Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Have been getting period cramps (mildly uncomfortable) and lower back pain for the past 2-3 days. Cramping has subsided today, but the pain seems to have moved up to the middle of my back. It's weird, the pain is almost at each of my sides, and never in the centre (back) but the cramping was definitely not on either side like for ovaries. CM has changed from clear/white and stringy to white and sort of chalky.

I wish I knew what normal ovulation was like, I'd nearly even welcome a period now - at least then I'd know my body was working! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

*Hugs* for Penny

Shashabear you could be ovulating from both sides? Apparently it happens every third cycle or so. You could get lucky and end up with twins wha :P

*Hugs* for Penny

Shashabear you could be ovulating from both sides? Apparently it happens every third cycle or so. You could get lucky and end up with twins wha :P

Oh no... :p
    I'm sure twins would be lovely, and better than no babies...
    But, oh no :p

Have been on the pill since 15yrs so I have absolutely no normal cycles to compare this to. Got a nice app on my phone that tracks everything and I can put symptoms on it and mood changes and mark intimate days. I put in the days of my last period even though it was withdrawal bleeding, and it came up with the 19th as ovulation day. Sore nipples, fatigue, headaches, cramps, back pain, extreme mood swings and the first appearance of discharge have all occured in succession since about the 18th. We've dtd every day this month from the last day of my period, so I suppose I'm just getting hopeful :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm sorry Penny :( everything crossed for next month for you

Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Hi Penny, any news yet? ??????

• Advertisement

We've all been there Penny. It will happen, don't loose faith. X

I have just recovered from having a septum in my womb removed. ...it's been such a bloody hard year as I just expected to have a baby after I got married like the rest of my friends. I have pcos so I now have to sort that out. Has anyone got pregnant within a few months of being on those clomid tablets or should I not get my hopes up again? I would be grateful for any advice:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

pennyloves wrote: »
    I have just recovered from having a septum in my womb removed. ...it's been such a bloody hard year as I just expected to have a baby after I got married like the rest of my friends. I have pcos so I now have to sort that out. Has anyone got pregnant within a few months of being on those clomid tablets or should I not get my hopes up again? I would be grateful for any advice:)

I didn't have pcos, but I got pregnant on my third cycle of clomid (the first cycle I overstimulated so it was cancelled before the trigger shot so really it was only 2 cycles) I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Our bodies are odd odd things. So as I posted yesterday I got (or thought I did) my period yesterday morning. At the ripe old age of 36 I've gotten it enough times now to know what it looks like.
    Then my evening time it was gone and not a trace since.
    So I don't know what that was now.....was it a period, was it spotting, was it anything?
    I've decided to take the following approach over the weekend:
    this evening hairdressers for a wash and blow dry and then waste that by vegging out on the couch with my Sky Plus as I'm coming down with a nasty nasty cold.
    Saturday do a few bits and then go out for dinner with my husband.
    Sunday will catch up with friends
    Monday go and cheer on a friend doing the marathon.
    Will keep going with knicker watch in the meantime and just not stress about it.

Happy bank holiday weekend ladies! Have a good one whatever you do.

Here's hoping against hope it's an implantation bleed penny dreadful, all of my fingers are crossed for you :)

• Advertisement

Here's hoping against hope it's an implantation bleed penny dreadful, all of my fingers are crossed for you :)

Thank you:)

This forum is great. Its a brilliant place to be able to come to seek advice, chat, learn from other people's experiences (both good and bad) and mostly just to be able to put your thoughts down. If they don't make sense they don't make sense and thats ok cause everyone has been there in one way or another.
    I can't wait for the day when we can migrate (all together now) to the Pregnant Forum. It will be a great day!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

and the dream is over for another month.......just been to the bathroom and I got my period.
    :(
    Onwards and upwards I guess.

Ah balls Penny. This TTC is head wreck city sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

pennyloves wrote: »

I have pcos, chlomid worked for us, along with blood tests to pinpoint ovulation.

Lucuma wrote: »
    Ah balls Penny. This TTC is head wreck city sometimes

Thats for sure.
    Seems I was grasping at straws around implantation bleeds cause I most certainly have my period with bells and cramping whistles too.

Our bodies are odd odd things. So as I posted yesterday I got (or thought I did) my period yesterday morning. At the ripe old age of 36 I've gotten it enough times now to know what it looks like.
    Then my evening time it was gone and not a trace since.
    So I don't know what that was now.....was it a period, was it spotting, was it anything?
    I've decided to take the following approach over the weekend:
    this evening hairdressers for a wash and blow dry and then waste that by vegging out on the couch with my Sky Plus as I'm coming down with a nasty nasty cold.
    Saturday do a few bits and then go out for dinner with my husband.
    Sunday will catch up with friends
    Monday go and cheer on a friend doing the marathon.
    Will keep going with knicker watch in the meantime and just not stress about it.

Happy bank holiday weekend ladies! Have a good one whatever you do.

Ooh, strange and hopefully a good thing! Maybe an implantation bleed? I never had one so no idea what it looks like :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Ooh, strange and hopefully a good thing! Maybe an implantation bleed? I never had one so no idea what it looks like :)

Unfortunately it wasn't/ isn't an implantation bleed. I'm having horrible horrible period pains

Unfortunately it wasn't/ isn't an implantation bleed. I'm having horrible horrible period pains

:( crap to be disappointed and in pain too. Hope you have something nice like chocolate to cheer yourself up

:( crap to be disappointed and in pain too. Hope you have something nice like chocolate to cheer yourself up

I do! Just had a nap on the couch, gorgeous cup of tea and a Toffee Crisp and two Solpadine. What a cocktail eh

I do! Just had a nap on the couch, gorgeous cup of tea and a Toffee Crisp and two Solpadine. What a cocktail eh

God, I want a toffee crisp now! Glad you're taking it easy anyway :)

God, I want a toffee crisp now! Glad you're taking it easy anyway :)

Oooooh Toffee Crisp, haven't had one of those in years!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah Penny that's crap - wtf is story with women's bodies - men have it so easy!

8-9 DPO and (sorry if TMI) but my gas is absolutely atrocious! My eating habits haven't changed at all since we started TTC, I was a good eater before - just started drinking more water. I'm not constipated either, but do find that once I realise I need to go, I definitely want to consider going straight away - but not diarrhoea :confused:

Have had back pain, abdominal cramping, and today I am getting smells off the dog that no-one else notices! Also getting a change in my CM (TMI again), it's still like the EWCM, but going like a lemon yellow? No smell, no burning or itching.

Doing a test either next Friday (due date for AF) or Sunday, so very curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I hate the 2 week wait........ the connecting every thing (such as a dicky tummy) to the possiblity of being pregnant - even though it defies logic that a fertilised egg that hasn't even attached itself to the womb wall yet would somehow have an affect on your stomach, but you still manage to convince yourself they're linked!! :D

Oh and I've b!tched about tender boobs being misleading before. This month I've had tender boobs every single day since ovulation, no let up at all. Might be coz I didn't ovulate til day 17. They're actually annoying me at this stage, I'll nearly be relieved to get my period so that they stop aching.....(with emphasis on ''nearly'') ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I'm in the TWW, didn't realize I was, had loads going on with work the last few week and somehow didn't even cop the dates, so not sure when we DTD, hoping we got it right.

stickybean wrote: »
    I'm in the TWW, didn't realize I was, had loads going on with work the last few week and somehow didn't even cop the dates, so not sure when we DTD, hoping we got it right.

Fingers crossed! Its great when you don't realise you're waiting.

5 DPO (going by pink pad) and I've got mild cramps and lower back pain... surely too early for symptoms but hard to ignore all the same! why do our bodies like to mess with us :rolleyes:

5 DPO (going by pink pad) and I've got mild cramps and lower back pain... surely too early for symptoms but hard to ignore all the same! why do our bodies like to mess with us :rolleyes:

Well I calmly put all my symptoms down to coming off the pill, and at 4am this morning I was awoken with a cramp very, very low in my abdomen, right in the centre, and it was so bad I had to bring my knees to my head and I whimpered quite a bit. Felt like a fist was trying to rip it in half! Only lasted around a minute. Not due for four more days, not that it was close to AF-like cramps anyway! I'm 10/11 dpo

It's strange isn't it! I'm even afraid to take a panadol now just in case :o Extremely bloated today too. looking back at my calendar we were dtd a lot around ovulation coincidentally! Gonna just put it down to coming off pill and try to forget about it til AF is due!

It's strange isn't it! I'm even afraid to take a panadol now just in case :o Extremely bloated today too. looking back at my calendar we were dtd a lot around ovulation coincidentally! Gonna just put it down to coming off pill and try to forget about it til AF is due!

We're the same, dtd every day 5 days before and after expected ovulation (no charting or temping the first month) and twice the day before, during and after :o
    Testing on Sunday now, assuming I don't get AF on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for you Shashabear! It's hard not to get excited, even though we're 'not trying, not preventing'!

Cramps are killing me worse than AF, caved and took panadol. Supposedly safe to take during ttc/ pregnancy on the slim chance that I've been lucky!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement