Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Tigeress, how are you today? x

Hi Lucyfur hun, how are you?

I'm ok was crampy this morning but seems to have eased of for a while now.. I just want it to be 12 weeks already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

had an ectopic a few weeks ago.

Just back from Holles Street levels are finally down to 94, so fingers crossed one more visit next week and i will be finished with the hospital.

had a Methotrexate injection. i cant wait to get back to normal, have an unmerciful craving for a pint of cider

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Good to hear you're doing ok Tigeress, keep the feet up, the weeks are flying, you'll be at 12 weeks in no time:)

*hugs* dinnerlegs. It's a horrible experience. They couldn't give me methotrexate so I had the full op. My levels have come right down already. They were down to 40 yesterday and I only had the surgery a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

dinnerlegs wrote: »
    had an ectopic a few weeks ago.

Just back from Holles Street levels are finally down to 94, so fingers crossed one more visit next week and i will be finished with the hospital.

had a Methotrexate injection. i cant wait to get back to normal, have an unmerciful craving for a pint of cider

That's rough. 94 isn't bad after a few weeks. You can get your period once it's below 100. I was at Holles street yesterday and my levels are less than 2 :) but that's 7 weeks after a partial molar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi Lucyfur hun, how are you?
    I just want it to be 12 weeks already :)

I think we're all counting the days with you :) I really hope they fly by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Dinnerlegs, I'm so sorry for your loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ok I'm officially on the 2 week wait. It's my first wait and I'm a bag of nerves. My head is already playing games, breast feel bigger and a small bit sore, also feeling a little nauseaous but I get sore breasts before AF and the nauseaous could just be nerves. I know the odds of me concieving on my first cycle of trying are pretty low but I guess I'll know for sure in 2 weeks!!!

Likewise Ms2011, mine starts today.
    I've a smear test tomorrow so I'm hoping that doesn't affect things (infection or anything after it)
    Fingers crossed for us both :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Its CD5 for me today. Its also probably the last cycle that we have to conceive naturally, given that I have an appointment next month to discuss injections.

I dont know how to feel. On one hand, I am happy if this brings me closer to having my babies, but on the other, its a little sad that we cant do this on our own, but no surprise really, it has been 2 years of trying and disappointment for us.

I dont mind the injections and the scans, and its likely that my work wont be bothered asking me why I have to leave for so many appointments, so I am lucky there. Still a little apprehensive, but I am sure that once I talk to the doc about it all, I will feel much better once I know whats ahead of me.

Best of luck this month Neyite, hope you get your positive without having any intervention but failing that I hope you get the help you need to finally meet your babba!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

I'm on CD51 I think and yesterday began to get bad backache, sore tummy and boobs so was thinking that AF was on the way. However, I also got a faint line on the opk test. I say faint as it wasnt as strong as the control line but its still the strongest I've seen so far. We left nothing to chance anyway and did the deed Fri, Sat and Sunday :p

Best of luck to all the 2weekers and for those who ahve have bad news recently, I hope this week is a little brighter (even if it is like the mid December outside :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Just a quick update folks. We're 7 weeks now and the morning sickness set in last week. Have to see whats out there to at least help with this.
    We've got our first scan date mid August which seems years away :(

Newbie, thats brilliant news!!! sounds like you skipped one month & hopefully are back on track now. Fingers crossed for you :)

Whitelightrider - I know it seems very far away but hopefully August will be here before you know it!
    There's not really a while lot you can get for morning sickness, some people swear by travel sickness wrist bands that they're supposed to help, I didn't try them so can't comment.
    Ifound keeping to very plan food (white bread/rice cakes/rich tea biscuits) was the way I got through it.
    Hopefully the morning sickness will ease off soon :)

Neyite, I hope you do get your bfp this month, & if you don't I hope whatever intervention you use works fast for you :)

Newbie, thats brilliant news!!! sounds like you skipped one month & hopefully are back on track now. Fingers crossed for you

Just took another opk test and totally negative this time. I took them in the morning on sat and sunday so totally different result. Am bit peeved! Jesus, this whole ttc is disheartening (or maybe my hormones are all over the place since i came off the pill :confused:)

Hope someone else gets some news soon.:)

Just checking in to see how everyone is:)

10 days post op and I'm still bleeding. Annoying me now as I was told to expect spotting and what I have is clotty and heavy:rolleyes:

However....roll on the next 2-3 months so we can get back to trying:D

In the mean time, I'm gonna enjoy some non-planned sex:p

I'm nearly finished my antibiotic and I think it's helped. I'm still on painkillers but I'm down to one a day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Cap, MS & Newbie I hope your wait this month flys by & good news will be at the end if the wait x

Neyite hope you're doing ok hun! I really hope you're lucky this month & of not at least you're getting there hun xx I can't even imagine how you're feeling :(

Grawns those levels seem really good! My BF had a molar about 8/9months ago & her levels were so high she was told a year wait but her's were over a thousand! And she just found out she's preg again so hopefully you won't be on the bench too long hun xx

Lucyfur & DFT how are you both doing?! Hope all is well xx

I had a horrid weekend :( my OH family had a bug which I caught & spent the weekend vomiting :( thankfully it's passed today & feel full of beans :) at least till about 8pm when I'm wiped and head for bed lol
    Got a letter from the Hospital today, booked in for another scan on Mon! Cannot wait! It still feels so surreal... It's like I'm waiting for something to go wrong bug it's going good :) we've decided if all is ok at the scan then we're gonna tell family next week be 10 weeks then! Off for the while week too and can't wait to just do nothing!

Quin how's thongs going for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi guys,

Tigeress glad to hear things are going ok :-) A bug is always horrible but at least the little bean is doing well.

Lucyfur you are just so upbeat its great.

Well as for me, my boobs are killing me, I'm wrecked (but had 3 nephews for weekend so that could explain that), I'm really irritable (the poor dogs are walking on egg shells), so either my period is on the way this weekend, (though I never get bad PMS, well until last month) or we've been lucky. I'm not allowing myself to test until Friday morning, 2 weeks after ovulation.
    However if this is just PMS God help my hubbie if it becomes regular and the dogs will put themselves up on the rehoming thread ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

bleugh, my period finally came today after a 16 day "2 week wait"... :rolleyes:
    I'm just glad it came to be honest, knowing that I wasn't pg I was beginning to think my cycles had gone wacko.
    I have horrendous pms the past 3 days, have been really down, and wanting to literally batter OH (for no reason btw, god love him!)

I'm calling my gyn this week to request a HSG. Need to do something proactive or I'll go mad! I had soooo much sex last month, I really SHOULD be pregnant! :p

Hope everyone is well!

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Well as for me, my boobs are killing me, I'm wrecked (but had 3 nephews for weekend so that could explain that), I'm really irritable (the poor dogs are walking on egg shells), so either my period is on the way this weekend, (though I never get bad PMS, well until last month) or we've been lucky. I'm not allowing myself to test until Friday morning, 2 weeks after ovulation.
    However if this is just PMS God help my hubbie if it becomes regular and the dogs will put themselves up on the rehoming thread ;-)

Barbiegirl I'm feeling pretty much the same at the mo, I'm on DPO6 but I'm not allowed to test until 5th June. I'm trying to not get my hopes up as I get symptoms like sore boobs and moods swings before AF, nearly crying while watching the American president visiting Ireland is a new one though :rolleyes::D
    Fingers crossed we get the results we are looking for x

ETA: DFT, sorry you didn't get your positive this month but you have a great attutide and that's half the battle sometimes! x

bleugh, my period finally came today after a 16 day "2 week wait"... :rolleyes:
    I'm just glad it came to be honest, knowing that I wasn't pg I was beginning to think my cycles had gone wacko.
    I have horrendous pms the past 3 days, have been really down, and wanting to literally batter OH (for no reason btw, god love him!)

I'm calling my gyn this week to request a HSG. Need to do something proactive or I'll go mad! I had soooo much sex last month, I really SHOULD be pregnant! :p

Hope everyone is well!

Ah DFT, I really thought thiss was going to be your month:(

((hugs)) hun, you put in so much effort, that's just sickening xx

• Advertisement

DFT so sorry it didn't work this month and MS2011 fingers crossed i was nearly crying reading about Garrett Fitzgeralds funeral, i'm going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi Ladies (& gentleman!) :)

Sorry to those of you who have been disappointed over the last few days, fingers crossed it wont be much longer.

Whitelightrider, I cant believe your 1st scan is AUGUST!!! Id do my nut! :eek:
    Im in my 7th week and I just got an app for the EPU for next week yipppeeeee! Obviously due to my previous mc so Im just hoping, hoping, hoping we make it :o

Tigeress you poor thing getting the vomiting bug!:eek: thats a disaster, talk about 1 thing after the other! Glad to hear you made it out the other side :)

As for me, Im on week 7... this is the week I lost my little bean before xmas so im a bit stressed, trying to do NOTHING, making sure I dont over do it etc. Im still not really thinking ahead & just going from week to week, I would do anything to just snap my fingers to be at week 12!!! :D

I havent made the jump to the pregnant thread yet, I want ye all to come too!

Hope you minding yourself Lucyfur

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies (& gentleman!) :)

Whitelightrider, I cant believe your 1st scan is AUGUST!!! Id do my nut! :eek:
    Im in my 7th week and I just got an app for the EPU for next week yipppeeeee! Obviously due to my previous mc so Im just hoping, hoping, hoping we make it :o

x

Hi Quins5, hoping this week is a great one for you and that little bean stays put this time. August seems like years away and Im not sure I can wait that long!! But we'll see. As long as everything is ok then Im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey girls, sorry I haven't been on, I get too worked up if I think about things too much, so I am about day 36 now, but I've such erratic cycles that means nothing, I won't even bother trying a test until into June, which is really annoying :(

Lucyfur, hope you are doing okay!

Quiet day on here today, everyone must be v busy ttc :p

Day 52 for me, neg on opk still. Doing to go to Day60 and if nothing doing will book an appt with doc. Am terrified somethings wrong :(

Newbie fingers crossed it's just a missed cycle but either way the truth is rarely as scarey as what we're imagining. Big hugs
    I had my final day in work today so a bit emotional. Boobs still sore, tired and upset tummy but no testing til Friday.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Newbie fingers crossed it's just a missed cycle but either way the truth is rarely as scarey as what we're imagining. Big hugs
    I had my final day in work today so a bit emotional. Boobs still sore, tired and upset tummy but no testing til Friday.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Newbie, it's horrible but unfortunately it's so common for your cycle to take a while to settle after being on the pill. I know that doesn't make it any easier but try not to worry xxx My heart goes out to you, it's horrible not knowing what's happening with your own body:(

Barbiegirl, fingers crossed for you!!

I'm doing good, I think lol. Still quite sore but not bent double pain like it was last week. My sons communion was on Sunday, got through it grand but I'm wrecked today:( Also, passed a huge clot this morning. I don't know if that's normal or not. I don't know if they cleaned out my uterus when I had the surgery. I've been bleeding, a steady flow, since the op, it eased yesterday but then I had a huge gush with the clot this morning and now it's eased off again:confused: It's no way near as heavy as the miscarriage which might indicate that they did clean me out a bit:confused: The scans showed my uterine lining was thick, so I'm presuming it's be heavier it they didn't clean me out:confused: I don't know....they told me to only expect spotting. I might ring my doctor if it continues as I'm lost as to what to expect.

In other news, and I know I'm going to sound like a spoilt teen when I say this but my God, I need to start having sex again. Soon. It's been far far far too long:p

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

CD 7 for me. Its gearing up for 'Business Time' in the Neyite household. :DGonna give this last month of ttc on our own a good lash. If we do have to call in the pros its not gonna be because we didnt try.

Hope yis are all doing well. Glad our resident little beans are doing well and staying put. Hopefully a few more will join them this round :)

• Advertisement

newbie! wrote: »
    Quiet day on here today, everyone must be v busy ttc :p

Day 52 for me, neg on opk still. Doing to go to Day60 and if nothing doing will book an appt with doc. Am terrified somethings wrong :(

When I came off the pill 2 years ago I didn't have a period for 3 months, also from the end of November to the start of March this year I didn't get a period which totally freaked me out because even though my periods wouldn't be regular I have never had such a big gap. I went to my doctor and she sent me for blood tests which came back completely normal and low and behold a week later my period arrived :rolleyes:
    I know telling you not to stress out is easier said than done but I really wouldn't be overly concerned however that said if making a doctors appointment will help you feel better maybe you should do that just to put your mind at ease :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement