Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

bobskii wrote: »
    7.30 am tin of paint falls out of the press explodes all over the walls door presses . hubby says good luck as he closes the door(he is still alive) and leaves me to clean up.
    Make it to work covered in paint only to discover I've gotten my period,thanks mother nature but it's only day 26 jog on!!

Grrrrrr I could easily cry but I won't!!

ladies this whole business would torment your soul!Lucuma your allowed wallow it's only natural but at least your making changes for the better.

lambert I still have everything crossed for you .

Oh bobskii what a crap day. The paint would have been enough without Aunt Flo making an appearance. Your hubby would probably not have made it out alive if you had discovered that delightful news first!!
    Thanks for your kind thoughts, back on track today, yesterday was just a wobble. Only have a week to go till the test so going to try stay as positive as I can.
    Got my poor dog neutered on Monday so minding him & trying to win back his love is keeping me busy!! Its all going on in that area in our house this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Ha, 25 day cycle is normal for me Bobskii, even on d longer side for me! What's normal for you though? Aunt Flo is never welcome though, regardless of what day she chooses to arrive!

Had 1st appointment in fertility clinic near work. I was extremely stressed & anxious throughout. I even ended up having words with the doctor....after she told me I have to repeat smear test, general bloods and hubby has to do semen analysis again!! - for the 3rd time can u believe, after dropping 240 already at the Hari, and me paying ...I dunno, over 200 on tests already at this stage. Grrrrrr!!

She said even if we got the tests done down the road, they would still make us repeat them but I wonder if it's just coz they are in English and not the local language so she doesn't instantly recognise the format of d results sheet but whatever the reason, Grr grr grrrrrr!!!

The questions we were asked!! Put it this way, you wouldn't want any skeletons in your closet hidden from each other! (we don't)also I was asked to recall what age I was when I got my first period and what my first few periods were like, I need to go home & dig my teenage diaries out of d attic*- all that stuff is detailed ad nauseam in there!!
    I didn't cry til the bit where we sat down with d receptionist giving our passports &health insurance, I saw on the cork board behind her desk all these cards stuck up, you know the ones that people send when they have a new baby, with the babies name on front? THAT set me off!!

Went into toilets , gave myself a few sharp slaps across d face worked a treat. Was able to get through chat with nurse where all d repeat tests are scheduled.

One thing I was impressed by, they are going to investigate why my OH's semen is the way it is, not just launch straight into IVF. He's getting an ultrasound done on his scrotum. Oh and I was given a card to record my temperature every morning from now on, digital thermometer in my anus she said, before I get out of bed. Must we suffer these indignaties?! :-(

Lucuma wrote: »
    Ha, 25 day cycle is normal for me Bobskii, even on d longer side for me! What's normal for you though? Aunt Flo is never welcome though, regardless of what day she chooses to arrive!

Had 1st appointment in fertility clinic near work. I was extremely stressed & anxious throughout. I even ended up having words with the doctor....after she told me I have to repeat smear test, general bloods and hubby has to do semen analysis again!! - for the 3rd time can u believe, after dropping 240 already at the Hari, and me paying ...I dunno, over 200 on tests already at this stage. Grrrrrr!!

She said even if we got the tests done down the road, they would still make us repeat them but I wonder if it's just coz they are in English and not the local language so she doesn't instantly recognise the format of d results sheet but whatever the reason, Grr grr grrrrrr!!!

The questions we were asked!! Put it this way, you wouldn't want any skeletons in your closet hidden from each other! (we don't)also I was asked to recall what age I was when I got my first period and what my first few periods were like, I need to go home & dig my teenage diaries out of d attic*- all that stuff is detailed ad nauseam in there!!
    I didn't cry til the bit where we sat down with d receptionist giving our passports &health insurance, I saw on the cork board behind her desk all these cards stuck up, you know the ones that people send when they have a new baby, with the babies name on front? THAT set me off!!

Went into toilets , gave myself a few sharp slaps across d face worked a treat. Was able to get through chat with nurse where all d repeat tests are scheduled.

One thing I was impressed by, they are going to investigate why my OH's semen is the way it is, not just launch straight into IVF. He's getting an ultrasound done on his scrotum. Oh and I was given a card to record my temperature every morning from now on, digital thermometer in my anus she said, before I get out of bed. Must we suffer these indignaties?! :-(

What reason did she give for having to repeat all these tests again? Where did you do them the first two times?
    We did our initial bloods with our GP but the clinic had them when we went to see the consultant. Seems very strange and does add to your stress, hard to get going on the next stage when they have you repeating the first stage.
    Good though what they are doing with your hubby. Are they sending his SA away for a DNA analysis. As far as I know it can't be done in Ireland but sent to France maybe that's different now since we started. It looks at the structure of the sperm. More detailed than standard SA. At the time it was €300.
    Try stay positive hopefully one day you'll have your card on the board x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

30 day cycle for me is normal seldom any different!!Thank god that day is over is all ill say.

indignities is rite,nothing like a thermometer stuck up yonder first thing in the morning eh!its good that they are investigating your husbands seem . I like to know the reasons for things instead of the blank stares I'm used to!
    Lambert good to hear your back on the positive.

30 day cycle for me is normal seldom any different!!Thank god that day is over is all ill say.

indignities is rite,nothing like a thermometer stuck up yonder first thing in the morning eh!its good that they are investigating your husbands seem . I like to know the reasons for things instead of the blank stares I'm used to!
    Lambert good to hear your back on the positive.

• Advertisement

Oh and your poor dog:(
    He'll forgive you eventually!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 petalchild

Hi Ladies,
    Just thought I would join ye here for some support as I am feeling more and more isolated as this goes on. Today I am officially 13 months ttc and the lovely AF has just arrived. I have been getting progressively sadder and sadder each month and I think this month my husband thinks I have officially gone over the edge into looneyville.

I was one of the first of my friends to get married and yet slowly each one of them have been announcing their impending arrivals. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted for them but it does make me feel with a bang just how much it is not happening for us. :(:( Doesn't help that they keep dropping hints on how I should join their club! :mad:
    This week, I have had 3 announcements alone (including one to a friend who didnt plan it at all) and I am feeling a bit cheated.

Have had my bloods taken and all appears okay and waiting for SA results from the hubby. Fingers crossed. Anyway, sorry for the long post but it is nice to be able to say it to people who are going through the same and not just the OH!

petalchild wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Just thought I would join ye here for some support as I am feeling more and more isolated as this goes on. Today I am officially 13 months ttc and the lovely AF has just arrived. I have been getting progressively sadder and sadder each month and I think this month my husband thinks I have officially gone over the edge into looneyville.

I was one of the first of my friends to get married and yet slowly each one of them have been announcing their impending arrivals. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted for them but it does make me feel with a bang just how much it is not happening for us. :(:( Doesn't help that they keep dropping hints on how I should join their club! :mad:
    This week, I have had 3 announcements alone (including one to a friend who didnt plan it at all) and I am feeling a bit cheated.

Have had my bloods taken and all appears okay and waiting for SA results from the hubby. Fingers crossed. Anyway, sorry for the long post but it is nice to be able to say it to people who are going through the same and not just the OH!

Hey petalchild, sorry to hear that you are feeling so isolated at the moment. Its very difficult when you seem the only couple who are in childless boat.
    Its good that your bloods look ok, hopefully the SA will be good too.
    I know it seems like you're in Looneyville but better that you can get it out.
    People are very insensitive about this issue. If we had an actually illness no-one would dare say anything but some people think nothing of saying their two cent about our childless state.
    We're over 4 years married and have lost count of the comments, hard to rise above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

llambert wrote: »
    Hey petalchild, sorry to hear that you are feeling so isolated at the moment. Its very difficult when you seem the only couple who are in childless boat.
    Its good that your bloods look ok, hopefully the SA will be good too.
    I know it seems like you're in Looneyville but better that you can get it out.
    People are very insensitive about this issue. If we had an actually illness no-one would dare say anything but some people think nothing of saying their two cent about our childless state.
    We're over 4 years married and have lost count of the comments, hard to rise above it.

Looneyville just got a brand new resident. I just burst into tears in front of my boss:eek::o
    I'm not sure I even know why. I found out that this guy (who I always thought was gay) is married and himself and his wife are having their baby in January. Didn't think I was overly bothered by the baby news - possibly more shocked that it was a woman he was married to - went to meeting with my boss who really can be an ass sometimes. Thought was doing ok but he really put me through the ringer for something that I shouldn't even have known how to do and yet he made me feel so bloody stupid for not knowing how to do it and on and on he went. He asked me a question and I just burst into tears.
    I'm not sure who was the most shocked him or me:o
    He was very nice after though.
    Mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 petalchild

Thanks llambert, It really is nice to know that thought it feels like were on our own going through this that other people know what it feels like.

oh dear!!- I am so glad to see I am in good company here in Looneyville!! I think the crying is definitely the most mortifying of looneyville symptoms. On the flip side though, might make your boss think a bit before laying into you again penny Dreadfull!
    I had to do multiple laps around the park near the office before I could come into work this morning in the hope that my puffy eyes would die down before I got to the desk!! met a few people from the office on route who thought I was mental walking away from the office. Oh well....

• Advertisement

petalchild wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Petalchild we all know how you feel in here don't worry, with bells on!

That must be tough being one of the first of the friends to get married and that you feel that others are now passing you out. Reminds me of one of my friends, the first of the gang to get married in '07. Because she openly said she was in no rush for kids at the start, and the years went on and some of hte other girls got married & had babies and she didn't, I asked her at a wedding 2 years ago if she & her hubby were planning on having kids? She said 'Oh yeah'' etc. I now look back at that moment and cringe, cringe, cringe. If I knew then what I know now......anyway the upshot is she had a baby recently, her first after being 6 years married I was delighted for her.
    If your bloods are fine that is HUGELY positive!! You should be really happy about that honestly, there are many people who get results back showing they have reduced ovarian reserve, or that they're not ovulating, or that they possibly have polycystic ovaries so chin up! And if hubby's SA doesn't come back good, that can be significantly improved by lifestyle changes such as giving up smoking, losing weight, cutting down alcohol and changing his diet.

Stress doesn't help though! The lovely nurse taking my blood today in teh expat clinic gave me some advice when I told her I was TTC, she said getting stressed actually is a catch 22. You're stressed because you are having problems TTC, but stress can actually cause fertility problems so she said I should try to get more exercise like going for a walk or going to the gym to try and work the stress out of my body. And she said 'try to enjoy it' - wise words!! I really need to take that advice

What reason did she give for having to repeat all these tests again? Where did you do them the first two times?
    We did our initial bloods with our GP but the clinic had them when we went to see the consultant. Seems very strange and does add to your stress, hard to get going on the next stage when they have you repeating the first stage.
    Good though what they are doing with your hubby. Are they sending his SA away for a DNA analysis. As far as I know it can't be done in Ireland but sent to France maybe that's different now since we started. It looks at the structure of the sperm. More detailed than standard SA. At the time it was €300.
    Try stay positive hopefully one day you'll have your card on the board x x

Ah stop, after reading this I burst into tears again! (looneyville is well populated today girls!) Thanks hon xx

First 2 SA were done in the Hari. His virals (HIV,HepC etc) were done in GP in Dublin. My smear and bloods (a complete overal check of everything) were done by GP in Cork (so tested in I assume CUH?). And she turned her nose up at the lot!

I challenged her on the smear in particular (I hate giving those things!) it was done in August I said why does it have to be done again? She said it didn't have all the information she needed. I asked her what was missing? She drew a graph of the cervix and said just because there are no cancerous cells around the edge of the cervix doesn't mean there aren't any further in the mouth of the cervix, she said for IVF they'll be putting embryos into me with a catheter and they want to make sure they're not pushing it through cervical cancerous cells. I was beginning to lose the rag at this stage and I said to her ''Are you saying that even though my doctor told me I have a good smear and don't have cervical cancer, youre saying in fact I could have cervical cancer?'' and she said something else then I asked her is she saying that smears done in Ireland are not done properly? (something I find very hard to believe!) at this stage hubby was looking at the floor in embarassment and muttering something like ''I think it's just procedure love'' to me. She was able to give as good as she got, she told me that if I want to use the results from teh irish hospitals why don't I go back and have my IVF done there so? (eh coz it's free here love, in Ireland I have to pay for this!) don't worry I didn't say that to her, I just shut up then and resigned myself to the fact, it's her way or the highway so we go through all tests again :mad:

Ah stop, after reading this I burst into tears again! (looneyville is well populated today girls!) Thanks hon xx

First 2 SA were done in the Hari. His virals (HIV,HepC etc) were done in GP in Dublin. My smear and bloods (a complete overal check of everything) were done by GP in Cork (so tested in I assume CUH?). And she turned her nose up at the lot!

I challenged her on the smear in particular (I hate giving those things!) it was done in August I said why does it have to be done again? She said it didn't have all the information she needed. I asked her what was missing? She drew a graph of the cervix and said just because there are no cancerous cells around the edge of the cervix doesn't mean there aren't any further in the mouth of the cervix, she said for IVF they'll be putting embryos into me with a catheter and they want to make sure they're not pushing it through cervical cancerous cells. I was beginning to lose the rag at this stage and I said to her ''Are you saying that even though my doctor told me I have a good smear and don't have cervical cancer, youre saying in fact I could have cervical cancer?'' and she said something else then I asked her is she saying that smears done in Ireland are not done properly? (something I find very hard to believe!) at this stage hubby was looking at the floor in embarassment and muttering something like ''I think it's just procedure love'' to me. She was able to give as good as she got, she told me that if I want to use the results from teh irish hospitals why don't I go back and have my IVF done there so? (eh coz it's free here love, in Ireland I have to pay for this!) don't worry I didn't say that to her, I just shut up then and resigned myself to the fact, it's her way or the highway so we go through all tests again :mad:

Ha ha was just laughing when I was reading your description of this snotty cow thinking I would have slapped my fairy out and lay across her desk until you got to the free treatment bit and then I literally would have got back in my box!!

Ireland should take heed and look at the cost of treatment. When I first went to GP was told that I'd be waiting at least 3 years to see someone and then however long for testing etc. Its a disgrace that couples in this situation who can't afford treatment have no choice only to accept their situation.

I definately agreee there Llambert waitin times are a joke!!

I definately agreee there Llambert waitin times are a joke!!

Yeah but once you pony up the dough its a different story. We were seen by the consultant within 4 weeks and had all results in no time. I did go public for the laposopy, d&c and can't remember name of third thing but as I went through my consultant only had to wait 5 months. Not too bad as my friend went private and she had to wait just over 3 months with the same consultant. I'll be looking forward to my P60 this year so I can claim back tax on anything I can. Not much but at least my credit card can stop groaning with the weight its under!!

Yeh were in the private clinic now and it's only now we are getting a move on!Were got an appointment for january so that was 4 weeks exactly,after 4 long years it's light at the end of the tunnel.

My period mysteriously disappeared again this mornin,think she's messin with my head.Wagon that she is!!!

Yeh were in the private clinic now and it's only now we are getting a move on!Were got an appointment for january so that was 4 weeks exactly,after 4 long years it's light at the end of the tunnel.

Terrible though that you had to wait that long. We had to make big sacrifices this year so we could pay for the ivf cycles. Know Idon't really care about the money but unfortunately it is a big factor. There has to be a point for us when we will say enough but I'll worry about that when we get the results of this cycle.

i wish it was like the nhs and you get at least one free go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Day 28 in the Big Brother House and angeldelight is cracking up!

Read everyday but usually on my phone so don't get to post often, agree with you - one free round of ivf when all other avenues have been exhausted seems fair

Ireland should take heed and look at the cost of treatment. Its a disgrace that couples in this situation who can't afford treatment have no choice only to accept their situation.

Hear hear. A disgrace.

Well I mentioned that I got a 'day 21' progesterone result of 14.7. Of course via Google I learned that this should be over 30 to indicate ovulation. I was devestated. Then I bucked up & started researching and thinking about it logically and after discussion with GP in Ireland, came up with the theory that coz of my 24 day cycles, perhaps for me 'day 21' i.e progesterone peak day is more like day 18 or so.

So this cycle I started playing 'hunt the progesterone peak'. Got bloods drawn yesterday (CD18) and again today CD19 but when I was in doc today waiting d receptionist mentioned d results from yesterday's test are in if I want to see them? I walked in and looked at her computer with a pounding heart....

Progesterone : 35 nmol/l

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I feel like singing from the rooftops!! I knew all those +ve opks couldn't have all been wrong ;o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Hear hear. A disgrace.

Well I mentioned that I got a 'day 21' progesterone result of 14.7. Of course via Google I learned that this should be over 30 to indicate ovulation. I was I was devestated. Then I bucked up & started researching and thinking about it logically and after discussion with GP in Ireland, came up with the theory that coz of my 24 day cycles, perhaps for me 'day 21' i.e progesterone peak day is more like day 18 or so.

So this cycle I started playing 'hunt the progesterone peak'. Got bloods drawn yesterday (CD18) and again today CD19 but when I was in doc today waiting d receptionist mentioned d results from yesterday's test are in if I want to see them? I walked in and looked at her computer with a pounding heart....

I feel like singing from the rooftops!! I knew all those +ve opks couldn't have all been wrong ;o)

Thats great news, delighted for you.

My husband is meeting his GP later to get the results of his semen analysis. My bloods, taken over a number of cycles, definitely indicate that I'm not ovulating, so really hoping for some good news later today.

On another note, I'll be interested to see how detailed the results are. The test was done in Hari & I'm wondering how much more detailed the analysis might be when compared with the standard rotunda test, considering the price difference between the two.

Good news Lucuma delighted for you!!!!!

TomeeTipee wrote: »

My husband is meeting his GP later to get the results of his semen analysis. My bloods, taken over a number of cycles, definitely indicate that I'm not ovulating, so really hoping for some good news later today.

On another note, I'll be interested to see how detailed the results are. The test was done in Hari & I'm wondering how much more detailed the analysis might be when compared with the standard rotunda test, considering the price difference between the two.

Hope yee get some good news later with the hubby.

TomeeTipee wrote: »

Thanks, it's just such a relief that at least one test that me or my hubby did actually passed. Next week I'm going to repeat day 3 FSH and get it tested in Ireland. I'm also waiting on AMH (dreading that based on the day 3 FSH I got) next week but for now I'll smile and enjoy some rare good news!

Fingers crossed for your hubby.
    I'm oh-too-familiar with that Hari test result sheet now after poring over it.

Just one thing to note, for motility the Hari sheet indicates this needs to be above 50, but if you read up on it, the World Health Organisation has classified 40 as normal.

Thanks, it's just such a relief that at least one test that me or my hubby did actually passed. Next week I'm going to repeat day 3 FSH and get it tested in Ireland. I'm also waiting on AMH (dreading that based on the day 3 FSH I got) next week but for now I'll smile and enjoy some rare good news!

Fingers crossed for your hubby.
    I'm oh-too-familiar with that Hari test result sheet now after poring over it.

Just one thing to note, for motility the Hari sheet indicates this needs to be above 50, but if you read up on it, the World Health Organisation has classified 40 as normal.

When I was with my GP and he was giving the results of my husbands semen analysis he said this too. My husband scored well over average for quantity and all that stuff but the motility was slower at 46. However because the rest of the result (with the exception of one other bloody thing that I still can't remember:() was so good that the two that weren't knocked out of the park were cancelled out and so would be fine.
    I'm going back on the 17th for Day 21 bloods again to ensure the progesterone levels are checked this time and I'll ask for a print out of the semen analysis results so I have all the information in front of me.

On a lighter note, after my trip to Looneyville earlier this week my boss is being hillarious around me i.e. he is looking terrified everytime he speaks to me and after everything he says asks "is that ok Penny, are you sure??" Torn between being mortified and finding it hillarious. :)
    Christmas party this evening and I want to go as much as I want a hole in the head. I'm 95% not going but 5% of me wonders if this is a mistake and I should go for the sake of appearances.
    Also, using the opks all week and after a negative on Monday its been smiley flashing faces from Tuesday and we've done the deed Tuesday, Thursday and I'm still awaiting the single non flashing smiley face. Hopefully we're getting the timing right and this will be the best way ever to finish off the year for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Quick and possibly silly question guys, if you get your period does it mean you ovulated? Reading conflicting info online. My period feels like its on the way but had zero signs of ovulation this month (wasn't using the sticks so don't know for sure)

Quick and possibly silly question guys, if you get your period does it mean you ovulated? Reading conflicting info online. My period feels like its on the way but had zero signs of ovulation this month (wasn't using the sticks so don't know for sure)

No it does not sorry. You will still get your period regardless of whether you ovulated or not.

There are a few ways to check if you ovulated - if you don't want to use opks (and to be honest I can see why you would want to try for a few months first without using them - they can be responsible for a lot of stress and are a serious passion killer) your best bet is to check out for signs of egg white cervial mucus. That's discharge in other words. Not just normal clumpy whiteish discharge but Slippery, shiney, stringy, see-through stuff that looks like egg white. If you're ovulating, you should see that coming around midway through your cycle. In my case I get it every day for a week (or more) but in my first few months off the pill I didn't get it at all. I'll never forget the first day I saw it (about 6 months after I came off the pill). I was so happy!

Then maybe after a few months you can start taking your temperature or using opks but for the moment, the egg white cm is your best indicator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Thanks, I thought as much. No EWCM at all this month or twinges. Going to do a serious diet straight after Christmas as I have a gut feeling its all down to my weight. Well if this doesn't motivate me nothing will!

When I was with my GP and he was giving the results of my husbands semen analysis he said this too. My husband scored well over average for quantity and all that stuff but the motility was slower at 46. However because the rest of the result (with the exception of one other bloody thing that I still can't remember:() was so good that the two that weren't knocked out of the park were cancelled out and so would be fine.
    I'm going back on the 17th for Day 21 bloods again to ensure the progesterone levels are checked this time and I'll ask for a print out of the semen analysis results so I have all the information in front of me.

On a lighter note, after my trip to Looneyville earlier this week my boss is being hillarious around me i.e. he is looking terrified everytime he speaks to me and after everything he says asks "is that ok Penny, are you sure??" Torn between being mortified and finding it hillarious. :)
    Christmas party this evening and I want to go as much as I want a hole in the head. I'm 95% not going but 5% of me wonders if this is a mistake and I should go for the sake of appearances.
    Also, using the opks all week and after a negative on Monday its been smiley flashing faces from Tuesday and we've done the deed Tuesday, Thursday and I'm still awaiting the single non flashing smiley face. Hopefully we're getting the timing right and this will be the best way ever to finish off the year for us!

Good enough for your boss, even though he doesn't know you're going through a ****e time he shouldn't treat people so badly.
    I think you should go to the party, can help take your mind off things.
    I missed mine last week cos I'd only have the transfer the day before. I'm slowly going crazy. Took time off work this time as last time after the transfer I was like a crazy person and left work twice in tears so decide to avoid that drama this time. But I'm in lock down in the house as most of the people I work with think I'm off sick so don't want to bump into anyone. Hubby really busy in work and family far away so cabin fever getting in!
    I hope that this is your month would be a lovely pressie x x

• Advertisement

Good enough for your boss, even though he doesn't know you're going through a ****e time he shouldn't treat people so badly.
    I think you should go to the party, can help take your mind off things.
    I missed mine last week cos I'd only have the transfer the day before. I'm slowly going crazy. Took time off work this time as last time after the transfer I was like a crazy person and left work twice in tears so decide to avoid that drama this time. But I'm in lock down in the house as most of the people I work with think I'm off sick so don't want to bump into anyone. Hubby really busy in work and family far away so cabin fever getting in!
    I hope that this is your month would be a lovely pressie x x

It might and could end up being a great night ............although I really doubt that. It would be a real work night out rather than a night out with your peers and people you work with if that makes any sense.
    I'd like to keep the money for myself and spend it on something I'd like rather than a duty night out. However I am concerned about how it would look if I don't put in an appearance.
    When did I get so old that Christmas parties are an endurance rather than something I looked forward to:):p:o

I'd call over to your house with tea, chipsticks, snowballs (I LOVE them), and we could watch great TV all night in our super comfy Friday evening clothes. :D:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement