Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm pregnant! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats, Odie was right all along?!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Congrats ShaShaBear- that is brilliant news!

I was two days late today. Actually started to properly get my hopes up and then BAM, along came my period this afternoon. Was properly upset, husband came up to find me bawling on the stairs lol. He gave me massive cuddles and we'd a big talk and I'm feeling a huge bit better already. It's cheesy I know, but I really do feel so lucky to have him. Lots of wine for me tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 faloola

Great news ShaShaBear. Have been away for a few days with no access to Internet so was dying to see if you had a bfp.

Now, who's next???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

faloola wrote: »
    Great news ShaShaBear. Have been away for a few days with no access to Internet so was dying to see if you had a bfp.

Now, who's next???

I'm not usually one to volunteer but I'm willing to take one for the team on this occasion

*silenty praying I could be next

• Registered Users Posts: 19 faloola

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm not usually one to volunteer but I'm willing to take one for the team on this occasion

*silenty praying I could be next

Okey doke Yellow Hen bfp on the way for you! (hopefully that's all it takes) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

MeganMay wrote: »
    Congrats ShaShaBear- that is brilliant news!

I was two days late today. Actually started to properly get my hopes up and then BAM, along came my period this afternoon. Was properly upset, husband came up to find me bawling on the stairs lol. He gave me massive cuddles and we'd a big talk and I'm feeling a huge bit better already. It's cheesy I know, but I really do feel so lucky to have him. Lots of wine for me tonight! :D

Cyber hugs Megan, I know those husband cuddles, can't put a price on them. Going to have a glass myself. Let's enjoy it before we can't for a few months sure :cool:

Thanks a mill Digs. They're worth they're weight in gold for sure.
    Having such a strange period so far, it's been really light all day. My body is playing serious tricks on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,
    Quick question on ovulation kits please, I know I should start using them on 10 day (28 day cycle, but how long do you use them for? If I get a positive ready on day 10 just I just take it I am ovulating?

Sorry I am sure this is a very silly question, I am just very confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Aw shshabear that's such fabulous news! Am so so happy for you. It was about time the thread had a positive. I still have a week before my period is due. Have really sore boobs but as we all know well at this stage it doesn't mean anything yet.

Hi all,
    Quick question on ovulation kits please, I know I should start using them on 10 day (28 day cycle, but how long do you use them for? If I get a positive ready on day 10 just I just take it I am ovulating?

Sorry I am sure this is a very silly question, I am just very confused

As far as I know if you get a positive on the opk it means you are fertile and will ovulate in the next 12 - 24 hours. So you can stop testing when you get the positive and make sure you have loads of sex!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill Digs. They're worth they're weight in gold for sure.
    Having such a strange period so far, it's been really light all day. My body is playing serious tricks on me.

Sounds interesting Megan, has it progressed to anything or is it just spotting?

CD7 here and fertility monitor asked me for test sticks the last two days. Majorly satisfying my pee on stick obssession! My 2yr old decided to pull the stick out and throw it down the stairs this morning while the monitor was doing its thing....delighted with herself. Me not so much. Better on day 7 than day 17 I suppose! Monkey....

Digs wrote: »
    Sounds interesting Megan, has it progressed to anything or is it just spotting?

Weirdest period ever. It was more than spotting but stopped and started a bit on Saturday and only really properly began on Sunday evening making me almost 3 days late. My boobs were crazy sore as well, they're only starting to feel normal today. Usually they're fine as soon as my period starts.

Going for an ultrasound this week and OH has his sperm analysis. Felt so down this weekend when my period came after being 2/3 days late for first time ever but at least we're starting to get things looked in to.

And booked a holiday for July, so things weren't all bad this weekend!

Weirdest period ever. It was more than spotting but stopped and started a bit on Saturday and only really properly began on Sunday evening making me almost 3 days late. My boobs were crazy sore as well, they're only starting to feel normal today. Usually they're fine as soon as my period starts.

Going for an ultrasound this week and OH has his sperm analysis. Felt so down this weekend when my period came after being 2/3 days late for first time ever but at least we're starting to get things looked in to.

And booked a holiday for July, so things weren't all bad this weekend!

That's a pain alright, sometimes our bodies seem to go out of their way to trick us :(

Delighted you booked a holiday, hopefully everything will begin to fall into place for ye.

That's a pain alright, sometimes our bodies seem to go out of their way to trick us :(

Delighted you booked a holiday, hopefully everything will begin to fall into place for ye.

Thanks, fingers crossed it'll all work out now! How are you finding the fertility monitor? Apart from eager toddler playing with it lol. Raging I didn't get one last month now.

Thanks, fingers crossed it'll all work out now! How are you finding the fertility monitor? Apart from eager toddler playing with it lol. Raging I didn't get one last month now.

It's grand really, if nothing else is keeping me amused! It asks for your first stick on cd6 and everyday thereafter....on cd10 now and naturally still getting lows. Don't expect to get much craic out of it until later in my cycle as I know (well think) I don't ovulate until later.

That's the kicker with them, youre gambling on whether to buy one for the next cycle in case you don't need it.....although it'd be the happiest money you'd ever waste in that case really! If you're still on cd1 - 5 you're still in time for this cycle though!

When do you get the results of your bloods back?

That's the kicker with them, youre gambling on whether to buy one for the next cycle in case you don't need it.....although it'd be the happiest money you'd ever waste in that case really! If you're still on cd1 - 5 you're still in time for this cycle though!

When do you get the results of your bloods back?

Hmmm, so I could still have time? I'm on CD4 now. Are they quick to deliver from inhealth I wonder? Eep!

We've an appointment next week with the doctor to get the results of my bloods, ultrasound and husband's swimmers. Not too worried now but next week I'll probably be bricking it hehe.

Yep if I remember correctly it was next day delivery :D

Oh my gosh I hate the two week wait! So I'm nearing the end - am due 4th April.
    And the cramps are kind of starting so I think I'm out. But it's like every time I go to the bathroom I almost have to prepare myself to see my period has started. And I don't know if I'm so obsessed that I'm imagining the cramps or not. :mad: Boobs also very sore so I imagine Aunt Flo is on her way. :(

.......think I need to distract myself for a few days! :P

Ugh, the two week wait is the worst dreamstar! If you think of any good distraction tips, let me know. Would your cramps normally start this far in advance of your period?

Husband went for his sperm analysis today. I was fierce nervous for him but he was in and out in a jiffy! Next up, ultrasound for me, fun times.

Ugh, the two week wait is the worst dreamstar! If you think of any good distraction tips, let me know. Would your cramps normally start this far in advance of your period?

Well my period is a bit irregular. Always between 29 amd 32 days. So if I go past the 4th I'm definitely late but it could come any day between now and then. Frustrating. :(

Best of luck with the tests MeganMay. Hope all goes well. Can I ask - where are you guys getting the sperm analysis done? Is that expensive to check?

• Advertisement

dreamstar wrote: »
    Well my period is a bit irregular. Always between 29 amd 32 days. So if I go past the 4th I'm definitely late but it could come any day between now and then. Frustrating. :(

Best of luck with the tests MeganMay. Hope all goes well. Can I ask - where are you guys getting the sperm analysis done? Is that expensive to check?

Thanks dreamstar, and crossing fingers that this is your month. I've sent you a pm on the sperm analysis :)

Thanks dreamstar, and crossing fingers that this is your month. I've sent you a pm on the sperm analysis :)

Thanks so much MeganMay and keep us posted on how you're getting on - will be thinking of you. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Oh my gosh I hate the two week wait! So I'm nearing the end - am due 4th April.
    And the cramps are kind of starting so I think I'm out. But it's like every time I go to the bathroom I almost have to prepare myself to see my period has started. And I don't know if I'm so obsessed that I'm imagining the cramps or not. :mad: Boobs also very sore so I imagine Aunt Flo is on her way. :(

.......think I need to distract myself for a few days! :P

I have every appendage crossed for you Dreamstar! For what it's worth, as you know, I had period cramps for up on 3 days before I was due, and I'm still getting them 6 days late :o Although I've no sore boobs, that was never a period symptom for me. In fact, this time around I've had less pregnancy symptoms than I had every other month that I ended up not preggers!
    If nothing else, hold onto hope! April 4th seems years away when you're waiting, doesn't it?

I have every appendage crossed for you Dreamstar! For what it's worth, as you know, I had period cramps for up on 3 days before I was due, and I'm still getting them 6 days late :o Although I've no sore boobs, that was never a period symptom for me. In fact, this time around I've had less pregnancy symptoms than I had every other month that I ended up not preggers!
    If nothing else, hold onto hope! April 4th seems years away when you're waiting, doesn't it?

Aw thanks ShaShabear. :p Here's hoping!
    Yes it seems like aaaagess away. This two week wait in particular seems far longer than other months for some reason.

How are you feeling?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Aw thanks ShaShabear. :p Here's hoping!
    Yes it seems like aaaagess away. This two week wait in particular seems far longer than other months for some reason.

How are you feeling?? :)

100% normal. No back pain, no boob pain, no sickness - nada! Only things that have changed enough for me to notice is I'm peeing a wee bit more and I am ready for bed about 2 hours earlier every night! :confused:
    Last time I had nips like two huge wholemeal baps and blue veins all over my boobs (they looked like aliens) and I was sometimes peeing twice in the same bloody sitting! Just goes to show how different they can be!
    (I'm stalking TTC thread because Dec 2015 is still very slow moving :pac: )

100% normal. No back pain, no boob pain, no sickness - nada! Only things that have changed enough for me to notice is I'm peeing a wee bit more and I am ready for bed about 2 hours earlier every night! :confused:
    Last time I had nips like two huge wholemeal baps and blue veins all over my boobs (they looked like aliens) and I was sometimes peeing twice in the same bloody sitting! Just goes to show how different they can be!
    (I'm stalking TTC thread because Dec 2015 is still very slow moving :pac: )

Oh my god you're so funny. Peeing a wee bit more! :D And wholemeal baps won't look the same now!

Here's hoping a few here will also be joining you in Dec 2015. I have everything crossed but the legs! :D

So, went for my ultrasound today. Wasn't expecting to be told anything until my results appointment but she did tell me I have a cyst on my left ovary, about 1cm big, and it could be a 'chocolate' or endometrial cyst, or it might not be. Cue me cr*pping myself for the next 2 weeks until we meet our consultant :(

So, went for my ultrasound today. Wasn't expecting to be told anything until my results appointment but she did tell me I have a cyst on my left ovary, about 1cm big, and it could be a 'chocolate' or endometrial cyst, or it might not be. Cue me cr*pping myself for the next 2 weeks until we meet our consultant :(

Only natural you've had a bit of a shock Megan. Maybe look at it from the point of now they've found something minor, they can fix it and once done you'll get pregnant?

Easy for me to say I know, two weeks is a long time when you just want to know :o

Aw MeganMay don't be worrying about it too much until you speak to a consultant. I have had a cyst on my ovary for years. I go for a scan every 6 months and have had surgery to drain it a few times. Usually this should get rid of it but for some reason mine came back three times. Last time mine measured at 6cm but apparently the size varies depending on where your cycle is at.
    The important thing is that it does not affect fertility. I have raised my concerns with my own doctor and consultant and every nurse/doctor/consultant I met in the Coombe when I had the misscarriage and they all assured me that it does not affect fertility / pregnancy. And a lot of the time they disappear themselves.
    I know it's still hard when you hear something like that when you have a scan done but please don't worry too much about it. :)
    How was the scan otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@meganmay don't see the cyst as a bad thing. It could inadvertently be the single thing that's been delaying your ttc success. Draining or removing it might just be the trigger to getting you those two lines :)

I'm only cd21 but have had sore boobs since cd15. Not sure if I even ovulated this month. Haven't got my appt back with consultant until mid may. I wish they'd just put me on clomid and let me get going. I hate all this waiting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement