Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Lucuma wrote: »
    Spirulina is algae (the green stuff you see growing in ponds +rivers) one of natures super foods apparently. We each have to take 3 teaspoons per day, Yock :-o
    I thought the powder (dissolved in a little warm water) would be easier than swallowing d big spirulina tablets but it's tough going!

Ugh! God the things we do. We were on the eskimo oil. Not pleasant either. He was on vitiam c, seemingly hardens the head of the sperm, plus the normal supplements. This time just on the supplements. Gave up the rest and the acupunture as I didn't enjoy it. Instead I'm treating myself to facials. Much more enjoyable :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Spirulina is algae (the green stuff you see growing in ponds +rivers) one of natures super foods apparently. We each have to take 3 teaspoons per day, Yock :-o
    I thought the powder (dissolved in a little warm water) would be easier than swallowing d big spirulina tablets but it's tough going!

I see is that in boots aswell? Can himself take it? Don't know what way this sa will go.. hope you ok too

Thanks. Tbh at the moment I'm in a very low place :-( Feel like I've had bugger all time to prepare for this. I've gone from thinking I was married to Fertile Fred to facing IVF (IVF!!!) in less than 6 months. That's the 2nd time I've started hyperventilating at the thought of IVF in d last week.

I just wish this wasn't my life. When is someone going to wake me up & tell me ha ha, big joke this isn't happening to you?

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Its a very lonely place to be.
    If ivf is the way for you can I just say from experience that once your doing it its easier to focus. When your sitting across the desk from the doctor and they are talking about it, it does scare you but once you're actually breaking it down into each step its manageable.
    Its ok to be an emotional wreck. I've cried so much this year I didn't think it was possible. The people you deal with through the process are very understanding so don't feel you have to hide your feelings.
    These no easy solution. If you want to cry do!
    How is your OH copeing with all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I was just thinking that the other night at the meeting . We know we're doin ivf I wish they would just start and stop telling me everything that's gonna happen and just get into it . It scares you hearing what you have you to do.

I was just thinking that the other night at the meeting . We know we're doin ivf I wish they would just start and stop telling me everything that's gonna happen and just get into it . It scares you hearing what you have you to do.

• Advertisement

bobskii wrote: »

Yeah the talk out of some of them would scare you half to death and in your head you're panicking if you will be able to do it. Its the unknown of it all. Although you'll be the scary one when your in the middle of it, my poor hubby probably wish he worked away from home when the hormones are raging!

When are you hoping start bobskii?

I'm dreading the hormones I was a complete mare when I was takin clomid!!!they told us Monday we will hear from them within the week and start from there . At this stage I just want to get started so I can stop thinking about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Our kitchen morning vitamin/supplement run!!

The Spirulina powder is the worst, it's so yock it has to be good for ya!

Can you take spirulina in tablet form instead or does it have to be powder? The tablets I has we're only small round ones. I used to take it that way and you only tasted it for a second. It is a mank taste though :)

I'm dreading the hormones I was a complete mare when I was takin closed!!!they told us Monday we will hear from them within the week and start from there . At this stage I just want to get started so I can stop thinking about it!

Well good luck with it all. Though starting it won't stop you thinking about it!!
    I've only to get through tomorrow and then its transfer day Friday!! Trying to manage my expectations this time but hopeful!

• Advertisement

Lol.I know but thinking about what's gonna take place is tormenting my head!I know myself once I get started ill focus better . I hope your back on telling us it was a success xx

do you mind me asking what clinic your with?

I'm dreading the hormones I was a complete mare when I was takin closed!!!they told us Monday we will hear from them within the week and start from there . At this stage I just want to get started so I can stop thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

llambert wrote: »
    I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Its a very lonely place to be.
    If ivf is the way for you can I just say from experience that once your doing it its easier to focus. When your sitting across the desk from the doctor and they are talking about it, it does scare you but once you're actually breaking it down into each step its manageable.
    Its ok to be an emotional wreck. I've cried so much this year I didn't think it was possible. The people you deal with through the process are very understanding so don't feel you have to hide your feelings.
    These no easy solution. If you want to cry do!
    How is your OH copeing with all this?

Yeah he's fairly sad as well, quite down. He is really really focused on his diet and exercise regime though, he's in the gym as we speak...tried to persuade me to go - needless to say I'm sat here!
    - he's going 3 times a week and eating all fish, veggies, off the drink etc etc. I think the SA results freaked the hell out of him, he said to me himself he thought he was the most fertile man in Ireland until he got those!

He does make me laugh though I have to say (shur if you can't laugh....) like I was explaining IUI and IVF wICSI to him and I said IUI is about putting the sperm and the egg in the same place and seeing what happens and he said ''So IUI is kind of like internet dating, but IVF is more like an arranged marriage?'
    :D

Lol.I know but thinking about what's gonna take place is tormenting my head!I know myself once I get started ill focus better . I hope your back on telling us it was a success xx

do you mind me asking what clinic your with?

Me too xx

We are attending Brooklawn in Galway. We have a female consultant who is really great.
    They have of those new machine which constantly take pictures of the embryos so they can select the strongest for transfer. I was listening to the radio one evening and another clinic in Dublin had the same machines but increased the price if you wanted to use them. In this clinic they don't which is decent as its expensive enough.
    Where will you be attending?

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Can you take spirulina in tablet form instead or does it have to be powder? The tablets I has we're only small round ones. I used to take it that way and you only tasted it for a second. It is a mank taste though :)

Yeah I got Spirulina tablets before though and they were so big they used to stick in my throat and I found them really hard to take so I said I'd try the powder this time. As Lucyfur said I need to start putting it into juice.

My shopping list for tomorrow evening late night shopping:
    -Juicer/blender
    -hand blender for making soup
    !

The hari in Dublin . I have my reservations about it but my husbands thinks it grand,altho that's his general out look on life . I don't really want to change at this late stage either but I'm 100% comfortable in it.

The hari in Dublin . I have my reservations about it but my husbands thinks it grand,altho that's his general out look on life . I don't really want to change at this late stage either but I'm not 100% comfortable in it.

The hari in Dublin . I have my reservations about it but my husbands thinks it grand,altho that's his general out look on life . I don't really want to change at this late stage either but I'm 100% comfortable in it.

If your not happy you should change though they might charge you for your file but not sure. You're spending alot so you should feel comfortable.
    I don't know anything about it but maybe someone on this can set your mind at ease.

Yeah he's fairly sad as well, quite down. He is really really focused on his diet and exercise regime though, he's in the gym as we speak...tried to persuade me to go - needless to say I'm sat here!
    - he's going 3 times a week and eating all fish, veggies, off the drink etc etc. I think the SA results freaked the hell out of him, he said to me himself he thought he was the most fertile man in Ireland until he got those!

He does make me laugh though I have to say (shur if you can't laugh....) like I was explaining IUI and IVF wICSI to him and I said IUI is about putting the sperm and the egg in the same place and seeing what happens and he said ''So IUI is kind of like internet dating, but IVF is more like an arranged marriage?'
    :D

Well at least he has a sense of humour about it. Its tough for the men. When the issue is with the women its a medical condition but for the men its always seen as abit of a laugh.
    Good for him with the lifestyle changes they can help. Remember if you do the ivf you only need the same amount of sperm as eggs if you do ICSI so once he has some that's all he needs!
    I know since the meeting in the clinic where the advised the women to take it easy on the exercise I didn't need to be told twice...........any excuse :-)

Why easy on the exercise?that's the only thing that keeps me sane . altho spin I could skip now and again :P

• Advertisement

Why easy on the exercise?that's the only thing that keeps me sane . altho spin I could skip now and again :P

Ah I think they just don't want you doing anything crazy that could affect your cycle but you'd want to be doing some serious training for that to happen.
    I'm just lazy so I took her advice to the extreme ha ha! Just walking the dog these days.

Lol some days i wish someone would tell me lay off it . love running tho!!

Lol some days i wish someone would tell me lay off it . love running tho!!

Good for you Bobskii. That sounds really healthy & positive

It's just somethin i started a few years ago after losing weight.love it now great for clearing your mind!

It's just somethin i started a few years ago after losing weight.love it now great for clearing your mind!

Yeah brilliant for that. I gave it up during the summer during my first cycle and didn't get back into it. However I did get a dog who drags me around our 6km walk so we night aswell be running.

I cut down a bit cos my knees were giving trouble but the days I get out I love it . spin on the other hand is the exercise the devil invented!!!

I cut down a bit cos my knees were giving trouble but the days I get out I love it . spin on the other hand is the exercise the devil invented!!!

Ha too true but stay he's a fairly fit devil, very effective torture!

That is true!!I'll keep at it till I'm told otherwise..
    It will help keep my mind off the next step!hope all goes well for you tomorrow xx

It will help keep my mind off the next step!hope all goes well for you tomorrow xx

• Advertisement

Thanks I'm in at half 9 will have fingers and toes crossed. Off too bed now but think sleep will bring hard to come by!

Keep doing whatever your doing, whatever gets you though x x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement