Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Amazing restraint! I'd have first responsed DAYS ago! ;)

Won't tell you a word of a lie, due to a funeral my OH had to help organise for his mate's mother this week and a lot of travelling and babysitting, we're broke. I wouldn't even have a tenner for a test! :p

Think I'm out. Doubled over in bed with horrid cramps and stabbing pains :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Oh no, ShaShaBear, keeping all things crossable crossed for you! I have read others who've had period cramps but it didn't show and they went on to be pregnant. Hope it's the same for you!

I'm due today or tomorrow. Didn't spot yesterday and too scared to check today. Really trying to control myself from popping to the loo every five minutes today.

Went for my blood tests the other day. I'm a bit squeamish about this things and not a major fan of needles but usually not too bothered about things like that. However, when I went in to the room, there were small splashes of blood on the ground beside the chair! Freaked me right out. I said it to the nurse who cleaned it up but holy jaysus, that's a bit much right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Oh no, ShaShaBear, keeping all things crossable crossed for you! I have read others who've had period cramps but it didn't show and they went on to be pregnant. Hope it's the same for you!

I'm due today or tomorrow. Didn't spot yesterday and too scared to check today. Really trying to control myself from popping to the loo every five minutes today.

Went for my blood tests the other day. I'm a bit squeamish about these things and not a major fan of needles but usually not too bothered about things like that. However, when I went in to the room, there were small splashes of blood on the ground beside the chair! Freaked me right out. I said it to the nurse who cleaned it up but holy jaysus, that's a bit much right?!

MeganMay wrote: »

Went for my blood tests the other day. I'm a bit squeamish about these things and not a major fan of needles but usually not too bothered about things like that. However, when I went in to the room, there were small splashes of blood on the ground beside the chair! Freaked me right out. I said it to the nurse who cleaned it up but holy jaysus, that's a bit much right?!

Well the cramps progressed to bad lower back pain, and this morning I woke up to a mouthful of blood and sore gums. Still no spotting. I went to bed at 11 and I'm just up with little missy - honestly feel like I got about an hour's sleep :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 faloola

Keeping everything crossed for you both, would be lovely to see some bfp's :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Everything crossed Megan and shasha - few bfps would be great! Sha sha I had terrible cramps on my dd, it's not over till it's over!

Mother Nature is a wagon, there should be a clear distinction between pregnancy and pms symptoms!

Digs wrote: »
    Everything crossed Megan and shasha - few bfps would be great! Sha sha I had terrible cramps on my dd, it's not over till it's over!

Mother Nature is a wagon, there should be a clear distinction between pregnancy and pms symptoms!

I had the same with my dd as well, was actually in excruciating pain the day I was due my period! It's bad, but not that bad this time around. I'm dying to test, just so I can put myself out of my misery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I had the same with my dd as well, was actually in excruciating pain the day I was due my period! It's bad, but not that bad this time around. I'm dying to test, just so I can put myself out of my misery!

Do it! Do it! Do it! :D

Do it! Do it! Do it! :D

No test yet, but no sign of a period either! OH wants me to wait a bit but I'm going to see if I can buy a sneaky one on town tomorrow and do it when he's not about!

• Advertisement

Well still no sign of AF for me, collected my fmu for the best result and hope to source a test in town today, no idea when I'll get to take it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Best of luck Shasha.
    My post baby fertility cycle seems to be returning after 6 months. This is the 2nd day of EWCM and the first I have noticed post baby. Definitely the most CM altogether this month, maybe in par with stopping bfing. Who knows only we'll be getting busy later! Obviously I have no idea if and when I will resume ovulating but it's the closest sign so far...

I'm pregnant! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

congratulations! and good luck!!! :D

Wow congrats!!!! Excellent news!!!! Xmas baby for you after all :D:D

Let's hope this sets off a roll of positives!!

Digs wrote: »
    Wow congrats!!!! Excellent news!!!! Xmas baby for you after all :D:D

Let's hope this sets off a roll of positives!!

I know, just like Neyite said. Make a decision as to what month you could do without being pregnant, and naturally it will bloody happen :pac:
    We ARE very grateful though, and I'm due December 1st, so not too close to Xmas!

I really, truly hope I see tons more positives from you all this week!

I know, just like Neyite said. Make a decision as to what month you could do without being pregnant, and naturally it will bloody happen :pac:
    We ARE very grateful though, and I'm due December 1st, so not too close to Xmas!

With that in mind I do NOT want a late December baby ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations Shashabear. I just knew it when I was reading your posts this am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Congrats ShaShabear! Nothing at all wrong with a Christmas baby ;) Though I'm still grateful mine was born a week early on the 8th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Excellent news! :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Bhahaaha, I KNEW it!!! The minute you said that you'd prefer not to be due around Christmas I just knew you'd get yourself duffed :D See!! And its perfect timing - even if you go over your due date, you'll be well settled in at home before Christmas. :)

Now, if anyone is looking for me, I'll be booking something really expensive, non refundable and that pregnant women are excluded from for about 9 months from now. Who's up for bungee jumping in December with me?? :pac:

Excellent time of year for a ski trip Neyite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »
    Now, if anyone is looking for me, I'll be booking something really expensive, non refundable and that pregnant women are excluded from for about 9 months from now. Who's up for bungee jumping in December with me?? :pac:

Sorry, I'm busy booking a trip to the bahamas.:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Skiing!!!!

Thats PERFECT! Hideously expensive, not a hope in hell of getting a ski suit to fit, ankles would be too swollen for boots, plus with that whole front-loaded imbalanced gait that pregger women have, leaning down hill is just downright dangerous.

And there is the fact that the one and only time that I did go skiing, I pretty much came down the mountain on my arse.

Yep. Ideal. I'll book a chalet for the lot of us, yus?

I am laughing so hard right now. You guys are nuts :P

I'm in Neyite. We are going to get thirsty on our trip so We better order a few boxes of obnoxiously expensive wine while we're at it.

Agreed. Preferably from a shop that is in the process of shutting down.

I think we should also find somewhere with lots of spa treatments unsuitable for pregnant women and pay for them in advance.

Somewhere that only serves raw eggs, seafood, and alcohol.

I reckon that should do it.

Magic. Nothing going wrong with this plan. Non refundable upgrades on everything.

Request all furniture to be replaced with beanbags for good measure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo congratulations shasha xxx

• Advertisement

*orders cuban cigars for TTC Ski trip. And smelly un-pastuerised cheeses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement