Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

im late this month even giving myself a few extra days. have all the signs of my p coming boobs sore , moody etc. I just know im not pregnant but so wish i was. Had a dream the other day that i had a little baby :( was so upset the next morning.
    baby dust to everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

eugh. MEGA depressed today...... :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Good rant either here or in PM chicken. Followed by a nice bottle of wine or 3 tonight:cool:

I don't really drink but I think I might start:D

(((((hugs))))) hun, hope you're ok xx

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Hope you ok DFT, i feel the same today,my p came boo. onwards and upwards for next month i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi ladies, day 43 of a 32 day cycle! I ovulated 13 days ago now.. I really don't think we're lucky this month :( really wish we are though! I honestly think it's so late cause I've not been well & now I'm feeling a bit better it'll come.. I did a test in the hospital on Thurs & it was Neg! I think it would have shown then if I was!

• Advertisement

How now chick?

Tigeress:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fingers crossed for you!! Thursday, you would have only been 9 days past ovulation?? Maybe too soon to tell? Did they do a blood test or urine test in the hospital?

I'm day 25 of 28 today. I feel fine. Boobs are slightly sore but not sore enough to be an indication of pregnancy unfortunately. I'm expecting my period to arrive shortly:rolleyes:

I'm dieting and exercising and it's doing wonders for my head.

Lucyfur, I hope that your period won't come :)
    They did a urine test in the hospital.. Do you think if I did a test this Friday it'd show if I was? I have absolutely no symptoms to show I am..

Tigeress wrote: »
    Lucyfur, I hope that your period won't come :)
    They did a urine test in the hospital.. Do you think if I did a test this Friday it'd show if I was? I have absolutely no symptoms to show I am..

If it was me I'd test again:D If my period doesn't come, I'm testing Friday too:D

Sometimes the hospitals tests don't pick up hCG as early as the likes of clearblue or first response.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Lucyfur and Tigress I have everything crossed for you and DFT rant, eat chocolate, get a big cuddle but know eventually your time will come.

We are on our wait and see time now. So nervous and excited, and we'll see.

hi girlies, doing ok. Got hit with the hormones the last 2 days, period deffo on it's way, already started to spot.
    On the upside I booked a week in Tenerife, heading off Friday morn. Can't really afford it but feck it, I need a break. Unfortunately I'm due my period the day I leave. No biggy there, but I start back on Clomid on day 2 and that makes me somewhat mental (well, more mental than usual!). I must remember to take it at night, that's the trick... So I'll be MIA for a week but thinking of you all.

Tigress I have everything crossed for you, KUP!

• Advertisement

hi girlies, doing ok. Got hit with the hormones the last 2 days, period deffo on it's way, already started to spot.
    On the upside I booked a week in Tenerife, heading off Friday morn. Can't really afford it but feck it, I need a break. Unfortunately I'm due my period the day I leave. No biggy there, but I start back on Clomid on day 2 and that makes me somewhat mental (well, more mental than usual!). I must remember to take it at night, that's the trick... So I'll be MIA for a week but thinking of you all.

Tigress I have everything crossed for you, KUP!

Thanks DFT :) dying to do another test!! I hope you have a great holiday & really relax hun.. You really deserve a break away :) make the most of the sun too! Ya never know when it'll end here lol

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hey girls!

Coming to the end of my two week wait here. Period should be due at the weekend so we will see.

My sister in law announced her pregnancy. I am really happy for her but when my bloke told me about it when I came home from a weekend away I got upset. He said he felt that way when he was told too, but was able to hide it and wish them well.

Detective - that week away sounds terrific. You are absolutely right to go- you need it. Could do with a break ourselves.

Lucyfur, Tigress hope your tests come up trumps - I will be testing a couple of days after you, unless I get signs otherwise.

Neyite, I hope you're k hun x I know how hard it can be.. My best friend is pregnant at the mo & I find myself just staring at her bump :( again delighted as you are for your sis in-law but jealous at the same time.. We just have to hav faith that our times will come :) big hugs xx

I went back to work today after being off sick.. In till 6 and already nearly fainted twice with tiredness :( just want to be well & back to normal & either for my period to come already or to get appositive test.. This waiting is driving me mad!

DFT, you are so right, have a lovely lovely week away, you deserve it:D

Fingers crossed for Neyite and Tigeress:D:D:D

I don't think I'm pregnant this month, I don't think I'll be disappointed when my period arrives. It's been in my head that it's too soon after the miscarriage. Having said that, I have absolutely no signs of my period starting. I'd even go as far as saying I feel better than I have done in years. Tis strange:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey guys,

Detective - hope ur doing ok? I think a holiday is a great idea, even just for time for yourselves as a couple (hard in clomid id imagine) where you can just relax and be happy! Drink some wine and just completely chill out!
    I did it recently (had a week away) and it was great while i was there, took me a while to get into it tho cos was so stressed! I did find that when i got back it all caught up on me though because i had relaxed so much my true feelings and stress all came flowing out (believe me ....not pretty.....!!) My acupunturist said it was a mild meltdown of sorts....but did me the world of good whatever it was!! Apparently i dont deal with stress very well...just hide it until it all comes bursting out!! Either way a holiday is goo, to help deal with all of that, or else to just have some good baby making practise!!!

Lucyfur - good luck - you never know how soon it can happen after a miscarraige so dont rule urself out just yet!! :D

Tigeress - :eek: Cant believe your will power!! Think i would have gone through a million tests by now if i was you!! its pointless tho! I think friday is a good idea though as it should realistically be showing by then....depending on ovulation of course!

Barbiegirl - good luck with the dreaded wait :)

Neyite- i know exactly how you feel - my sister in law is pregnant at the moment and as soon as i hung up the phone to my brother i just cried and cried... you simply feel like it will always be someone else....but its not true - Our time will come, and i always just tell myself they are pregnant with their baby - not mine, and so its not theirs i want!! :pac:

Well I am on day 3 !! :rolleyes: But at least its a cycle where im trying!!! My last cycle lasted 35 days....im normall 28-29. Ive been so super super stressed at work - do you think this is the cause? that and my due date passed...which as you saw due to my upset rant i didnt take very well....
    We sent a balloon off into the sky though with a miraculous medle attached and that made me feel sad...but in i suppose in the longterm...a little like its finally over.
    Please god let my time be soon................
    We are pretending to ourselves and everyone else (those few who know) that we are taking the summer off.... which just actually means im not discussing it with my husband...doesnt stop my mind from racing! however i think it is good for us to have less emphasis on the baby making and more on the love;);)

Anyway, baby dust to all, hang in there, as a good few of you have said...this is our year!!!

Dublinlady I hope you're ok :) I never thought this TTC would be so hard an so long... Our little babies would have been so close in age :) but we have to keep our chins up! We know we can get pregnant it's just a matter of time! I hope our times come along soon.. I'm so thankful of this chat as I think I'd be lost without it!
    They say getting a mortgage is the most stressful thing you'll ever do & 4 years ago when we bought out house I would have agreed! But this TTC defo is, o know I'm ok and it's most likely stress that's holding things up bit it's so hard not to stress.. I do feel better in the last eel after getting good results & I got a letter today to say the Gyno I seen in A&E wants to see me again in Mid-May.. I hope its good to have such a quick appoint! They'll have my results then from all the swabs taken.. I figure if it was something serious I wouldn't gotten a sooner appoint, at least I hope so :)
    I took a test today & it was Neg although I only had a quick loom as it turned out it was later than I thought & was running late for work.. When I got home I looked again before the bin and there was a light positive! I think it's just a fake positive cause you're not meant to ready after 10mins or something.. Gonna do another one on Friday, not getting my hopes up cause I'm sure it's Neg!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Tigeress wrote: »
    Dublinlady I hope you're ok :) I never thought this TTC would be so hard an so long... Our little babies would have been so close in age :) but we have to keep our chins up! We know we can get pregnant it's just a matter of time! I hope our times come along soon.. I'm so thankful of this chat as I think I'd be lost without it!
    They say getting a mortgage is the most stressful thing you'll ever do & 4 years ago when we bought out house I would have agreed! But this TTC defo is, o know I'm ok and it's most likely stress that's holding things up bit it's so hard not to stress.. I do feel better in the last eel after getting good results & I got a letter today to say the Gyno I seen in A&E wants to see me again in Mid-May.. I hope its good to have such a quick appoint! They'll have my results then from all the swabs taken.. I figure if it was something serious I wouldn't gotten a sooner appoint, at least I hope so :)
    I took a test today & it was Neg although I only had a quick loom as it turned out it was later than I thought & was running late for work.. When I got home I looked again before the bin and there was a light positive! I think it's just a fake positive cause you're not meant to ready after 10mins or something.. Gonna do another one on Friday, not getting my hopes up cause I'm sure it's Neg!
    I hate to get your hopes up but I was told by a doctor that you cant get a fake positive you can only get a fake negative !!! I hope im right !!!!;);)

Thanks Cordub! I hope you're right :) we'll know Friday for sure.. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marz wishes X

Hi Tigeress, hope u get some good news on Friday!! Have my fingers crossed for you!! I'm on my cycle day 6, I had my HSG on Friday, they told me the nxt 3months are my months for conceiving!! The tubes are clear so hopefully!!
    Baby dust to all!! XX

Hi Tigeress, hope u get some good news on Friday!! Have my fingers crossed for you!! I'm on my cycle day 6, I had my HSG on Friday, they told me the nxt 3months are my months for conceiving!! The tubes are clear so hopefully!!
    Baby dust to all!! XX

That's great news Marz! Best of luck & enjoy the trying hehe! I have my fingers & toes crossed for ya :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I was working in the clinic today and I was screening a lady who was pregnant after having 2 mc's. She went for a 6 week check up after her d&c and hey presto! She was pregnant again! So far all is going well (she was 6 months)

Just thought I'd share that little story to give some of you a bit of hope as I know a good few of you have suffered mc's lately. I know from experience how tough losing a baby is, so I'm really hoping for good news for you all soon.

Fingers crossed for you on Friday Tigress! And fingers crossed for the rest of you too :)

Is it weird that I'm really nervous about seeing another Neg result tomorrow :( the test yest has thrown me for a loop :(

Tigeress test today!
    I've had a couple of those tests and they were all evaps. I've learned never to look at a test after 30 mins. However tis could definitely be the beginnings of a positive test. What brand did you use?

I got my period yesterday. boy that post m/c cycle was a weird one. Wacky temps, and early ovulation and a shorter than normal luteal phase. Our sex timings was excellent so am really bummed it didn't happen for us.

Here's the TMI bit, look away now if squeamish. I have a question for all the girls who've had m/c's. My period is largely made up of clots. lots of clots. Is this normal for your first proper period after m/c? I have zero pain (was mildly crampy yesterday during the onset but that's normal for me). There is little flow, but I'm classing it as heavy because of the clots, if that makes sense?
    Maybe the body overcompensates when building the first lining after a m/c? There is definitely too much, I mean not as much when I passed my little bean, but too much for a normal period. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Am not too worrried, and am delighted my period came 2 days early seeing as I'm going on hols, but it has me wondering.... v weird

hugs to all

Tigeress test today!
    I've had a couple of those tests and they were all evaps. I've learned never to look at a test after 30 mins. However tis could definitely be the beginnings of a positive test. What brand did you use?

I got my period yesterday. boy that post m/c cycle was a weird one. Wacky temps, and early ovulation and a shorter than normal luteal phase. Our sex timings was excellent so am really bummed it didn't happen for us.

Here's the TMI bit, look away now if squeamish. I have a question for all the girls who've had m/c's. My period is largely made up of clots. lots of clots. Is this normal for your first proper period after m/c? I have zero pain (was mildly crampy yesterday during the onset but that's normal for me). There is little flow, but I'm classing it as heavy because of the clots, if that makes sense?
    Maybe the body overcompensates when building the first lining after a m/c? There is definitely too much, I mean not as much when I passed my little bean, but too much for a normal period. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Am not too worrried, and am delighted my period came 2 days early seeing as I'm going on hols, but it has me wondering.... v weird

hugs to all

DFT it's totally normal! I was like that for 2 cycles after my last MC.. The clots ease down after that (at least that's how it was for me) I worried at the time & asked my doc & he said it was perfectly normal! Hope this helps.. Hope you're doing ok hun :) xx

Too late to do a test today, I wanna use first urine so I get the nest result! I used a dictor's test.. The nurse gave it to me last week to use :) I'm gonna buy a 1st responce today to use tomorrow that's what I used the last time I got a positive! I shouldn't have looked at the darn test! I don't wanna get my hopes up especially since I was in so much pain last week.. Uh head is wrecked!

Have an amazing week away tomorrow :) eat lots, drink lots & lots of sun :) you'll be all relaxed for next months try x

thanks Tigeress ;)

I won't see your result tomorrow, bummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

thanks Tigeress ;)

I won't see your result tomorrow, bummer!
    get to an inetrnet cafe they are all over tenerife lol

I got a Clearblue Digital Test today for tomorrow :) fingers crossed ladies!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Good luck tomorrow Tigress. I have my fingers crossed for you.:)

I think I am on the subs bench this month - signs that my period is on the way. Disapointed but not surprised after all this time I'm well used to this result. I'm not upset, so thats a good thing.

Detective - enjoy your break, if anyone has earned a few days R&R its you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Best of luck in the morning Tigeress!! Ill have everything crossed for ya :D

DF - it def took me a couple of cycles for the heavy bleeding (and clots) to stop. Strangely now (9 months later) im down to having one day periods??? that confuses me alot, i get brown mucus for a couple of days before and then for 3 days after, but thats it....anyone else have this?:confused:
    Df - enjoy your holiday! forget all about us and trying for the week!!:p

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    Best of luck in the morning Tigeress!! Ill have everything crossed for ya :D

DF - it def took me a couple of cycles for the heavy bleeding (and clots) to stop. Strangely now (9 months later) im down to having one day periods??? that confuses me alot, i get brown mucus for a couple of days before and then for 3 days after, but thats it....anyone else have this?:confused:
    Df - enjoy your holiday! forget all about us and trying for the week!!:p

DL I get Alot of brown too! I get it 2 days before my period actually starts then I get a heavy period for 2 days then it's pretty much gone! My Doc told ne it's normal.. Gonna ask the Gyno about it in May when I go & see what they say.. I'll let you know :)
    I'm a little excited about the test tomorrow.. I'm not sure if I'm convincing myself of signs I'm getting or if I actually have them if that makes sense?! For eg I noticed this evening that my Areola (surround o my nipples) are darker! Mine would be very light normally but it's like I can't remember if they go dark near my period or not! I'm prob not making much sense :~
    Anywho my sleep is calling :) talk to you ladies in the AM :) baby dust to all xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement