Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Miscarrying again:mad:

Cramping way more than last time but bleeding isn't as heavy so far.

Waiting for doc to ring with a time for a scan.

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I'm so sad for you Lucyfur. Big hug!

Tests are still positive, which is normal enough.

Have a scan on Tuesday morning. Bleeding has stopped completely for now.

I don't really know what to think. With the last miscarriage, ALL my symptoms of pregnancy vanished. Boobs disappeared over night, so did my wee pot belly. This is totally different. My boobs are still huge (for me:o) and I still feel pregnant. Will see what the next few days bring.

Doc said to go for the scan regardless of what happens between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Oh lucyfur hope it's only a threaten. Take it very easy and have the scan. Big hugs

I'm cramping so think period on the way feel like a fool getting my hopes up still I know my baby is around the corner. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Lucyfur I really hope ur ok, what a terrible waiting game to be in, I really hope you can relax a bit and mind yourself over the weekend, we'll all be here for you if you need support, x

Barbiegirl, hope the waiting isn't driving you too mad like it does to me! Stay positive and as you say, even if it does come it doesn't mean you won't be pregnant this time next month!

I have pregnant sister in law coming for the weekend, she's really lovely but can see myself feeling v.jealous!!
    Ovulating in the next week tho so have that to focus on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Oh Lucyfur I'm so so so very sorry.. Try to keep your hopes up maybe it's just sympthoms of a MC but it's not an MC.. If there is anything I can do let me know :( huge hugs xxx

My cramps have started to get Alot sharper today :( hope it's not a sign of things going bad.. On the upside the cramps are less and less frequent.. In tomorrow for more bloods, guess I'll find out then.. Staying positive in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Lucyfur & Tigeress, my thoughts are with you! I am hoping for ye it'll all come good and this is just a little scare but nothing serious!

(still following this thread, and am hoping for all you wonderful ladies out there that babies will follow really soon!)

xx

Ye're so good ladies:)

I spoke to my doc and a nurse in the EPU for ages today. They're so nice:) My bleeding has eased off completely but the cramping is still coming in waves. I'm being as positive as I can but if I'm completely honest, I don't think this pregnancy will result in a baby in my arms:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Newbie never say never.....unless you have your period, I wouldn't take that negative as a definite just yet.
    I have been swotting up on the various pregnancy tests on the market.

Clearblue measures 50MLu's of HCG (pregnancy hormone), so if you were
    early on in your pregnancy; it may not register on that test yet.
    Whereas First Response measures as low as 6.3MLu.

Thanks a million for that. In the end I just stocked up on pregnancy tests and ovulation sticks on ebay. Waay cheaper than the chemists.

This is a really good thread. Full of great information and real stories. Good luck to all of you. Lucyfur I've only been reading your threads for 24hrs but I really wish you well. Will say a little prayer for you tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Lucyfur & Tigeress, my thoughts are with you both. Please God you will both be ok x

Lucyfur, if its any consolation I had a 3 day bleed in week 8 & went on to have a healthy little girl.
    My best friend bleed continuously throughout her pregnancy & also went on to have a healthy baby.

I really hope it all works out for you both and that all is well x

Barbiegirl I know exactly how you feel. Today would have been 14 days past ovulation for me, I woke up at 6am to test, got a (6th) big fat negative & for some stupid reason was devasted. I cried my eyes out.
    Wouldn't you think after the first 5 negatives this month I would've got the hint!
    Still no sign of aunt flo though. I wish at this stage it would hurry up and happen so I could close the chapter on this month & start again next month.

Newbie - no probs, I found Ebay great and also I recently found an Irish website http://www.inhealth.ie
    €11.99 for 20 tests, bargain!
    Big difference between €0.60c per test there versus the chemist prices of €10+ for digital tests :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Thinking of you Lucyfur, u must be out of your mind with worry, Please God you and your little bean will get through this x

Tigeress best of luck tomorrow :)

x

Morning everyone:)

Had an ok night, cramps didn't wake me up:)

Still cramping but bleeding hasn't returned. I really don't know what to think. Guess I'll know exactly what's happening on Tuesday.

Hugs and baby dust to all:)

Tigeress, thinking of you this morning, hope your bloods go well xx

Thank you so much to everyone who has us in their thoughts. I'm not religios but I'm praying to whoever will listen to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well my period just arrived :-( no baba this month :-( have to say we're both fed up of waiting.
    Cap a good cry can help so much. Lucyfur big hugs and Tigeress best of luck today.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Well my period just arrived :-( no baba this month :-( have to say we're both fed up of waiting.
    Cap a good cry can help so much. Lucyfur big hugs and Tigeress best of luck today.

Hugs chicken, I know, it's horrible xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Fingers and toes crossed for you Lucyfur and you Tigress. Me - I got my period yesterday which was 29 days since d&c. Was very upset :confused: Think it was a combination of having to start trying again, Lucyfur's news and hormones. Have enjoyed my month off trying to conceive.

So far it's not too bad ( normal really) as I was fearful of really bad cramps, clots and bleeding post d&c. It's different for everyone but that seems common enough.

Hugs to Grawns & Barbiegirl.. Sorry to hear the dreaded P arrived :( hope you're ok!

Lucyfur hope you're ok hun, I hope Tuesday comes quick & that you get good news!

I got my blood results back :) everything looks great thank goodness! My hormones have double & the mid wife said she is delighted with the results! They've booked me in for another scan on Mon 9th May :) I'm beginning to actually believe that this is our peanut & it'll be fine.. Looking forward to the scan to see our baba now!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hugs to Grawns & Barbiegirl.. Sorry to hear the dreaded P arrived :( hope you're ok!

Lucyfur hope you're ok hun, I hope Tuesday comes quick & that you get good news!

I got my blood results back :) everything looks great thank goodness! My hormones have double & the mid wife said she is delighted with the results! They've booked me in for another scan on Mon 9th May :) I'm beginning to actually believe that this is our peanut & it'll be fine.. Looking forward to the scan to see our baba now!
    ah brill news you never know tigeress it might be double trouble ;););) twins that is!!

Oh Cordub I'd love that hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

That's great news tigeress!! Now just try to relax and stay positive!!! :)

Hope your ok lucyfur and that the cramping is ok, my friend bled on and off the whole 9 months when she had her 3rd son, stay positive for your own and the babas sake! I'll keep everything crossed for you , x

Just a qn, probably silly, I have a really bad cold and chest infection at the mo and in general feel rubbish, can this affect ovulation?

Brilliant news Tigeress!! I'm delighted for you:D

Dublinlady- I'm not fully sure. Are you on an antibiotic?

I'm feeling a little better. I spent the day lying in the sun with my mommy, it was lovely, she's the best:D

Cramps have ease and the bleeding hasn't started up again. I'm beginning to feel a little bit hopeful:). It's AMAZING how a few hours of relaxation makes you so much more rational. I feel lovely and chilled:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

barbiegirl wrote: »

So sorry this month wasn't for you :(

I was in with my gp today & had a great chat about things, put my mind at ease a lot, so feel a lot more positive about this month :)

Lucyfur, great that you're getting to chill out today, it'll probably do you the world of good.

Tigeress, fantastic news from the hospital; I'm absolutely thrilled for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

after how many months of trying when is it time to see a doctor about it? also what happens when you do consult your doctor about it

talkin wrote: »
    after how many months of trying when is it time to see a doctor about it? also what happens when you do consult your doctor about it

Around 12 months talkin, that's if there are no other health problems. Hope you're ok x

thanks Lucyfur, think i mite go this month. really dont see how seen a doc will solve it though. hope yer all well

thanks Lucyfur, think i mite go this month. really dont see how seen a doc will solve it though. hope yer all well

I'm not sure what the steps are as I'm not trying 12 months yet. A lot of ladies here are trying 12 months and much more. It's a trying and emotional time. I think the first step are bloods to determine whether or not you're ovulating, and at what stage of your cycle it's occurring. As far as I know, this test is done in two stages, once before you would be expected to ovulate and once after. I would presume a scan would be arranged, to check the health of the ovaries and uterus.

I've had scans, they weren't clear but they didn't show anything that would hinder conception.

Thanks Ladies :) delighted and super positive!

Lucyfur I'm glad ya had a relaxing day with your Mum :) ya can't beat a Mammy Day :) keep positive it might not be anything bad hun! I'm not religious but I'll light a candle for ya xx

Tigeress wrote: »
    Thanks Ladies :) delighted and super positive!

Lucyfur I'm glad ya had a relaxing day with your Mum :) ya can't beat a Mammy Day :) keep positive it might not be anything bad hun! I'm not religious but I'll light a candle for ya xx

Ah!! Now you've made me all tear-y:o

Thank you hun, that means an awful lot xxx you're very kind:)

No bleeding today:D Boobs aren't as tender as they were but they're still massive:p

i always thought itd happen straight away! all the years i wasted buying the pill. it'd be worth seen a doc. my cycle has recently changed also from 30/31 to 39!

i always thought itd happen straight away! all the years i wasted buying the pill. it'd be worth seen a doc. my cycle has recently changed also from 30/31 to 39!

How long are you off the pill? With some pills, it can take months and months for fertility to return to normal.

• Advertisement

would be off it now nearly three years id say,was getting headaches n my blood pressuse was high every time i went to talk so he took me off it to see if that was it, was on yasmin. felt way better when i came off it so never went back on it. just tracked my cycle,thought i knew it to a tee!ha, get my ov cramp every month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement