Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I had my final day in work today so a bit emotional. Boobs still sore, tired and upset tummy but no testing til Friday.

Sorry to hear about your work situation but on the up side I hope you have a new little distraction soon!!!;)
    Fingers and toes crossed for you x

As for me I'm on DP0 8 and feeling like crap :( Think I've picked up bug of some sort, body is achey, throat is scratchy, energy is zapped etc. Crawled into bed at 06:30pm yesterday, left dinner dishes and other housework behind, I just couldn't muster the energy :o
    Think I'm feeling a little be better today but still achey so it might be another early night tonight I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I got my period in full force on the day 26 so am deffo on the subs bench for the next 3 months. I will be checking in on you guys but am going to try and not obsess about pregnancy while I can't try. So I will be awol until I get the all clear. I wish you all happiness and the best results with your pregnancies, recoveries, tests and efforts:) Until August then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    When I came off the pill 2 years ago I didn't have a period for 3 months, also from the end of November to the start of March this year I didn't get a period which totally freaked me out because even though my periods wouldn't be regular I have never had such a big gap. I went to my doctor and she sent me for blood tests which came back completely normal and low and behold a week later my period arrived :rolleyes:
    I know telling you not to stress out is easier said than done but I really wouldn't be overly concerned however that said if making a doctors appointment will help you feel better maybe you should do that just to put your mind at ease :)

ah thanks, do you mind me asking when the doc sends you for tests, I assume that they confirm you are ovulating?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

newbie! wrote: »
    ah thanks, do you mind me asking when the doc sends you for tests, I assume that they confirm you are ovulating?

Yep, they do. you get pre-ovulation bloods done, (I was told to go in days 3 -7) and then get them done again on day 21 of your cycle. They check that the hormones that should have peaked for ovulation are higher than the day 3 bloods.

• Advertisement

newbie! wrote: »
    Neyite wrote: »
    Yep, they do. you get pre-ovulation bloods done, (I was told to go in days 3 -7) and then get them done again on day 21 of your cycle. They check that the hormones that should have peaked for ovulation are higher than the day 3 bloods.

They also checked for liver, thyroid and kidney function

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Having a bit of a strange one....I'm CD27.
    Starting cramping earlier today so thought maybe cycle was coming back to normal 28-30 day cycle.
    However out of curiosity I used an OPK & got a positive! So I'm actually ovulating now.
    Its really odd. I had strong cramps on my right hand side last week, lots of ewcm, but no positive on the OPK.
    Gave it a try anyway for the few days. Now the cramps are on the left hand side & there's not so much ewcm.

I wish my cycles would settle down, its making it hard to keep track of them! plus I'm stupidly hormonal (cried at Glee :o)

Grawns I'm sorry to see you're on the bench for a few months :( I hope they'll fly by.

Barbiegirl, sorry about your job. Hopefully its one of those things that happens for a reason though & the extra rest time will help with your ttc.
    If not fingers crossed you find something new soon.

Neyite, MS2011 & wolfpawnpat fingers crossed for you boththis month :)

Hope you're doing well Lucyfur & Detectivfoxtrot.

Hopefully we'll see a few more positives in here soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Grawns wrote: »
    I got my period in full force on the day 26 so am deffo on the subs bench for the next 3 months. I will be checking in on you guys but am going to try and not obsess about pregnancy while I can't try. So I will be awol until I get the all clear. I wish you all happiness and the best results with your pregnancies, recoveries, tests and efforts:) Until August then ;)

Can I sit beside you and keep you company?

I can't wait to get my period (:confused:)

I'm presuming this will have effected my cycle in some way, I want to know what's what:D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

playing the waiting game now. my period slightly late but so not testing going to give it a couple more days. My boobs really sore, been real tired and have had really bad headaches after work nearly like a hangover but just because im tired, also a couple of days ago had abit of white discharge so expecting my period any day. I hate the way symptoms for pregnancy and period similar :(

Fingers crossed for you applesock. yes I agree entirely, it is so frustrating the way all the symptoms of each are so similar.
    I find even my ovulation symptoms are the same, so bit of a roulette seeing which is about to happen :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Grawns and Lucyfur the time will fly til you're back here counting your days.

Well i did my test and we're Positive :-) so excited and scared at the same time :-) consultant told us earlier in the month that chance of another miss as high as 40%. Still we're going to be positive. We'll be in the safe period for our French trip in August hopefully :-) However don't think i'll mention it at job interviews today :-) can't stop smiling :-) off to buy halti harnesses for doggies so they stop pulling and i can safely walk them :-)

Grawns and Lucyfur the time will fly til you're back here counting your days.

Well i did my test and we're Positive :-) so excited and scared at the same time :-) consultant told us earlier in the month that chance of another miss as high as 40%. Still we're going to be positive. We'll be in the safe period for our French trip in August hopefully :-) However don't think i'll mention it at job interviews today :-) can't stop smiling :-) off to buy halti harnesses for doggies so they stop pulling and i can safely walk them :-)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Absolutely thrilled for you Barbiegirl:D:D:D

Ahhh that's brill news Barbiegirl, so so happy for you, here to a happy and healthy nine months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

brill news Barbiegirl, utterly delighted for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Congrats barbiegirl!!! :D
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy 8/9 months ahead!

x

Thanks guys, trying to be positive and keep crying with the hormones. Been a busy day had job interview which puts me in a funny situation, given our history I can't turn a job down but also feel bad joining somewhere when pregnant.
    Picked up The Irish Pregnancy Book by Dr Peter Boylan just cause I'm excited and felt I Needed to buy something :D
    Plus the Napro clinic, who we had contacted last week to organise an appointment rang me today. When I said I was pregnant the doctor said he's send me a list of stuff he would recommend and to get my GP to ensure they are done, to check my progesterone and oestradiol levels now, take Cyclogest (natural progesterone) 400mg PV twice daily in the early weeks of pregnancy (probably up to about 12 weeks) to support the pregnancy in an effort to improve the chances of success and to repeat the blood test every two weeks, and suggested an early scan, perhaps around 7 weeks, to check progress.
    So I'm off to GP in the morning to see can we organise it all. Talk about caring for someone who isn't even your patient, so impressed :-)

Thanks guys, trying to be positive and keep crying with the hormones. Been a busy day had job interview which puts me in a funny situation, given our history I can't turn a job down but also feel bad joining somewhere when pregnant.
    Picked up The Irish Pregnancy Book by Dr Peter Boylan just cause I'm excited and felt I Needed to buy something :D
    Plus the Napro clinic, who we had contacted last week to organise an appointment rang me today. When I said I was pregnant the doctor said he's send me a list of stuff he would recommend and to get my GP to ensure they are done, to check my progesterone and oestradiol levels now, take Cyclogest (natural progesterone) 400mg PV twice daily in the early weeks of pregnancy (probably up to about 12 weeks) to support the pregnancy in an effort to improve the chances of success and to repeat the blood test every two weeks, and suggested an early scan, perhaps around 7 weeks, to check progress.
    So I'm off to GP in the morning to see can we organise it all. Talk about caring for someone who isn't even your patient, so impressed :-)

That's fantastic Barbiegirl!! Keep up with the positive thinking;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Barbiegirl I took cyclogeest too, I wish you all the best.

Congratulations Barbiegirl!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

:)oh congratulations barbiegirl. Alot of positivies here right now :)

• Advertisement

congratulations barbiegirl thats great :):) stay positive :)

today i think im having and extreme moody day, two days late, but suspect cycle on the way :o we'll see. there's always next month. :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well done BarbieGirl!!!!!!
    (and Mr. Barbiegirl too, of course)

I am so delighted - Napro sound great - there is one in Galway but they dont take unmarried couples, so would have to book a quickie wedding if we need to avail of their services. But I will wait and see what our fertility doc says next month about the injections, then I might do our research about Napro.

Anyway - Take it nice and easy, and enjoy it. Dont be feeling bad about a new job - I have been trying to jump ship for a while now but procrastinating because I felt that I should not do that to a new employer and also that I am permanent where I am (subject to the recession) But I remember, my company would let me go without a thought if they felt they needed to. Personal life does not come into it. So you need to do the same. Tell em once you have the contract signed.;)

im still waiting to see was so tempted to do a test on saturday but have decided to hold of as long as i can. ive had a few cramps today boobs still very sore but no other symptoms. we'll see :)

Fingers crossed applesock :-)

thanks barbiegirl, ive decided if nothing il test by the weekend :) fingers crossed im abit stressed out today, was watching 16 and pregnant earlier crying wishing was me !!! and thinking god they got pregnant easy lol im a sucker for all pregnant reality tv shows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

OMG Barbiegirl that's amazing news!!!!! Massive Congrats to you hun xxx best of luck with the pregnancy & even though it's hard just stay positive!

Neyite, I had the same positive ovulation when I got pregnant! I was on day 30 of a 32 day cycle on my 1st lot of ovulation sticks and got a positive & I was shocked as it was 2 days before my period was due to start! I think it was a sign my body wanted it & it worked for me so I have my fingers and toes crossed that it'll happen for you too hun x

Grawns so sorry about the having to wait but your health is your wealth & in sure when the wait is over it won't have seemed as long as you thought now.. Hope you're ok!

Lucyfur Hun how are you? Hope your feeling better xx

DFT you haven't seemed to be on so much lately & I hope you're ok! I miss seeing your posts xx I really hope everything is ok with you!

Sorry I haven't been on in a little while being keeping a low profile at the mo.. Have my 10 week scan tomorrow & I'm excited & super nervous at the same time.. I've had 2 scans already & both were perfect so I don't know why I'm worrying.. Guess it's still feels surreal! I'm hoping everything is ok! I'm assuming it is as I have has no discharge or bleeding so I can't imagine anything could go wrong without these signs! Well I'm rambling on here lol I'm gonna have a Luke warm bath and shave my legs just encase I have to get internal scan again :o I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :) my scan isn't till 1:15pm & then if everything is ok we're heading to tell family so it'll be tomorrow evening when I'm back on :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    OMG Barbiegirl that's amazing news!!!!! Massive Congrats to you hun xxx best of luck with the pregnancy & even though it's hard just stay positive!

Neyite, I had the same positive ovulation when I got pregnant! I was on day 30 of a 32 day cycle on my 1st lot of ovulation sticks and got a positive & I was shocked as it was 2 days before my period was due to start! I think it was a sign my body wanted it & it worked for me so I have my fingers and toes crossed that it'll happen for you too hun x

Grawns so sorry about the having to wait but your health is your wealth & in sure when the wait is over it won't have seemed as long as you thought now.. Hope you're ok!

Lucyfur Hun how are you? Hope your feeling better xx

DFT you haven't seemed to be on so much lately & I hope you're ok! I miss seeing your posts xx I really hope everything is ok with you!

Sorry I haven't been on in a little while being keeping a low profile at the mo.. Have my 10 week scan tomorrow & I'm excited & super nervous at the same time.. I've had 2 scans already & both were perfect so I don't know why I'm worrying.. Guess it's still feels surreal! I'm hoping everything is ok! I'm assuming it is as I have has no discharge or bleeding so I can't imagine anything could go wrong without these signs! Well I'm rambling on here lol I'm gonna have a Luke warm bath and shave my legs just encase I have to get internal scan again :o I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :) my scan isn't till 1:15pm & then if everything is ok we're heading to tell family so it'll be tomorrow evening when I'm back on :)

Great to hear from you and a little spooky as I was just about to post asking how you were:eek:

Delighted to hear you're doing well and can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow. I'm good thanks, off the pain killers and pain is minimal now:) We're not dwelling on the fact that we can't try for the next while. I'm gonna enjoy my OH and have a nice, chilled out few months. I have stopped stressing about having a baby. If it happens it happens and if it doesn't, we'll get help. Done with obsessing and stressing:)

So good to hear from you Tigeress. I hope all went well at your scan today & that your family are absolutely delighted at the good news :)

Its funny that you mention about shaving your legs before the scan. I'd be the same, I'm sure someone having shaved/unshaved legs is the last thing they'd notice, but if I didn't shave mine I'd be convinced they would be discussing the state of my legs as soon as I left the room :o yeah I know, I'm sure they've better things to be doing than that

DPO 13, just 6 more days to before I can test according to Fertility Friend. Boobs are absolutely killing me, it's pain like I've never experienced before AF, even walking is painful, plus they feel HUGE :eek:. Getting some heartburn also but it only lasts like a second and then it's gone. Hopefully these are good signs, guess I'll know soon enough :)

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed Ms2011!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement