Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Tigeress, paracetamol is ok to do so during pregnancy (in moderation).

I think it's still too early for your period, you only ovulated a week ago. The Luteal Phase is between 10 and 16 days (typically it's 13/14)...
    It could be implantation cramping. Last cycle, the cramping I had bang in the middle between ovulation and my expected period date was period type cramping, turned out I was pregnant so it must have been implantation cramps and twinges. It wasn't enough for pain killers or hot water bottle, but still noticeable nonetheless.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks DFT! I gave in and took a paracetemol, feel ok now! I'm going the doc in the morning to get bloods done so I'm gonna ask him about it.. I really hope it's implantation cramps as you say :) my partner is mad freaked out about the pains :) it's very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have read some of the messages here and I would like to tell you about some people I know who have similar experiences to give hope to you all.
    Girl A had 2 mc, one pre-term baby who died a few hours after birth - has now 2 children
    Girl B in her early 30's was trying for over 2 years went to her doctor who was not helpful.
    She insisted on getting some tests, took fertility drugs had 2 children after this in just over 3 years.
    Girl C - tried for a number of years had 3 mc - now has 3 children
    Girl D - one mc and another mc when having fertility treatment. Was trying after this with no luck for a number of years. She decided to take a year off to relax with oh. After the year off she had one course of fertility treatment and is expecting a baby this summer.
    Sometimes the darkest hour is just before the dawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marz wishes X

Hi I'm new to this so be patient with my lack of knowledge pls!! I'm ttc for nearly 3yrs, finally due to get a HSG done Friday but my period isn't here yet!! I usually have a 24 to 30 day cycle but today is day 30 nd no sign!! I got pains 4days ago but nothing now!! I did a test last wk nd again tonight, both negative!! If I don't get my period they won't do the hsg Friday!! I'm at my whits end nd no one understands!!!
    Any comment appreciated!!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi Marz, welcome on board. Fingers crossed you will get your period asap so you can get your hsg done this Friday x

Tigeress, I feel your pain, I had a missed period a few months ago (that amounted to nothing :mad:), at first I was nervously excited, then each day that went over (& each negative pregnancy test I had) the more frustrating it got :(
    Would you not be tempted to try a test if your period doesn't arrive over the weekend? I hope the cramps ease off soon :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Cap.. I'm in worse agony today :( tuning low on energy too cause I can't eat it makes me feel worse :( have an appoint with the nurse today for bloods so I'm gonna ask her to do a blood test to see if I am & a Norma pregnancy test too.. It's only 10 days or so since I ovulated so I'm not expecting a positive although I'm hoping for one! I spent all day in bed yest in agony :( & in work at 3 today sooooo not looking forward to it! Wish me luck in the Doc's... I'll let ya know how I get on :)

Omg I dunno what to do!!! Still no sign of My period nd hsg is tomor but they won't do if I don't have It!! What should I do?? It's my day 31 today!!!

Tigeress wrote: »
    Thanks Cap.. I'm in worse agony today :( tuning low on energy too cause I can't eat it makes me feel worse :( have an appoint with the nurse today for bloods so I'm gonna ask her to do a blood test to see if I am & a Norma pregnancy test too.. It's only 10 days or so since I ovulated so I'm not expecting a positive although I'm hoping for one! I spent all day in bed yest in agony :( & in work at 3 today sooooo not looking forward to it! Wish me luck in the Doc's... I'll let ya know how I get on :)

Best of luck Tigerness!!! Hopefully u have a good result!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just a quick reminder can you please use words instead of AF anf BFP please.
    Can those of you who have used these abbreviations please edit your posts to reflect the words please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Omg I dunno what to do!!! Still no sign of My period nd hsg is tomor but they won't do if I don't have It!! What should I do?? It's my day 31 today!!!

You'll have to call the hospital and explain, but they won't do it unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Hi barbiegirl, I was thinking of holding out till the morn just to see if I get it!!! I never ever go over day 30!! Both tests say negative tho nd they wud b right, wudnt they???!!!

I know when I had mine they insisted that I also not be in the middle of my period, that it be finished. Remember they are injecting a radioactive substance in there. You were meant to be on day 7, the same day they did mine, I don't think they'll go ahead on day 1.
    Sorry, but hopefully they can work you in when you need to be there.

Tigeress hoping things went well woth the doctor.

As to me I'm finally showing an increase on my monitor so getting ready to ovulate. Accupuncture has helped bring fertile mucus on, and me and hubbie are going like rabbits. Fingers crossed, it will save us a fortune if we can do this ourselves, and as the boss is coming across after the May bank holiday, which cannot be good news, we need to save all the money we can :-( Expensive treatments might not be open to us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tomorrow wOuld have been my due date. I'm so upset today Im on the brink of tears at work all day... Didn't know it was bOthering me until I had a huge panic attack at 4am on wed morn, got so anxious I started to hyperventilate and vomit. Not good. Please say I'll feel better once Tom is Over... I just feel so sad and hopeless :(

dublinlady wrote: »
    Tomorrow wOuld have been my due date. I'm so upset today Im on the brink of tears at work all day... Didn't know it was bOthering me until I had a huge panic attack at 4am on wed morn, got so anxious I started to hyperventilate and vomit. Not good. Please say I'll feel better once Tom is Over... I just feel so sad and hopeless :(

(((hugsies))) I am not surprised you are so upset. Don't beat yourself up over the panic attack - again, it's totally not surprising. God knows what I'll be like when my due date arrives. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to tell you you'll feel better tomorrow, but you mightn't, so I won't. I only hope you do though. lean on us for support x

Marz, sounds like you're not going to get your HSG. Am not 100% sure, but surely even if you did get you period tomorrow, they wouldn't go ahead with it during the shedding of your uterus? Would have thought that would impact a HSG result but I stand to be corrected. Very fristrating I know, but I would imaging they'll just reschedule you for the week after your period starts. They absolutely can't take the risk that you might be preggo, even if tests aren't showing it.

Tigeress, good luck! I'm intrigued to know what the cramps are all about, keep us posted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Huge hugs to you xxx As DFT said, lean on us for support. PM is always open too x

DublinLady, I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time :( I found the lead up to what would have been my due date very difficult. However, and I know it doesn't work this way for everyone, but I felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders the following day.
    I think its because previous to that, every day was a day when I should have been x amount of days along in my pregnancy. Once I got past that, it did get a bit easier.
    I hope it starts to get easier for you also.

Please don't feel hopeless, Please God you will get your positive result soon and you will have something to feel hopeful about x

Marzi, sorry I have to agree with the other ladies. Frustrating as it is, I don't think they will do your HSG tomorrow :(
    I know only too well how irritating it is & how waiting an extra few days/weeks at this stage feels like a lifetime, but definitely a case of better safe than sorry.
    Fingers crossed you will get it done soon though :)

Tigeress, you poor thing, sounds like you're in agony with those cramps. That sounds like a good idea asking for a blood test to be done to test for pregnancy.
    Fingers crossed for you & I hope the cramps ease off soon.
    When I had the longer cycles, I had a lot of cramps too (not as bad as yours by the sounds of it) & I was also ovulating very late in the month

Fingers crossed for you too barbiegirl & hopefully your boss coming over isn't bad news.

So much for my cycle being back to normal, last month was a bang on 28 day cycle, ovulated I think at day 11; this month I'm day 22 in my cycle & although I haven't tested yet, I'm convinced I'm ovulating! (egg white/very hormonal)
    So it would appear my cycle is all over the place again. Will just have to put a good effort in over the next few days & hope we can turn it into a positive result this month :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

DL, I dont know if anything can make it better, but I feel for you. I hope tomorrow is a better day. ((hugs))

Thankyou so much ladies, I really don't know what I'd do without ye. My period is being annoying and not arriving... Brown mucus and weren't trying so no hope of pregnancy. It's probably just the stress. I just hate feeling like this... I feel like such a burden to my husband, even though I know he doesn't think that at all.. It's prob just the hormones, Byt yes as you said, maybe Once tomorrow is over I'll feel better, I so wish I was pregnant now, I think it would have made it souch easier.. I really believed when I miscarried that by the time this date came round id be pregnant again. That's why I think I feel
    So hopeless.... Hope seems to get me nothing but disappointment. :(

Sorry I'm going on, Tigeress I really hope your cramps ease off, and barbiegirl good luck with work, it doesn't help when your worried about that too! Try not to think the worst, presume the best ( if only I'd take my pen advise!)

Dt and Capri thanks for your kind words. :)

And thanks neyite and lucyfur!!! ;)

Dublinlady it is hard at due date. Mine was due March 23rd and I have to say I keep looking at little babies and it nearly reduces me to tears. Mothers day was so hard, but hubbie and I had a lovely date day together. Our littel ones are looking down on us, blessing the ones to come and knowing how much they are loved. And thanks for the good wishes on work thing, thankfully my mate thinks she can get me a job, a crap pay one, but still a job, for the short term should it all go to crap.

Tigeress hope you are doing ok.
    Caprilicious our cycles are really a pain and they just changing. Just think we're special rather than weird ;)

I got the little egg on my monitor today, plus had cramps, on my right side last night (which is good because the left has a blocked tube), so all go for the weekend. Have to say I've never had sex in my parents house when they were there, so tomorrow will be interesting. Have to go down for mums surprise 60th party, so won't drink much and just have to be very quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am very odd with my cycles, and my periods are usually very heavy and can last for 10 days, but my last one was only a weak one lasting only 3! :confused: I have been trying to stay calm and not feel pressurized. It is terrifying, I know I am only trying for a small while, but still.

I jst woke up from my general, had my Hsg done, tubes clear so fingers crossed!!
    Baby dust nd love to all x

Fantastic Marz :-) That's great news

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

Dont give up trying everyone. As you can see from my previous posts we have been trying for over 5 years. I already have a 10 year old boy. I was on the fertility waiting list for the local hospital for the past 10 months got called last month. So was happy that i was finally getting somewhere. Saying that was waiting on my periods to come to get my bloods done and low and behold no periods and after 5 long years we have become pregnant naturally. So just goes to show good things can happen and dont give up hope anyone. Most months i'd cry now im over the moon and looks like i'll have a lovely Christmas pressie this year. Due on the 12th Dec. :eek::D

Dublinlady.. I hope you are doing ok hun x I know how hard it is :( my due date was mid March and I was devastated on.the day but it does get easier hun xx

Barbiegirl.. Hope you're ok :) hope the job thing isnt bad news!

Marz.. Congrats in the great test results :) hope you're lucky really soon!

What a day I had yesterday :( went to the doc & they thought I either had apendicitus or an Ovarian Cyst! I was sent to A&E and after seeing the Surgical Doc he cleared me of apendicitus and said it was a Gyno prob! So after another long wait I got to see the Gyno (I've been on a waiting list to see them for a year, should've gone to A&E sooner!) she did a full check up and as I was in Alot of pain asked another doc for a favour and got a scan done! Usually takes a few weeks!! Couldn't believe my luck! Even with the intense pain I was tying checked by the Gyno :) my worst fear is something would be wrong inside, even though I've had 2 mc I wanted to know I was ok... So they did the scan and seen I have 1 cyst but it wasn't causing the pain as it's too small & not gonna cause me any probs! They gave me the all clear & said it looked as if everything is ok for me & thinks it's just a matter if time & it will happen for us :) they did some internal exams and it'll be a few weeks before I get those results back but I am now in the clinic and ahead of the waiting game :)
    They couldn't find out what's causing my pain :( & wouldn't give me anything for the pain as there is a poss I'm pregnant but as it's early the tests won't show! I hope I am but I don't think I am..
    I was so upset going the hospital I was flooded with tears :( I honestly thought something was wrong & it turned out to be the best thing I could've done to go! I feel like this massive physiological weight has been lifer off my shoulders & even though I didnt know it the cry really helped, I was inconsolable for hours but I think I was holding so much back with the TTC & the mc a few months back that it all came out & I feel so much better in myself :) I know my story is long winded but I just wanted to share my good news :) I know it's not an I'm pregnant news & hopefully really soon I will be with a little luck & maybe with less stress on my shoulders i'll be there soon!

Tigeress, you poor thing, sounds like you had a major emotional rollercoaster there in the hospital :(
    On the upside, I am absolutely delighted that you got the all clear from the hospital, that must be a massive, massive weight off your mind!

Can they give you anything at all for the cyst?

Hope you're looking after yourself and that your other half is spoiling you, sounds like you must be drained after that day *hugs*

Here's to a fresh start now you have the all clear :)

Marz - congrats on getting the hcg today also! I'm absolutely delighted for you, I was convinced that they wouldn't let you have it, brill that they did :)

Tigeress, you poor thing, sounds like you had a major emotional rollercoaster there in the hospital :(
    On the upside, I am absolutely delighted that you got the all clear from the hospital, that must be a massive, massive weight off your mind!

Can they give you anything at all for the cyst?

Hope you're looking after yourself and that your other half is spoiling you, sounds like you must be drained after that day *hugs*

Here's to a fresh start now you have the all clear :)

Thanks Cap :) I'm super drained! My partner told me I have an emotional hangover today hehe I'm just lazing about and taking it easy.. I'm still in slot of pain so hopefully that'll ease soon! If not I've to go back into the hospital :( they said the cyst is only 2cm so there is no need to do anything with it, they'll do a scan twice a year to make sure it doesn't grow but they're happy to leave it be for now anyways! I swear I could sleep for a week I'm do tired! Early night for me :) with plenty of cuddles :)

great news Tigeress. 2cms sounds massive, sure that's about the size of an ovary, right? I'd say that is definitely what's causing the pain! It could have been even bigger than that and the pain you've been experiencing could be that it's bursting.

Great that you got fast tracked through the system too!

• Advertisement

great news Tigeress. 2cms sounds massive, sure that's about the size of an ovary, right? I'd say that is definitely what's causing the pain! It could have been even bigger than that and the pain you've been experiencing could be that it's bursting.

Great that you got fast tracked through the system too!

DFT, they made it sound that 2cm was very small but ya have me wondering now! I'm still in quite Alot of pain & hoping it passes real soon :( still no period either! Gonna do another test next weekend if my P doesn't come by then.. I think there is too much pain for me to preg though.. I'm crazy tired too! Going back to the hospital on Mon if the pain doesn't let up, to be honest I can't take much more :( my lovely partner is running me a nice bath now so I can relax :) hopefully it'll help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement