Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Even if one of the lines is fainter than the other? I didn't test using the first urine sample and I had had lots of water and tea before I tested.....I'm hoping thats why the line was fainter?

Even the faintest positive is a positive.

The way pregnancy tests work is that they produce that line in the presence of HCG. No HSG (or not enough to detect) then no line. There has to be HSG to get the line and unless you are on a specific type of hormone replacement therapy, then HSG is only ever present in pregnancy.

Tigeress wrote: »
    CCL can I ask ya a question as a mid-wife? How come they count so far back? Would I be able to see anything on a scan now or still to early?

The first day of your last period is a reliable date to work from. The chances are that if you asked a woman 'what date did you conceive on?', they aren't going to know. Most women will know the date of their last period though. Using the LMP and cycle length, it's a very accurate way of determining a due date.

A scan at this stage would show a big black blob surrounded by grey fuzzy stuff which is your uterine wall and the amniotic sac. Inside the sac you should be able to tee a tiny little blob, probably less than a cm long, and within that blob should be much longed for little flicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

The first day of your last period is a reliable date to work from. The chances are that if you asked a woman 'what date did you conceive on?', they aren't going to know. Most women will know the date of their last period though. Using the LMP and cycle length, it's a very accurate way of determining a due date.

A scan at this stage would show a big black blob surrounded by grey fuzzy stuff which is your uterine wall and the amniotic sac. Inside the sac you should be able to tee a tiny little blob, probably less than a cm long, and within that blob should be much longed for little flicker!

That's amazing :) I'm so excited! Would it still be the same even if I did conceive on the 5th of April?

I think that would make your due date around the 27th Dec if you did conceive then and would make you nearly 5 weeks now. Too early to see anything on a scan until 7 weeks really

I think that would make your due date around the 27th Dec if you did conceive then and would make you nearly 5 weeks now. Too early to see anything on a scan until 7 weeks really

Thanks CCL :) gonna try get a scan soon... I think there will be a waiting list anyways :) I'm pretty sure we conceived 5th so most likely 5 weeks but hoping for 7 lol
    You're very good answering all my questions :) thanks so much! I'm convincing myself that the cramps are growing pains :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thank you ladies, you are all so lovely. I honestly don't know what I'd do without ye:D

It's all a bit surreal. It's only a month since I miscarried. The doctor did say the I'd be very fertile in the first couple of months after the miscarrige, and I know I ovulated about two weeks ago......but I really didn't think anything would happen this soon. I'm gonna test again in the morning. I have 2 of the clearblue digital tests.

xxx

Yay am delighted! I didn't try this month but am hopeful I will be extra fertile for the next few months after the miscarraige. All this good news is brilliant. Fingers and toes everything goes smoothly for you. x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Grawns wrote: »
    Yay am delighted! I didn't try this month but am hopeful I will be extra fertile for the next few months after the miscarraige. All this good news is brilliant. Fingers and toes everything goes smoothly for you. x

Ah thanks Grawns, I hope you're doing ok xxx

I'm a bit nervous but not as bad as I thought I'd be. I've been exercising over the last few weeks and it's done wonders for my head and my stress levels:)

Tested again this morning on a clearblue test.

I'm pregnant:eek::D

xxx

Tested again this morning on a clearblue test.

I'm pregnant:eek::D

xxx

Oh Lucyfur that's amazing :) massive congratulations hun xxxx I knew ya would be after getting the faint positive :) so delighted for you!!! How long are you gone now? It's the most amazing feeling seeing that pregnant sign hehe

Oh Lucyfur that's amazing :) massive congratulations hun xxxx I knew ya would be after getting the faint positive :) so delighted for you!!! How long are you gone now? It's the most amazing feeling seeing that pregnant sign hehe

Thank you!! I'm 4 weeks and 3 days. Still sinking in, it's only a month since I miscarried.

• Advertisement

I know that feeling! I foun out Friday & I'm still a little shocked :) we're only a few days apart so! It'll be great to have someone to compare with as we get on! Super positive today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ah thanks Grawns, I hope you're doing ok xxx

I'm a bit nervous but not as bad as I thought I'd be. I've been exercising over the last few weeks and it's done wonders for my head and my stress levels:)

I'm grand Lucyfur. Enjoyed this month without the pressure of trying and lost 5 kilos! Waiting on my period now ( wednesday will be 28 days since d&c) and hoping it will come soon so I can jump back on the wagon. All this good news is so inspiring :D
    Don't forget that they will probably scan you when you go for your 6 week post d&c check up so you won't have long to wait.

Grawns wrote: »
    I'm grand Lucyfur. Enjoyed this month without the pressure of trying and lost 5 kilos! Waiting on my period now ( wednesday will be 28 days since d&c) and hoping it will come soon so I can jump back on the wagon. All this good news is so inspiring :D
    Don't forget that they will probably scan you when you go for your 6 week post d&c check up so you won't have long to wait.

Wow!! That's some weight loss!! I'm on a health kick and I'm loving it:D Glad to hear you're doing well;)

I didn't have a D&C, as I had a complete miscarriage, but my doc told me that when I go on to conceive again, I'll be scanned early:D If you have a ''normal'' pregnancy with no history of complications, they don't scan you til 20 weeks:eek: When I was pregnant with my son (9 years ago), I was scanned at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, 30, 35 and 39 weeks:eek: Amazing how things change over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just keeping an eye on here - I concieved my son straight after a miscarriage , I was scanned a lot (it was a very high risk pregnancy) and I was pertified the whole time but he is a great little boy.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur

Congratulations !!! praying for a sticky bean for ya! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Wow Congrats Lucyfur!!! Great news! :D
    Im super excited with all this positivity, well done you guys! Here hoping the rest of us will follow you very soon!!!:D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I go away for four days and your all pregnant. Massive massuve congrats Tigeress and Lucyfur :-) so happy for you both :-)
    I'm not sure but i think i might be joining you. We ovulated 11 days ago and my boobs have been really sore for last 4 days. Don't feel period is coming feel like i did on first pregnancy last summer. Some slight cramping but not period like. I have appointment in merrion tomorrow to talk about going back on iui. Fingers crossed treatments won't be necessar. Keep saying that i must wait to friday which will be day 33 tomorrow is day 29 so tempted but have no tests in.
    Fingers and toes crossed that i am and that this time it's a strong baba for us to hold.
    Baby dust

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I go away for four days and your all pregnant. Massive massuve congrats Tigeress and Lucyfur :-) so happy for you both :-)
    I'm not sure but i think i might be joining you. We ovulated 11 days ago and my boobs have been really sore for last 4 days. Don't feel period is coming feel like i did on first pregnancy last summer. Some slight cramping but not period like. I have appointment in merrion tomorrow to talk about going back on iui. Fingers crossed treatments won't be necessar. Keep saying that i must wait to friday which will be day 33 tomorrow is day 29 so tempted but have no tests in.
    Fingers and toes crossed that i am and that this time it's a strong baba for us to hold.
    Baby dust

Oh Barbiegirl I have my fingers and toes crossed for ya!! I really hope you have a little bean growing :) x

Baby dust

Thanks chicken, fingers and toes crossed for you:D

I'm a bit crampy-more in my legs than my belly.....Trying not to think about it:) Gonna go for a walk and a swim and enjoy my last day off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wexy

Hi all, new to this site, actually came in here looking for another forum but this one caught my eye. Then I started reading some of your stories and was overwhelmed by the positivity. I have been married for a year and a half and have been trying ever since. I have pcos and have gone down the natural route but now seeking medical advice and getting hormone levels checked to make sure ovulation is occuring. Is anyone else at this stage? The reason I logged onto this forum was because reading you stories, you obviously all know what it feels like to be in this situation. Some days i'm extremely positive and excited about the whole process and some days i'll start bawling if I even spot a pram!! my sister in law just announced she was pregnant, not to me, suppose she was trying to tip toe around me. Amazing how one bit of news like that can blow you away. :( anyway i'm rabbiting on now but just wondering is there anyone else in a similar boat.

Congrats to those women who just got good news, well done and enjoy the celebrations!

• Advertisement

Wexy wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this site, actually came in here looking for another forum but this one caught my eye. Then I started reading some of your stories and was overwhelmed by the positivity. I have been married for a year and a half and have been trying ever since. I have pcos and have gone down the natural route but now seeking medical advice and getting hormone levels checked to make sure ovulation is occuring. Is anyone else at this stage? The reason I logged onto this forum was because reading you stories, you obviously all know what it feels like to be in this situation. Some days i'm extremely positive and excited about the whole process and some days i'll start bawling if I even spot a pram!! my sister in law just announced she was pregnant, not to me, suppose she was trying to tip toe around me. Amazing how one bit of news like that can blow you away. :( anyway i'm rabbiting on now but just wondering is there anyone else in a similar boat.

Congrats to those women who just got good news, well done and enjoy the celebrations!

Welcome to the forum Wexy:) There are loads in a similar situation to you. Get stuck in and don't be afraid to post how you're feeling, this lot are amazing at picking you up when you're feeling down;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wexy

Thanks appreciate that. Big congrats to you by the way, you must be over the moon. I hope it all goes well for you. Is this your first pregnancy?

Welcome Wexy :) this is an amazing chat with amazing ladies with a tonne of information! I'd be lost without them all :) don't be afraid to ask questions or rant we're here to listen! I don't have PCOS but was trying for 1 year when I got preg & miscarried but 10 months later & I'm 5 weeks now :) it will happen just stay positive (harder than it sounds I know) best of luck Hun x

Baby dust to all!

Thanks appreciate that. Big congrats to you by the way, you must be over the moon. I hope it all goes well for you. Is this your first pregnancy?

Thank you:D

This is my 4th pregnancy. I've a big strapping 8 year old boy and I've had 2 miscarriages.

xx

Hi ladies, I'm crapping it :( I got a call from my Doc today asking how the cramps were when I said I was still having them & they're a little worse today he called the EPU & made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:30am to get a scan as they're worrying about an etopic pregnancy :( please please keep all your fingers & toes crossed that everything is ok for me.. I'm trying to stay positive..

Hi ladies, I'm crapping it :( I got a call from my Doc today asking how the cramps were when I said I was still having them & they're a little worse today he called the EPU & made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:30am to get a scan as they're worrying about an etopic pregnancy :( please please keep all your fingers & toes crossed that everything is ok for me.. I'm trying to stay positive..

Oh Tigeress, I've everything crossed for you hun xxx I have no experience of ectopic so I've no words of wisdom for you. Fingers crossed they're just settling in cramps

Thanks Lucyfur! I hope so too!

Oh Tigeress i'll say a little prayer and have everything crossed for you. :-(

Oh Tigeress i'll say a little prayer and have everything crossed for you. :-(

Did you test yet barbiegirl?:)

• Advertisement

Not yet but l picked up tests today and think i'll test tomorrow though hubbie wants me to wait til Friday cause then we'll be 14 days from ovulation. I have had a few cramps could be settling or period. All confusing but scared to get my hopes up but don't think i can wait til Friday.
    Met consultant today and have to get all my tests redone plus doing my thyroid and blood clotting. Going to try ourselves until after our hols in august.
    All of this is of course if we're negative!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement