Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Newbie do your test. :-) Fingers crossed it will be positive for you, but if not just mark it in the diary and start looking at the plan for trying this month :-)

BFN. A bit gutted to be honest but I know I have no right to be when i read how long some people have been trying. Tomorrow's always another day. On the plus side, husband is in for another fun month!

If I dont get a period this month, when should I even try to use the ovulation sticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

hi barbiegirl, sorry to hear the news about our job. Things are so uncertain everywhere at the mo, I'm in one of the big banks (too ashamed to say which!) and we are all waiting on redundancy news. My OH is out of work so if I get let go I'll be handing over the keys to my house in my exit interview (I am mortgaged with them!). Hope it all works out hon, thinking of you.

Lucyfur, I must express my admiration for your strength, positivity and courage. I hope it all works out. What 'day past ovulation' are you? that hcg sounds ok, I'll check it out on beta base for you x

AFM, I'm day 15. crazy ovulation pain today but still neg on the cheapies.

Barbiegirl and DFT, I'm so sorry to hear about the possible redundancies. I know there's never a good time for it to happen but christ, ye're going through enough at the momentfrown.gif

DFT, that's a really lovely thing to say, thank you xx
    I thought it was a bit low as I'm getting positive pregnancy tests since the 22nd (extremely faint positive). Myself and the Gynae doc were sitting on the bed this morning having a ''right, lets just say your hcg was 50 on the 22nd.....'' convo, to see was it at all viable, and it is, but just about.

As for ovulation dates, I thought I ovulated around the 7th-9th april, which would've been 2 weeks post miscarriage. I don't temp, I just go by cramps and cervical mucous. Had very mild cramps and some fertile cervical mucous around the 7th.....thought that was it....but looking back on my diary, I had more fertile mucous around the 15th. We would've done the deed accordingly coming up to the 7th.....and we always do it at the weekend, which would cover the 15th....Feel like I'm clutching at straws here lol.

Newbie, I'm sorry you didn't get your positive ((hugs)) hun xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Myself and the Gynae doc were sitting on the bed this morning having a ''right, lets just say your hcg was 50 on the 22nd.....'' convo, to see was it at all viable, and it is, but just about.

Lucyfur - i really really hope the above is correct, theres nothing to do but to stay positive at the moment, i hope you and himself are coping ok :(

barbiegirl - that is completely rubbish about your job, is there no way it will be safe? as lucyfur said this is seriously the last thing you need right now. altho...i try to believe everything happens for a reason (easier to say than believe sometimes) and so hopefully whatever happens it will work out the best for you!

Newbie - sorry you got a negative, no matter how long you've been trying when you want a baby you just want a baby, so the disappointment is the same each time! the frustration however....grows!!!

as for me...day 18, presuming ive ovulated in last few days (i find it really hard to tell) but because of your responses about ovulation cramping id say thats what i had on day 15/16. For some reason im feeling really positive about this month....which is not a good thing....further to fall and all that :eek::o:eek: well it certainly wont be the lack of trying this month that will have ruled us out!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I too am facing redundancy in a couple of months, I was initally wondering if it was the right time to consider trying to have a baby but as someone pointed out, if I were to wait for the perfect time I might never have children. On the plus side though I always liked the idea of staying at home with my children at least until they were of school going age so it looks like that might happen after all!:)

I'm currently on CD9 did the deed last night as recommended though CM wasn't right yet and still testing negative on the ovulation sticks. On the down side my OH woke up ill this morning, achey and lacking in energy, bad timing or what :rolleyes: My expected fertile days are Friday through to next Tuesday so I will be going home from work tonight and hooking him up to a Lemsip drip :D;)

newbie! wrote: »
    BFN. A bit gutted to be honest but I know I have no right to be when i read how long some people have been trying. Tomorrow's always another day. On the plus side, husband is in for another fun month!

So sorry to hear this, hope next month brings better news x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

ok Lucyfur, hcg ranges are very very broad, but here's what I've found on betabase:

If you ovulated on 9th April you would be 25 days past ov. If it was the 15th you are 19 days past ov.
    Ranges of hcg for successful singleton pregnancies are:

median
    lowest
    highest
    25 dpo --- 4298
    36,984 (yours is higher than the lowest reported)
    19 dpo --- 608
    12,366 (yours is higher than the lowest reported)

newbie! wrote: »

If I dont get a period this month, when should I even try to use the ovulation sticks?

you have every right to be gutted. It doesn't matter how long you're trying. When ttc the first days of a new cycle are always a pain in the arse. Then you start looking forward to ovulating and 'getting busy' and the cloud soon passes :)

ok Lucyfur, hcg ranges are very very broad, but here's what I've found on betabase:

If you ovulated on 9th April you would be 25 days past ov. If it was the 15th you are 19 days past ov.
    Ranges of hcg for successful singleton pregnancies are:

median
    lowest
    highest
    25 dpo --- 4298
    36,984 (yours is higher than the lowest reported)
    19 dpo --- 608
    12,366 (yours is higher than the lowest reported)

This is good.......

I'm worried about my boobs....(how daft does that sound:p)
    They're not nearly as sore as they were, and they were the first thing to go when I was miscarrying.

I feel hungover which is incredibly unfair as I haven't been pi$$ed in way too long:p

Lucyfur wrote: »
    This is good.......

They're not nearly as sore as they were, and they were the first thing to go when I was miscarrying.

I feel hungover which is incredibly unfair as I haven't been pi$$ed in way too long:p

I hate to say it but my sore boobs were the first to go too. anyway, lets keep positive; the HCG numbers are what it's all about and you are in range girl! ;)
    the hungover feeling is a REALLY good sign too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Newbie I'm sorry you got a negative. As to when to start testing with ovulation sticks if you don't get a period, I think you need to talk to your doctor.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I spent today being sorry for myself, but then looked on the net and plenty of jobs there I just need to sell myself properly. :-) Now the doggies are walked and I feel better. I've been thinking about a change for a while so maybe now is the time.

Lucyfur so long as it's climbing you're there :-) Fingers crossed and every positive thought going your way.

Dublin Lady, MS2011 and DFT enjoy the baby making ;-)

• Advertisement

This is good.......

You've got some good positive signs though, best wishes that they keep coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

hi all im new here and i have to say im glad im not alone in the trying to concieve even tho ive often felt it. myself and my lovely supportive future hubby have been trying for over a year and ive been to my wonderful doc who has found ive an underactive thyroid and possible pcos so im waiting on a scan to prove it. in one sense im happy ive a reason for it taking us so long to concieve on the other im now stressing out more that its never going to happen and im getting increasingly more and more jealous of all the people around me getting pregnant and me not. im just happy there is more people out there that are going though similar situations.

good luck to all of you on your baby journey
    caroline

Yeah, the boob thing is a worry. I don't think my levels will climb. I hate saying that cos it's negative but, oh I don't know. If it's not this time it'll happen again, I know we'll all get our babas:D

And if I can take a positive out of any of the badness, it's that all this has made me even more aware of how amazing my other half is. He had to work yesterday, and work a ridiculously long shift. We were texting and chatting on the phone all day and at one point I was upset over my mother being an @rse. His car was in the garage so I knew, even if he was to get out of work early, he was screwed for transport. He turned up at the hospital at 6, after telling his boss he had to leave, and got the train, all because I needed a hug:o:D:cool: Where we live, we're on exactly blessed with public transport so I thought it was very sweet.

^^I'll read back on that when I'm not hormonal and I'll gag at the soppy-ness of it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Lucyfur what time is your bloods at tomorrow? I really really hope all will be ok hun x I'll be watching the chat like a hawk tomorrow waiting to hear & hoping its all good :)

DFT your great with all the info :) we're blessed to have you x how are you doing?

Tigeress wrote: »
    Lucyfur what time is your bloods at tomorrow? I really really hope all will be ok hun x I'll be watching the chat like a hawk tomorrow waiting to hear & hoping its all good :)

DFT your great with all the info :) we're blessed to have you x how are you doing?

8.45am:D It'll be after lunch when I get the results. Last time, the doc gave me her pager number so I could ring myself and get the results, rather than waiting for them to ring me-hope that happens again.

I've been signed off work for the foreseeable future so I'll update ye as soon as I know!! Either way, I'll need ye're support!

It's mad, I'm not even allowed go swimming. No running I can understand but swimming is gentle?

Convo was funny.

Me; Can I swim?
    Doc; No
    Me; Ok, I take it I can't run either?
    Doc; Absolutely not.
    Me; Can I work?
    Doc; No, wait hang on, what do you do?
    Me; I work with kids.
    Doc; Haha!!! No way.
    Me; Til when?
    Doc; Til I say so.

END OF CONVO.

She's brilliant, even if this isn't successful, I want her to be my gynae forever:D

So true:D

ah thanks girlies :o

Lucyfur, I love your soppy post, your OH is the sweetest! :)

ah thanks girlies :o

Lucyfur, I love your soppy post, your OH is the sweetest! :)

He is and God love him, he's hurting so much and he's being so strong for me. He's the best of the best:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Some lovely heart warming posts here tonight :)

Lucyfur, your husband sounds like an absolute dote, I'm so glad you have him by your side going through this testing time.
    I'm hoping & praying that your news will be positive.
    I'm also absolutely in awe of your continuously positive attitude.

Newbie - please don't feel you have any less of a right to feel disappointed because you haven't been trying long. I think whether you've been trying one month or 100 months, the disappointment of getting the negative result when you're late/convinced it'll be positive is still difficult.
    I was 10 days over altogether last month & the same as you, the longer i went over, the more I convinced myself I would get a positive, but it was just mother nature being a pain in the ar$e!

DFT, MS2011 & barbiegirl; I'm so sorry for you all with your current work predicament. I understand only too well the horrible feeling of insecurity in the workplace at the moment.
    The only thing is, I do believe everything happens for a reason.
    Hopefully you will all either find yourselves new positions.
    DFT - you have definitely got a vocation in educating people in TTC, would you not consider writing a book about it?
    You have such a brill way of explaining things in a straightforward, uncomplicated way.
    The amount of times I've googled stuff, not had a clue but came on here & found the precise answer is what makes this thread such a brilliant resource :)

Carlyam2 - welcome on board! Its great that you have some kind of explanation to why things were taking a bit longer than expected. Hopefully your journey in ttc wont be too much longer & you will be reporting your positive here soon :)

Ms2011, can I borrow that lemsip drip when himself is finished with it? :D I'm like a crock here, just as well I didn't get my bfp this month, I'm knackered as is!

Tigeress - so glad to hear all is progressing well with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks so much folks. Doc has been called and appointment is on Friday. Fingers crossed itll all go well.
    Folic acid tabs have been bought and she is taking them (so far) and Im reading through what seems like thousands of what not to, and what to eat!!!

• Advertisement

*twiddles thumbs*

Midwife has my number stuck to her computer monitor. She PROMISES to ring me as soon as the results are in (I was gonna make her pinky promise, just to try to lighten the mood a bit....but I didn't:p).

Gynae said they have to go up by 60% but EPU say 50% is sufficient...not much in the difference but every little helps I suppose.

Hope you're all well and happy today, Quins5 how are you chicken? Ok I hope?

Thanks so much folks. Doc has been called and appointment is on Friday. Fingers crossed itll all go well.
    Folic acid tabs have been bought and she is taking them (so far) and Im reading through what seems like thousands of what not to, and what to eat!!!

Just stay away from any soft cheese & mouldy cheeses also all types of processed luncheon meats.. Thats all my Doc advised apart from the obvious Ciggarettes & Alcohol! I'm nearly 6 weeks & I'm taking the Pregacare tablets as my Doc told me these were best as the have the daily Folic Acid along with all other vitamins needed :) I also take Omega 3 capsules as per my midwife.. Hope this helps :) I'm sure tomorrow will go great for you :) best of luck a anyways :) let us know how you get on x

*twiddles thumbs*

Midwife has my number stuck to her computer monitor. She PROMISES to ring me as soon as the results are in (I was gonna make her pinky promise, just to try to lighten the mood a bit....but I didn't:p).

Gynae said they have to go up by 60% but EPU say 50% is sufficient...not much in the difference but every little helps I suppose.

Hope you're all well and happy today, Quins5 how are you chicken? Ok I hope?

Lucyfur I have fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed for you xxx hopefully they'll let you know real soon! Is your OH with you today?

Lucyfur I have fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed for you xxx hopefully they'll let you know real soon! Is your OH with you today?

He's here til about 12 and then he has to go to work. I don't mind, I have to collect Lucyfur junior from school at 3 and he'll keep me occupied for the evening if the news is bad.

Tigeress, I'm so so SO happy your pregnancy is going well. SO happy:D

Whitelightrider, do everything Tigeress said-folic acid is very very important, make sure Mrs whitelight is taking is EVERY DAY. My doctor had me on it 3 months before we started trying.

Thanks Lucyfur :) glad to hear you won't be on your own :) I think it'll be good news though :)

I think I'm going a little big bit crazy:eek:

Still no word...if I still have no word by the time I get back from collecting monkey-chops, I'm gonna have to ring them myself....stomach is in KNOTS:o

I think I'm going a little big bit crazy:eek:

Still no word...if I still have no word by the time I get back from collecting monkey-chops, I'm gonna have to ring them myself....stomach is in KNOTS:o

Any word yet hun?! Thinking of you xxx

Any word yet hun?! Thinking of you xxx

Nothing!!! My mate is texting me and keeping me sane!! I have to go in a few minutes so at least that'll occupy me for a while!!

Is your scan Friday or Monday? I can't remember if you said the 6th or the 9th.....Can't wait to hear how you get on:D

Nothing!!! My mate is texting me and keeping me sane!! I have to go in a few minutes so at least that'll occupy me for a while!!

Is your scan Friday or Monday? I can't remember if you said the 6th or the 9th.....Can't wait to hear how you get on:D

I hope you hear soon! Can't believe they're just leaving you wait like this! What time are you gonna call them?
    It's Monday 9th :) can't wait! Although my OH can't get the time off so I have to go alone

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Levels have gone from 335 to 7hundred and something, I stopped listening when she said she had good news:p:p:o

780.....something around that.

DELIGHTED.

In for another scan on Thursday morning:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement