Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

I posted this earlier but realised this thread gets more traffic..

I feel a bit mad asking this question when I know it can take some people so long to concieve but...

I came off the pill on 31st March which was followed by a normal period. From the first day of my period, i counted to days 11-15 ttc. Now on what I would have called day 19, I have cramps and had a bit of mucus secretion which seemed to match the description of the pre-ovulation mucus. Anyways, we went hell for leather :) and now 5 days later, I feel like I've been run over. Have bloated tummy and light cramps, sore boobs and am absolutely shattered. Just cant seem to come to.
    Now this could be just my first real period in about 9 years but I am only dying to take a pregnancy test. Am i nuts? Sorry, I just get so excited at the thoughts....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

newbie! wrote: »
    I posted this earlier but realised this thread gets more traffic..

I feel a bit mad asking this question when I know it can take some people so long to concieve but...

I came off the pill on 31st March which was followed by a normal period. From the first day of my period, i counted to days 11-15 ttc. Now on what I would have called day 19, I have cramps and had a bit of mucus secretion which seemed to match the description of the pre-ovulation mucus. Anyways, we went hell for leather :) and now 5 days later, I feel like I've been run over. Have bloated tummy and light cramps, sore boobs and am absolutely shattered. Just cant seem to come to.
    Now this could be just my first real period in about 9 years but I am only dying to take a pregnancy test. Am i nuts? Sorry, I just get so excited at the thoughts....

You're not nuts lol. Nothing to stop you testing but for your own sanity, you're better off waiting til you're officially late to test.

You can be ''extra'' fertile in the first few months after coming off the pill, so you never know, you could be!

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Not yet but l picked up tests today and think i'll test tomorrow though hubbie wants me to wait til Friday cause then we'll be 14 days from ovulation. I have had a few cramps could be settling or period. All confusing but scared to get my hopes up but don't think i can wait til Friday.
    Met consultant today and have to get all my tests redone plus doing my thyroid and blood clotting. Going to try ourselves until after our hols in august.
    All of this is of course if we're negative!

Fingers crossed for you!! I didn't get my positive til 14/15 days past ovulation, so your hubby might be right! So hard holding off from testing, I hate to think of all the money I've piddled on:p:p

Thanks Lucyfur, both my sisters got pregnant very quickly after coming of the pill so I keep thinking I will too...could be bitterly dissappointed yet.

I know the clearblue tests can be taken up to 4 days before AF is due but I have no idea how long my cylce will be so it's a bit of a shot in the dark (pardon the pun)

Thanks Lucyfur, both my sisters got pregnant very quickly after coming of the pill so I keep thinking I will too...could be bitterly dissappointed yet.

I know the clearblue tests can be taken up to 4 days before AF is due but I have no idea how long my cylce will be so it's a bit of a shot in the dark (pardon the pun)

Yup, and first response can be taken 6 days before you're due, but from experience, you really are better off not testing til you're late.

I'm a divil for testing before I'm due and I never get a positive til I'm officially late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Tigeress - ill say a little prayer that everything is ok for you and your little baba - try not to worry - easier said than done tho, unless the cramping is really severe its probably nothing to worry about! Just stay positive and hopefully they will have good news for you tomorrow! x

Barbiegirl - I really hope this is ur month!! Try to hold off on testing, but even if you do and its negative i suppose it means u can forget about it for a couple of days...and then test again and hopefully be positive!!!:D

Wexy - welcome- it can be a long and trying journey with plenty of ups and downs (monthly ones generally!!:p) But being on this forum can help you to keep things in perspective and stay positive! Theres a wealth of knowledge on here, and loads of women who truly understand how you feel!! Everyone had good and bad days - so please feel free to share them or just have a rant!!

Well im due to ovulate sometime this coming weekend i think, or maybe mon-tue next. We 'trying' every 2nd day since day 4 so if not for us this month its def not cos we missed ovulation!! Feeling great really , happy and chilled out, went for a long run this evening and am so much the better for it! Love the summer time - it was summer when i became pregnant last time (July) and i have a lot of positive feeling about it happening again before the summer is out! Lots of nice long bright days to keep me entertained in the meanwhile tho!

Baby dust to all!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Oh Tigeress I'll have everything crossed for you for tomorrow, good luck x

Welcome Wexy, any questions just ask. Iv got PCO too but not the syndrome apparently, ie Iv no symptoms like hormone imbalance, bad acne, high testosterone leveles, over weight etc but I do have irregular periods so its impossible to judge when Im ovulating. Im on my 2 week wait after my 1st round of Clomid to regulate my cycle so may 5th cant come quick enough for me to test!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Best of Luck Barbiegirl :)
    x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Welcome to Wexy and Newbie :)

I am back into CD 5, and gearing up for peeing on sticks. :p This is cycle number 24 for me. I am going to talk to the doc next week to see what my next step in the process is, just in case.

Thinking of you this morning Tigeress xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wexy

Thanks dublin lady! I don't know about you but when facing ovulation, i can be either excited at the possibility of a baby or bored by the whole baby making process that seems to fail every month. I know this probably seems like a strange question but is it better to do the bold thing every day or every second day? Different people say different things... Good luck to you!

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Welcome to Wexy and Newbie :)

I am back into CD 5, and gearing up for peeing on sticks. :p This is cycle number 24 for me. I am going to talk to the doc next week to see what my next step in the process is, just in case.

What's CD?

So we did a test this morning? Negative as I probably knew it would be but I felt I had to do my first test to get it out of my system! I still feel different, sore, tired, cranky but then I have no idea what it's like to have a cycle when not taking the pill so it could be just period pains.

On a side note, was just thinking that buying tests could turn into a v pricey affair so just wondered where you all buy yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

So I got my scan.. They wrecken I'm 4.5 weeks as per the size of the Sac! The Doc couldn't see anything inside cause its too early.. Got bloods done and have to go back in on Friday to get more! They told me that my hormone level must go up at least 60% by Friday! I'll find out an hour after my bloods on Friday about the level.. & I've to go back in for another scan in 10 days. The Mid-wife told me from what they can see it looks like a normal early pregnancy but won't know till next scan if it's etopic..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Tigeress wrote: »
    So I got my scan.. They wrecken I'm 4.5 weeks as per the size of the Sac! The Doc couldn't see anything inside cause its too early.. Got bloods done and have to go back in on Friday to get more! They told me that my hormone level must go up at least 60% by Friday! I'll find out an hour after my bloods on Friday about the level.. & I've to go back in for another scan in 10 days. The Mid-wife told me from what they can see it looks like a normal early pregnancy but won't know till next scan if it's etopic..
    think positive tigeress . sounds good though so well done you /try relax ;)

Thanks Cordub :) I'm happy enough for now! Looking forward to the next scan in 10 days and maybe we'll see our little baba then :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

What's CD?
    oops! not supposed to use abbreviations on this site - sorry for the confusion! CD stands for Cycle Day. So my CD5 is Cycle Day 5.
    wrote:
    So we did a test this morning? Negative as I probably knew it would be but I felt I had to do my first test to get it out of my system! I still feel different, sore, tired, cranky but then I have no idea what it's like to have a cycle when not taking the pill so it could be just period pains.
    Sorry to hear about the test. It takes you a while to recognise the physical symptoms and emotions that go with your cycle. I found that my skin is very sensitive, labels and seams irritate me, I get worked up about the pile of glass recycling to be done (yep. Weird. :owithout fail every month!)
    wrote:
    On a side note, was just thinking that buying tests could turn into a v pricey affair so just wondered where you all buy yours?

I get mine from Access Diagnostics - about 40stg for 80 ovulation sticks and 25 pregnancy sticks -online. You can get them cheaper on ebay - working out at pennies a test. Detective Foxtrot posted a link to the ebay site she gets them from in this thread some months ago.

Doc called me from the hospital to say my bloods from this morning came back & they're at the exact hormone level they should be :) delighted!

Doc called me from the hospital to say my bloods from this morning came back & they're at the exact hormone level they should be :) delighted!
    brilliant am delighted for you ;);)

My doctor rang today. She reassured me a bit, told me there's nothing I can do to prevent another miscarriage, and to try to relax and enjoy being pregnant. I'm a nervous wreck. I keep touching my boobs to see if they're still sore. I caught myself wandering round work today, looking like I was groping myself. OMG I sound like a total basket case. Going to see her next week to have bloods done and arrange a scan.

Would you believe I did another test this morning:o I think I'm loosing the little bit of my mind I have left:eek:

Feeling good but terrified:p

Tigeress, I'm so pleased your scan and bloods went well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My doctor rang today. She reassured me a bit, told me there's nothing I can do to prevent another miscarriage, and to try to relax and enjoy being pregnant. I'm a nervous wreck. I keep touching my boobs to see if they're still sore. I caught myself wandering round work today, looking like I was groping myself. OMG I sound like a total basket case. Going to see her next week to have bloods done and arrange a scan.

Would you believe I did another test this morning:o I think I'm loosing the little bit of my mind I have left:eek:

With my son I did lots of tests, it is not easy but the end result is amazing, think of that.

Thanks hun! Delighted :) looking forward to the bloods on Fri & another scan in 10 days :)

Inknow what ya mean though I keep touching my boobs too lol and I'm a nervous wreck everytime I need to go to the toilet hoping there won't be anything there.. The Mid-wife told me something today though! She said New Pregnancy New Baby keep positive & it'll all work out! & it will for both of us xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I always used to walk around poking at my boobies when I was pregnant after my miscarriage. My friend at work noticed and asked what I was doing. When I told her she got on board and would give me the occasional poke too! What are friends for eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Tigeress Im delighted to hear your bloods are normal etc thats great news, do try to relax, easier said than done tho!

Iv my fingers and toes crossed for you both, Lucyfur & Tigeress :)
    Please God next week Ill be joining ye :D:eek::D
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Great idea for the thread

I have a 4 year old after one miscarriage and have been ttc for the last 14 months. Had a scan and all ok but my period are every 35-38 days therefore my doctor suggested clomid. I will start it in the next few days. Any suggestions from your own experience? Is it true ovulation happens between day 5-10 after last pill? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thank God Tigeress, so glad you got the all clear from the hospital. Haven't been on in a day or two, so the first post I read was where you said they were bringing you in for a scan and my heart stopped for a second for you.
    Here's hoping all goes well, now you're off to a good start :)
    Lucyfur wrote:
    ..... I keep touching my boobs to see if they're still sore. I caught myself wandering round work today, looking like I was groping myself. OMG I sound like a total basket case.
    PMSL, so funny :D

Welcome Newbie, iPearly & Wexy! Hopefully some of this babydust will rub off on you both!

Newbie never say never.....unless you have your period, I wouldn't take that negative as a definite just yet.
    I have been swotting up on the various pregnancy tests on the market.

Clearblue measures 50MLu's of HCG (pregnancy hormone), so if you were
    early on in your pregnancy; it may not register on that test yet.
    Whereas First Response measures as low as 6.3MLu.

(info taken from here: http://www.inhealth.ie/Departments/Fertility/First-Response.aspx)

So you might simply have tested a bit too early? Best of luck anyway, hopefully if this month isn't yours, then it will be soon :)

Barbiegirl I have my fingers & toes crossed for you this Friday.
    I'm in the same boat myself. Actually its really embaressing, my brain has gone to utter mush this month.
    I'm normally regimental with keeping track of my period/ovulation etc, except this month!

Firstly I thought my period was 16th last month, but it was 23rd of the month, so I had myself down as being late before I was.
    I tested (twice), got a big fat negative & got really disappointed.

Then I forgot the date that I ovulated. I can remember the film that was on that night (I googled it :o). Originally I thought it was April 11th, but now I think it may have been the 14th.
    I still have no period, I have tested 3 times already (slightly obsessive much? :o), but I just can't seem to let myself give up hope just yet.
    Not still Aunt flo pays a visit anyway.

If my dates (according to my google of the night said film was on Sky!) are correct for ovulation, then I should be 14 days tomorrow since ovulation.
    If I'm pregnant, then surely it should show up then?
    I'm now day 36 of my cycle, which I think is the longest I've had in a long time.

I'm quite possible losing it this month, I've been late plenty of times before, but I just can't seem to let go of hope just yet.

Anyway, sorry for the big ramble, bit sleep deprived :D:o

I've mild cramping all week, but so far no sign of period. If anything I'm getting (sorry if tmi!) a clear/white discharge

I have very very slight spotting this morning. Please keep everything crossed that it doesn't get any worse.

Is it too late for implantation spotting? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Lucyfur, don't panic, it could be nothing - we've just been down this path so you know it could be old blood or not significant. I think it's too late for implantation bleeding though. Get yourself to the early pregancy unit asap. They will be able to help you. My heart goes out to you. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wexy

Lucyfur, I've never had a pregnancy so can't speak from my own experience but that happened my sister in law a few weeks into the pregnancy. She was told to get plenty of bed rest in the coming days, and literally did just that. She now has a beautiful baby girl. I know its easy for me to offer a story but there probabaly is an explanation and fingers and toes crossed for you. ;)

laughing at the story one of you told ( can't navigate back to find out your name because i'm afraid my message will disappear!) but the girl who was trying to remember ovulation by googling the night a film was on sky!:D I'm like you, had been going for acupuncture and he always had a list of questions re cycle every time i went, so I had all my facts and figures for him. since i stopped i could hardly tell you when my period started!

anyway good luck to you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Lucyfur all my fingers are crossed for you. I think teh figures are 60% of pregnancies have some early bleeding and over 80% of those go on to complete pregnancies, so the figures are in your favour. Big hugs

Tigeress delighted that things are looking good.

Cap I'd have had no idea if I wasn't using the Clearblue tracker thingie. But I know tomorrow is 14 days since ovulation. So I'll test then, but actually scared to do it incase it says no. I kno my boobs have been sore since about 6 days after ovulation, so that is a good sign or I could be lining up for one hell of a period. It's all so scarey neither I nor hubie want to get our hopes up. But first thing tomorrow the test will be done and here's hoping.

All you neubies welcome.

iPearly check with your doctor, for me I know it was 6-8 days after last pill.

Aww Lucyfur hun are you ok?!? As Barbiegirl was saying it can be completely normal during early pregnancy! Maybe you should pop down to the early preg unit just to put your mind at ease.. They'll be able to see the Sac by now & check your hormone levels.. Just stay positive (hard as it is) your little bean needs you to keep positive :) it'll be ok! Big massive hugs xxxx

• Advertisement

I have very very slight spotting this morning. Please keep everything crossed that it doesn't get any worse.

Is it too late for implantation spotting? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow....
    Lucy fur I had spotting too it can last for weeks so try relax as hard as that is XXX

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement