Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Going out tomorrow night, don't think I'll get away with not drinking without suspicions ( curse of being a newly wed:rolleyes:) so was thinking a glass of wine with dinner & sit over one glass of larger should be ok, right??

The two-week-wait of my successful pregnancy I, out of character, I might add, had two heavy sessions to the point of serious hangovers each weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I don't really do anything differently during the two week wait. I don't drink that much anyway but like Neyite I had a wedding and a night out in the two weeks before my last pregnancy. I was on honeymoon for the one before so I was definitely indulging then. As angeldelight says alcohol doesn't pass over at that early a stage. Saying that if I knew I had a possible big night at the end of two week wait or if I was late I'd probably take a test just to be sure.

Not sure if I ovulated this month after all :( Had dark enough lines Wednesday and Thursday and it was less dark yesterday. Temps seem to be going down though and I didn't have a lot of ewcm(Tmi sorry!) or ovulation pains though. Temping isn't great for me though because I wake a bit during the night and the time I take it depends on bubs waking time though. This morning I took it about 6.10 but that was definitely after being awake(but very still!) for a couple of minutes. Yesterday it was 7 when I took it. Would this make a huge difference I wonder? Anyway , bases are well covered regardless if I did ovulate a couple of days ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Roesy wrote: »
    Not sure if I ovulated this month after all :( Had dark enough lines Wednesday and Thursday and it was less dark yesterday. Temps seem to be going down though and I didn't have a lot of ewcm(Tmi sorry!) or ovulation pains though. Temping isn't great for me though because I wake a bit during the night and the time I take it depends on bubs waking time though. This morning I took it about 6.10 but that was definitely after being awake(but very still!) for a couple of minutes. Yesterday it was 7 when I took it. Would this make a huge difference I wonder? Anyway , bases are well covered regardless if I did ovulate a couple of days ago :)

I usually temp at 5:20 ( when OH gets up for work) on the weekdays & 6:30 at the weekends (when my son comes into us in bed), I don't think it makes much difference as long as it's after at least a 3hr sleep.
    I thought I ovulated at CD8/9 this month, did the deed lots only to actually ovulate on CD13 (opk was as dark as I've ever got one, strong cramps etc.), we were so tired from our mis-timed exploits that we only managed to do the deed late on CD12 so I'm hoping that was enough to catch the egg :P

I usually temp at 5:20 ( when OH gets up for work) on the weekdays & 6:30 at the weekends (when my son comes into us in bed), I don't think it makes much difference as long as it's after at least a 3hr sleep.
    I thought I ovulated at CD8/9 this month, did the deed lots only to actually ovulate on CD13 (opk was as dark as I've ever got one, strong cramps etc.), we were so tired from our mis-timed exploits that we only managed to do the deed late on CD12 so I'm hoping that was enough to catch the egg :P

Lol, will keep doing opks for a few more days but I'd say if I did end up ovulating in the next couple of days himself would collapse!

• Advertisement

Hate the 2ww, up & down all the time. 6dpo today & feeling a bit negative. Overlapped my chart with others on Fertility Friend with the same post O temps as mine & most are ovulation cycles but not pregnancy ones. Urgh I need a chocolate pick me up :o

Tested this morning at 12po & got a faint second line, will test again tomorow to see if it gets stronger :)

Tested this morning at 12po & got a faint second line, will test again tomorow to see if it gets stronger :)

Was hoping for good news when I saw your name as the latest poster! Congratulations!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yay! A lines a line! Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Congrats Ms2011! A line is definitely a line!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Excellent news ms2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh congrats ms!! That wasn't such a long wait after all.

Well I was out last week... First day of holidays of course! Anyway in hospital on Monday for ultrasound so let's see what they say. I'm not sure whether I want them to find something... At least if they do it would explain the delay in conceiving.

Don't think I'll be joining you Ms2011. I've got the all too familiar cramps, crankiness and a bit weepy. Reckon period will arrive tomorrow or the next day. Our timings seemed to be fairly spot on again this month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congrats ms2011 :)

I'm out too, period arrived Friday. Was away on a hen night last night so couldn't dwell on it too much. Breaking the thermometer and ovulation sticks back out this month!

Thanks ladies, had a pretty big temp drop this morning ( though still above the coverline) of almost a degree & the second line on my test this morning, while slightly darker than the test on Saturday, it's still alot lighter than the ones I would get on my son at this stage. The are the cheapie internet strips but they are are the most sensitive (10miu/ml).
    This is all making me feel a little nervous, boobs still pretty sore & I feel sick in the afternoon like I did with my son so we'll see. No officially late until Wednesday!

Fingers crossed for you Rosey, you're not out till the witch arrives x

Sorry your out Angeldelight, I find temping & opks the only way to catch my egg as my cycles are so varied, good luck for trying that this month x

Hope your ultrasound goes well today Yellow Hen x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I haven't done an ovulation test in a few years now, I was getting a strong line/smiley face usually on day 13 each time, so I just stopped testing and hoping we could catch it in & around those days. I am thinking I might get a test again just to see if there's any change.
    I have been having my bloods done again this month by my GP, so just have to check back on Friday with her to see what results are back & see where I'm at!

Hope the ultrasound went okay Yellow Hen.

I'm officially out since Sunday. Think I'm going to give up on temping. My body clearly hasn't got the memo that I'm supposed to have a temperature drop and then have my period start(or have I picked that up wrong?). I'm cycle day 3 and still a degree above last months coverline. Oh and based on temperature Fertility Friend have me crosshairs 2 days before I got a positive OPK. I must definitely be doing something wrong!

Hope the ultrasound went okay Yellow Hen.

I'm officially out since Sunday. Think I'm going to give up on temping. My body clearly hasn't got the memo that I'm supposed to have a temperature drop and then have my period start(or have I picked that up wrong?). I'm cycle day 3 and still a degree above last months coverline. Oh and based on temperature Fertility Friend have me crosshairs 2 days before I got a positive OPK. I must definitely be doing something wrong!

Roesy, might be worth replacing the batteries in your themometer just to make sure that isn't your problem.

No AF flow today so guess I'm definately knocked up, dunno why I'm finding it so hard believe this time:confused::rolleyes:
    Anyway good luck ladies, hope to see you in the pregnant forum soon x

Sorry I forgot to post back here after ultrasound. They found a small dermoid cyst but no endo which I have mixed feelings about. I was half hoping that they'd find something small (and fixable) but as it stands now there is no reason why it's taking us so long to concieve. It also didn't really explain why my periods are so painful. Anyway, a radiologist will write to my gp now with my options for removal etc so I just need to talk to her.

In the meantime I think I'm going to start temping. Can one of you ladies just step me through the basics? Thanks!

yellow hen wrote: »

In the meantime I think I'm going to start temping. Can one of you ladies just step me through the basics? Thanks!

Basically you take your temperature at the same time every morning before you do anything, move etc. It's most effective after at least 3hrs sleep. They recommend a BBT thermometer as it gives .00 reading but I always just use an ordinary digital themometer which only gives a .0 reading but I find it as good.
    As you probably already know temping will only tell you you've ovulated afterward but it's good to back up OPKs & CM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Not been on in a bit - congrats ms2011!! Fab news! Was so excited to see it :)

No joy here - onwards and upwards as they say!

Thanks Ms. I'm going to relax this month but I'll start temping next month.
    Talked to my gp yesterday and the cysts as they stand are so small that they could even be follicles so there's no need to do anything. So onwards and upwards here too DL.

How's everyone doing? Just launching into the 2ww now... Hopeful again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

yellow hen wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? Just launching into the 2ww now... Hopeful again :)

Lost all hope.. Cycle a mess , think I'm ovulating but cycle been a bit mad lately!
    Havin a crappy day but actually I feel better energy wise so maybe it's getting back to normal this month - fingers crossed!
    Good luck on 2ww YH!

I'm in and around ovulation time, couldn't find my thermometer and ovulation sticks (moved house since used them last) so not 100% sure. TMI alert had a LOT of eggwhite yesterday so fingers crossed! Having a night off tonight though :D

The egg white is a definitely a good thing angel! Didn't have much myself last month.
    Day 12 here so I could be a week from ovulation. Cycle is getting a bit unpredictable again, it's shortening which is unusual for me. Have started running again so hopefully that will help with my current hormental humour!

Edited to add: I splashed out on clearblue ovulation sticks this month as I was out of cheapies. Started using them on day 9 over the unpredictable cycles. Just got a high fertility reading. This is days earlier than I would have expected anything remotely promising to be happening. Is every 2nd day enough for high and every day during peak I wonder?

Shark week aaaanny day now.

Its depressing that I dont even bother to pee onna stick anymore. But I get to start clomid this cycle so thats something. :)

Expect the hormentals shortly...

The egg white is a definitely a good thing angel! Didn't have much myself last month.
    Day 12 here so I could be a week from ovulation. Cycle is getting a bit unpredictable again, it's shortening which is unusual for me. Have started running again so hopefully that will help with my current hormental humour!

Edited to add: I splashed out on clearblue ovulation sticks this month as I was out of cheapies. Started using them on day 9 over the unpredictable cycles. Just got a high fertility reading. This is days earlier than I would have expected anything remotely promising to be happening. Is every 2nd day enough for high and every day during peak I wonder?

Roesy I had high for a full week with CB sticks before, would definitely aim for every second night - we were burned out by time I got peak!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sorry, wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 CandyAB

Hello, unsure if I am in the right area but finding it hard to find a forum that is closer... sorry if I am in the wrong place. I am just out of a long term relationship, aged 35 and just got told the results of my AMH which came in at 1.1.... :( I have had multiple surgerys for ovarian cysts (5 in total so far) and now my Dr has told me to freeze eggs asap, as I will need to go via IVF if I have any chance of conceiving. I have another small dermoid (only 1cm) which the Dr is concerned I will need to get it removed before I can go for the treatment. I suppose my question is.. has anyone on here frozen their eggs? I have an appointment with SIMS this week, and I want to make sure I ask all the right questions, any suggestions of questions would be great please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement