Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

dreamstar wrote: »
    I found those ovulation sticks really hard to use. I couldn't tell anything from those pink lines - I was nearly going cross-eyed. I also didn't like the whole holding the pee in the afternoon thing. I'd be driving home DYING for a wee and afraid I'd get stuck in traffic! :D
    I ended up getting the clearblue digital ones. They say on the pack you can use first morning urine and I always have and always get my smiley face.

This did confuse me as online the advice is that you should test later in the day. I have brought the tests in to work sometimes and just tested around 11. That also worked fine for me.

What brand are you using?

I ordered 20 clearblue digital ovulation sticks with testing kit off ebay last week but they didn't arrive in time for testing so I bought some of the regular (as in non-digital) Clearblue ovulation sticks in the chemist at the weekend. The others still haven't arrived yet, so annoying, but should have them in time for next month. Hoping I won't need them though obviously! Good to know they're easier to use, I'm raging they didn't arrive in time for this cycle.

Eep, sorry for double posts, always seems to happen when I try to edit my posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

MeganMay wrote: »
    I ordered 20 clearblue digital ovulation sticks with testing kit off ebay last week but they didn't arrive in time for testing so I bought some of the regular (as in non-digital) Clearblue ovulation sticks in the chemist at the weekend. The others still haven't arrived yet, so annoying, but should have them in time for next month. Hoping I won't need them though obviously! Good to know they're easier to use, I'm raging they didn't arrive in time for this cycle.

When I was TTC I opted for the clear blue digital ovulation tests and found them a great help. They are more expensive but worth it I think.
    We had been ttc for a good while and I'd used the cheaper tests but with growing frustration and confusion decided to just go for the tests that had a clear cut " go for it" or " do the biz but just for fun" statement.
    My almost 7 month old baby girl is now napping upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Aw Penny I remember reading some of your posts way back when you were trying. Great to hear the success stories! :P
    Hope you are keeping well!

Aw Penny I remember reading some of your posts way back when you were trying. Great to hear the success stories! :P
    Hope you are keeping well!

Hi, we're flying it. Being a mammy is just great. The little one was certainly worth the wait.
    The pregnancy was grand however there have been some odd things going on with me since having had her. Weird pains in my hands and feet and stuff like that but I'm getting it sorted out. I would change a thing about it anyway.

I'm hoping to start ttc with #2 next month. It would be fabulous to have another one however I thank my lucky stars every day for the one we have now.

Baby dust to everyone xxx

• Advertisement

Aw, I love this! Congrats to you on your baby girl! It genuinely gives me hope here to read about everyone who's gotten through all this.

Aw, I love this! Congrats to you on your baby girl! It genuinely gives me hope here to read about everyone who's gotten through all this.

Thank you. It was a year that felt like forever at times. That year contained some of the most unromantic metronome sex that I never thought I'd have and then along came...... not Polly. I love that name but it was vetoed.

Neyite wrote: »
    You never know. It might be delivered by a Barber-Shop Quartet singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python. While you nipped to the loo, as is usually the way with deliveries if my local postie is anything to go by!

So my delivery just arrived and was very descreet. Nobody knows I ordered lube to work! :D
    Little disappointed now by the lack of singing sperm! Teehee. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Was reading some of my old posts on here from round 1 for inspiration and saw I was taking vitamin B6. Can't hurt so went to boots at lunch to pick some up..... My wallet is now €55 lighter...... Go in for one thing, come out with ten things I didn't know I needed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Digs wrote: »
    Go in for one thing, come out with ten things I didn't know I needed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Always the way! Still - it's nice to treat ourselves. I think we deserve it! :p

• Advertisement

Always the way! Still - it's nice to treat ourselves. I think we deserve it! :p

And that's what I'll tell myself when I'm on my second glass of Pinot Grigio later :D

And that's what I'll tell myself when I'm on my second glass of Pinot Grigio later :D

Absolutely.............CHEERS!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Hi, we're flying it. Being a mammy is just great. I stopped last monthe one was certainly worth the wait.
    The pregnancy was grand however there have been some odd things going on with me since having had her. Weird pains in my hands and feet and stuff like that but I'm getting it sorted out. I would change a thing about it anyway.

I'm hoping to start ttc with #2 next month. It would be fabulous to have another one however I thank my lucky stars every day for the one we have now.

Baby dust to everyone xxx

Hey Penny. We were on the same preg thread. My boy turned 6mths last week. Good to hear you and your family little one are getting on well. Sorry to hear you still have post preg issues.
    Good for you going for #2. Do you mind me asking did you breastfeed and if so has your cycle come back yet? I stopped completely 4wks ago but phased out over a couple wks prior. Ttc #2 but waiting on my body to get back to normal so trying but in the dark...

73trix wrote: »
    Hey Penny. We were on the same preg thread. My boy turned 6mths last week. Good to hear you and your family little one are getting on well. Sorry to hear you still have post preg issues.
    Good for you going for #2. Do you mind me asking did you breastfeed and if so has your cycle come back yet? I stopped completely 4wks ago but phased out over a couple wks prior. Ttc #2 but waiting on my body to get back to normal so trying but in the dark...

Hi, congrats on passing the 6 month mark. It seems like only yesterday when we were sitting in the other thread waiting for D Day!

I did breast feed but has to stop around the 8 week mark.
    My bleeding post pregnancy didn't stop for 12 weeks and cutting a long story short I had to go back into hospital for a littl op to sort that out. I was on many different antibiotics and pain killers from the time my little one was born to the end of the year that my milk was not as good as it should have been I think. Also I was very tired quite a lot and I don't think I ever had a full supply of milk either. I switched fully to bottle feeding after 8 weeks and it helped a lot.

My first proper cycle came back in February and I've had 3 periods since and they've all be pretty regular. Naturally the first post baby period was quite something but thankfully that seems to have been a one off event.

I had some of the clear blue ovulation tests left over from ttc on my little girl and I've used those to check when I am due to ovulate and so far everything seems to be on the money.

PEAK day on Clearblue monitor!!! *roots out Barry white Tape.

PEAK day on Clearblue monitor!!! *roots out Barry white Tape.

Got a lovely dark line on my ovulation stick today,darker than the control line. Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Hi, congrats on passing the 6 month mark. It seems like only yesterday when we were sitting in the other thread waiting for D Day!

I did breast feed but has to stop around the 8 week mark.
    My bleeding post pregnancy didn't stop for 12 weeks and cutting a long story short I had to go back into hospital for a littl op to sort that out. I was on many different antibiotics and pain killers from the time my little one was born to the end of the year that my milk was not as good as it should have been I think. Also I was very tired quite a lot and I don't think I ever had a full supply of milk either. I switched fully to bottle feeding after 8 weeks and it helped a lot.

My first proper cycle came back in February and I've had 3 periods since and they've all be pretty regular. Naturally the first post baby period was quite something but thankfully that seems to have been a one off event.

I had some of the clear blue ovulation tests left over from ttc on my little girl and I've used those to check when I am due to ovulate and so far everything seems to be on the money.

God Penny, you have had a tough time. Is it all sorted now? Yes it does seem an age.

It doesn't sound too bad, I guess, 3/4 months for 1st proper cycle returning. I knew that I was taking a chance bfing as long as I did (5months) and the risk of delaying my fertility returning but i found it hard to stop as the bond is so special. I always used one formula bottle and stopped feeding him myself at night when he was 4 months (conscious of fertility issue and trying to reduce feeds gradually). I hope it doesn't take too long. I'm 42 now so tick, tock! :eek:

That first period sounds like its horrific. I've read about that. Not looking forward to it in one way yet will welcome it as a sign of cycle returning. Great to hear that you started ovulating soon enough too. Best of luck with #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

does everyone have a dreadful first period after babies?I'm breastfeeding but feel mine are returning . I used to always have a light period and dread re thoughts of heavy ones as I used suffer with them.

bobskii wrote: »
    does everyone have a dreadful first period after babies?I'm breastfeeding but feel mine are returning . I used to always have a light period and dread re thoughts of heavy ones as I used suffer with them.

Mine was the same as a normal period to be honest so I'd say its really an individual thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

bobskii wrote: »

Mine was totally normal. In fact, probably lighter than my usual normal periods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I went straight onto Cerazette so bypassed it altogether :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

here's hoping ones the same shasha

A mere 2dpo and crampy already, bad ones yesterday! Not a good sign this early :( Cysts must be playing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

A mere 2dpo and crampy already, bad ones yesterday! Not a good sign this early :( Cysts must be playing up.

Didn't realise you had cysts as well digs? I'm only cd7 but yesterday I became intensely aware of having two ovaries...it was like someone was jabbing me with knitting needles.

I'm due back in the coombe in a few weeks for a post op scan and she might prescribe clomid but then that'll be the end of the public system treatment. I actually work really close to sims so thinking of going there for the next steps. Do you need GP referrals for that or is it just call and make appt? Is it €200 for initial consultancy?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Didn't realise you had cysts as well digs? I'm only cd7 but yesterday I became intensely aware of having two ovaries...it was like someone was jabbing me with knitting needles.

I'm due back in the coombe in a few weeks for a post op scan and she might prescribe clomid but then that'll be the end of the public system treatment. I actually work really close to sims so thinking of going there for the next steps. Do you need GP referrals for that or is it just call and make appt? Is it €200 for initial consultancy?

Yeah I have polycystic ovaries for my sins. Seem to be crampy all the time before AF, after, before ovulation etc etc when ttc last time though I saw a gynaecologist for some irregular discharge and he made the point that I was overly in tune with my body and to remember this when obsessing over every twinge and cramp and that I may be over magnifying them. Easier said than done :(

Having cramps similar to what you describe. Literally had what felt like a stitch on Saturday and general tugging and stabbing since! I really hate this part of it.

Did you have success with clomid before or was it afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sorry, I actually do recall reading that you had PCOS. I often think I carry so many symptoms of that but no consultant I've ever saw has suggested it.

I didnt have success on clomid but the consultant I'm seeing in the coombe suggested that even though it was several months after the clomid that we concieved, the clomid could have been the trigger to improve ovulation.

I am actually becoming desperate to concieve again. Up to now, I've tried to be quite relaxed but this weekend it kind of got on top of me. I feel zero positivity at the moment.

What your consultant said is the kind of thing that needs storing at the back of your mind and please god it's true.

I really struggle with positivity, force myself to be when really I'm terrified it won't happen. I was diagnosed at 17 and carried years of fear about ttc. It did take us a while and I really absolutely cannot believe my daughter is mine and thank whoever is up there for her everydaybut I desperately want another, don't think that's asking too much :o I hate saying out loud we are trying, even to myself because of the fear of being put on a timeline, my head can be an anxious place at times!

My husband is my rock to be honest, he always believed we would get there and this time is no different, he picks me up on the blue days. I've never really had that initial excitement of ttc, I always knew it wasn't going to be easy really. I really hope I don't sound self indulgent, just having a bad day.

Sorry a bit heavy for a Monday morning, needed a whinge though :(

Edit :Sorry I should add before I come across as completely nuts I haven't been on birth control since having my daughter and truth told we are really trying since August just have gotten more pro active in the last two months. I suppose I didn't tell my endo for fear of being put on "that timeline" you get put on with PCOS which moves to fast for my comfort.

Aw guys I'm sorry to hear some of you are having a tough day / week. I know the feeling - it's difficult when things get on top of you. I know I haven't been trying as long as some here but the pain is so hard. I've had some friends get pregnant and have their babiesand meanwhile we are still trying.

I just keep telling myself that all of this is just going to make me a better parent. I am going to appreciate EVERYTHING when it eventually happens for us. When I'm tired and exhausted I'll stop and think - 'Remember back when you were trying you would have killed for this'.

These experiences - however painfull they are - mould us into a better person I think. Also I have learned how much I really love and more importantly need my hubby! It has definitely made us closer.

Anyway enough waffle - I hope you ladies all feel better soon! :p

Dreamstar - I think I'm going to have to bookmark that post for inspiration. If that's waffle, it's the most genuinely lovely and uplifting waffle I've ever read! :P

Me and the hubby felt a bit bluesy this weekend too, not too bad but a just little sorry for ourselves. He's still much better at pulling himself out of the funk but I think it's because of our results appointment, he's that bit more nervous about it now that it's so close. Also, Facebook is the worst lately for all the new birth and pregnancy announcements for friends/acquaintances of ours which doesn't help. I'm *this* close to quitting because it doesn't really help my mood.

Hope you all feel better much better soon. Anyone close to their AF due date yet?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hope you all feel better much better soon. Anyone close to their AF due date yet?

Yeah me. I'm out as of yesterday. But I'm pretty used to it by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement