4 days late so you never know. I have everything crossed for you anyway!

Thank you:)
    I think I'm going to wait it out for a while longer. Also I'm going to be a digital pregnancy test too. I hate the ones with the lines as I'm not sure if there is a second very faint line or I'm just trying to see if there because I want it to be there. At least with digital is hammers home the message you either are or you aren't.

I did some reading up on HcG levels too. Its surprising how many people have had positive pregnancies despite getting so many negative tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thank you:)
    I think I'm going to wait it out for a while longer. Also I'm going to be a digital pregnancy test too. I hate the ones with the lines as I'm not sure if there is a second very faint line or I'm just trying to see if there because I want it to be there. At least with digital is hammers home the message you either are or you aren't.

I did some reading up on HcG levels too. Its surprising how many people have had positive pregnancies despite getting so many negative tests.

I tested for a week before getting a positive because I just knew I was preggers and had negative test after negative test. I got a positive on a cheaper test but the lines were faint and I couldn't be sure, then I used one of the clear blue tests with the number of weeks on it and it turned quickly and as you said, you definitely know or not so I do recommend getting one of those! Even though I was very much pregnant the tests with the lines on it just didn't give me a definitive answer :)

• Advertisement

and the dream is over for another month.......just been to the bathroom and I got my period.
    :(
    Onwards and upwards I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement