Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi ladies, i'm on my phone so i hope this works. Still in the hospital, have to stay in tonight:( they couldn't find the sac on the scan. I might be having another scan later. Did hcg levels and they'll repeat them thurs morn...hoping they double and hoping the reason that can't see the sac is cos i ovulated late x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

oh Lucyfur, have everything crossed for you, we're here if you get bored. I hope you're not on a trolley.
    It can be still early too early see the sac at this stage. It also depends on the technician and the quality of their equipment. The HCg will tell all. (((big hugs))) xxx

talkin wrote: »
    i have to admit im not i got cheapies of the net found them very confusing! they came with no instructions or anything trying to figure out between dark line and light line-didnt like them. i know i get my ovulation cramp and exactly 14 well a max of 15days later period arrives.

the best thing to do is use the cheapies from day 10, test once a day, use second morning urine after a long hold and no (or limited) fluid intake. You need concentrated urine for the cheapies. When you get what looks like a positive do a digital ovulation test, I guarantee you'll get the smiley face. this means you only use one expensive digi test each cycle (7 in a box to they'll last you 7 months). Using a full box of digi's a month is so wasteful I think, but a lot of ladies prefer them. I often get 'almost positives' on the cheapies, and then when I do the digi I get the smiley face.

you'll get a hundred cheapies for about 13 quid, and a box of 7 digi's for about 12 quid on eBay. If you want links let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Hi ladies, i'm on my phone so i hope this works. Still in the hospital, have to stay in tonight:( they couldn't find the sac on the scan. I might be having another scan later. Did hcg levels and they'll repeat them thurs morn...hoping they double and hoping the reason that can't see the sac is cos i ovulated late x

Lucyfur i really hope ur ok, what a horrible wait to have to go through, stay positive, as was already said it can depend alot on the technician and equipment, its so so tiny at this stage that it can be hard to see. Ill be thinkin of ya all evening, hang in there, x:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thinking of you and sending all my best wishes. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hoping and praying all goes well for you, best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

aww, hope everythings ok! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Lucyfur sending you big hugs :-(
    Dft welcome back glad you had a good break
    Talkin starting the process is scarey but fingers crossed will get you there eventually.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur,

Thinking of you, hopefully its just too early to see your bean. Stay strong. Big hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

You're in my thoughts Lucyfur, I hope you're ok x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Best of luck Lucyfur xxx I really hope everything will be ok :) I just lite a candle for you hun xx

Yeh welcome back DFT you've been missed :) glad to hear you had a great holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Thinking of you lucyfur (big hugs x)

Welcome home Detective, sounds like you had a ball!

Well my news is that Iv had really tender boobs since sunday, aching lower back yesterday and so got up this morning & thought Id do a test for the craic...

AF not due till friday.... I did the test, it was negative, had my shower & got dressed... Just before I left for work I thought Id have 1 more look at it... Pulled it out of the bin and there was a faint line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I nearly keeled over!!! :D

I ran off with a big stupid grin on my face ( DH already gone to work!:o)

Anyway I rushed off to get a first resp*s test for tomorrow.... :confused:

In my heart of Hearts I feel pregnant!!!

Super super super excited,
    fingers crossed :eek:
    super super super worried I'll have another MC and also soo afraid

a very happy but terrified Quin x

love & hugs to you all
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

Im back again, this time with better news. My beautiful wife missed her period over the weekend so we took a test yesterday morning - Pregnant, 1-2 weeks. We were delighted and shocked and a million other emotions. So just to be sure we went and got another one and waited till just before bed last night and took this one - Pregnant, 1-2 weeks.
    Now we dont know what to do next or what she should be taking vitamin wise or anything! I mean when do we call the doc to make an appointment?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

oooh..good luck quin. I've woken up with a headache every mroning for the past five days. Have very sore back if i bend over for even 10secs! Sore-ish boobs, knackered and high temp during the day. Did a pregnancy test last week-bfn. Again on sat night -bfn (knew it would be but i cannot be controlled when i get a bee in my bonnet). Right now I feel different but cannot decide if thats down to pregnancy or just having a menstrual cycle off the pill. Fingers crossed it's the former!

Am loving this thread... best of luck lucyfur. fingers and toes crossed for you. xx

Quins5 wrote: »
    AF not due till friday.... I did the test, it was negative, had my shower & got dressed... Just before I left for work I thought Id have 1 more look at it... Pulled it out of the bin and there was a faint line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I nearly keeled over!!! :D

I ran off with a big stupid grin on my face ( DH already gone to work!:o)

Anyway I rushed off to get a first resp*s test for tomorrow.... :confused:

In my heart of Hearts I feel pregnant!!!

Super super super excited,
    fingers crossed :eek:
    super super super worried I'll have another MC and also soo afraid

a very happy but terrified Quin x

love & hugs to you all
    x

How exciting!!! This why I love this thread! :)

Hi folks,

Im back again, this time with better news. My beautiful wife missed her period over the weekend so we took a test yesterday morning - Pregnant, 1-2 weeks. We were delighted and shocked and a million other emotions. So just to be sure we went and got another one and waited till just before bed last night and took this one - Pregnant, 1-2 weeks.
    Now we dont know what to do next or what she should be taking vitamin wise or anything! I mean when do we call the doc to make an appointment?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!
    There are men on this thread....gasp!!!

Congrats to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Whitelightrider!!! Fantastic news!

Fingers & Toes crossed for you tomorrow Quins5 ;)

newbie! wrote: »
    oooh..good luck quin. I've woken up with a headache every mroning for the past five days. Have very sore back if i bend over for even 10secs! Sore-ish boobs, knackered and high temp during the day. Did a pregnancy test last week-bfn. Again on sat night -bfn (knew it would be but i cannot be controlled when i get a bee in my bonnet). Right now I feel different but cannot decide if thats down to pregnancy or just having a menstrual cycle off the pill. Fingers crossed it's the former!

Fingers are crossed ;)

Quin, I hope hope hope your eggo is preggo! keep us posted!

congrats to you and your wife whitelightrider!

visit the doc and get the pregnancy dated. folic acid. If you're wife is already taking it double up the dose for good measure. A muti vitamin would be a good idea too. Google 'what not to eat when pregnant', the list is longer than you think, some stuff I never thought of like processed ham (e.g. waifo's) and pre packed salads (something to do with the chemicals they use to preserve the lettuce). Reduce caffeine. Cut down on very vigorous exercise (especially in first trimester).
    Most of all enjoy!

ETA: pamper your wife! she will be KNACKERED for the first few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

visit the doc and get the pregnancy dated. folic acid. If you're wife is already taking it double up the dose for good measure. A muti vitamin would be a good idea too. Google 'what not to eat when pregnant', the list is longer than you think, some stuff I never thought of like processed ham (e.g. waifo's) and pre packed salads (something to do with the chemicals they use to preserve the lettuce). Reduce caffeine. Cut down on very vigorous exercise (especially in first trimester).
    Most of all enjoy!

ETA: pamper your wife! she will be KNACKERED for the first few months

Yep, she's shattered already. Literally fell in the door at 5 this evening so I put her to bed for an hour and made the dinner.

Its not too soon to visit the doc yet so? Ill get the folic acid tomorrow for her and Ill put her on a multi vit. Im going to look at that list now and see what we can and cant eat. Thanks so much for your help. We're serious newbies!

not to early for the doc, but here's a link to a site where you can date the pregnancy yourself. You key in the date of the the first day of your wifes last period. ;)

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancycalendar/l/blpregcalc.htm

Yey Quin & Whiteknightrider :) congratulations to you both & your other halfs!!! Brill news xxx

Lucyfur any news yet hun? Thinking of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Quin and whitenightrider CONGRATULATIONS:D:D:D Delighted for ye:D

Got out about an hour ago, my God, what an ordeal. Went in for the scan on Tuesday morning and no sac was found. Midwife was quite pessimistic but asked me to want to see the doctor. Doctor came, lovely man, went through my history, asked loads about my son. Then he says that he's not happy wit the pains/cramps/spotting and told me I'd have to stay in!!! His english was perfect but he had a strong Nigerian accent, I was sitting there saying ''what?? what?? WHAT??'' lol. Genuinely shocked he wanted me to stay in. Annnyway....hcg was done and I was admitted....got my hcg levels last night, 335, which isn't great, but it's not terrible either. Back in in the morning to have them repeated, most of you know the drill there.

This morning, I saw the most loveliest, LOVELIEST gynaecologist. She told me that we have the right attitude, being cautiously optimistic. That said, my boobs don't really hurt anymore......but not gonna count my chickens yet. At least we'll know by tomorrow lunch time.

DFT, great to see you back:D

Tigeress, how are you lovely? Any more spotting? Thinking of you x

Lucyfur, here's hoping the bloods are good tomorrow.

Well I got news yesterday that just adds complications. I'm on notice that my job is at risk. In our company that means it is gone, as of end of June. They are giving me a decent payout, not huge but enought to keep us going for 3-4 months. The complication is obviously with the medical appointments, but if I can find a city centre of south side job I should be able to manage things around lunch, and obviously how to deal with the stress of looking for a job, starting a new job, and what to do if we are successful.
    This could be the best or worst thing still not sure.

Good luck lucyfur.
    Barbiegirl, changing jobs or loosing a job is always a toughie but hopefully things will settle down for you again quickly.

I am now on day 32 of my cycle. Am thinking of doing another test tonight. Keep feeling like AF is going to come but then nothing. Defo dont feel 100%. Am knackered and feel a little sore and bloated. Dread doing it tonight!

Newbie do your test. :-) Fingers crossed it will be positive for you, but if not just mark it in the diary and start looking at the plan for trying this month :-)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Newbie do your test. :-) Fingers crossed it will be positive for you, but if not just mark it in the diary and start looking at the plan for trying this month :-)

I just wish my period would come or else i get a positive test. In limbo otherwise! Shall report back later :eek:

Quin and whitenightrider CONGRATULATIONS:D:D:D Delighted for ye:D

Got out about an hour ago, my God, what an ordeal. Went in for the scan on Tuesday morning and no sac was found. Midwife was quite pessimistic but asked me to want to see the doctor. Doctor came, lovely man, went through my history, asked loads about my son. Then he says that he's not happy wit the pains/cramps/spotting and told me I'd have to stay in!!! His english was perfect but he had a strong Nigerian accent, I was sitting there saying ''what?? what?? WHAT??'' lol. Genuinely shocked he wanted me to stay in. Annnyway....hcg was done and I was admitted....got my hcg levels last night, 335, which isn't great, but it's not terrible either. Back in in the morning to have them repeated, most of you know the drill there.

This morning, I saw the most loveliest, LOVELIEST gynaecologist. She told me that we have the right attitude, being cautiously optimistic. That said, my boobs don't really hurt anymore......but not gonna count my chickens yet. At least we'll know by tomorrow lunch time.

DFT, great to see you back:D

Tigeress, how are you lovely? Any more spotting? Thinking of you x

Hey hun, hope you're doing ok! At least you'll know tomorrow & hopefully it'll be good news too! I'm good thanks hun.. Not able to eat a while lot with the sickness :( cramps I've pretty much gone unless I new to go the loo (sorry tmi) but the mid wife said thats normal, boobs are super sensitive I can't ly on my tummy at night as they're so soar! No more spitting just that once & it was a brown/yellow it's hard to explain I'm not worried though as it was once off! Counting down the days till my scan on Mon :):) to be honest I'm doing great & feel great & very positive :) very excited hehe my partner can't get Mon off work though so I have to go to the scan on my own as we don't wanna tell a soul till at least 10 weeks..

Barbiegirl so sorry to hear about your job :( I worked for a company I love for a few years & they went into liquidation I was devastated.. & it happened again with the job I got afterward! But I'm lovin the job I'm in now :) it'll all work out in the end hun! Maybe a few weeks off will get ya all relaxed and help with the TTC stress too! I hope you're ok! Try not to worry too much though hun!

• Advertisement

hi barbiegirl, sorry to hear the news about our job. Things are so uncertain everywhere at the mo, I'm in one of the big banks (too ashamed to say which!) and we are all waiting on redundancy news. My OH is out of work so if I get let go I'll be handing over the keys to my house in my exit interview (I am mortgaged with them!). Hope it all works out hon, thinking of you.

Lucyfur, I must express my admiration for your strength, positivity and courage. I hope it all works out. What 'day past ovulation' are you? that hcg sounds ok, I'll check it out on beta base for you x

AFM, I'm day 15. crazy ovulation pain today but still neg on the cheapies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement