Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if someone could help me with a query. My OH has an appointment uoto give a sperm sample in the Rotunda in 2 weeks (Rotunda public, not Hari).
    ?!

My OH said he found it tricky-ish to get the sample in to the cup, he's going back for repeat test in a few week's time and this time they're giving him (I think this name is hilarious, an oxymoron if ever I heard one....) a "fertility condom" to wear so that all the sample is caught !! :-)

My OH's results were bad :-( but it doesn't seem plausible so I'm hoping the fact that the first part of his sample was lost (i.e. it didn't make it into the cup) was a contributing factor. Good luck with the test & results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

A fertility condom,that musta been what I used when I conceived my first child:P

let us know how your results go,were back up next week!

bobskii wrote: »
    A fertility condom,that musta been what I used when I conceived my first child:P

let us know how your results go,were back up next week!

Good luck with all the tests.
    I have to admit, when I heard the results of OH's test I cried.
    I'm grand about it now but when I first heard it, my gut reaction was ''I've been robbed''. I know that's an awful thing to say, but when you take on a man with baggage, as anyone who has done so will tell you it's not an easy choice to make for your life or an easy path to go down.

I did so (bigtime) against my mother's advice and with a lot of raised eyebrows from friends and boy did I go through the wars because of his complicated situation in the last few years, and to a certain degree, I always will as there are a lot of compromises involved and sacrifices that have to be made. But the one thing I thought was guaranteed with this choice that I made was a success rate on the procreation end of things!!!
    That was supposed to be the big compensation for taking on what I chose to take on. :confused:

I mean sometimes it even enters my head that I delibarately chose him because subconsciously I want kids sooooo much that I wasn't leaving anything to chance (!). So when I heard the results of his tests, I thought hang on a minute here.... this wasn't the deal :mad:

fingers crossed for us all x

Last edited by ShaShaBear; Yesterday at 13:14. Reason: Apparently my ladyparts are more TMI than Lucuma's sensitive nipples :P

I got a good laugh out of this btw, fair play to you!

:-)

Opposite here!
    I said i wasn't willing to have children unless i was married,we got married and now look at the situation i put my husband in!!
    My first child isn't his so he took us both on and now i might not be able to give him the child he want's,we've discussed it in great length and he say's if it's gonna happen it will if not we'll travel but sometimes i feel like i'm depriving him of something he badly wants!
    Nothin in life is clear cut:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh and I've had all my tests done.Hopefully next week were finding out if its iui or ivf were going to have and then fingers crossed we'll get the ball Rollin.i just want to get a move on at this stage,were fed up waiting!

Opposite here!
    I said i waswe've discussed it in great length and he say's if it's gonna happen it will if not we'll travel but sometimes i feel like i'm depriving him of something he badly wants!
    Nothin in life is clear cut:rolleyes:[/quot

My OH feels terrible about his results, to the point where I have to keep my feelings of sadness +worry about not having a baby to myself, because he feels responsible. Hence why it is so great to be able to vent in here!

That's sad for him and you,i remember at the start of all this thinkin oh my god what if it's me!But ya know something it's not about what is wrong with who it's about gettin through it as a couple,if i was single i wouldn't want more children,to be honest ive never wanted children until i met my husband( thats not sayin i don't love the one i have,he was the best thing to happen me)
    But i'm not one of those people who loves all children!So if it wasn't for 'us' then i wouldnt be trying for another child,and now because it's become such a big deal in our lives i want nothin more!

You should be able to have a good cry in front of him,i do it very rarely but i have done it when it all get's the better of me and vice versa,it really isn't anybodys fault,it's just somethin you are going to have to go through together,so who understands better than the person your going to go through it with!

All very deep for a friday morning!!!!But you need to be able to enjoy life whilst going through this,easier said than done i know but life is short and this is only one element of it.:)

But you need to be able to enjoy life whilst going through this,easier said than done i know but life is short and this is only one element of it.:)

Wise words Bobski.

Again our situation is a kind of opposite but similar to yours in that, because my husb + his ex had 2 kids (both the absolute bulb off my husband +his family ...defo no paternity test needed there!!) he has already felt what it's like to be a parent & to witness childbirth, to have a little person who's your flesh and blood to look after, guide, teach things to, have adventures with etc. So if all else fails he already has gotten to experience that, albeit not as part of a happy, loving relationship with their mother.
    Being a mother is my no.1 goal in life and I love kids, all kids, but most especially my gorgeous nieces +nephews of course :-) And being an Aunty has brought me so much pleasure, I can only imagine how wonderful it feels to be a Mum..!
    But you're right, have to be happy and enjoy life right now as well focus on the 'haves' as opposed to the 'have nots'

So we really are an opposite image of the same coin!!

It will happen for you,the only way is to think positive because if you don't it will drag you down and your relationship will suffer.as a friend of mine who has become pregnant after struggling said to me it will happen and then you will appreciate it even more because you worked harder than most for it.

If your husband feels like me then it is probably killing him that he can't easily give you the one thing you want more than anything in the world,but he will,your just takin the scenic route like ourselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I may have just gotten a positive test... Couldn't wait for morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Lucuma wrote: »
    My OH said he found it tricky-ish to get the sample in to the cup, he's going back for repeat test in a few week's time and this time they're giving him (I think this name is hilarious, an oxymoron if ever I heard one....) a "fertility condom" to wear so that all the sample is caught !! :-)

My OH's results were bad :-( but it doesn't seem plausible so I'm hoping the fact that the first part of his sample was lost (i.e. it didn't make it into the cup) was a contributing factor. Good luck with the test & results

Ha, I'll have to warn my OH about that!

Got AF today. It's funny, after quite a while ttc, we've recently started down the medical route. My doctor told me that its often at this stage that people suddenly get pregnant - as in just when they are starting to get all the tests done. So I was hoping this might be our month :( Ah well, at least I could have some guilt free wine this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I may have just gotten a positive test... Couldn't wait for morning!!

Congrats ShaShaBear ;)

What do you mean you "may" have just gotten a positive test ... was it a faint line? In my experience, a line is a line. Do a test first thing in the morning to confirm. Let us know how you get on!

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Congrats ShaShaBear ;)

What do you mean you "may" have just gotten a positive test ... was it a faint line? In my experience, a line is a line. Do a test first thing in the morning to confirm. Let us know how you get on!

Yes, a faint line, but very much there, just as thick as the control and a light but noticable pink.
    I just find it odd that I managed it on my first month off BC. Everyone had me thinking I'd be turning 27 before I'd ovulate!
    Can I post a pic to see what you guys think? Is that allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yes, a faint line, but very much there, just as thick as the control and a light but noticable pink.
    I just find it odd that I managed it on my first month off BC. Everyone had me thinking I'd be turning 27 before I'd ovulate!

I had the faintest of faintest of faintest lines on a boots test that I did in the evening and subsequently spent the following evening staring at it trying to work out if it was a positive or not. My 6 month old daughter is proof it certainly was!

A line is a line, congrats :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's allowed. :)

Congrats!! A line is a line!

Digs wrote: »
    I had the faintest of faintest of faintest lines on a boots test that I did in the evening and subsequently spent the following evening staring at it trying to work out if it was a positive or not. My 6 month old daughter is proof it certainly was!

A line is a line, congrats :)

I'm so excited. Have to tell both our parents tomorrow if the morning one also shows positive (since I did this one in the night with a two hour hold) and I'm hoping for a much stronger line!

Here they are!
    Fingers crossed the bean sticks and I have a stronger line tomorrow morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

That surely is a line!! Massive congrats!! You are pregnant!

I couldn't hold it in either, had to tell my Mum.

Flip sake you're making me broody again :D

Digs wrote: »
    That surely is a line!! Massive congrats!! You are pregnant!

I couldn't hold it in either, had to tell my Mum.

Flip sake you're making me broody again :D

Mum's getting an envelope in the door in the morning with a printed stork holding a bundle and the phrase "I'm on the way!" and my test will be enclosed. We'll be right at the door when she opens it :D

• Advertisement

Great news Shashabear! Congrats that your stay in this forum was a short one,have fun in the pregnancy forum!

Congratulation's ShaShaBear!Exciting times ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Whoop whoop mega congrats Shashabear!! I had a feeling that you'd get your possitve test this month :)

I told myself that we weren't actively trying this month and I'm still driving myself mad with 'symptoms' which could all be related to PMS/coming off pill (weird vivid dreams, eye twitching, sore nips, general exhaustion) Need to stop driving myself crazy and distract myself!

Whoop whoop mega congrats Shashabear!! I had a feeling that you'd get your possitve test this month :)

I told myself that we weren't actively trying this month and I'm still driving myself mad with 'symptoms' which could all be related to PMS/coming off pill (weird vivid dreams, eye twitching, sore nips, general exhaustion) Need to stop driving myself crazy and distract myself!

TWITCHING!!
    That's just so weird, and I know it might have nothing to do with it, but since I got those weird cramps Tuesday morning, I've been getting a weird twitch on my inner elbow on my left arm. Like 5-6 times a day every single day!! So weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Yep it's really weird! I normally only get them at the end of a particularly busy week at work, but I have them now after a weekend of sleeping for Ireland :confused: Who knows tbh... certainly don't 'feel' pregnant but AF is due at the weekend so will test then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Congratulation's ShaShaBear! What wonderful news. Very best of luck pet xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

hi all new to this. got my implanon removed the 17th of october. Finished my last af the 15th. 3 days after removal i had a 2 day heavy bleed and awful cramps. my gp said that may have been a withdrawel bleed. going by a 28 day cycle my af is 2 days late, have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all negitive. i am just wondering has anyone else had implanon removed and concieve without getting an af. any advice welcome, we are ttc our first baby so a very nervous and excitng time x

Polly 27 i had implanon removed and my period's settled down as soon as i got it out,no baby as of yet though but everyone is different.you should give your body time to rid itself of the hormones and just relax and don't bog your mind down just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Polly 27 i had implanon removed and my period's settled down as soon as i got it out,no baby as of yet though but everyone is different.you should give your body time to rid itself of the hormones and just relax and don't bog your mind down just yet!

thanks very much, ill keep you posted. good luck to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Hey everyone, got a positive result yesterday im over the moon xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement