Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Neyite wrote: »
    Yeah me. I'm out as of yesterday. But I'm pretty used to it by now.

Ah sh*te, sorry to hear that Neyite. Fingers crossed for this month so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

MeganMay wrote: »
    Dreamstar - I think I'm going to have to bookmark that post for inspiration. If that's waffle, it's the most genuinely lovely and uplifting waffle I've ever read! :P

Aw thanks MeganMay. I just hope it helps a little. Sorry to hear you're out Neyite! :( Hope you're ok.

Quick question - I'm obviously on my pre-natal vitamins etc. etc. But should himself be on some too? :confused:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thanks, yeah I'm grand. I'm a veteran by this stage lol. :P

No harm for him to be on vitamins - something with zinc is good for swimmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

You're dead right dreamstar, I've been very lucky. Just had a momentary weakness this morning (am blaming the pain in my ovaries) but have called the guards on the pity party I was throwing for one!

Neyite sorry you're out - January/February baby has a nice ring to it though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Neyite wrote: »
    Yeah me. I'm out as of yesterday. But I'm pretty used to it by now.

Sorry to hear that Neyite.
    dreamstar wrote: »
    Quick question - I'm obviously on my pre-natal vitamins etc. etc. But should himself be on some too? :confused:

Hubby is on wellman, the important ones to be included are Vit C, Zinc + Arginine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,
    Hoping for a little advice. I normally have some spotting ( tiny amount) and a little brownish discharge about 3-4 days before my period.
    Searching online has me convinced this is a terrible thing and is caused my not enough progesterone, does anyone else have this and managed to get pregnant?
    Thanks

Hi all,
    Hoping for a little advice. I normally have some spotting ( tiny amount) and a little brownish discharge about 3-4 days before my period.
    Searching online has me convinced this is a terrible thing and is caused my not enough progesterone, does anyone else have this and managed to get pregnant?
    Thanks

I usually spot anywhere from 1-3 days before my period. It seems to be "normal" for me in that no doctor has been unduly concerned about it in my case. You might say it to your doctor for piece of mind, I'm sure I've read before in some cases it can indicate low progesterone, doesn't seem to apply to me.

I have one daughter who's almost two and have always had pre AF spotting, so that part of my cycle hasn't affected me anyway

Hi all,
    Thanks

It's something I've always wondered too as it happens to me as well, but as Digs said, I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about. I hope!

Me and the hubby are getting the results of all our tests back this afternoon. Not too nervous right now but I'm sure I'll be a wreck going in to the clinic. The ould nerves only tend to kick in with me at the last minute.

In the two week wait now as well, 3DPO according to my fertility friend app. Thought my boobs were getting fierce sore the night before last, as in 1DP0, but when I woke up they were completely back to normal. Last cycle they were killing me from 1DP0 until my period came. Feel like there's a pressure below my belly button too but I'm guessing I'm just being ridiculously focussed on everything this month because of our visits to the clinic.

Anyways, fingers crossed for this afternoon. Hope all the baby making is going well for the rest of you! :D

Ooh good luck Megan, hope all goes really well for ye!

4dpo here, not that I'm counting or anything :cool:

It's something I've always wondered too as it happens to me as well, but as Digs said, I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about. I hope!

Me and the hubby are getting the results of all our tests back this afternoon. Not too nervous right now but I'm sure I'll be a wreck going in to the clinic. The ould nerves only tend to kick in with me at the last minute.

In the two week wait now as well, 3DPO according to my fertility friend app. Thought my boobs were getting fierce sore the night before last, as in 1DP0, but when I woke up they were completely back to normal. Last cycle they were killing me from 1DP0 until my period came. Feel like there's a pressure below my belly button too but I'm guessing I'm just being ridiculously focussed on everything this month because of our visits to the clinic.

Anyways, fingers crossed for this afternoon. Hope all the baby making is going well for the rest of you! :D
    Fingers crossed Megan

• Advertisement

Good Luck MeganMay - will be thinking of you! :P
    Let us know how you get on.

Well, not great news. Husband has loads of sperm and they're really good swimmers but very low morphology.

Me - well I've got low AMH, 5.5, (should be in double figures for my age) and one of my tubes looks like it could be dialated. I'm in my early 30's so wasn't expecting that at all.

Taking a few days to process it all and then have a review appointment in a couple of weeks to go through all our options.

Seriously bummed but I guess in the grand scheme of things, things could always be worse. Will be holding the husband extra close tonight.

Ah huge hugs Megan, I'm sorry to hear things didn't go a bit better today. Mind yourself and plenty of tlc over the next few days xo

Sorry to hear that Megan, I'm sure it is all very difficult to take in.

Hopefully when you go back they will have some clear options and more info

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am so excited to finally be able to post in this Forum and join you guys on the TTC journey. I am 5 Days post ovulation, first cycle actively trying. I was never on any birth control and have regular cycles and I have known when I'm ovulating since I was 21. That all said I don't want to get my hopes up. I just arrived back from America and cannot sleep. I have always read the posts about the two week wait, it is torture. I don't know when I should be testing, my cycles are 30/31 days long, I usually ovulate between CD 11-13. I'm currently on CD 16.

Well, not great news. Husband has loads of sperm and they're really good swimmers but very low morphology.

Me - well I've got low AMH, 5.5, (should be in double figures for my age) and one of my tubes looks like it could be dialated. I'm in my early 30's so wasn't expecting that at all.

Taking a few days to process it all and then have a review appointment in a couple of weeks to go through all our options.

Seriously bummed but I guess in the grand scheme of things, things could always be worse. Will be holding the husband extra close tonight.

MeganMay I'm so sorry. It's hard hearing that somethings not right. Take care of yourself and I'm sure it will all look more positive when you go back to discuss options with the consultant.
    In the meantime you and your hubby look after each other.
    Hope you're feeling ok but if you need a rant we'll be here! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi everyone. I'm back TTC after a miscarriage at 10 weeks in early March. Got my period back last week, 5 weeks after the D&C so I started the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation tests 2 days ago. The last pregnancy happened the first month using the ovulation tests so fingers crossed this time again. Got a smiley face this morning so will be getting down to business the next few days ;)

Have been lurking here the last few weeks waiting for my period to return. Sorry to hear you have issues Megan May but at least now you know the areas to focus on/work around.

Good luck everyone else too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

So sorry to hear about your loss Typer Monkey. I rem reading your earlier posts. Best wishes with your ttc journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Megan, sorry to hear the news wasn't great. My OH's morhology rates aren't great but that's only one factor, and not the most important, for men's sperm.

Typer, you sound really positive in your post. I'm sure you've had a really tough time and I hope you don't have too long to wait this time around.

Thanks ladies. I am feeling positive, was pleased to get my period back quickly. Tbh if I wasn't nearly 38 I'd chill out for a few months and leave TTC til after the summer but I feel I should probably get on with things given my age.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. I'm back TTC after a miscarriage at 10 weeks in early March. Got my period back last week, 5 weeks after the D&C so I started the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation tests 2 days ago. The last pregnancy happened the first month using the ovulation tests so fingers crossed this time again. Got a smiley face this morning so will be getting down to business the next few days ;)

Have been lurking here the last few weeks waiting for my period to return. Sorry to hear you have issues Megan May but at least now you know the areas to focus on/work around.

Good luck everyone else too

Welcome Typer Monkey!
    I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. :mad: I had a mc last August so I know how tough it is. One positive as you said is that you got pregnant quickly. That's what is annoying me because it took us 5 months the first time and now we've been actively trying since November but still waiting. :rolleyes:
    Still I'm going to try and stay positive - it happened once I'm sure it will happen again.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Typer, I'm so sorry to hear you miscarried. X

Hi Dreamstar, thanks for the good wishes. Sorry to hear you had a mc too. It was tough and disappointing but we are feeling good and looking forward.

Have you been monitoring ovulation at all? I really recommend the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation tests. I was trying for 3 months with no joy and first month using these we were successful. I think I was trying too late in my cycle before. These tests give you a 4 day ovulation 'heads up' (pardon the pun! :D) so you can be sure to have lots of swimmers ready and waiting for the egg when it's released.

They're expensive but each pack does 2 months and if you have regular cycles I'd say even using it for a few months would give you a good idea of when to ramp up 'relations'!

Hopefully it works for us this month too but if not, I feel more in control using them if that makes sense

Hi Dreamstar, thanks for the good wishes. Sorry to hear you had a mc too. It was tough and disappointing but we are feeling good and looking forward.

Have you been monitoring ovulation at all? I really recommend the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation tests. I was trying for 3 months with no joy and first month using these we were successful. I think I was trying too late in my cycle before. These tests give you a 4 day ovulation 'heads up' (pardon the pun! :D) so you can be sure to have lots of swimmers ready and waiting for the egg when it's released.

I used the ovulation kits a few of the months. The first few times I got the cheapest ones (not digital ) but just couldn't get my head around it. Then last month I got the clearblue ones that give you the 4 high / peak days. I did find these much better but last month for whatever reason didn't work. :(
    So this month I am using them again so fingers crossed. Going to try doing the deed on the morning and evening of my peak day and each day for the three days after. Have been 'at it' every second day so far. I am on CD 15. Got a negative OPK this morning but I usually get my peak on CD17 / CD18. So we'll see. Gosh it's like a military operation!
    This is also the first month using the preseed and got some wellman vitamins for himself - fingers crossed it helps. :p

Hi all,
    I am out this month :(
    We are very new to this so can't be too disappointed. Tried the ovulation kit this month which was helpful.

We have both started vitamins as well so hopefully that will all help!

Baby dust for all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all,
    I am out this month :(
    We are very new to this so can't be too disappointed. Tried the ovulation kit this month which was helpful.

We have both started vitamins as well so hopefully that will all help!

Baby dust for all :)

Little Miss is this your first month TTC also? I havnt begun using the ovulation tests yet, will wait and see how the first few months go. I think know when I ovulate, so I'm hoping that this will work. I have wanted a baby for the past year however the timing wasn't right with work and my partner travelling so we held off. I'm currently waiting to test, and time has never passed as slowly in my entire life. It's all I think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Really sorry to hear that TP, mind yourself xx

So I finally got my smiley face this morning......phew! I was getting worried as it was a bit later and I was running out of ovulation sticks. :rolleyes:
    So I am on CD17 and got my first high fertility smiley. I'm expecting to get another high fertility tomorrow and a peak smiley on Wednesday. So will be busy the next few nights. ;)

You know all that stuff about lying down after sex, elevating your hips and not going to the bathroom?? Do you guys do all that? I do and my hubby thinks I'm mad! :rolleyes:

It can't hurt Dreamstar! I got four days of flashy smiley face and got a solid smiley face this morning. We've only managed to do the deed every second day so far, we both work shifts and sometimes we don't actually see each other awake :( Add a two year old into the mix and it's not easy to find the time and energy. Will defo get down to business today since I got a peak fertility result this morning.

Fingers crossed for us both now!

• Advertisement

Typer monkey really sorry to hear about your miscarriage,hope your stay on this is a short one!

Dreamstar I throw the legs in the air as the mood takes me, don't do it religiously although I did make a big effort around peak on my cycle this month. Pretty sure my husband thinks I'm half cracked anyway so this doesn't surprise him in the slightest. Sure it can't hurt :)

9dpo here and my head is well and truly wrecked. I'm not one for mad symptom spotting usually but I've had one I'm finding it hard to ignore. Boobs have been leaking since 5dpo (sorry to gross anyway out) this has only ever happened when breastfeeding my daughter which is coming up on two years ago now. My nipples are also so sore, painful in the shower stinging kind which I never get.

Did a cheapie test this morning which was negative, I know it's early but feel gutted and the optimism I had over the weekend is gone. Can't get the leaky boobs out of my head. I know it can be a sign of high prolactin but my endocrinologist checks my levels regularly, I rang him Friday and he said my levels were perfectly fine in February but if it persists and I'm not pregnant to get my bloods done again.. My body is obviously just being super mean to me this cycle. Have serious backache and cramps on off like AF is coming anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement