Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thrilled for you - take things easy, hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Lucyfur - congrats! That's fantastic news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

oh congrats lucyfur :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh yeaaaah!!!! At work but couldn't stop thinking about ya so had to log on and check!!! So so so relieved and delighted!! This baba is here to stay!! :):)
    Huge congrats, x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Fantastic Lucyfur that's made my day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

OMG you have to be the nicest bunch of people ever:D

Thank you so so so so much, not counting our chickens just yet, gonna keep up the positive thinking and continue to be cautiously optimistic, but with slightly less nerves. Absolutely thrilled the levels have risen.

There was a girl in hospital today who has been there every time I've been in, I hope she's ok. I never realised just how busy the EPU is. So many people with worry written all over their faces, so many trying to be positive. The midwives are amazing, I don't think I could do their job.

Keeping my angels close to me, hoping and praying they'll protect this little baba xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

:):):):):):):):):):)

Lucyfur, brill news. You're bean isn't going anywhere, getting way to comfy in there! yay

Whitelightrider, I probably freaked you out about googling 'what not to eat', sorry. :o I think you need to take a measured approach to this, some people go overboard and avoid lots of things. This is the wrong thing to do. "everything in moderation, including moderation" as my wise oul mam always says.
    Really the important this is what to eat MORE of. They key item is protein. Protein is what will build your baby, literally - his bones, flesh, organs. Eat lots of green veggies, any veggies really. Lots of water (your wife will become constipated, it's practically guaranteed).
    As a pp said take a multi vit (make sure it contains no vitamin A - very important) and a fishoil supplement, fish oil is superb for brain development, and that's what's developing now as we speak, brain and heart. Sanatogen do a good combo pack; one pack of vits and one pack of fish oil caps.

This is what I avoided and will avoid in future (as advised by GP):

- any rare meat. Eat lots of meat but it must be cooked through
    - unpasteurised or mouldy cheese
    - raw egg white (suprisingly found in a few things e.g. carbonara)
    - any fish containing high levels of mercury (there's a google list, most of'em we don't eat here anyway)

I'm not to bothered about deli meats and pre packed lettuce tbh, but I'd watch my intake, i.e. not eat it any way regularly.
    GL

Cap, thanks for your kind thoughts on the job front and for the compliments. I am no fountain of knowledge, I merely pass on what I hear and learn from other experts on the various sites, and I learn a lot from everyone on here too.

Ladies, when we all have our babba's we so have so do a mammy and baby meet up!

AFM, I got a smiley face on the digi today, after my internet cheapie confirmed the surge. Waahey! Poor OH is worn out. We did the deed last night and will be going again tonight. I don't think he can cope mentally with 2 nights in a row, but physically he better be up to the challenge! ;)

:):):):):):):):):):)

Lucyfur, brill news. You're bean isn't going anywhere, getting way to comfy in there! yay

Whitelightrider, I probably freaked you out about googling 'what not to eat', sorry. :o I think you need to take a measured approach to this, some people go overboard and avoid lots of things. This is the wrong thing to do. "everything in moderation, including moderation" as my wise oul mam always says.
    Really the important this is what to eat MORE of. They key item is protein. Protein is what will build your baby, literally - his bones, flesh, organs. Eat lots of green veggies, any veggies really. Lots of water (your wife will become constipated, it's practically guaranteed).
    As a pp said take a multi vit (make sure it contains no vitamin A - very important) and a fishoil supplement, fish oil is superb for brain development, and that's what's developing now as we speak, brain and heart. Sanatogen do a good combo pack; one pack of vits and one pack of fish oil caps.

This is what I avoided and will avoid in future (as advised by GP):

- any rare meat. Eat lots of meat but it must be cooked through
    - unpasteurised or mouldy cheese
    - raw egg white (suprisingly found in a few things e.g. carbonara)
    - any fish containing high levels of mercury (there's a google list, most of'em we don't eat here anyway)

I'm not to bothered about deli meats and pre packed lettuce tbh, but I'd watch my intake, i.e. not eat it any way regularly.
    GL

Cap, thanks for your kind thoughts on the job front and for the compliments. I am no fountain of knowledge, I merely pass on what I hear and learn from other experts on the various sites, and I learn a lot from everyone on here too.

Ladies, when we all have our babba's we so have so do a mammy and baby meet up!

AFM, I got a smiley face on the digi today, after my internet cheapie confirmed the surge. Waahey! Poor OH is worn out. We did the deed last night and will be going again tonight. I don't think he can cope mentally with 2 nights in a row, but physically he better be up to the challenge! ;)

What are you doing on the internet?????? GO TO BED WOMAN!!!!!!

Thank you, hopefully it's a sticky bean:D

A meet would be brilliant, I'd love that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Thank you so so so so much, not counting our chickens just yet, gonna keep up the positive thinking and continue to be cautiously optimistic, but with slightly less nerves. Absolutely thrilled the levels have risen.

I just let my breath out. Have been so anxious over your tests :o. I am both thrilled and cautiously optimistic for you. xx

Grawns wrote: »
    I just let my breath out. Have been so anxious over your tests :o. I am both thrilled and cautiously optimistic for you. xx

Oh!!!! I really don't know what to say!! You are all so nice. Grawns, thank you so much xxx How are you?

Right now, between all of you, and the very few in real life who know, I feel like I'm surrounded by positivity and it really is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

What are you doing on the internet?????? GO TO BED WOMAN!!!!!!

lol. well it was about 10.30pm last night, so I'll give him 24 hrs to replenish the spermies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lucyfur your post made me a little teary eyed, so happy all is going well for you and long may it continue.

Just a quick question, my OH is a little ill at the moment (man flu I suspect! :)) so I packed him off to the doctor yesterday who put him on an antibiotic. Does anyone know if this will effect his sperm production???

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Lucyfur your post made me a little teary eyed, so happy all is going well for you and long may it continue.

Just a quick question, my OH is a little ill at the moment (man flu I suspect! :)) so I packed him off to the doctor yesterday who put him on an antibiotic. Does anyone know if this will effect his sperm production???

Thank you, your support means so much xx

I think some antibiotics can interfere with sperm mobility but I have no idea which ones....could you give yours/his doctor a call in the morning?

x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Oh!!!! I really don't know what to say!! You are all so nice. Grawns, thank you so much xxx How are you?

Right now, between all of you, and the very few in real life who know, I feel like I'm surrounded by positivity and it really is lovely.

I'm grand Lucyfur and so relieved for you. Today is day 8 of my cycle so I'm all geared up to get trying again. I did enjoy having non-procreational sex but it's time to get it on :D

Well it's official... I'm loosing my mind to this process, I've been really nauseous for last 24 hrs... Have convinced myself I'm pregnant.... I'm only on day 19 of cycle!!! Haha!

Grawns wrote: »
    I'm grand Lucyfur and so relieved for you. Today is day 8 of my cycle so I'm all geared up to get trying again. I did enjoy having non-procreational sex but it's time to get it on :D

Yay:cool: Glad you're doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I think some antibiotics can interfere with sperm mobility but I have no idea which ones....could you give yours/his doctor a call in the morning?

x

Thanks, I think I'll give her a call, he's on them for 7 days which is slap bang in the middle of my fertile week, Murphy's Law I guess :rolleyes:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Thanks, I think I'll give her a call, he's on them for 7 days which is slap bang in the middle of my fertile week, Murphy's Law I guess :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll be one that won't have any ill affects:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur - Great News !!! Was thinking of you at work and hoping your levels were getting higher today. \0/

Detective - Welcome back from hols. Would love a week on a sunlounger somewhere right now. Hope you got a nice rest.

Whitelightrider - Congrats on your this whole new world that has just opened up for you.

Carlyam2 - Welcome to the madhouse. Feel free to bawl your eyes out at the pregnant women you see - we have all been there. While I dont have a thyroid problem, I do have prolactin issues that require meds from an endocrinologist so we are *kinda* similar.

Me? Its "business time" as I got my LH surge two days ago, and ovarian twinge yesterday. We are knackered from all the riding. :p, Grawns, this will be you next week!

Barbiegirl - atta girl - chin up, hope this job move opens up brand new oppertunities for you.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

** On the telly tonight**

there is a programme on BBC1 at 21.00 and BBC1 HD at 23.00 called "inside the human body" and its about the sequence of biological events leading up to birth.

Im presuming its to do with conception so Ive set it to record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

:):D:):D:):D

Oh Lucyfur Im soooo happy for you!!! Iv been thinking of you all day! Heres to a wonderfully happy and healthy pregnancy for all of us :D x

Im offically 4 weeks pregnant today :)

Im soo happy but also beyond terrified Ill have another mc, Im so afraid to think ahead as my heart was ripped out of my chest before christmas. I had imagined every step of the pregnancy and at what stage I would be at at various family gatherings etc I think Im kind of just living each day and enjoying being pregnant without thinking too far ahead :)

Ms2011, balls to the antibiotics! Heres hoping it wont affect him!

Good luck Grawns, have fun over the next few days :D

And you better not be on here Detective! Get up that stairs! ;)

Thinking of you too tigeress, hope you're keeping well x

fingers crossed for all of us

baby dust to all x
    (I love you guys on this thread! I want you all to come with us to the pregnant thread! :D Im defo up for a meet up with all our babies pls god :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Quins5 wrote: »
    :):D:):D:):D

(I love you guys on this thread! I want you all to come with us to the pregnant thread! :D Im defo up for a meet up with all our babies pls god :D)

oooh..I'd love to go to the babythread! I'm on day 33 of my cycle and still no AF..grrrrr :mad:

Neyite wrote: »
    ** On the telly tonight**

there is a programme on BBC1 at 21.00 and BBC1 HD at 23.00 called "inside the human body" and its about the sequence of biological events leading up to birth.

Im presuming its to do with conception so Ive set it to record.

:eek:

I'm watching it now. James' sperm have 2 tails and can't swim.

Adam has lazy, directional-less sperm and although they can swim, they don't know where they're going........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Yey Lucyfur :D so so so Soooooooo delighted for you hun xxx brill news :) you must be on cloud 9 :)

Quin Congrats hun xxx delighted for you! Try not to worry (easier said than done as I'm the same myself) but your little baba needs you to be positive positive :) x

Dublinlady you're certainly not going loola hehe maybe it's your body telling you that you are pregnant?! I really hope you are! Fingers crossed hun!

Not sure who posted but someone was diagnosed with a Thyroid prob recently?! I have the same prob I'm on daily Meda to regulate it most likely for the rest of my life but it's working! I was so ill before I was diagnosed and now nothing! The great news is the tablets for helping your thyroid to work do not in any way interfer with TTC but your thyroid being out of whack does! Cut out salt, broccoli, sweat potato & cabbage as these are too high in iron and can make the thyroid prob worse! I hope this info helps :)

I have to say I'm addicted to you ladies :) I love coming on everyday and seeing your posts! I know deep down that everyone on this site will have their chance of a baba this year! I'm not religious is any way or form but I do believe that lighting candles helps is some way (corny I know) & I light then daily for all my friends here :)

A meet up would be great!

:eek:

I'm watching it now. James' sperm have 2 tails and can't swim.

Adam has lazy, directional-less sperm and although they can swim, they don't know where they're going........

AND.....there's a woman on now who is pregnant with her 16th child.

SIXTEENTH.

AND.....there's a woman on now who is pregnant with her 16th child.

SIXTEENTH.

Fuuuu.....:eek:

Neyite wrote: »
    Fuuuu.....:eek:

I know!!!! That's exactly what I said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Omg @ the poor woman who had to go a 2 hour walk to the maternity clinic :eek:
    Can't believe the husband only get her a motorbike lift when she was a third of the way there.
    Fair play to her, and her little baby was absolutely gorgeous!

I thought the bit at the beginning was very well done. Makes you wonder sometimes how any woman ever gets pregnant when you see all the obstacles the sperm have on the way there.

Love all you ladies on here too!!! just had to add that!!
    its funny tho...i am convinced this is our month....i have no idea why...this is bad tho...the higher my hopes the further to fall...:o

have that programme set to record on HD so thanks for that tip off! :)

Theres a lovely vibe on here at the mo with all our newly pregnant ladies! Its so great to be able to absorb all the positivity!! Makes it all feel so much more possible!!!
    Crikey....im gonna be bad this month if im not....be warned!!!:P;):P

• Advertisement

I gave out about the african hubby too! I would have brained my fella if he only remembered his mate had transport after me walking through savannah for 40 mins with contractions. Men!:rolleyes:

OH says in reality she got a lift to the clinic with the camera crew but probably the other women from her town has to trekk there every time.

Sixteen and counting though... I think thats just greedy, i know there isnt a quota or anything but can you really give each child enough time with that many? Probably the older ones have to mind the young ones a lot and barely get to hang out with their friends.

Thought the computer-generated section was great. Will be imagining that later :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement