Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Lucuma wrote: »
    No doubt about it, this forum beat talking to friends/sisters (however well meaning) etc hands down!
    No-one else really understands do they?

Most definately!!Reading back through the last two pages made me laugh,the fear i had of falling pregnant again after having my first one,fast forward 17 years and i'd give anything for it,life can be cruel!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

bobskii wrote: »
    Most definately!!Reading back through the last two pages made me laugh,the fear i had of falling pregnant again after having my first one,fast forward 17 years and i'd give anything for it,life can be cruel!:rolleyes:

Too damn right it can!!

As mentioned in previous posts I/ we decided it was now time to get a medical opinion on why I hadn't fallen pregnant. Visit to GP, semen analysis and bloods to be drawn.
    My Day 21 bloods were to be taken this morning. All fine.
    This week, out of interest, I purchased and used the Clear Blue OPKs- the ones where you get a O (not ovulating at all), flashing smiley face (hormone surge, might get lucky and get pregnant) and a big fat smiley face (today is the day, ovulation is happening).
    I've been using them since Monday and had O after O until today when I got the flashing smiley face. Happily hubby and myself had done the deed anyway even before I had tested.

So all is going well until I stop to remember that he has an appointment with the Rotunda on Monday for the semen analysis test and so we can't have sex for the next 3 days. This means we're going to miss the ovulation day. :rolleyes: Sods law isn't it.

Anyway I went to the clinic, had my bloods taken by the nurse and asked her if he should reschedule the appointment. She said for the sake of one month not to. She acknowledged that this was going to be hard but said that in the event that we reschedule it and I don't get pregnant this month then we're actually setting ourselves back a lot more because the appointment will have to be rebooked,etc. Also she said its worth having the bloods done (had fasting bloods) to have a quick health check prior to pregnancy anyway.

Of interest, my earlier statement that my body was actually working a week (or so) behind the averaging of the Pink Pad app seems to be right. According to the app I'd have ovulated yesterday and had a fertile period in the days leading up to this. According to the OPKs that fertile period is only starting today which moves everything on a good few days.
    If nothing else the spend on the more expensive OPKs has been a good data gathering exercise.
    Its odd how happy I was to see the flashing smiley face on the test this morning. Imagine if an ovulation test does that what a BFP for pregnancy would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Too damn right it can!!

As mentioned in previous posts I/ we decided it was now time to get a medical opinion on why I hadn't fallen pregnant. Visit to GP, semen analysis and bloods to be drawn.
    My Day 21 bloods were to be taken this morning. All fine.
    This week, out of interest, I purchased and used the Clear Blue OPKs- the ones where you get a O (not ovulating at all), flashing smiley face (hormone surge, might get lucky and get pregnant) and a big fat smiley face (today is the day, ovulation is happening).
    I've been using them since Monday and had O after O until today when I got the flashing smiley face. Happily hubby and myself had done the deed anyway even before I had tested.

So all is going well until I stop to remember that he has an appointment with the Rotunda on Monday for the semen analysis test and so we can't have sex for the next 3 days. This means we're going to miss the ovulation day. :rolleyes: Sods law isn't it.
    !

Tomorrow morning is Friday morning......fast forward 3x 24hrs and you're at Monday morning. Surely ye could dtd tomorrow morning and then the 3 days abstinance begins? Sorry now it's none of my business just a suggestion!!! It's sickening to miss a fertile period I know.
    By the way great news on the flashing Smiley opk :-) does it matter that your day 21 bloods were taken before ovulation not after?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tomorrow morning is Friday morning......fast forward 3x 24hrs and you're at Monday morning. Surely ye could dtd tomorrow morning and then the 3 days abstinance begins? Sorry now it's none of my business just a suggestion!!! It's sickening to miss a fertile period I know.
    By the way great news on the flashing Smiley opk :-) does it matter that your day 21 bloods were taken before ovulation not after?

Ideally the day 21 test should show a drop in progesterone, to show that ovulation has occurred, unless you're pregnant, in which case, it should rise.

Might be worth mentioning that you have longer cycles if you haven't already :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ideally the day 21 test should show a drop in progesterone, to show that ovulation has occurred, unless you're pregnant, in which case, it should rise.

Might be worth mentioning that you have longer cycles if you haven't already :)

Hi, I do tend to have longer cycles. Shortest has been 31 and longest has been 39 days. Averages out at 33 days.
    I did tell the nurse today that I had used the OPK all week and today was the first hint of any hormone surge. She noted that in my file and I made a note of it too!.
    Never thought that I could be pregnant.:o Time will tell I suppose!

• Advertisement

By the way great news on the flashing Smiley opk :-) does it matter that your day 21 bloods were taken before ovulation not after?[/QUOTE]

I told the nurse about the test showing a flashing smiley today. She noted it in my file and said we'll see what it comes back with on Day 3 bloods.
    Also if I get my period in or around December 1-3 which is when I think I will now and I keep track of my ovulation cycle with the OPKs it should help put some sense to the Day 21 bloods and what they say.

BTW how annoying is it when you're trying (quietly) to arrange a Day 3 blood draw with a receptionist in the clinic and she just seems incapable of accepting that you can't give a cast iron guarantee of when Day 3 will happen exactly and so it makes the appointment day a difficult one to pin point!
    In the end I just gave up trying to be quiet and said in my normal voice: " It would seem that I have irregular periods. Thats one of the reasons I'm having the blood tests done. I can't tell you exactly when Day 3 will be. When I get my period I'll call and tell you".
    She went bright red (you really think she'd have seen and heard it all working in a GP clinic) and said "ok, just call me then, I'll give you a tentitive appointment for December 2nd".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Got my period today and I'm well and truly miserable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Me too:mad:
    you'd think i'd be used to it by now:rolleyes:
    Off to bed i go before somebody get's the head taken off them!

bobskii wrote: »
    Me too:mad:
    you'd think i'd be used to it by now:rolleyes:
    Off to bed i go before somebody get's the head taken off them!

Did the test again this morning and once again it showed the flashing Smiley. ........didn't hop back into bed to do the deed though despite being tempted.
    1) it was 05:45 - not too sure my husband would have appreciated me waking him up - even for sex! at that time of the morning. He has been really working hard lately and was wrecked going to bed last night.
    2) I'm hoping that the sample he gives on Monday will be a good sample (if that makes sense) and didn't really want to chance it not being
    3) Sperm lives for a long time inside a woman and maybe just maybe the fertility gods will smile on us this month anyway and our having had sex yesterday morning when I had my first flashing smiley will work.
    4) it was 05:45 and it had been hard enough to drag myself out of bed that early to get ready for work. If I got back in I'd still be there now!:D

:D Penny I was in a similar-ish position this morning. I got the darkest line on the opk on Wed morning, then the fainter line yesterday morning. We dtd yesterday morning alright, which was ok. I thought it prudent to dtd again this morning but yeah, it didn't work out according to plan :(

I know I've seen people post about this on here before, but for my hubby I'm afraid the mandatory/forced sex just really isn't doing it for him if you know what I mean. And unfortunately that's kind of a key requirement for the whole thing to work! I also think there's an element of stage fright involved because he knows that he has to do it, as opposed to the usual feeling associated with sex like love, passion, lust etc.

To be honest at this stage it's turning into the monthly trauma.......so horrible to experience. I'm starting to wonder whether it wouldn't be easier for some doctor to just sort it all out for us in a test tube! :mad:

• Advertisement

:D Penny I was in a similar-ish position this morning. I got the darkest line on the opk on Wed morning, then the fainter line yesterday morning. We dtd yesterday morning alright, which was ok. I thought it prudent to dtd again this morning but yeah, it didn't work out according to plan :(

I know I've seen people post about this on here before, but for my hubby I'm afraid the mandatory/forced sex just really isn't doing it for him if you know what I mean. And unfortunately that's kind of a key requirement for the whole thing to work! I also think there's an element of stage fright involved because he knows that he has to do it, as opposed to the usual feeling associated with sex like love, passion, lust etc.

To be honest at this stage it's turning into the monthly trauma.......so horrible to experience. I'm starting to wonder whether it wouldn't be easier for some doctor to just sort it all out for us in a test tube! :mad:

I agree. This morning I was actually thinking how bloody unfortunate and awkward it is that you have to have sex to get pregnant. :o:D
    A few times when we were at "Its time its time its time" part of my cycle and we had sex because we had to rather than wanted to it was the most boring metronome sex. It was like something out of a bad movie where you're just there thinking "is it over yet?".
    Stage fright does kick in too. Its bound to really. You can just say "on guard" and its there, desire at the ready. Its easier as a woman to be less "ready" but still ok to do it while the men can't.
    You can easily get caught in a nasty circle of sex always being associated with negative thoughts rather than the thoughts we all want it to be.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Best to stop telling him if you are ovulating etc, only adds to the pressure. Then you both get upset and frustrated. You can plan, but appear to be spontaneous if you know what I mean. Flirty texts during the day, quickies before dinner, surprise him in the shower, outfits or whatever. If he knows he is on duty, the pressure can be counterproductive.

Neyite wrote: »
    Best to stop telling him if you are ovulating etc, only adds to the pressure. Then you both get upset and frustrated. You can plan, but appear to be spontaneous if you know what I mean. Flirty texts during the day, quickies before dinner, surprise him in the shower, outfits or whatever. If he knows he is on duty, the pressure can be counterproductive.

Look at you all clever and full of good ideas!! Must be the Friday coming through. :D
    Friday has been hiding away at the end of the longest week! But its here at last.:) Hope you all have a good one.

I agree. This morning I was actually thinking how bloody unfortunate and awkward it is that you have to have sex to get pregnant. :o:D

:D

How did we go from ''How unfortunate and awkward it is that this wonderful thing called sex can lead to you getting pregnant'' (teens and early 20s)

to ''How unfortunate that this wonderful thing called being a mother requires sex to make it happen''

in only a few short years!

Thanks a mil for the tips.

On the not telling him thing, I used to think that was a great idea but with his poor count/motility/morphology results and my ovulation date jumping around like a frog (CD 14 this month according to opks, compared to CD18 last month!) I don't have much faith in the whole sperm hanging around for up to 5 days thing so we need to time the sex precisely for success I think.

He would know straight away what's up if I suddenly start acting all flirty and saucy around a certain time of the month! I suppose the only way to counteract that is I'd have to be like that all month long so that he can't tell the difference! That sounds like a lot of work..... jeez is the baba worth it !!!? :D:D

Thanks a mil for the tips.

On the not telling him thing, I used to think that was a great idea but with his poor count/motility/morphology results and my ovulation date jumping around like a frog (CD 14 this month according to opks, compared to CD18 last month!) I don't have much faith in the whole sperm hanging around for up to 5 days thing so we need to time the sex precisely for success I think.

He would know straight away what's up if I suddenly start acting all flirty and saucy around a certain time of the month! I suppose the only way to counteract that is I'd have to be like that all month long so that he can't tell the difference! That sounds like a lot of work..... jeez is the baba worth it !!!? :D:D

I'm sure it will be!

The funny thing is I was at my sister's house recently and he little boy (9 going on 10) was in a snotty snotty mood. Generally he is a good boy and he certainly is the apple of his mother's eye.
    Anyway my sister was trying to get him to get changed into his training gear for whatever ball sport was played on that day and make sure the 7 year old was going her homework and the 12 year old to get her nose out of her book and finish her chores.......general household madness.
    The little boy was not very responsive to the gentle telling / reminding it was time to get changed and in the end he roared at her " you're the worst mother in the world ever!!! you do such a bad job why did I have to get you as my mammy".......
    I was shocked and his mum said, he does this sometimes and it blows over and all goes back to normal.
    I was just thinking that we put so much time, effort and expense (financial and emotional) into having these kids and then all too soon after they're born they move out of the thinking you're the best thing ever stage into the "bleurgh, how did you become my mother".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

[/B]

I'm sure it will be!

The funny thing is I was at my sister's house recently and he little boy (9 going on 10) was in a snotty snotty mood. Generally he is a good boy and he certainly is the apple of his mother's eye.
    Anyway my sister was trying to get him to get changed into his training gear for whatever ball sport was played on that day and make sure the 7 year old was going her homework and the 12 year old to get her nose out of her book and finish her chores.......general household madness.
    The little boy was not very responsive to the gentle telling / reminding it was time to get changed and in the end he roared at her " you're the worst mother in the world ever!!! you do such a bad job why did I have to get you as my mammy".......
    I was shocked and his mum said, he does this sometimes and it blows over and all goes back to normal.
    I was just thinking that we put so much time, effort and expense (financial and emotional) into having these kids and then all too soon after they're born they move out of the thinking you're the best thing ever stage into the "bleurgh, how did you become my mother".

I dared speak to my mother like that.
    Once.
    I did not dare again.
    Problem is, a lot of mammies don't have the same ability to teach respect to their children without getting frowned upon. My mates 6 year old threatened to call social services and report her for emotional abuse and neglect. Because she turned the TV off so he would eat his dinner.

Just edited to add, I don't necessarily mean hitting and the likes, just a firmer hand and being able to tell your child off or punish them without getting it thrown in your face. Sometimes telling them to stand on a mat in the hall and think about what they have done just doesn't cut it!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I dared speak to my mother like that.
    Once.
    I did not dare again.
    Problem is, a lot of mammies don't have the same ability to teach respect to their children without getting frowned upon. My mates 6 year old threatened to call social services and report her for emotional abuse and neglect. Because she turned the TV off so he would eat his dinner.

Just edited to add, I don't necessarily mean hitting and the likes, just a firmer hand and being able to tell your child off or punish them without getting it thrown in your face. Sometimes telling them to stand on a mat in the hall and think about what they have done just doesn't cut it!

You're dead right. My sister is quite a good mother I think. Both herself and her husband are strict with the kids with regard to manners and behaviour. As a result their kids are really great to spend time with. I love having them to stay over and hang out with. Kids are kids though and will naturally push boundaries and test their limits........and their parent's!:D
    In contract my other sister's kids are spoiled rotten and we all dread seeing them come to visit. She lets them away with murder.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Look at you all clever and full of good ideas!! Must be the Friday coming through. :D
    Friday has been hiding away at the end of the longest week! But its here at last.:) Hope you all have a good one.

I had to resort to certain tactics back when TTC #1 ;).

I agree with discipline. My sister has the most well mannered kids. They are boisterous and fun loving, but dont answer back or be disrespectful, and she has never yelled, or smacked. She just uses consistency and it works. Such as reminding them nicely to say please and thank you all the time, not just some of the time, and doing it yourself, reminding them to use their "nice voice" to explain when they are upset or whatever.

What drives me cracked is someone who ignores their child when they are being called. I saw a woman with a child in the supermarket who started off nicely saying "excuse me mammy", was ignored so she repeated it about 20 times, increasing in volume /whiny level until the mother acted like she heard her for the first time, and shouted at her kid for being a whinge. :confused: If you answered your kid when she asked nicely and politely the first place she wouldnt have got upset, and neither would you!!

I had to resort to certain tactics back when TTC #1 ;).

I agree with discipline. My sister has the most well mannered kids. They are boisterous and fun loving, but dont answer back or be disrespectful, and she has never yelled, or smacked. She just uses consistency and it works. Such as reminding them nicely to say please and thank you all the time, not just some of the time, and doing it yourself, reminding them to use their "nice voice" to explain when they are upset or whatever.

What drives me cracked is someone who ignores their child when they are being called. I saw a woman with a child in the supermarket who started off nicely saying "excuse me mammy", was ignored so she repeated it about 20 times, increasing in volume /whiny level until the mother acted like she heard her for the first time, and shouted at her kid for being a whinge. :confused: If you answered your kid when she asked nicely and politely the first place she wouldnt have got upset, and neither would you!!

My mother minds a little boy who was less than mannerly when he started coming over. The change in him just from him learning that nice words mean nice results is incredible. Just a shame when hes back at home at the weekend that his mother unlearns the whole thing for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Well ladies, I'm officially in the 2 week wait. Feel really optimistic this month. For the first time in ages I got a definite LH surge on my opk, my basal body temperate peaked the day after & I felt ovulation pains so I'm pretty convinced we dtd a few times around my fertile window! I'm due to get day 3 bloods done when (if) my next period arrives, how great would it be to skip that & be getting a pregnancy test instead ;)

Does anyone know what are the chances of actually getting pregnant in a given month, assuming you dtd at the right time? I think I heard it was only something like 20% :( In saying that, I do feel good about this month & it would be lovely to be pregnant for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Well ladies, I'm officially in the 2 week wait. Feel really optimistic this month. For the first time in ages I got a definite LH surge on my opk, my basal body temperate peaked the day after & I felt ovulation pains so I'm pretty convinced we dtd a few times around my fertile window! I'm due to get day 3 bloods done when (if) my next period arrives, how great would it be to skip that & be getting a pregnancy test instead ;)

Does anyone know what are the chances of actually getting pregnant in a given month, assuming you dtd at the right time? I think I heard it was only something like 20% :( In saying that, I do feel good about this month & it would be lovely to be pregnant for Christmas!
    s

You have it right, 20% chance every cycle! Just as a comparative (we heard this at a fertility talk last week ) rats and rabbit have 80% each cycle!!!

stickybean wrote: »
    s

You have it right, 20% chance every cycle! Just as a comparative (we heard this at a fertility talk last week ) rats and rabbit have 80% each cycle!!!

Kinda wish the ol' rats had a lower %.:eek:

I'm still testing away with my OPKs. I've gotten a flashing smiley face again this morning. That is 5 days in a row. The actual smiley face to say "peak fertile period" should really come up this evening/tomorrow I'd think:confused:
    If so then we've gotten lucky in that way at least. My husband was in the Rotunda this morning to drop off this sample so we're cleared now to have sex. It was rather frustrating to see all the positive signs and indications on the OPK and yet not be able to take advantage due to the Rotunda appointment this morning.

Its funny, we've all commented on how much of a chore obligatory sex can be when you've been TTC for a while. We miss the spontaneous sex and lust and passion and all that stuff. This weekend when we couldn't have sex it was quite the chore to not.
    Humans are funny things.

20% chance! Can't believe it's so low for humans. We had visitors this weekend staying with us Fri, Sat & Sun. Naturally they expected to be taken out on the town and bottles of wine with dinner etc so yet again I found myself feeling obliged to drink the wknd after ovulating......this seems to happen to me every cycle; the wknd after ovulation I end up at a party or having dinner with friends etc. Why oh why is it so socially unacceptable in Irish circles to announce you're not drinking or not drinking very much?! You should have seen our guest's faces on Fri night when I said mine is a non-alcoholic beer thanks (this was after I drank wine with dinner + a pint of real beer afterwards)......they literally looked at me like I had 2 heads!! I managed to get away with: 2 glasses of wine +1 pint Fri night, 1 glass of wine on Sat and 2-3 glasses of wine last night......my crowning glory of d wknd was sneaking a mocktail in the cocktail bar we took them to last night and nobody noticing, hehe! I still have the guilt this morn tho, what if there was a little zygote inside me this wknd, swimming in my alcohol laden blood....will it have stopped being a sticky bean coz I had a few drinks?! I wish I could just stop drinking without people questioning as to why but this is Ireland, that will never happen!!

20% chance! Can't believe it's so low for humans. We had visitors this weekend staying with us Fri, Sat & Sun. Naturally they expected to be taken out on the town and bottles of wine with dinner etc so yet again I found myself feeling obliged to drink the wknd after ovulating......this seems to happen to me every cycle; the wknd after ovulation I end up at a party or having dinner with friends etc. Why oh why is it so socially unacceptable in Irish circles to announce you're not drinking or not drinking very much?! You should have seen our guest's faces on Fri night when I said mine is a non-alcoholic beer thanks (this was after I drank wine with dinner + a pint of real beer afterwards)......they literally looked at me like I had 2 heads!! I managed to get away with: 2 glasses of wine +1 pint Fri night, 1 glass of wine on Sat and 2-3 glasses of wine last night......my crowning glory of d wknd was sneaking a mocktail in the cocktail bar we took them to last night and nobody noticing, hehe! I still have the guilt this morn tho, what if there was a little zygote inside me this wknd, swimming in my alcohol laden blood....will it have stopped being a sticky bean coz I had a few drinks?! I wish I could just stop drinking without people questioning as to why but this is Ireland, that will never happen!![/QUOTE]

It depends on your company!!
    A friend of mine, whom I had been very concerned about over the last year or so on foot of her drinking has stopped totally. There was an incident during the summer that caused a big scare and really made them reassess their behaviour and habits and all that stuff.
    This resulted in a big life overhaul and my friend is in the finest of form now and its great to see. We have been on quite a few nights out since and its still soft drinks or non alcoholic beer all the way and we're all so proud of them that everyone only wants to be supportive. So there are none of those faces that you described.
    It is really annoying though when you might, for whatever reason, just not feel like having a drink and you get the following faces: :eek::rolleyes::mad::(:eek:

Last year, before we were TTC, my husband and myself were on a night out with some friends. It was the 3rd night out in a row for me and I was tired and just didn't feel like having a drink and so I drove in and out of town. On the way home my husband told me that almost all of his male friends had pulled him aside to say congratulations. When he asked what for they said my pregnancy. They assumed that because I wasn't drinking the only reason I could be was because I was pregnant.

It is really annoying though when you might, for whatever reason, just not feel like having a drink and you get the following faces: :eek::rolleyes::mad::(:eek:
    [/quote]

The 2 acceptable reasons for not drinking in Ireland: having.g a suspected drinking problem or being pregnant!! ;-)
    Even the old antibiotics excuse doesn't cut it anymore ...

These particular guests would have 100% assumed I was pregnant if I had announced I wasn't drinking this wknd.

This TTC has really made me realise that people can have a reason for not drinkingor not drinking a lot other than that they're pregnant and also it could be a personal reason i.e. they prob don't want to discuss it with a crowd around!

The excuses I've used:

Too hungover from a night out the night before. Around Christmas its a good one to use, just say it was your work party.
    Designated driver.
    Antibiotics for a kidney infection/uti (alcohol can also aggravate a uti) but it had about a 50% believability rate.

The excuses I've used:

Too hungover from a night out the night before. Around Christmas its a good one to use, just say it was your work party.
    Designated driver.
    Antibiotics for a kidney infection/uti (alcohol can also aggravate a uti) but it had about a 50% believability rate.

Flagyl. That is one of two antibiotics you really really can't mix with alcohol. The other is Simplotan. If you drink alcohol with these guys you'll be super sick (vomiting, the works) with as little as one drink.
    They are strong antibiotics often used when the first line treatment won't work or if you're like me and allergic to penicillin.

If you want to trot out the antibiotics line say you're on either of the above and regale the audience with your knowledge. They'll forget about you're not drinking soon as they'll start off with their "one time I was so sick....." stories.

The excuses I've used:

Designated driver.

I always said I was dying from "last night" when I shared a few bottles of wine with a girlfriend in the house. Everyone knows how palatic us women can get on wine, and how nasty the hangovers are! I offer first round, or go up first just in case and tip the barman off that I'll be on "X" all night and I want it non-alcoholic but not to let on. They're usually very good and then if someone offered to buy me one, they wouldn't suspect there was nothing in it!

• Advertisement

Right ladies ye've inspired me......I clearly need to step up the excuses from now on. To be honest, ideally I'd prefer not to drink at all during the 2 week wait. From now on I'm going to try designated driver as much as possible, failing that (e.g. like this weekend when have house guests) I'll say I had a kidney infection that normal antibiotics didn't clear so I had to get Flagyl and Simpleton (thanks for those names Penny Dreadful!!) to try and clear it!

The stupid thing is this weekend as I was host and our visitors had travelled a long distance to visit, I knew they'd have more fun if I was drinking (coz otherwise they wouldn't feel comfortable drinking if I wasn't) so my hostess with the mostess reaction kicked in and I felt like I HAD to drink at least a few here and there. Really silly.....I need to get my priorities straight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement