Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Lol yep the cowboy walk ;-)
    Defo get the cough bottle i got Benylin non drowzy and today (ovulation day, got little egg on monitor ) and for the first time in ages have fertie mucus :-) So i know what we'll be doing for weekend. I hope anti inflamateries don't cause problems but despite cutting lots of things out right now i need these. So that is a little worry. Fingers crossed our babies will be here soon.

Best of luck, can't wait to get my positive:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I hope anti inflamateries don't cause problems but despite cutting lots of things out right now i need these. So that is a little worry.

Non-steroid anti-inflammatories aren't recommended in pregnancy as they can cause problems with the connection between the heart and lungs in the fetus and also the kidneys. Obviously if you got pregnant this week those organs wouldn't even begin to develop for several weeks so it probably wouldn't cause problems, but it might be best to double check with your doctor.

You could always increase natural anti-Is in your diet to help you come off the tablets faster, ginger is pretty good for reducing inflammation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hope to be off tablets monday at latest, exercising gently and taking it easy. Will drink ginger tea to help fix back, but if i don't take them right now i can't walk never mind anything else. ;-)
    I'll be taking disprin by monday to help anything that might fertilise and stick to get blood supply just to be on safe side after misses doc says we should try it.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi All,

New development –

My fertility doc wants to start me on injections – her receptionist rang me to schedule an appointment – I’m to go in to her the second week in June to talk to the doctor about it all. The receptionist mentioned that I would be getting injections on days 4 and 8 to stimulate ovulation, but it was only after I had a quick google that I realised that there are a few different types of injections – anyone have an idea of what injections they would be on those dates? I just want to have a bit of research done so that I have a ready list of questions for the appointment.

Its been established that I am ovulating on bloods, so the first question will be why am I getting jabs for this if I already am? Crap eggs? Anyone been down this road that can clue me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi ladies:) I seem to have no luck with scans these days. Had my scan yesterday and unfortunately our little baba was ectopic. Saw the sac, yolk sac and little foetus. Baba was almost in my uterus. ALMOST. I had quite invasive surgery last night. I was gone 3 hours, my wonderful OH waited til 3am when i got back to the ward. They tried to do keyhole surgery but the ended up having to open me up, i've a nice collection of scars. It hasn't hit me at all yet. I'm extremely sore and on a cocktail of painkillers, it'll probably hit me when the pain goes. Hope everyone else is well xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Oh Lucyfur I'm so sorry :( I was really hoping or good news for you this time.
    I hope you are feeling better soon and that you aren't too sore when the drugs wear off. I'll be thinking of you x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur, Im so sorry to hear what you went through. I know its not much comfort now but my sister had an etopic and lost a tube, but went on to have her family of 3 children very quickly and easily afterwards.

((((Hugs)))))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Oh my god Lucyfur, I am so so sorry:(. I hope you are not in too much pain from the operation. There are no words of comfort to offer. Really, there are none. Know we are all here for you.
    I am lighting a candle now for your little bean xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh Lucyfur im so so sorry :( I cant believe it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your other half and little angel. I really hope your doing ok, im so sad for you. As the others said we're always here to listen if and when you want to talk. huge hugs x x x x

So sorry Lucyfur there is nothing any of us can say :-( i hope your recovery goes ok. Big hugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Lucyfur I am so so sorry for your loss, I am devastated for you.
    Words fail me, I had such a heavy heart after reading your post.
    I hope you get plenty of rest over the next few days & that in time the pain will heal.

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your OH Lucyfur, words fail me. Take care and look after yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Oh Lucyfur Im so so sorry :(. Im in shock and cant even imagine what you must be going through. Please know we are all here for you, for both you and mr lucyfur you are in our thoughts xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Ooh Lucyfur Hun I'm so very very sorry :( it's the worst news.. I hope you recover soon from the surgery Hun xx we're here for you if you need us! Sending you my love & to your OH xx

DL also so sorry to hear about your family loss hope you're doing ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Lucyfur, I'm so sad and annoyed for you. That's just the worst rotten mean wretched luck. I really hope you make a quick recovery from all this awfulness. Take the best care of yourself. Big Hug xx

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

ohh so sorry to hear that lucyfur, hope you have fast recovery:(

Lucyfur, hope you're holding up ok xx

To all the two week waiters, how is it going? I am on day 9 (after ov) and convinced I'm out. I know it's still early though.....

To all the two week waiters, how is it going? I am on day 9 (after ov) and convinced I'm out. I know it's still early though.....

Me too - Im due my period on Tuesday, and I'm not expecting any good news. In fact, its as if I want my period to come and get this two week wait for nothing over with. That sounds depressing but Im not in bad form. I'm just, meh.

My prolactin levels have been normal since November, and the Endo does not think that would be the reason for my infertilty. All other tests have been normal, and I found out yesterday that my fertility doc wants to start me on injections. I dont know what kind, and dont know what to expect - I was just told that I'm to go in on 10 June to discuss it, that the injections will be on days 4 and 8 and I would get scans, and that its for ovarian stimulation - but my ovaries are ovulating, so i dont really understand that. Why not clomid?

Its getting nearer to IUI/IVF territory and dont know the first thing about it or what to ask at my appointment. I guess after 2 years and at age 36 its time, but I worry how I'm going to get away with not telling work why I have to dash off to appointments, how I'm going to pay for it all, and how to keep it from family, but especially my mum (she would blab to strangers).

Mostly, Im curious about the process -I want to know the treatment plan so I can research it and have relevant questions to ask at the appointment.

Neyite sorry to hear your anxieties about the injects, it's understandable. Google 'Follistim', I know that's one inject that is done at that time of the cycle. Maybe they now think that egg quality is your issue (like me) and want to try drugs to improve quality (I'm on Clomid for that). They're obviously discounting the prolactin issue now that your levels are good. My experience is that with suspected infertility they adopt a 'process of elimination' approach and start off with the obvious potential causes, e.g. tubal blockage or possible lack of a good ovulation. My doc says that if Clomid doesn't work for me in the next 5 cycles we'll be moving on to 'next steps' which I assume, like you, will be injects of some kind and possible intrauterine insemination (IUI). :)

Probably Clomid therapy has been discounted due to my age- if I was younger I would have time to try this, but at 36 my IVF odds are dwindling anyway so might make sense to introduce the big guns.

From what I can see, its a right cocktail of drugs and needles ahead, but hey, if it gives me a baby its worth being a clinical pincushion!

Hopefully you wont need the jabs, that clomid will work its magic for you.

• Advertisement

Bit confused about where I am cycle wise now, being irrecgular causes alot of uncertainty:rolleyes:. Tested on Friday about 2:30pm and got a negative on the OPK, then about 8pm I got alot of EWCM so I decided to test again and got a faint line. I tested the following day about 3pm and it was a clear negative again:eek:. I'm currently on CD20 and having alot of EWCM today, we tried on Thursday, last night and will again tomorrow night. I have 7 more OPK so I'll use those up and keep trying every second day until then, by that time I will be on CD27 so I think that should be enough for this cycle.
    Any ideas if I'm doing the right thing??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you're at it like rabbits then you're not going far wrong ;)

Good luck :)

If you're at it like rabbits then you're not going far wrong ;)

Good luck :)

Yep, have that base covered, if I don't get pregnant this month it wouldn't be for the lack of trying :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Has anybody used fertility monitor, have been looking at the clearblue one.

Just reading back along the posts Iv missed so sorry for u Lucyfur x hope your holding up ok my heart goes out to u!x

talkin wrote: »
    Has anybody used fertility monitor, have been looking at the clearblue one.
    I've been using clear blue two months now and i find it a lot easier and more informative than the cheapies. I now know my high fertiluty days, that i'm ovulating and it's easier for tracking :-)

The ovacue one looks good too anybody try this? Waiting on cd3 blood test results might wait for them before I buy one. Don't wanto wait though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Bit confused about where I am cycle wise now, being irrecgular causes alot of uncertainty:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat, I'm currently on CD 18; I've tested every day since CD 8 & have done the deed that day & every second after as I have no idea when/if I'm going to ovulate.
    I have been getting very faint lines on the (cheapie) opk sticks, I have yet to get a very clear/dark pink 'yes you are ovulating get to work lady' result :rolleyes:

I must get a monitor & see how it goes with that.

Lucyfur you are in my thoughts; hope you are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Well my period arrived this morning :( I kinda knew it was coming as got negative first response on sat. Feeling ok I suppose, have it in my head that we have some sort of problem but we have agreed no doctors again until august. Summer off! I really wish it would just happen naturally, we were pregnant after 3 months of trying the first time, now ten months since that and not a hint of it. Want to give ourselves til one year after the miscarriage though just on the hope it will happen. Hope your all doing ok and hope you don't end up back on day 1 like me, I'm staying positive tho, whose to say it won't happen this cycle :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Have been away for the last good few days so only checking back with all the newses now. So sorry to hear your news Lucyfur. Hope you and your OH are doing ok :(

There's lots going on with everyone right now. As for me, I feel like Big Brother reporting...
    Day 44 and no AF, no ovulating, nothing..

Have been testing on OPK sticks for 5 days now and nothing. Getting a bit of icky brown CM at the mo and thought that AF might appear but nothing... will just keep waiting...

Getting tired of people making comments about 'us next' and 'looking forward to you having a baby'...want to tell them to flip off and mind their own beeswax!

ps..am cross today...not sure why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement