Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

dreamstar wrote: »
    This is the story of my life at the minute! Although my test day is not until 4th April! :mad:

I hate the two week wait!!! :p

How is everyone getting on??? I can't wait until we see some positives on this thread! :)

Starving all day, got the shakes and sweats, I'm just so tired and peeing constantly. Due on Thursday so I suppose time will tell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Starving all day, got the shakes and sweats, I'm just so tired and peeing constantly. Due on Thursday so I suppose time will tell :P

Fingers crossed for you ShashaBear!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

That all sounds very promising ShaShaBear, fingers crossed for you!

I'm due on Thursday as well or possibly Friday. No symptoms apart from very tender boobs but I've had that before several months so don't think it's a sign of anything.

Going for blood tests soon and my husband's getting semen analysis done soon too so at least I feel if nothing happens this month that we're starting the process of getting things looked into. Would love not to have to though of course!

Well I got home from Slimming World at about 6, and sat down with a cuppa and my crochet and two slices of buttery toast. Sat watching reruns of the Big Bang Theory, and the next thing I know, the lights are out, I'm lying on the couch with a blanket over me and my tea was stone cold. OH said I fell asleep about 30 seconds after I sat down, still in the seated position. He left me till HALF ELEVEN! :eek:
    Felt quite refreshed when I woke, did a bit more work on my crochet and watched Aladdin on Netflix. Went to bed at around 1.30am and didn't so much as stir until I felt OH kiss me 15 mins ago before he left! Good thing baby is at her Nana's! :o

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ShaShaBear, could you link me to the dinosaur hat crochet pattern? I knocked out a minion one but Toddler would ADORE a dinosaur one!

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    ShaShaBear, could you link me to the dinosaur hat crochet pattern? I knocked out a minion one but Toddler would ADORE a dinosaur one!

I actually worked it up myself because I had no money in the bank to pay for it :o It's literally just a beanie as normal, and then earflaps attached to the bottom and loads more earflaps sewn together to make stiff triangles for the spikes. And the spots are the beginning of new hats stopped while they are still flat!

Here's the inspiration pattern:
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dino-dinosaur-spike-beanie-and-earflap

And here's what I worked up myself!
    11011000_10155373346475571_6538280482429400305_n.jpg

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oooh thank you!

It's not too far off the minion hat I did so. I think I could manage it. Not in the Mayo colours though...Dad would NOT be amused :p

This dino one looks terrific too! We got this when he was smaller and got loads of compliments on it. I must make another one for summer use.

Neyite wrote: »
    Oooh thank you!

It's not too far off the minion hat I did so. I think I could manage it. Not in the Mayo colours though...Dad would NOT be amused :p

This dino one looks terrific too! We got this when he was smaller and got loads of compliments on it. I must make another one for summer use.

Yeah, I think the majority of the hats I work now are in and around the same! Once you've done one, you can figure the rest out! I've got orange and white wool stashed away and planning to buy black to make a Nemo hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clownfish-earflap-hat

Can I ask do you order wool online, or go to a store Neyite? I haven't ordered off anywhere online yet, and the selection at my local is PITIFUL! I bought chocolate brown and cream wool to make a star blanket for Abi about 6 months ago, and that shelf is still empty! :(

Yeah, I think the majority of the hats I work now are in and around the same! Once you've done one, you can figure the rest out! I've got orange and white wool stashed away and planning to buy black to make a Nemo hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clownfish-earflap-hat

Can I ask do you order wool online, or go to a store Neyite? I haven't ordered off anywhere online yet, and the selection at my local is PITIFUL! I bought chocolate brown and cream wool to make a star blanket for Abi about 6 months ago, and that shelf is still empty! :(

ohmygodiwantanemohat!!!

I'm literally at the beginning of my knitting career, so have 5 balls of wool to my name! :D I got it in my local store but a few friends have ordered online and gave me a couple of links of wool websites they use for when I have money.

www.blacksheepwools.com
    www.loveknitting.com

That looks great ShaShaBear! God, yiz are all great with your crocheting/knitting skills.

Started spotting yesterday and more today so have the usual disappointment setting in. Big fat meh. Try not to get my hopes up but I can't help it every month and now the next few days I'll probably be running to the loo to check every 5 minutes. Wish I had something to distract me or s better attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'm tragically jealous of anyone who can crochet :(

My past efforts have been stained with blood, tears and disappointment :D

MeganMay wrote: »
    That looks great ShaShaBear! God, yiz are all great with your crocheting/knitting skills.

Started spotting yesterday and more today so have the usual disappointment setting in. Big fat meh. Try not to get my hopes up but I can't help it every month and now the next few days I'll probably be running to the loo to check every 5 minutes. Wish I had something to distract me or s better attitude.

Me and Neyite should teach you to crochet. That would certainly take your mind off it. Either you get so frustrated you end up murdering 11 people with crochet hooks, or you end up totally addicted and actually lose the ability to frequent the bathroom to make more time for work :D
    Crochet and knitting are the marmite of the crafting world!

I'm expecting spotting starting from today as well, every time I go to the toilet, it's like a fricking toilet roll expedition :(

Also, Neyite, why would you link me to delicious sites full of yummy yarn when I don't even have the change for a pint of milk??? :pac:

I'm tragically jealous of anyone who can crochet :(

My past efforts have been stained with blood, tears and disappointment :D

That's how it started for me. Took me 2 years to get where I am now, and I still get the odd pattern that makes me want to gouge my own eyes out :pac:

Also, Neyite, why would you link me to delicious sites full of yummy yarn when I don't even have the change for a pint of milk??? :pac:

To make you suffer too, naturally. I looked again on that and saw a wool I've my eye on reduced from €5.05 to €1.48. And I've about 2 quid in my bank account I'd say! Torture! :D

I'm a week into a new cycle. Nothing new there.

I think need something important in my life to totally clash with an EDD. I've just realised that's how toddler came about. I was signed up to be bridesmaid mere days before my EDD. Then my other two MC pregnancies EDD would have coincided with other big events.

We have a wedding in Sept 2016 abroad so I'd put stupid money on me getting duffed about 9 months before that, but its too far away. Maybe I should book my wedding. That'd do it, surely? Especially since I've a non-returnable dress bought worth €2k that is VERY tight around the abdomen. And one of those MC pregnancies, I got the positive test days after I handed over the deposit for the dress, so I decided not to book the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum. Myself and my oh have just started on the TTC road. Vaguely tried last month but due to him being away think we missed the window.
    Also I am overweight so from what my gp says it might be near impossible

I order an ovulation kit online today so hopefully will be here to use this month.
    Think I might fit in here as I crochet lots :)

Just wanted to say hi

Hi Little Miss Cutie and best of luck to you with your TTCing :D

And you can crochet too?! That's it settled, I have to learn too now to keep up with you all. Which is easier to learn does anyone know - knitting or crochet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum. Myself and my oh have just started on the TTC road. Vaguely tried last month but due to him being away think we missed the window.
    Also I am overweight so from what my gp says it might be near impossible

I order an ovulation kit online today so hopefully will be here to use this month.
    Think I might fit in here as I crochet lots :)

Just wanted to say hi

Hi! I just wanted to say that while being overweight definitely doesn't help, and it is better to be a healthy weight when you conceive it is not impossible. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I was very overweight when I conceived. It did take us over a year of trying but it happened! Don't give up hope, just work at losing weight as you go along - good luck!

ps LOVING the dinosaur hats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Welcome miss cutie!

Period arrived Sunday, cd35 and thank god for that. I literally wailed crying watching the supervet on friday and generally had my husband terrified due to my hormental state. 5 days later than usual, still blaming Metformin and or accupuncture. Get to play with the fertility monitor this cycle.....every cloud!

Neyite what you're saying about a big event def rings true with me, when I was despairing about getting pregnant on #1 my husband advised I would be large and uncomfortable at my brothers wedding and he was right.....along with the four other weddings and hens I endured while pregnant :o

To that effect I have exams coming up (like I did on last pregnancy) and in the ultimate effort to distract have just signed up to the body coach lean90 programme in the hopes of not scaring the fishes on holidays in July. I did something similar just before my last pregnancy so I think I'm subconsciously hoping it works again. I am all for positive mental attitude at the moment.

Dinosaur hats are amazing.... Was quite the crocheter in first class myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Funnily enough the "big events" thing happened to me too - after trying for 18 months to get pregnant unsuccessfully, my due date is 2 weeks before a set of exams I would have been due to sit to change career completely, and also had to attend my sister in law's wedding when 8 weeks pregnant - knackered and couldn't even tell anyone why or escape off for a nap!

Welcome Little Miss Cutie and congratulations angeldelight. I remember seeing your posts a while back but didn't know you were pregnant. That's fantastic news! :)

I am totally feeling left out with all the amazing crocheting going on! :P

Hope everyone is in good form. I'm STILL on the two week wait! Not feeling particularly positive or negative this month so will see what happens. I did use the ovulation kits this month so our timing was definitely right. Let's hope mother nature takes care of the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

No crocheting here either dreamstar! I'm only on CD13 here. Lots of very early indicators of ovulation but I havent even bothered to test this month. I know that after the lap, my body will only play tricks on me so I'll try to be relaxed this month!

yellow hen wrote: »
    I know that after the lap, my body will only play tricks on me so I'll try to be relaxed this month!

That sounds like a good way to be - ease yourself back into it. :)
    How are you feeling since the lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

That sounds like a good way to be - ease yourself back into it. :)
    How are you feeling since the lap?

I feel great. The scars a tad ugly but my bikini days are well and truly over so I can live with that :P

I'm quietly hopeful for something to happen quickly but trying not to let it consume me too much.

I feel great. The scars a tad ugly but my bikini days are well and truly over so I can live with that :P

I'm quietly hopeful for something to happen quickly but trying not to let it consume me too much.

Fingers crossed for you hen!

There's absolutely no signs of my period coming. I'm due tomorrow, but I haven't so much as a speck, even after dtd last night (
    sorry to be gross, but everything usually is a bit red after that this close to my period!
    ). No period cramps, but rather a lot of pinchy stabby trapped gas type pains and really, really low in my abdomen, like just at my knicker line, I feel like it's full of rocks down there. Like when you overload a plastic bag with shopping, feels like it's getting weighed down and heavy :confused:
    Time will tell!

That's great that you're feeling well and the scars will gradually get lighter. I've had the lap three times and have loads of tiny scars. I don't even notice them now.

Oooooh fingers crossed for you ShaShaBear! Are you going to test tomorrow???? :D

That's great that you're feeling well and the scars will gradually get lighter. I've had the lap three times and have loads of tiny scars. I don't even notice them now.

Oooooh fingers crossed for you ShaShaBear! Are you going to test tomorrow???? :D

I don't know if I'll test tomorrow or leave it until later in the week. I'm trying to leave it till Saturday (three days late) so it's pretty much an irrefutable result either way!

I don't know if I'll test tomorrow or leave it until later in the week. I'm trying to leave it till Saturday (three days late) so it's pretty much an irrefutable result either way!

Yeah it's totally best to leave it but the excitement gets to me! Are you always regular enough?
    My issue is that I am irregular so I could think I'm 2/3 days late but it's just my period is late that month! :mad:

Yeah it's totally best to leave it but the excitement gets to me! Are you always regular enough?
    My issue is that I am irregular so I could think I'm 2/3 days late but it's just my period is late that month! :mad:

No idea. I've had 3 natural periods since we started trying. All three were exactly when they were supposed to be based on a calendar and I spotted 2 days before that day as well. Although spotting is still only spotting and I'm still not due until tomorrow, so who knows? :D I am getting a tad excited this cycle, the last few have made it clear that AF was coming, this time not so much. OH is starting to get excited too!

Prepare for crushed dream post tomorrow evening :pac:

No idea. I've had 3 natural periods since we started trying. All three were exactly when they were supposed to be based on a calendar and I spotted 2 days before that day as well. Although spotting is still only spotting and I'm still not due until tomorrow, so who knows? :D I am getting a tad excited this cycle, the last few have made it clear that AF was coming, this time not so much. OH is starting to get excited too!

Aw no stay positive and let us know how you're getting on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Amazing restraint! I'd have first responsed DAYS ago! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement