Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Fingers crossed for you Shashabear! It's hard not to get excited, even though we're 'not trying, not preventing'!

Cramps are killing me worse than AF, caved and took panadol. Supposedly safe to take during ttc/ pregnancy on the slim chance that I've been lucky!

I imagine they'll be fine, plenty of people don't even realise they're pregnant until AF is over a week late, and I'm sure many of them have taken panadol and then some!
    Fingers crossed for us both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

So Aunt Flo is due tomorrow according to my phone ap.....
    my boobs have felt different this month than they ever did before - the nipples were tender to the point of being sore every day since ovulation, and my boobs felt harder and even looked like they had grown a tiny bit!

But I bought cheapie stick preg tests online and used one every morning for the last 5 days, so the lack of even a trace of a second line has kept my feet firmly on the ground! Have no idea what the boob behaviour was about....I suppose yet another symptom of having ''real'' off the pill cycles

Lucuma wrote: »
    So Aunt Flo is due tomorrow according to my phone ap.....
    my boobs have felt different this month than they ever did before - the nipples were tender to the point of being sore every day since ovulation, and my boobs felt harder and even looked like they had grown a tiny bit!

But I bought cheapie stick preg tests online and used one every morning for the last 5 days, so the lack of even a trace of a second line has kept my feet firmly on the ground! Have no idea what the boob behaviour was about....I suppose yet another symptom of having ''real'' off the pill cycles

I've noticed my boobs feel more full but they're not sore and nipples aren't any different. According to my partner, my temp is up and my lower abdomen is firmer than usual.
    Not testing until Sunday at the earliest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Well all of yesterday's symptoms have disappeared, I used to have very long cycles off the pill and based on that and CM yesterday I reckon I've only just ovulated. Still a good sign that it's happening, we dtd 2 days ago and will again tonight to make sure we're still in the running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Wow Shasha bear, I've seen a lot of TMI on this forum but you are now officially the Queen of TMI !!! :eek::eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Lucuma wrote: »
    Wow Shasha bear, I've seen a lot of TMI on this forum but you are now officially the Queen of TMI !!! :eek::eek::P

Gotta second that:eek::eek:

Gotta second that:eek::eek:

Sorry, didnt realise, I've been on another forum and that's the kind of information people give :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I must not be sensitive to TMI, what's TMI about fuller boobies?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Don't see the TMI either! If you end up on the assisted reproduction road, you're gonna have to talk about your cycle and all its signs and symptoms in detail. With napro (I think it's napro), you spend a month analysing your cervical mucus. You're meant to abstain from sex for the month and himself is supposed to help you chart it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

God I could give you way TMI, sore boobs are dinner table conversation at this stage. :D

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »
    God I could give you way TMI, sore boobs are dinner table conversation at this stage. :D

I'm thinking there may have been a comment deleted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm thinking there may have been a comment deleted :)

There was. There are a lot of frank discussions and questions on this thread, hell, I've even posed a few of them myself but the deleted comment was .............well a little too much IMHO. Obviously I'm not the only one who thought so.
    We can still play nicely though:)

There was. There are a lot of frank discussions and questions on this thread, hell, I've even posed a few of them myself but the deleted comment was .............well a little too much IMHO. Obviously I'm not the only one who thought so.
    We can still play nicely though:)

Of course now my imagination is working overtime as to what it may have been :D

Of course now my imagination is working overtime as to what it may have been :D

Sorry, the original comment (again I am using two threads and the other one asks for much more detail to compare with other women) might have been a bit OTT, I was just commenting on something my partner noticed while we dtd. Didn't think it was any more OTT than talking about sore boobs and nipples, we all have the same lady parts, but I'll stand down this time ;)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Don't see the TMI either! If you end up on the assisted reproduction road, you're gonna have to talk about your cycle and all its signs and symptoms in detail. With napro (I think it's napro), you spend a month analysing your cervical mucus. You're meant to abstain from sex for the month and himself is supposed to help you chart it ;)

Well I can assure you what I wrote before (in my opinion) was nowhere nearly as TMI as talking about my cervical mucus!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Well I can assure you what I wrote before (in my opinion) was nowhere nearly as TMI as talking about my cervical mucus!

Ah, I'm not a bit squeamish. I didn't see what you wrote as being TMI at all :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    barbiegirl wrote: »

I saw the unedited comment:cool:. Meh. I think us lot have said far worse, when we were thread regulars. :D

Well thank goodness I'm not going mad! I thought cervical mucus consistency, periods and spotting, boob shape, tenderness and colour, cervical position and texture and dtd were pretty much across the board when trying to concieve!

Anywho, I've amended the comment to much more subtly reflect the symptom I was curious about having ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well thank goodness I'm not going mad! I thought cervical mucus consistency, periods and spotting, boob shape, tenderness and colour, cervical position and texture and dtd were pretty much across the board when trying to concieve!

Anywho, I've amended the comment to much more subtly reflect the symptom I was curious about having ;)

Fair play that your OH noticed those. Don't think mine would spot a haircut (on the head I mean, yis dirty yokes :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if someone could help me with a query. My OH has an appointment to give a sperm sample in the Rotunda in 2 weeks (Rotunda public, not Hari).

Anyway, we've been told that the sample needs to be produced no more than an hour before the appointment and we live in Co. Monaghan, so won't be able to produce a sample at home and then drive there in time.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the hospital to privately "produce the sample" so we are a bit stuck!! Anyone been through this and what did ye do??!

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Fair play that your OH noticed those. Don't think mine would spot a haircut (on the head I mean, yis dirty yokes :P)

He's quite the informative man. Did a lot of research on potential changes and was actually the one who recommended I measure my nipple width before we start so I could note factual changes instead of panicking and imagining they were bigger. He also checks CP for me, because, quite frankly, he knows more about what it's like up there than I do! And sorry, again, if that really is TMI. It's just nice to have a partner that's equally curious about the scientific end of babies :o

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if someone could help me with a query. My OH has an appointment to give a sperm sample in the Rotunda in 2 weeks (Rotunda public, not Hari).

Anyway, we've been told that the sample needs to be produced no more than an hour before the appointment and we live in Co. Monaghan, so won't be able to produce a sample at home and then drive there in time.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the hospital to privately "produce the sample" so we are a bit stuck!! Anyone been through this and what did ye do??!

At the risk of sounding crass, he might be able to ask to use a disabled bathroom if no-one else is using it. Would save him having to produce the sample in a cubicle or someone's office.

At the risk of sounding crass, he might be able to ask to use a disabled bathroom if no-one else is using it. Would save him having to produce the sample in a cubicle or someone's office.

Yes, he might have to see about doing something like this! It's a bit of a shocking situation IMO. I mean, when you consider the mix of emotions that is actually tied up in all this, it's not necessarily that easy to just nip into an auld bathroom and produce a sample at will!!

I know my OH is really nervous about the results (after a number of mcs and quite a while ttc), he is also possibly slightly embarressed about the whole thing as well - so I'm hoping that he will be able to produce the goods in a bathroom (in a possibly rushed situation) if necessary!!

Anyway else had to do this or have any other ideas?

Anyway else had to do this or have any other ideas?

Go in with him if he thinks that will help, though he may want to do it himself. Or stand guard outside.

Put a video of something that floats his boat on his phone, and bring earphones to drown out the surroundings (and help with the sound.)

Give yourselves plenty of time. Maybe find a quieter loo on a different floor from outpatients where you are less likely to be disturbed.

The only other suggestion that I have is to get a hotel room within walking distance of the hospital, or even a toilet in a nearby hotel might be more pleasant so go for brunch/ an afternoon coffee /lunch etc, do the sample and walk to the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Hi Ladies,

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the hospital to privately "produce the sample" so we are a bit stuck!! Anyone been through this and what did ye do??![/Q

There is a room provided for him,My husband had to give his sample and was in the same boat.We are public patients too so tell him not ta worry.

bobskii wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the hospital to privately "produce the sample" so we are a bit stuck!! Anyone been through this and what did ye do??![/Q

There is a room provided for him,My husband had to give his sample and was in the same boat.We are public patients too so tell him not ta worry.

Thanks a million for the information bobskii, we were under the impression that there was no room, so relieved to know that's not the case! OH will be much happier :)

Sorry if this appears twice, on my phone & I seem to be making a mess of posting!!

Where he gives the sample is actually over in the hari unit upstairs i think!
    They provide magazine's in a wee room so it's all discreet,My husband was the same,embarassed but as he said himself it's just somethin that has ta be done!!And nothing compared to the proddin and pokin us girls go through!:)

bobskii wrote: »
    Where he gives the sample is actually over in the hari unit upstairs i think!
    They provide magazine's in a wee room so it's all discreet,My husband was the same,embarassed but as he said himself it's just somethin that has ta be done!!And nothing compared to the proddin and pokin us girls go through!:)

I know!! Here I am, fussing over him & feeling sorry for him, but what he has to go through isn't much at all in the greater scheme of things!! But I know he worries about me when its me having tests, so I suppose its a team effort ;)

• Advertisement

Same here,team effort to get where you wanna be!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement