Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, on the two week wait now too. Im usually pretty good about not testing until its time to do so, but hope it goes quick.

Think we gave it a good shot this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Best of luck tomorrow Tigeress, we'll have everything crossed for you, keep us posted x :)

Dublinlady heres hoping the next 6 days fly by and you get your positive result :D

Neyite & Detective... Good work, your job here is done ;) Best of luck for a speedy 2 week wait! And a well earned rest from 'getting busy' heehee!

Hope your keeping well Lucyfur

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

Just a quick update. Went to the doc on Friday and he confirmed that we are pregnant. However its very early stages. He said 4 to 5 weeks, closer to 4. By my figures we're 5 but thats another debate!!
    So now he wants us to call back on Friday if all is still ok, to send off bloods, etc. And he wants to know whether we want to go public or private and to which hospital.
    So we're hoping the next week or so will go well and that nothing will happen. Have to say it did frighten my wife a bit when he said that its very early and to call him in a week if things were still the same. But he was just doing his job as a doc I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Getting some twinges on my left hand side this morning, lets hope they are ovualation pains, according to my chart today is my predicted ovulation day so I'll test later and see if I get a positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Went to doc today finally got the courage! He wants to refer me to gyno but do my blood work this month first have to go back cd3 than the end of the month blood tests are more tricky since I'm on day 43 now and period still not here properly I know She'l come today though! Also he thinks Iv a uti so he's sent away the sample

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Was thinking of you at 9.30 Tigeress, hope it went well:)

I'm not too bad thanks Quins:) How are you?

Ms2011, get busy;)

Whitelight, try not to worry too much, easier said than done, I know. By my dates, I should be 6 wks 3days. I won't know for definite til the next scan on Thursday but I reckon I could be a week, if not 2 weeks behind that.

talkin wrote: »
    Went to doc today finally got the courage! He wants to refer me to gyno but do my blood work this month first have to go back cd3 than the end of the month blood tests are more tricky since I'm on day 43 now and period still not here properly I know She'l come today though! Also he thinks Iv a uti so he's sent away the sample

Well done!! Not so scary, is it? I find it's much easier when your doctor knows everything:)

I don't know lucyfur I think I actually feel worse that Iv spoken it out loud to another person than my OH its made it more real. I know that probably sounds dumb. I feel really dissapointed in myself now.

talkin wrote: »
    I don't know lucyfur I think I actually feel worse that Iv spoken it out loud to another person than my OH its made it more real. I know that probably sounds dumb. I feel really dissapointed in myself now.

Ah hun, huge, huge hugs to you. Please don't feel like that, don't be disappointed. We're all going to have our babies;) I think it's wonderful you've spoken to your doctor xxx Oh, I really don't know what to say but please, please don't be disappointed in yourself. We're all here for each other, no matter what we're feeling so please don't be afraid to post how you are, either here or in PM. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say that xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Talkin - going to the doctor is the most positive step you can take after trying unsuccessfully! It shows you have the courage to seriously try for your baby, it's a very difficult thing to admit there's something wrong but without doing it you would be risking never getting to hold your baby in your arms! You dud the right thing and I think you should be proud of yourself for being proactive and moving things forward! It mite be something really small and simPle and I'll have everything crossed for you that it is! X

• Advertisement

Talkin- just think of the day you get to hold your baby in your arms, it will make everything worth while and for what it's worth I find what you did very brave, nothing to be disappointed about at all.

Anyone heard from Tigeress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi ladies :) sorry for the late reply I've been out & about all day ! Scan went amazing :) better than I could ever imagine! We got to see our little peanut :) it's so so tiny & we even got to see the little flickering heart beat! I'm so happy :) I thought I was in love but nothing to how in love with our peanut we are now! Some tears were shed hehe
    On a high! Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Tigeress am thrilled for you - hugs :D

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi ladies :) sorry for the late reply I've been out & about all day ! Scan went amazing :) better than I could ever imagine! We got to see our little peanut :) it's so so tiny & we even got to see the little flickering heart beat! I'm so happy :) I thought I was in love but nothing to how in love with our peanut we are now! Some tears were shed hehe
    On a high! Xxx

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

SO delighted for you:D:D:D How many weeks is your little peanut measuring at?? How are you feeling?? Have the pain in your sides gone?? So many questions!!!

On a high! Xxx

So happy for you, I bet it's been a v.emotional day! :)

It sure has MS2011 lol :)

I'm 6w1D :) due date is 1st of Jan! Sooo excited and very worn out now! Ready for bed already lol.. Do said everything is measuring perfect & discharged me from the early preg unit.. Back in 6 weeks for another scan :) they gave me a little pic to take home :) keep looking at it hehe
    Still have pains on & off! Quite bad today :( but I guess it's just part & parcel for me.. Hopefully everything will be ok for the next 6 weeks and rest of preg after that :)

How's you Lucyfur?!

It sure has MS2011 lol :)

I'm 6w1D :) due date is 1st of Jan! Sooo excited and very worn out now! Ready for bed already lol.. Do said everything is measuring perfect & discharged me from the early preg unit.. Back in 6 weeks for another scan :) they gave me a little pic to take home :) keep looking at it hehe
    Still have pains on & off! Quite bad today :( but I guess it's just part & parcel for me.. Hopefully everything will be ok for the next 6 weeks and rest of preg after that :)

How's you Lucyfur?!

EEEEKKK!!!!!!!!!!

I actually made squeaking noises after I read that! I'm so so so happy for you:D

I'm good thanks, I think....lol.....Still pretty crampy, but it's more of a pressure type pain rather than a pain/cramp.....if that makes any sense....

I did another clearblue digital today (cos I have loadsa money to pee on:rolleyes::rolleyes::P). I did one on Friday and it was pregnant 1-2. Todays was pregnant 2-3. My hcg more than doubled in 48 hours between last Tuesday and Thursday but I needed more reassurance.....I'm a bit obsessive haha.

I'm back in for another scan on Thursday. I'm just hoping and praying that everything is ok. I'm delighted with the care I'm getting, so I'm trying to sit tight and think positive til I know more on Thursday.

My son's first holy is less than 2 weeks away and I had nothing done for it, made a start on that today and I'm pooped after it:o Called into work, I'll hopefully be back next week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Great news Tigeress! :D

Seeing the heartbeat at 6w1d is really positive too! Sometimes you'd be lucky to see it at 7 weeks so just barely 6 weks is excellent!

You'll all be as fat as houses at Xmas and won't be able to eat loads of Xmas pud! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

WOoohoooo! Tigeress that fantastic news! :D

So happy for you, you must be hyper ( & pooped!)
    You'll sleep easier tonight x

Im off to the Doc tomorrow to tell her our great news, 4.5wks pregnant yippeeee! I know its waaaay too early for anything but Im hoping to get an early scan round wk 7/8 if I make it that far (I had mc at 6/7wks last time round so terrified to think or plan ahead just yet).

What are peoples thoughts on using fake tan moisturisers? Dove?

Taking 1 week at a time :)

x

• Advertisement

Congratulations :D

So much good news on here at the minute... I'm almost getting clucky... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Tigeress thats great news how excited :)

Talking , i was just reading your post about going to the doctor that is so good & your so brave, i been meaning to go to the doctor but im afraid like you to say it out loud because it becomes more of a reality, but now your on the right track :)

Im playing the waiting game, ovulated on the first bank holiday weekend cant remember what day, but have written down, plus was keeping an eye on discharge etc so here's hoping. OH is now worried about the non pregnancy so were both going to go to the doctors together, which makes it easier i guess.

baby dust to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

So much good news. All my best to everyone especially Lucyfur, Tigress & Quin5. :D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    EEEEKKK!!!!!!!!!!

I actually made squeaking noises after I read that! I'm so so so happy for you:D

I'm good thanks, I think....lol.....Still pretty crampy, but it's more of a pressure type pain rather than a pain/cramp.....if that makes any sense....

I did another clearblue digital today (cos I have loadsa money to pee on:rolleyes::rolleyes::P). I did one on Friday and it was pregnant 1-2. Todays was pregnant 2-3. My hcg more than doubled in 48 hours between last Tuesday and Thursday but I needed more reassurance.....I'm a bit obsessive haha.

I'm back in for another scan on Thursday. I'm just hoping and praying that everything is ok. I'm delighted with the care I'm getting, so I'm trying to sit tight and think positive til I know more on Thursday.

My son's first holy is less than 2 weeks away and I had nothing done for it, made a start on that today and I'm pooped after it:o Called into work, I'll hopefully be back next week:D

Thanks so much :) I'm so happy :)

Oh Thurs will be here before you know it! So exciting :) try not to worry about the cramps hun.. I've had them since the start & was told it was normal! I wasnt so sure until my sis told me that she went through agony on her first preg & everything turned out fine! The Holy is very exciting too hun :) has he got his outfit and all?! You'll have a great day xx

My doc & midwife have been god sends! They're truly amazing :)

Great news Tigeress! :D

Seeing the heartbeat at 6w1d is really positive too! Sometimes you'd be lucky to see it at 7 weeks so just barely 6 weks is excellent!

You'll all be as fat as houses at Xmas and won't be able to eat loads of Xmas pud! :D

Thanks so much CCL! Delighted with myself hehe feeling very positive :) I'm pretty sure I won't be saying this is a few months but I cannot wait to get a bump :) great to hear you saying it's really positive it makes me even happier :) any advise is great advise here!

Thanks so much Quin & good luck in the docs! Make sure he writes a letter to your hospital telling about the mc & they should bump you up the list! My next scan is 12 weeks but my hospital doesn't usually see before 16 but let me get an earlier one because of prev mc's..

Thanks Applestock :) I'm buzzing!

Thanks so much :) I'm so happy :)

Oh Thurs will be here before you know it! So exciting :) try not to worry about the cramps hun.. I've had them since the start & was told it was normal! I wasnt so sure until my sis told me that she went through agony on her first preg & everything turned out fine! The Holy is very exciting too hun :) has he got his outfit and all?! You'll have a great day xx

My doc & midwife have been god sends! They're truly amazing :)

I'm trying to imagine the cramps are ''settling in and making myself comfy'' cramps:P Keeping everything crossed, taking it day by day.

Got his outfit today, got so tear-y when he tried it on. He is so handsome. I'm very very proud of him. He has defied doctors and psychologists left, right and centre and looking at him all dressed up today just made me burst with pride. I really hope he gets to be a big brother. He's so so kind and I know he's going to be brilliant:D

I'm trying to imagine the cramps are ''settling in and making myself comfy'' cramps:P Keeping everything crossed, taking it day by day.

Got his outfit today, got so tear-y when he tried it on. He is so handsome. I'm very very proud of him. He has defied doctors and psychologists left, right and centre and looking at him all dressed up today just made me burst with pride. I really hope he gets to be a big brother. He's so so kind and I know he's going to be brilliant:D

Awww Lucyfur you'll make me cry! That's so cute xxx & that's all those cramps are hun! Keep positive!

CCL can I ask a Q or maybe DFT might know.. Are you able to take baths while pregnant?! I read yes in some places & no in others.. I love baths & haven't had one in ages (I shower everyday lol just getting that out there) my friend is preg but she's 5 months and has baths all the time.. Guess I'm just being extra cautious :)

Baths are fine but just don't have thm too hot cos overheating isn't good for you or your little bean!

Be careful if you use oils or anything as some oils aren't recommended in pregnancy (can't remember off the top of my head which ones!) but your everyday babble bath is fine! You should use Baby Bath :D The lovely smell can get you all excited about whats to come!

Hi Ladies,
    Can I just ask a quick question, I've been getting some twinges / cramps under or to the left side of my belly button, are these ovulation pains? I've been having them since yesterday but am still testing negative on the OPk and my CM is not quiet of a runny consistancy just yet either. Do you get the twinges on the run up to ovulation or just when it happens?, we've been doing the deed every second night just to be sure.

• Advertisement

Ah hun, huge, huge hugs to you. Please don't feel like that, don't be disappointed. We're all going to have our babies;) I think it's wonderful you've spoken to your doctor xxx Oh, I really don't know what to say but please, please don't be disappointed in yourself. We're all here for each other, no matter what we're feeling so please don't be afraid to post how you are, either here or in PM. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say that xxx
    thanks lucyfur, feeling a bit more positive today even though period has just arrived properly :rolleyes: on cd44!! still a new month and all that!x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement