Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

God what a really awful experience for you nemo. The cramping I had was more like bad period pain 2 days after transfer. I think my consultant thought it was catheter placement and tests why she decided to do the next one.

Ivf was our only treatment as we weren't suitable to the others so always expected the first cycle to be a little unsure.

I was actually on my way to clinic when they rang to cancel transfer as blast hadn't formed on any of the 2 remaining. It was the only day that my hubby had to be in work, he had said that date from start, we didn't think we'd be so unlucky that would be the day of transfer but sods law of course it was.

The embryologist was lovely and told me that she didn't expect anything to change with them. In one she could see the cells were dying and expected the same with the other one.

You can image the state I was in. Got phone call at 9am the next day to say the blast had formed on last one and they thought it was worth a try. I was brought into the lab and shown the development of the embryo that was been transfered. I think this was to reassure me that blast had formed. There was another thing that they like to see formed before transfer but cannot think of what it was called but anyway this embryo hadn't formed it yet but as it was all we had felt it was worth the try.

I think this plus the stressed out state I was in meant I was never going to get a positive result.

Anyway my only advice is to go in to your post consult with your questions wrote down because I got very emotionally talking about it and wouldn't have remembered half of them. Do not leave until you feel that you are satisfied with what you've heard and happy with the plan they put on place if you decide to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Wow llambert, It's crazy everything we have to go through to get our happy ending isn't it. Like you said... there was no doubt all of that had to have an affect on you and your body.

Did you go straight into cycle 2 i.e 3 periods later?

Have all my questions written down and just got off the phone from booking the consult. It's a phone consult so I won't let him off the phone until I have everything answered and my OH will be with me aswell so he won't let me forget anything.

Best of luck for the last couple of weeks.. you'll be on cloud 9 once your gorgeous twins get here xx

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Yeah nemo we went straight into cycle 2. We had said from the start we'd only do 2 cycles and if we went successful go on with our lives (even though I think we would have tried a third time). I just wanted to put 2013 behind me and start the new year either pregnant or an acceptance I wasn't going to have kids.

God you think with all the money that it costs they'd at least give a face to face consultation. I guess different clinics have different practices. At least your OH will be there to support you which is great cos at the end of it all its only you and him going through it.

Thanks for your good wishes. I really hope the next cycle is your one x x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

CD14 here, I've not ovulated yet but don't suppose I will till next week.
    Have just been reading about secondary infertility & frightening the crap out of myself, time to step away from Google I think:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Cycle day 29 here and I don't feel pregnant. Only 8/9 days days past ovulation though so I suppose I probably wouldn't yet even if I was! We almost managed the sperm meets egg plan, trying every second day up to the positive opk and then those 3 days but forgot about the skipping a day and trying once more. If I didn't have the familiar dragging/crampy feeling I might be more hopeful. Am also crap at parking today and feeling very tired both of which would be the norm a couple of days before my period is due. I'll test Monday or Tuesday if my period doesn't show in the meantime but I've a feeling it will.

Oh, and definitely stay away from Google Ms2011!

• Advertisement

I'm out. Cycle was 3 days shorter than the last one but we seemed to have all bases covered. Oh well!

Sorry to hear that Rosey, can be frustrating when you think you've timed things well only for AF to show up x

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

My OTD is Friday please please stay away AF

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Hi all.. Just to keep yer spirits up id like to tell ye there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
    We were TTC for 7 years..My husband had only 1% chance of getting my pregnant due to seman antibodies and we were told our only hope was IVF. Due to the cost and my stubborn ways, I refused to give up. My husband went on fertile aid for men and took zinc and vitamin c. 4 months later his andtibodies went from 99% to 75%!! and we conceived naturally!! We are so happy so keep trying everyone and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

zoviea wrote: »
    Hi all.. Just to keep yer spirits up id like to tell ye there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
    We were TTC for 7 years..My husband had only 1% chance of getting my pregnant due to seman antibodies and we were told our only hope was IVF. Due to the cost and my stubborn ways, I refused to give up. My husband went on fertile aid for men and took zinc and vitamin c. 4 months later his andtibodies went from 99% to 75%!! and we conceived naturally!! We are so happy so keep trying everyone and good luck

Thats amazing news zoviea!! huge congrats to you and the hubby!

• Advertisement

Thanks..just wanted to let others keep there hopes us as we did and continue trying as it can be possible even when doctors tell u it wont happen naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations Zoviea. After 7 years you must be delerious!

Im on cd 18 now and haven't really had any cm since around day 10 so I'm titky confused as to whether I ovulated back then or if I'm going to be mega late. Eitherway I hold out no hope :(

Yes yellow hen..we are very happy after that length of time..just hope all goes well now.. Don't give up hope as I said it will happen in time for you too when you don't expect it.

Zoviea huge congratulations, that is amazing, I've TTC for just over 5 years, my next step is IVF but going to wait a couple of months before starting, maybe it might happen in those months for us too! Congrats again

Hi Hollywood130..dont know ur circumstances but why not try the fertile aid for a few months if ur going to wait to try ivf. Its for females too and it helped with our problem of the antibodies when nothing else would and even doctors told us it would be no help! Just an idea and Im sure u have heard enough of them!!

Zoviea no I haven't heard of them, are they over the counter or where can I get them? I have Endometriosis, prone to Ovarian cysts and have a low AMH of 4.5, OH is ok, sperm quantity was 3 where the norm is 4 but motility was excellent so he was no worry to them at all

You buy them online..I will look up the site and forward to u ltr. You can read the reviews and people in similar circumstances too. I too was sceptical when I heard about them but they were only 30euro per month and I said what the heck..worth a try and it was! You can see all the ingredients etc online too so u know they are safe

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I've been looking through the threads to find out if anyone here has don IUI and been successful, but I can't seem to find much on it.
    It has been suggested to me that IUI may be an option for us, and as its a fraction of the cost of IVF (quoted €850), its something I want to look into more. I don't know if we are going to be candidates for it, but from what I've read on Sims website, we should be.
    Just like to hear from others how they got on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Roustabout wrote: »
    Congrats Bobskii. Keeping on the positive note I too got my long awaited BFP yesterday!! Still in shock & two tests later, it's definitely a positive. In shock but very, very happy. We were nearly 2 years trying.
    Now on to a different kind of wait & worry!........

Ciarrai :
    Roustabout got a BFP from IUI on this thread about 10 pages back....maybe contact her for a few tips!

Ovulating today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed for this cycle!!

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Ovulating today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed for this cycle!!

I'm 3 days past ov and trying to be positive but the pains are awful so I feel like there's underlying problems :( going on holidays next week but have ultrasound booked for when I get home.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm 3 days past ov and trying to be positive but the pains are awful so I feel like there's underlying problems :( going on holidays next week but have ultrasound booked for when I get home.

Oh I'd love a holiday right now, fingers crossed the pains are something good or ar least that you can get things sorted when you get home. In the meantime relax & enjoy your holiers x

So I'm 3dpo, due to test 30th July. Timing was better that last month but not ideal so I guess we'll just wait & see.
    Two friends announced their pregnancies in the last week, both are after loses & a long time ttc so I am nothing but delighted for them. They say things come in threes so hopefully I'll be joining them soon in bumpville ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I hope so Ms2011.

I'm out this month, but I'm ok about it - have my follow up with the consultant at the end of the month so will have a plan of action then.

I'm 7dpo but cd26. My cycle last month was only 25 days so anything could happen from today on. Still hopeful :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fingers crossed everyone! I'm on day 23, timing was great if I ovulated early in cycle, not great at all of I ovulated a bit late. Going to start temping and ovulation sticks again next month if I don't get my positive this month

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Fingers crossed for you Ms2011, yellow hen and angeldelight!!

Neyite, sorry to hear that you are out this month. Hope the appointment with your consultant goes well.

Good luck with the consultants appointment Neyite. I know last time I mentally felt more positive once I made a plan of action with my endocrinologist. Coincidentally I ended up getting my positive a couple of weeks later so didn't end up needing to follow it.

Good luck to all those in the two week wait. I was hoping to follow the sperm meets egg plan again this month but forgot I had a routine smear booked for the end of last week. Don't think it'll make a difference as I only got as dark lines as I get on the opk yesterday and today.

Going out tomorrow night, don't think I'll get away with not drinking without suspicions ( curse of being a newly wed:rolleyes:) so was thinking a glass of wine with dinner & sit over one glass of larger should be ok, right??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Going out tomorrow night, don't think I'll get away with not drinking without suspicions ( curse of being a newly wed:rolleyes:) so was thinking a glass of wine with dinner & sit over one glass of larger should be ok, right??

Yep should be fine - at the very early stages the foetus doesn't rely on the placenta (hasn't developed yet) so isn't exposed to any alcohol anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement