Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thanks lucyfur! That's a bit of relief as yours sounds kinda Like mine! :)
    Really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, I can only imagine how stressful this weekend has been for you! Between you and tigeress I have all my fingers and toes crossed!!! :) stay positive ( and busy!! ;) )

Thank you chicken xxx Do you know, I have read nearly every page on the internet about spotting/bleeding/cramping in early pregnancy. I didn't thiink it was possible to read everything there is on a topic on the internet:p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

What time is your scan at Lucyfur? I'll be thinking of you in clinic tomorrow!

What time is your scan at Lucyfur? I'll be thinking of you in clinic tomorrow!

Thank you:D It's at 8am!! Feckin delighted it's so early! I rang them today, just to ask about the full bladder and did I need to bring a sample and how much water did I need to drink and........I ask an awful lot of question when I'm nervous:o:p
    She was lovely, told me''we're not dragons and there's no way we'd make you sit with a full bladder and shur it'd be far to painful!!! Come on ahead up and you can drink water up here if it's needed''. How nice is that?:D They were so good to me when I had the miscarriage too, I've great faith in them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

It's great Lucyfur when you trust them. I'm the same everyone in the coombe has been brilliant since last August.
    I dkn't think we could take a month off as with the miscarriages and all we've had so few months we could try. I'm just hormonal i'll feel better in a day or two plus just arranged a week in Bordeaux with friends in August. Something to look forward to. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Thank you:D It's at 8am!! Feckin delighted it's so early! I rang them today, just to ask about the full bladder and did I need to bring a sample and how much water did I need to drink and........I ask an awful lot of question when I'm nervous:o:p
    She was lovely, told me''we're not dragons and there's no way we'd make you sit with a full bladder and shur it'd be far to painful!!! Come on ahead up and you can drink water up here if it's needed''. How nice is that?:D They were so good to me when I had the miscarriage too, I've great faith in them:D

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

The very best of luck tomorrow Lucyfur, they sound lovely in the hospital - makes all the difference!

Barbiegirl, Bordeaux in August sounds fab! You're right, great to have something else to focus on. I would also find it very hard to take a month off.
    I don't know what my hurry is!

I've read about the 'sperm meets egg plan' on another website, what do ye think of this? At this stage I feel anything is worth a try, must stock up on Robittussin so!..........
    The Plan

Short Version:
    • "Try" every other night starting Day 8
    • Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
    • Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
    • When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    • Skip one night, then do one last "try"
    • Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
    • If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Statistics coming in from women who write me show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

This part in particular interests me & I'm going to try this month...
    If the Deanna-plan does not work and you are faithful to it for three months, take a dose of plain Robitussin cough syrup (or any cough medicine that says "expectorant" and NOT "antihistamine") each day (preferably a few hours prior to "trying") starting around Day 10 until the day after your ovulation predictor goes off. It should help make all the mucus in your body runnier, including that produced by your cervix. (Oh the gruesome details required in baby-making!) The sperm in the runnier mucus will live about two days, and will be up there and ready for the 12-hour life of the egg.

(Taken from here: http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm )

The very best of luck tomorrow Lucyfur, they sound lovely in the hospital - makes all the difference!

Barbiegirl, Bordeaux in August sounds fab! You're right, great to have something else to focus on. I would also find it very hard to take a month off.
    I don't know what my hurry is!

I've read about the 'sperm meets egg plan' on another website, what do ye think of this? At this stage I feel anything is worth a try, must stock up on Robittussin so!..........

This part in particular interests me & I'm going to try this month...

(Taken from here: http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm )

Thank you:D

Make sure it's the plain robittussin you use, and not any of the ones with added extras:) x

Exputex works too and it's cheaper;)

Thank you:D

Make sure it's the plain robittussin you use, and not any of the ones with added extras:) x

Lol, that's be like something I'd do too...take the one with antihisthimine & be out cold all night!

Lol, that's be like something I'd do too...take the one with antihisthimine & be out cold all night!

lol lol lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Plus antihistamines dry up secretions and so are good for colds, but not for us!! It's the plain robitusin chesty ur looking for as it contains guafenisen, I'm not sure about exputex as that contains a different ingredient called carbocisteine which breaks up thick mucus but does not encourage extra mucus secretion like guafenisen... Id stick with the robitusin chesty or benylin chesty non drowsy. I'm fairly well up on my over the counter products so thus information is accurate but not medical in accordance with this sites rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Period finished today so I will be on mucus / ovulation watch this week. It's crazy I am so nervous/excited, if all goes well and I end up pregnant my life as I know it will change forever, if I don't end up pregnant I know I will be obessing over why *takes deep breath*. Thank goodness I have somewhere to come and talk about this stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Best of luck tomorrow Lucyfur :-)
    We'll all b thinking of u
    X

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    I've just finished reading all 77 pages of this thread and 2 and a half hours later I'm ready to post :p
    I'm 30 almost 31 and my partner is 40 and we've just decided to start trying. My period has always been irregular so I've stocked up on ovulation strips to narrow down when I ovulate. I am currently on day 5 of my cycle so I'm due to start testing and trying next week so fingers crossed.
    Welcome Ms2011 - Hope your stay in ths forum is a short one and you get your sticky bean nice and quick ;)
    Tigeress wrote: »
    Lucyfur hun best of luck tomorrow xxx I'm sure everything will be just fine :)

I got some brown discharge today :( only once but it wa a bit.. Hoping it's all ok..

I am open to correction, but brown is ok I think - its the expanding uterus pushing out old blood to make room for more important things :) Try not to worry pet, but talk to a doc to put your mind at ease.
    Actually guys, could you explain to me what your ovulation pain is like? ...I'm finding it impossible to check by cervical mucous this month ...

Mine range from a twang to a dull ache in a large area of the abdomen and sometimes back that could last all day. Once or twice it was hard to straighten up fully from a stooped position. Sometimes it feels like a stitch, only lower - quite sharp. Mine is usually 2 fingerwidths from the point on the hipbone left or right of the bellybutton. Yours sound similar to some that I have had.

I found the same problem with the CM from time to time. I dont have any tips for what to do.

Lucyfur - Best of luck in the scan. Hope it all goes well for ya!

Me? got a positive Ov. test so gettin busy ;)

Neyite wrote: »
    Me? got a positive Ov. test so gettin busy ;)

Best of luck Neyite, fingers & all else crossed that this month will be yours!

I spoke to a gp Friday about ttc, it was funny, he told me to make sure I was 'trying' enough each month.
    Music to my husbands ears, GP prescribed more nookie :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

how did it go lucyfur?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

OMG all this news, I can't keep up.

Tigeress and Lucyfur big congrats to you both. Lucyfur I hope the scan shows that you are not miscarrying. please post soon! From your earlier posts it sounds like you are not passing clots so I am very hopepful for you. As many of the posters said it is probably implantation bleeding and the bean burrowing deep into your lining. I have everything crossed for you and more.

Tigeress, I get from your posts that you has a 'sense' that you were pregnant before you took the digi, is that the case? The body is amazing isn't it? your body was telling you you were up the duffer, brill!

AFM, I came back late last Friday night from Tenerife, packed a new bag and hopped on a plane to Scotland early the following morning, only got back late last night. It was a spur of the moment visit to family with my sis and mam. We had a ball. It was so great to have two holidays and not have time to be fretting about ttc, although I did miss you guys and the board (that goes without saying!). I'm on day 14. I didn't bring any of my ttc paraphernalia on hols (e.g. ov sticks, basal thermometer etc), just did the deed a few times. Then when I booked Scotland I feared I would ovulate over there, so me and OH did the deed late on Friday night when we got home from the airport (both wrecked!), and then late last night when I got home (both wrecked again!). Don't think I ovulated yet but have the tell-tale ovary twinges so know it must be just around the corner.
    I have no ov tests left anyway and am enjoying not testing. Having said that I just ordered 100 on eBay for €13! I'll probably ovulate before they get here but wanted to order them anyway for future cycles. I love to buy in bulk!

Re the hol, Tenerife was good, just what we needed. Cheap and cheerful. Got a good tan and relaxed and drank a plenty!

Girls, again, I am so overjoyed about your news and hope it all works out. the early days are so terrifying, as all you have really are positive tests, a few symptoms, and a blurry scan to go by.

I am getting on ok emotionally since the m/c, the only thing I can't yet bring myself to look at or be near are newborn baby clothes. It just crushes me, but having said that all in all I think I'm coping quite well. :)

I must also say a warm welcome to all of the newbies who've joined the chat thread. We are a mad box of frogs on here and we're recruiting! :D

i was going to go to doc today or 2moro but think im going to wait until next week and get cd3 blood tests done? maybe what do ye think on here could i just arrive at the docs next week tell him all my problems and also ask for cd3 on that day. i feel like it would be a waste going this week and than again next week? i always thought that since i wanted a baba so badly it would happen straight just like a fairy tale :(

Df- so delighted you had such a good time!!! Welcome back! :) all that relaxing and soaking in the sun will have done wonders for you!! It's also lovely yo have a month where you're a little more laid back with the 'trying' and ya know I'm convinced that's a much easier and quicker way to get pregnant.... Unfort it's rarely possible for us, as have been waiting too long and too impatient, and so when u manage to get a break like that where you can take a proper holiday you really need to make the most of it!! I think a break after a m/c can be really helpful to clear your head a bit too so that your mire able to cope with the process of trying in future months!
    Delighted you enjoyed your well deserved break anyway! :)

• Advertisement

talkin I would go tomorrow so they can refer you for your day 3 blood tests (also request a day 21* blood test - this will confirm if you are ovulating).
    My GP doesn't do blood test so it's always a referral. The actual blood tests are free.

(* Day 21 if you have circa a 28 day cycle, increase as appropriate, essentially the test should be done 7 days past ovulation). e.g. if you normally have a 35 day cycle, do your blood test on Day 28 as opposed to Day 21)

talkin wrote: »
    i was going to go to doc today or 2moro but think im going to wait until next week and get cd3 blood tests done? maybe what do ye think on here could i just arrive at the docs next week tell him all my problems and also ask for cd3 on that day. i feel like it would be a waste going this week and than again next week? i always thought that since i wanted a baba so badly it would happen straight just like a fairy tale :(

Oh talkin I know, it's so hard when you realise you have to start a process of seeing doctors when it's not something any of us ever believed we would do. I always thought 'infertility' happened to other people... Never me :( it's so so so upsetting. However being proactive and positive is the only way to move forward and closer to actually being pregnant, I would recommend going to doctor this week and having it all discussed and a plan in place, he/she will probably just send you to the nurse on day 3 to get bloods done and then when get results they will want to see you again and do day 21 bloods. In case the nurse is busy next week etc etc I would def go this week so there's no way you have to let another cycle pass. You will hopefully find it a great relief when you start the process, I know I did, so much that I also decided to stop it for the summer and just keep trying once I had the peace of mind that all the basic things were working!
    Best of luck, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Still no news from Lucyfur? Lets hope that no news is good news!

thank you so much for yer replys! this is the only place i can talk about it, i cant talk to my circle of friends about it even though they all know i want a baby i make that clear they just dont think we'r actively trying, when they see how broody i am they say ah its time to get the ball rolling now girl! :( i know im rambling now sorry! as far as the cd 21 blood test goes i dont know how ill figure out when to get that one! this cycles gonna be 41 days. last cylcle was 39 days maybe next cycle will increase even more!

also does ovulation cramp mean that i am ovulating??

talkin I would go tomorrow so they can refer you for your day 3 blood tests (also request a day 21* blood test - this will confirm if you are ovulating).
    My GP doesn't do blood test so it's always a referral. The actual blood tests are free.

(* Day 21 if you have circa a 28 day cycle, increase as appropriate, essentially the test should be done 7 days past ovulation). e.g. if you normally have a 35 day cycle, do your blood test on Day 28 as opposed to Day 21)
    i know the nurse at my doctors office does bloods-the last time she wasnt very good though :) bruise almighty!

hey talkin, just count back seven days from when you think you're due your next period, in the case of this cycle that would be day 34. It doesn't have to be bang on that date, but just can't be too near when you ovulated. The day 21 test is to check your progesterone, a hormone that surges are remains high in the phase after you ovulate and before your period. It takes about 3/4 days to increase after ovulation and then remains hight till your period arrives. Really this test could be done within a margin of a few days, so you could get it done on days 33 through 39 I would imagine. GL!

Oh talkin I know, it's so hard when you realise you have to start a process of seeing doctors when it's not something any of us ever believed we would do. I always thought 'infertility' happened to other people... Never me :( it's so so so upsetting. However being proactive and positive is the only way to move forward and closer to actually being pregnant, I would recommend going to doctor this week and having it all discussed and a plan in place, he/she will probably just send you to the nurse on day 3 to get bloods done and then when get results they will want to see you again and do day 21 bloods. In case the nurse is busy next week etc etc I would def go this week so there's no way you have to let another cycle pass. You will hopefully find it a great relief when you start the process, I know I did, so much that I also decided to stop it for the summer and just keep trying once I had the peace of mind that all the basic things were working!
    Best of luck, :)
    oh it is so scary-so many of my friends have accidently fallen pregnant and than theres me wanting one and its not happening. i keep saying to my OH oh we'l just stop trying and if it happens it happens but i cant do that. i want a baba of my own. i suppose if i found out it wasnt possible it might make things easier. better off knowing i guess.

hey talkin, just count back seven days from when you think you're due your next period, in the case of this cycle that would be day 34. It doesn't have to be bang on that date, but just can't be too near when you ovulated. The day 21 test is to check your progesterone, a hormone that surges are remains high in the phase after you ovulate and before your period. It takes about 3/4 days to increase after ovulation and then remains hight till your period arrives. Really this test could be done within a margin of a few days, so you could get it done on days 33 through 39 I would imagine. GL!
    thanks for reply so i guess maybe 7 days after when i get ovulation cramp

talkin wrote: »
    thanks for reply so i guess maybe 7 days after when i get ovulation cramp

exactly! Bear in mind though that you can get ov cramps a few days before actually ovulating (I do anyway). I'm getting twinges since Saturday but have not yet ovulated, it will probably happen in a day or so.
    Are you doing ovulation tests also?

• Advertisement

exactly! Bear in mind though that you can get ov cramps a few days before actually ovulating (I do anyway). I'm getting twinges since Saturday but have not yet ovulated, it will probably happen in a day or so.
    Are you doing ovulation tests also?
    i have to admit im not i got cheapies of the net found them very confusing! they came with no instructions or anything trying to figure out between dark line and light line-didnt like them. i know i get my ovulation cramp and exactly 14 well a max of 15days later period arrives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement