Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tigeress wrote: »
    OMG Lucyfur!!!! Congrats hun xxxx so happy for you :)

Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question... I tried asking on the preg chat but they're not very responsive... I have quite noticeable cramps in both my sides and uterus on and off for 2 weeks now.. I looked online which I honestly wish I hadn't as there is so much it could be! It's not severe by any indication it is however annoying and noticeable! I don't know if I should be worried as it was Alot worse last week & seems to have gotten to a steady stage where it's neither getting worse or better.. I'm staying positive but at the same time so nervous as per prev preg experiences & the worry of etopic :( anyone ever heard of this happening?

I hope I find you all well :) and having a great Easter break xxx

Tigeress, it's a good sign if the cramps are easing. As you said, it could be a sign of ectopic...but I think if it was that, the cramps wouldn't be easing? Could it be implantation cramping? I really don't know....I would make a doctors appointment hon, just to put your mind at ease xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks hun.. My Doc doesn't open again till Tues so gonna call him & see what he thinks..
    You must be over the moon hun xx

Thanks hun.. My Doc doesn't open again till Tues so gonna call him & see what he thinks..
    You must be over the moon hun xx

My doctor is next to impossible to get an appointment with. Gonna ring on Tuesday and I'm HOPING I'll get an appointment within the next fortnight:)

I think I'll be more excited if I get another positive. I am excited but it hasn't sunk in properly at all yet:eek: Looking forward to testing with fist urine sample of the day tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed for a sticky bean:D

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

oh Tigeress i know what a worry can be, i had SEVERE cramps for about 5 days before i miscarried, bu i mean they were keeping me awake at night, i was literally lying huddled up with the pain on the bathroom floor!! seriousy severe...somehow i still managed to convince myself that everything was ok, it clearly wasnt. What i did learn at that time was that cramps (just not sever ones!!) are very common and normal during early pregnancy, they are just a sign of the uterus wall stretching and growing!!:):) Please try not to worry, if they get severe or if you get any spotting at all do go to the doctor or to the early pregnancy unit in your hospital just to be on the safe side!!
    You can spend so much time worrying, and with previous bad experience i imagine its hard not to, but what your lovely little baby needs now is positivity, so unless your body gives you more signs that something is seriously wrong then just try your best not to worry!
    Never feel bad about asking questions in here now just because you are pregnant, we are all experts at early pregnancy and are just so delighted to know your journey and share in your good news that we will always be happy to help if we can at all!!:D

dublinlady wrote: »
    oh Tigeress i know what a worry can be, i had SEVERE cramps for about 5 days before i miscarried, bu i mean they were keeping me awake at night, i was literally lying huddled up with the pain on the bathroom floor!! seriousy severe...somehow i still managed to convince myself that everything was ok, it clearly wasnt. What i did learn at that time was that cramps (just not sever ones!!) are very common and normal during early pregnancy, they are just a sign of the uterus wall stretching and growing!!:):) Please try not to worry, if they get severe or if you get any spotting at all do go to the doctor or to the early pregnancy unit in your hospital just to be on the safe side!!
    You can spend so much time worrying, and with previous bad experience i imagine its hard not to, but what your lovely little baby needs now is positivity, so unless your body gives you more signs that something is seriously wrong then just try your best not to worry!
    Never feel bad about asking questions in here now just because you are pregnant, we are all experts at early pregnancy and are just so delighted to know your journey and share in your good news that we will always be happy to help if we can at all!!:D

Thanks so much DL you are so right! I did read on 1 site what you said about the wall growing.. I hope it's that & am convincing myself of it! :) I feel so different this time round & hoping it's all good! I'm getting evening sickness which I didn't get stall last time! The cramps are very tolerable & I can defo sleep through them! They're hard to explain.. I might give the hospital a call on Tues to see what they say instead of my Doc for extra reassurance.. But you've eased my mind :) thanks so much for that xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

OMG Lucyfur!!!! Congrats hun xxxx so happy for you :)

Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I ask a question... I tried asking on the preg chat but they're not very responsive... I have quite noticeable cramps in both my sides and uterus on and off for 2 weeks now.. I looked online which I honestly wish I hadn't as there is so much it could be! It's not severe by any indication it is however annoying and noticeable! I don't know if I should be worried as it was Alot worse last week & seems to have gotten to a steady stage where it's neither getting worse or better.. I'm staying positive but at the same time so nervous as per prev preg experiences & the worry of etopic :( anyone ever heard of this happening?

I hope I find you all well :) and having a great Easter break xxx

It's very normal to cramp in early pregnancy, usually one sided but can be both. So long as they are not severe or accompanied with any bleeding then you should try not to worry. Even though your pregnancy is very early on, there is a lot of stretching and growing happening on the uterus and the round ligaments (the round ligaments stretching later in the pregnancy can be REALLY sore!) There is also alot of burrowing into your uterine wall which I can only imagine would contribute to the discomfort, and also there is a huge increase in blood supply to the area! So all in all, there is ALOT going on in a vert compact little space!

Try not to worry, relax and enjoy this special time. If you feel positive about this pregnancy, then I believe that it will be fine. I'm a strong believer in womens instincts, so you are probably positive for a reason :)

When is your due date? Its probably around my little girls birthday? (January)

Thanks CCL :) very glad to hear! So glad I have you guys! Undone know what I'd do without ya :) you & DL have put my at ease :D the Doc didn't say my due date.. He wreckens I'm 5 weeks gone guessing from my last period, however I got positive ovulation on the sticks on 5th & 6th of theis month.. Which I'm guessing 5th Jan.. Although I'm reading 'what to expect when you're expecting' the new edition (4) and she says you count 2 weeks before you concise as part of your 40 weeks.. Onlynoart way through so hoping it's explained lol! I'm going with 3 weeks but if the doc &
    Book are right it's 5 weeks..
    How old is your little girl? :)

She is nearly 16 months, born the 4th Jan. When was your LMP? I'll work out your due date on my wheel!

Thanks CCL :) very glad to hear! So glad I have you guys! I don't know what I'd do without ya :) you & DL have put my at ease :D the Doc didn't say my due date.. He wreckens I'm 5 weeks gone guessing from my last period, however I got positive ovulation on the sticks on 5th & 6th of this month.. Which I'm guessing 5th Jan.. Although I'm reading 'what to expect when you're expecting' the new edition (4) and she says you count 2 weeks before you concise as part of your 40 weeks.. Only part way through so hoping it's explained lol! I'm going with 3 weeks but if the doc &
    Book are right it's 5 weeks..
    How old is your little girl? :)

Thought I'd re-post as my stupid iPhone changes and re-spells words like there is no tomorrow lol

She is nearly 16 months, born the 4th Jan. When was your LMP? I'll work out your due date on my wheel!

Sorry hun, what's LMP?

• Advertisement

Sorry! Last Menstrual Period. First date of your last period

Sorry hun, what's LMP?

It's your Last Menstrual Period:)

Feel so blonde lol and I'm a brunette! My last cycle was 7th March and it's 32 days :)

16th December :D

Feel so blonde lol and I'm a brunette! My last cycle was 7th March and it's 32 days :)

That makes you 7 weeks tomorrow!!!! Doesn't it?? I think I'm right lol:D

16th December :D

Really? Am I longer than I thought?! My Clearblue Digital said only 2-3 weeks! Oh I feel so silly lol yet an Xmas Baby :) so excited hehe

Lucyfur, just seen you got a positive too! Congratulations :D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    That makes you 7 weeks tomorrow!!!! Doesn't it?? I think I'm right lol:D

It does make 7 weeks! I honestly thought only 3 weeks tomorrow!

Really? Am I longer than I thought?! My Clearblue Digital said only 2-3 weeks! Oh I feel so silly lol yet an Xmas Baby :) so excited hehe

Eek!!! That threw me too on the clear blue. It's a conception indicator, so you can add another couple 'o weeks on to what it says:)

If all goes to plan, my due date is the 30th Dec:cool:

The clearblue goes from conception, but your due date is worked out from the first day of your last period so you already have 3 weeks clocked up before sperm meets egg on a 32 day cycle!

• Advertisement

Lucyfur, just seen you got a positive too! Congratulations :D

Thanks hun!! I'm still a bit ''am I or am I not?''

I'm hoping I am.....:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Eek!!! That threw me too on the clear blue. It's a conception indicator, so you can add another couple 'o weeks on to what it says:)

If all goes to plan, my due date is the 30th Dec:cool:

We'll be so close together :) I might call Portlaoise on Tues & see if I can get an early scan! They told me they'd do one early because of the M/C s..
    I don't want to seem overly hopeful but are you sure I'm so far along? I'm so happy lol

A positive is a positive! :D

It defo is Lucyfur! You'll see in the morning :)

We'll be so close together :) I might call Portlaoise on Tues & see if I can get an early scan! They told me they'd do one early because of the M/C s..
    I don't want to seem overly hopeful but are you sure I'm so far along? I'm so happy lol

Absolutely! I'm a midwife :)

You are;) That's fantastic!!! I'm so so SO happy for you!!

I discussed conceiving again with my doctor in the days after the miscarriage. She said I would be scanned early when I went on to conceive again:cool:

So glad i posted tonight :) thanks so so much CCL :) don't suppose you're in Portlaoise hehe
    That means my little peanut has a heartbeat now too?!

Even if one of the lines is fainter than the other? I didn't test using the first urine sample and I had had lots of water and tea before I tested.....I'm hoping thats why the line was fainter?

No i'm afraid not! I'm actually doing research at the minute :)

Should be a little heartbeat please god, that you'll be able to see on ultrasound but it's too early to be heard with a doppler.

• Advertisement

CCL can I ask ya a question as a mid-wife? How come they count so far back? Would I be able to see anything on a scan now or still to early?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement