Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

hope50 wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered preseed on line has anyone any info on it going by my current cycle day 10 to 16 next week so was going to give it a go

Don't use the suggested dose (I think it's 3ml or something), it's far too much. A little goes a long way with the Pre~seed, they tell you to use more than you need so you buy more!
    I love it and conceived with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hope50

good to know thank you Detectivfoxtrot (quite a mouthful had to select back button 3 times hope I got it right) thankfully day 10 to 16 next week cos we on picture no sound tonight in this house lol but make up the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hey ladies, so I'm officially late this month... Feel great although I have a few side pains but nothing bad.. Dying to do a test but no point as i only ovulated 5 days ago.. I know I should stay positive & try not to get excited at the same time, but I can't help it :) I really hope this is our month! Gonna be so bummed if I get my period

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hey ladies, so I'm officially late this month... Feel great although I have a few side pains but nothing bad.. Dying to do a test but no point as i only ovulated 5 days ago.. I know I should stay positive & try not to get excited at the same time, but I can't help it :) I really hope this is our month! Gonna be so bummed if I get my period

Oh fingers crossed for you Tigeress, really hope this is it for you:D

I'm in the two week wait bracket. I'm amazingly calm about it:confused: I've started swimming again, missed it so much. I think it's doing wonders for my head:D

Hope everyone is well and happy xx

Thanks Lucyfur :) I hope so too! I hate that dreaded 2 week wait :( I've still 9 days to go before i'm gonna test, unless the dreaded P comes before then.. How are you doing yourself?

• Advertisement

I'm good thank you, really good. It's strange. I think the miscarriage gave me the kick up the bum that I needed. I've gone back swimming and jogging. I feel great for it. I've also joined slimming world, I quit smoking over a year ago and I've gained over a stone. I feel motivated, happy, content.....It's very strange. I'm probably not explaining it half right:o

Usually,during the 2 week wait, I'm anxious and I feel like the world is going to end when my period comes but this month I feel lovely and chilled out:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm good thank you, really good. It's strange. I think the miscarriage gave me the kick up the bum that I needed. I've gone back swimming and jogging. I feel great for it. I've also joined slimming world, I quit smoking over a year ago and I've gained over a stone. I feel motivated, happy, content.....It's very strange. I'm probably not explaining it half right:o

Usually,during the 2 week wait, I'm anxious and I feel like the world is going to end when my period comes but this month I feel lovely and chilled out:D

That's great Lucyfur :) I'm delighted you're doing so good! I reLly hope your 2 week wait will fly all the same & it'll be good news :) I joined Uni-slim & I'm 6 weeks I've lost 15lb :) still a but to go but I feel so much better in myself & happier than I've been in ages :)

That's great Lucyfur :) I'm delighted you're doing so good! I reLly hope your 2 week wait will fly all the same & it'll be good news :) I joined Uni-slim & I'm 6 weeks I've lost 15lb :) still a but to go but I feel so much better in myself & happier than I've been in ages :)

Oh wow!!! Well done, that is fantastic!!! My boys are sitting here eating cake and I haven't caved:D:D:D

Oh wow!!! Well done, that is fantastic!!! My boys are sitting here eating cake and I haven't caved:D:D:D

Well done! I've banned it cause I'd so give in lol

Well done! I've banned it cause I'd so give in lol

And, it's MY birthday cake they're eating:P

• Advertisement

And, it's MY birthday cake they're eating:P

That's rotten of them :p but fair play not giving in! Happy Birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi everyone, hope ye are all doing well
    Im on day 2 of my 1st cycle of Clomid yiipppppeeeeee!
    Im super excited and keeping everything crossed for it to be a successful cycle :D

No side effects yet :) and looking forward to getting 'busy' next week ;)

baby dust to all! :):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Best of luck tigeress!!! Really hope it's your month!!
    Happy birthday lucyfur!! :)
    I also have just started running again... Had been doin small amounts here and there but nothing really.. Was too afraid it would hinder our conception efforts even though I know better!! Went out and spent small fortune on new runners and clothes!! Husband says will likely become pregnant now ironically so that none of new clothes fit... ;). Wishful thinking!!
    I'm just waitIng for my period to come over next couple of days to put an end to the 'rubella vaccine month off'! It's been very good for us though and hope I will be able keep a new approach to trying up! We are trying but not trying or worrying about it until after the summer... If it hasn't happened by then, then we will go further as that will be a year and half trying with one m/c. Until then we are breezy!! And enjoying sports! And the summer!!

Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, hope ye are all doing well
    Im on day 2 of my 1st cycle of Clomid yiipppppeeeeee!
    Im super excited and keeping everything crossed for it to be a successful cycle :D

No side effects yet :) and looking forward to getting 'busy' next week ;)

baby dust to all! :):):):):):):):)

Yey very exciting Quin :) best of luck with it! I have my fingers crossed for ya!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Best of luck tigeress!!! Really hope it's your month!!
    Happy birthday lucyfur!! :)
    I also have just started running again... Had been doin small amounts here and there but nothing really.. Was too afraid it would hinder our conception efforts even though I know better!! Went out and spent small fortune on new runners and clothes!! Husband says will likely become pregnant now ironically so that none of new clothes fit... ;). Wishful thinking!!
    I'm just waitIng for my period to come over next couple of days to put an end to the 'rubella vaccine month off'! It's been very good for us though and hope I will be able keep a new approach to trying up! We are trying but not trying or worrying about it until after the summer... If it hasn't happened by then, then we will go further as that will be a year and half trying with one m/c. Until then we are breezy!! And enjoying sports! And the summer!!

Thanks Dublinlady :) I really hope so too! Glad to hear your month off is ending and hopefully it'll be your turn soon! I know what ya mean about the wishful thinking with the new clothes.. We just bought a new bed & hoping the new bed new baby myth works :) hehe
    I really believe all of us will have our turns this year :) it feels like a good year!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hello all,

I ovulated during the week so have been busy. Not going to get my hopes up, but feeling positive vibes all the same.

So I am staying upbeat, and hoping that I wont need to take the next step in the fertility process. Been doing my hypnosis and lots of positive visualisation and am finding it very relaxing.

Hi ladies, not feeling as positive as I have been lately :( have some real bad pains in my side so I wrecken the P is on it's way...

How's everyone?

Hi ladies, not feeling as positive as I have been lately :( have some real bad pains in my side so I wrecken the P is on it's way...

How's everyone?

Ah Tiger, it's ok not to feel positive all the time, it's so hard to be upbeat at times. Huge hugs to you xxx

Thanks Lucyfur! I just want to be pregnant :( the wait is killing me.. I try to stay upbeat & positive... I'm just having a down day.. Thanks for the hugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Tigeress big hugs we all have bad days.
    I'm on day 12 and so far my monitor has me still at low fertility not that we're being celibate ;-) oh well acupuncture on wednesday so hopefully that will bring things on.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hey Tigeress, you are allowed to have a downer-day. We have all been there so let loose here.

Im going into my two week wait at the moment. I am focusing on other things, rather than obsessing about TTC like I have been. Since I did my self hypnosis (Radiant Health) I have been craving exercise and healthy foods - and have downloaded the couch to 5k podcasts. I am the least sporty person that you could possibly think of so WTF am I doing thinking about training for a 5km run?? Could it possibly be the hypnosis putting healthy notions in my head. Oh, and Im desperate to join yoga again...Whats wrong with meeee :p

The stop smoking hypnosis worked a treat for me years ago, and I actually lost a stone doing it, so I suppose this one is working for me too. I just wish Paul Mckenna had a TTC one cause I would be knocked up in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

A little word of encouragement To all you future Parents on this thread, I am so lucky to have been able to have my children no problem but my sister on the other hand spent 8 years having treatmant after treatmant and eventually struck gold and had her gorgeous little baby !! so dont give up keep at it and you all too will have your little bundles, Its hearbreaking as a by stander too watching and waiting for all the milestones it takes to finally have that blue line so can t imagine how hard it must be to be the actually person going throught the treatments and constant disspointments, i will always remember the terrible dread i felt when i had to tell my sister 2 times that i was pregnant i felt so sad for her !! So all i can say is keep at it and you too all will have your little babies :o:o:o and try enjoy the practising bit ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

hugs Tigeress - our time will come ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey everyone,

Kinda scared posting here. Partner and I decided that we are ready to have another child. We already have a 2 year old who I will be potty training soon and is already feeding himself and everything. I didn't want to have another one until my first was through the delicate stages, first steps, potty training, etc. so now we are close to having all of that sorted we have decided we, as a family are ready to try again.

hugs Tigeress - our time will come ;)

Thanks DFT! I'm just feeling really down at the mo :( weird thing is I should be positive cause I still haven't gotten my period.. A week late now but I know it's coming I have those tell tale feelings inside.. If no sign by Thurs I'm going to get bloods done anyways so I'll say it to the doc, too scared to test as it's only been a week since I ovulated & I doubt it'd show either way! Thanks for the hugs, really need them at the mo :(

Welcome wolfpawnat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Kinda scared posting here. Partner and I decided that we are ready to have another child. We already have a 2 year old who I will be potty training soon and is already feeding himself and everything. I didn't want to have another one until my first was through the delicate stages, first steps, potty training, etc. so now we are close to having all of that sorted we have decided we, as a family are ready to try again.

Great minds think alike wolfpawnat :) Bridget and Aiden are about the same age give or take a week and I am going to start her on potty training next month. I am sooo ready for another baby now. I do recommend you get some OPK (ovulation predictor sticks). There's a few threads on here with great places to get bundles for cheap online. They take some of the pressure off and worked great for me ( got pregnant first time I used them in February) as it turned out that I am probably a late ovulator. Unfortunately I miscarried but onwards and upwards, I am not out of the game yet:)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We are not that scary are we? :D Wishing you the best of luck TTC'in with the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Grawns wrote: »
    Great minds think alike wolfpawnat :) Bridget and Aiden are about the same age give or take a week and I am going to start her on potty training next month. I am sooo ready for another baby now. I do recommend you get some OPK (ovulation predictor sticks). There's a few threads on here with great places to get bundles for cheap online. They take some of the pressure off and worked great for me ( got pregnant first time I used them in February) as it turned out that I am probably a late ovulator. Unfortunately I miscarried but onwards and upwards, I am not out of the game yet:)

Thanks Grawns, I'm afraid I am one of those women who have ridiculously odd cycles. I can have cycles that are between 20-40 days long. So I have no idea what dates to even try! So a kit would be handy!

Yes, I felt I needed to wait until I had given him all the attention he needed with learning to feed himself and everything, so now that he is old enough for all that and since he is getting old enough to understand a new baby now, I feel it would be good for him!
    Neyite wrote: »
    We are not that scary are we? :D Wishing you the best of luck TTC'in with the rest of us.

Thanks Neyite, I am not frightened of ye, more frightened of the stress of trying to get pregnant. Last time was not planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ah welcome on board Wolfpawnpat!

• Advertisement

I could do with some advise... I was due my period a week ago & haven't got it yet, ovulated 2 days before it was due! I'm thinking it's most likely that my period was gonna be late anyways which explains the late ovulation, however... I have been in agony the last 2 days with period cramps :( but no period has come yet! Today is especially bad as the cramps are very intense, I've been using a hot water bottle to ease it but the min I take it off I'm in agony again :( I don't wanna risk painkillers encase I'm lucky enough to be pregnant (haven't done a test) I have never got cramps like these before without it being my period!! Has anyone else had this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement