Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

LucyFur, mind yourself and just take things easy. You need to rest up.

so im so confused. Im new to this TTC well a year but hadnt ovulated for the last year so only just starting the pills all now. I have to take provera to bring on a AF and then clomid. Have done all this but am not on day 10 on AF and no signs of it stopping. is this normal after taking provera???? the goctor at the rotunda said we were make to get jiggy day 10 - 21!!!

Also got a call yesterday that DH has to do a third SA as his motility is low. Heartbreaking - not just one problem but two.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Not sure what's going on. I've had small amounts of brown discharge on and off since about 2pm, similar to what I'd have on the very last day of my period. I've never, ever had something like this, my period always comes on heavy from the start. I had my LH surge today two weeks ago, so I thought I'd be past the point of an implantation bleed by now? Also I'm more than a bit crampy.

Obviously I'd love it if it turns out I am pregnant after all, but if I'm not I'd rather my period would just come on and let me stop over-thinking this.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

iguana wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on. I've had small amounts of brown discharge on and off since about 2pm, similar to what I'd have on the very last day of my period. I've never, ever had something like this, my period always comes on heavy from the start. I had my LH surge today two weeks ago, so I thought I'd be past the point of an implantation bleed by now? Also I'm more than a bit crampy.

Obviously I'd love it if it turns out I am pregnant after all, but if I'm not I'd rather my period would just come on and let me stop over-thinking this.:confused:

If you were pregnant would the OPK test show as positive?

newbie! wrote: »
    If you were pregnant would the OPK test show as positive?

Afaik, you don't produce enough HCG for a test to pick up until a few days after implantation. If it was an implantation bleed I wouldn't test positive for another 2 or 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Feel like absolute poo. Got a BFN this morning on CD30 despite being pretty convinced I was pregnant. I swear my boobs have never felt this sore from pms. What completely sucks is that tomorrow would have been my mc'd baby's second birthday so it's hitting really hard. Also I have a non-christening party that I'm invited to on Saturday and I'm not too sure I can handle being around a new-born (that incidentally has been named the name I picked for a daughter) but I know my husband really wants to go.

Added to that my family dog is at the vets with kidney failure so my biggest distraction is worry for poor Rosco.:(

Sorry to hear you're having such a crap time, I know the feeling of getting your hopes up that you're going to get your positive only to be let down :(
    Is there any chance you could pull a sickie Saturday to avoid the christening? or let your husband go by himself?
    Your poor dog, I hope he/she isn't in too much pain :(

Barbiegirl, fingers crossed the plan will work for you :) are you taking just one dose of the Robitussin a day or do you need to take more?
    I took it yesterday & can definitely see a noticeable difference in the fluids; took it today though and feel sick as a pig so I'm guessing there's something in that doesn't agree with me.
    I should be due to ovulate soon (if at all!) this month, so may as well keep going with it til then.

Nicky987, I can't answer regards the provera, but I hope your cycle settles soon so you can get trying.

Sorry to hezar

• Advertisement

Barbiegirl, fingers crossed the plan will work for you :) are you taking just one dose of the Robitussin a day or do you need to take more?
    I took it yesterday & can definitely see a noticeable difference in the fluids; took it today though and feel sick as a pig so I'm guessing there's something in that doesn't agree with me.
    I should be due to ovulate soon (if at all!) this month, so may as well keep going with it til then.

Have you tried using something like Preseed or Conceive Plus? They are lubricants designed to mimic EWCM and help the sperm reach the egg. I used Conceive Plus this month and definitely prefer it to taking cough medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I've was taking three times a day and defo felt a difference as i never got fertile mucus at least not since first miss. Now need to find low dosage asprin as suggestion of consultant to aid with blood flow to any little bean :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Don't want to get your hopes up but that sounds like an implantation bleed to me. It's what I got anyway on the day my period was due ( more crampy than usual) so I was convinced it was my period until it went away before getting heavy. Fingers crossed for you.

ps. Hope Rosco is okay

I have some good news as I got my blood results back from Rotunda and hcg was undetectable :) I have an appointment today in holles street molar clinic for more bloods and talked to a nurse on the phone there yesterday. All going well I hope to be off the subs bench in 3 months. I'm still hoping for a positive this month though :D Phew!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

anybody know what normal cd3 blood tests would be. i got my results but havent yet had a chance to speak to my gp

Grawns wrote: »
    Don't want to get your hopes up but that sounds like an implantation bleed to me. It's what I got anyway on the day my period was due ( more crampy than usual) so I was convinced it was my period until it went away before getting heavy. Fingers crossed for you.

No joy, I got a full on period very early this morning. It's so frustrating that my body is changing on me and messing with my head. Oh well, back to day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hey everyone:)

Home again. Ended up back in hospital yesterday morning. Went to my GP to get more painkillers and she sent me straight back to hospital:rolleyes: Glad in a way as I feel human today. They pumped me full of morphine and antibiotics (even though I had no signs of infection) and I feel so so so much better now. Tuesday and yesterday were bad days. I was incredibly low on Tuesday. I didn't want to talk to anyone and I was frightened I was going to feel that way for a long time. Yesterday I was in so much pain I couldn't walk, it was horrible.

Anyway, today is a new day and I feel much brighter. I'm on antibiotics and strong painkillers for the next 5 days, my head is clear and I'm sitting under a duvet drinking tea and eating cream crackers:pac: Today is the first day I've been hungry.

DFT, I'm sorry you didn't get your positive. I had high hopes for you this month:( xx

Hope everyone is well xxx

Great to hear you're feeling better Lucyfur and I'm to hear how low you felt. I've been there and its a frightening experience to think the fog will never lift. Chin up and keep on going. You're an absolute heroine to the rest of us. :)

I have a question about OPK tests. Apparently they are best used mid-morning. I generally dont test until about 7pm at night. What about everyone else?

On a side note Day 46/47 (im losing count!) and still nada :confused:

Great to hear you're feeling better Lucyfur and I'm to hear how low you felt. I've been there and its a frightening experience to think the fog will never lift. Chin up and keep on going. You're an absolute heroine to the rest of us. :)

I have a question about OPK tests. Apparently they are best used mid-morning. I generally dont test until about 7pm at night. What about everyone else?

On a side note Day 46/47 (im losing count!) and still nada :confused:

Thank you chicken xxx

OPK are best used on second urine sample of the day but if you bulk but the cheapies on the internet, you can piddle on sticks to your hearts content!!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Thank you chicken xxx

OPK are best used on second urine sample of the day but if you bulk but the cheapies on the internet, you can piddle on sticks to your hearts content!!

Ha...husband already getting freaked out and seeing plastic cups of my pee cooling in the bathroom! Your OH would have to love you to put up with the romance of trying to concieve! :p

Ha...husband already getting freaked out and seeing plastic cups of my pee cooling in the bathroom! Your OH would have to love you to put up with the romance of trying to concieve! :p

Tell him to be grateful you're not piddling in his favourite whiskey glass;)

Have to praise my OH, he listens and learns and if he doesn't understand, he asks or googles:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi ladies, I'm freaking myself out here :( my cramps which I've had since the start of my preg are getting worse.. Last night I got some horrific ones but not for long & it eased.. I didn't take any pain relief or anything just suffered.. I've been soar this morning but no cramps until this evening where they sharp ones have come back :( it's by far not the worst cramps I've ever had I'm just so worried that something is going wrong, I'm trying to stay positive but after 2 mc it's so hard... I've gotten 2 scans and our baba looked perfect in each scan and heart beating away! I've no discharge or blood or anything like that! Is the worry in my head?

Tigeress straight into A&E and get yourelf and baba checked. Fingers crossed

My sister also suffered horribly bad cramps on her first preg so I'm hoping it's just a family thing & nothing else!

I calle my Doc who is very patient and very good and he told me so long as there is no blood then there is no need to go to the hospital & to just keep positive a we've had scans and know the baba is ok. He advise me to take Paracetemol and just relax for a few days.. If it gets worse I've to call him again. Feel a little better after talking to him, still worked though!

I understand completely. Relax and hopefully all will be fine, big hugs

• Advertisement

*big hugs* Tigeress, keep up that fab positive attitude you have and everything will be fine. Hope you have your feet up and are relaxing as much as you can xxx

Thanks so much Barbiegirl & Lucyfur :) have my feet up watching tv & my OH is gonna run me a bath in a little while :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tigeress - would it be your uterus expanding and getting ready for growth, or is that too early? hope its just that bean getting bigger in you!

Sympathies to all the negative testers this month - Im amongst yis. Im on CD2. I didnt even get my hopes up this month so at least I didnt get disappointed (much)

Lucyfur - hope you are getting the feet up and a good rest.

+1 to the preseed. Its great stuff altogether.

Takin, on CD3 they look at a lot of different hormones and their levels, but they should be able to tell you if they came back normal.

Newbie - my OPK never showed in the daytime, it was only the tests in the evening after 6pm that I got a positive. I dont let my wee cool at all though, are we supposed to? I just take the sample (very skillfully at this stage!) and dip it in, then just rinse the jar.

Neyite wrote: »

Newbie - my OPK never showed in the daytime, it was only the tests in the evening after 6pm that I got a positive. I dont let my wee cool at all though, are we supposed to? I just take the sample (very skillfully at this stage!) and dip it in, then just rinse the jar.

It says let it cool to room temp. I'm on CD47 so I reckon if I'm ovulating at all, its happened at this stage. For those of you who found out you werent ovulating, how did you find out? Was it via your GP?

Neyite wrote: »
    Tigeress - would it be your uterus expanding and getting ready for growth, or is that too early? hope its just that bean getting bigger in you!

Thanks Neyite :) I'm not sure to be honest.. I hope that's all it is though! I'm already starting to show which is scary cause I'm only 8 weeks! My Mum said she always got a bump very early on.. It can't be food cause I haven't been eating Alot due to sickness..

So sorry you got a Neg this month hun! It's the most horrible thing to have to go through month by month.. It's so unfair that ladies have to go through it.. I really hope this new cycle is your month :) you should get a new bed! They day new bed new baby & it worked for me :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Tigeress fingers crossed everything is ok, I'm sure it is. Don't have too hot a bath x ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks barbiegirl thats a good suggestion, if I have no luck with the bfp this month I'll pick myself up some preseed. Anything worth a try at this stage!

I'm really frustrated with the opk's. I'm convinced that I'm ovulating now (LOADS of cervical mucus, hormonal, cramps last night); yet the opk I took when I got home from work showed a big fat negative.
    I'm going to try tonight, skip tomorrow, try Saturday anyway & hope that maybe the mucus is a sign that ovulation is imminent.

Lucyfur, good to hear from you again. Fair play to you for remaining so positive, hopefully you're coming out the other side of things & things will seem a bit brighter.

Tigeress, I hope you're ok & that the cramps ease off soon :)

Talkin, sorry I'm not sure what the exact results mean, as my Gynae just rang me and said they were fine; she didn't go into what it actually was. Hope its a positive result for you though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm really frustrated with the opk's. I'm convinced that I'm ovulating now (LOADS of cervical mucus, hormonal, cramps last night); yet the opk I took when I got home from work showed a big fat negative.
    I'm going to try tonight, skip tomorrow, try Saturday anyway & hope that maybe the mucus is a sign that ovulation is imminent.

I didn't show a positive on my OPKs until CD21 & CD22. I got my cramps and stuff about a week before my positive so it sounds to me like yours could be on its way.

As for me got a positive OPK on Monday and Tuesday, did the deed Monday, Tuesday & last night, having a break tonight, back on again tomorrow night. Gonna also try on Sunday night just to be sure to be sure and then I'm on my 2 weeks wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

newbie im in similar position to you i went to my gp who has diagnosed me wit pcos so im waiting on a scan to double confirm it. so once that happens its drugs for me which ill pray work.
    im feeling all funny last few days stomach feeling icky feeling id love to think i wouldnt need drugs but my oh had a stomach bug at start of week im hoping i dont get that.

tigeress i really hope everything is alright one of my friends who is now 6months gone said she was all crampy at the start.

lucyfur glad ur doing well today u really are a total inspiration in all you have gone through.

• Advertisement

Tigeress, how are you today? x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement