Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Haha! Thats the spirit! Throw those legs up the wall and dont move! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Good stuff newbie! About frickin time!! Make the most of it now!! ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Just remembered that the last office I worked has a 'baby chair' - every woman who sat in it got pregnant within 6 months. All of them happy 'surprises'

I should have sat in it when I had the chance. Wonder if they would let me back in for a day or two to have a spin in it...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite we had one of those chairs in work, myself and my 2 work colleagues were all pregnant at the same time :D

Feckin thing seems to have run of luck for me though, typical!

Newbie, absolutely delighted that you got your positive opk, result!! (fingers crossed for you!)

Its gas, I was talking to one of my friends in work about another thread I'd come across in another part of boards.
    I didn't say what my username was, but she copped anyway from my style of writing.
    It just dawned on me that now all she has to do is click into my profile to see my posts here & she'll know when I'm getting jiggy with it :o the joys of ttc! :rolleyes::pac:

Day 35 of my cycle, getting stuff like egg white cm yesterday & today. I checked with my opk but bfn. Cant wait to get my af this month so I can restart trying to track my cycle.
    Going to bin the cheapo opk's I bought this time & go back to the clearblue digital monitor.

Ms2011, so sorry that you got a bfn :( & Nicky, it is so frustrating when treatment doesn't work.
    Hopefully as Detectiv suggested with the dosage increase you might have a positive result.

May, congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

AF arrived this morning so I'm definately out for this cycle. I was alot more disappointed yesterday with the BFN (made the rookie mistake of getting my hopes up :rolleyes:) than I was today when AF arrived, guess I was just expecting it.
    On the plus side though I know from charting that I detected my ovualtion time correctly and I now know the length of my LP so I'm a little wiser about my body going into this new cycle. Every cloud and all that....!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hi girls,
    just want to say im sending baby dust to u all who are trying.. sitting here nursing my dd, i wrote on here last year and believe me i know the pain of the beeatch coming to visit month after month.. im sure ye are sick to the teeth of hearing it,(i was) but things that worked for me?.. i waited and gave up life to obsess about this but as soon as id decided 'ok this will happen but it may be in another year or two).. i applied for new job, new course at college, got tickets to go to festivals and lo and behold... preggers.. happiest day ever to that point.. but im sure thats not helpful so just remember you are going through a hard time and mind yourself and be really good to yourself and take all the support you can, believe it will happen for you:)
    practically i got accupuncture and gave up sugar (well...as much as i could), i also got a procedure done where gel is put into tubes to make sure alls ok there (this is meant to help)..

I'm sorry ms2011, but stay positive, as you say there's a huge advantage to knowing your body! Hopefully the next month or two will deliver two lines for you!!

Willowtree - thanks, how lovely of you to come back on to offer support! Wishing you and your little one every health and happiness! Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Thanks caprili, I really hope so. Can't wait for the day where I see two lines on a OPK!

Just so frustrating- so many people take it all for granted. I really hope the increase dose works cos if not the doctor said I would have to go on a rapid weight lost programme. Very annoying- yes I am a size 18 but not once has he asked me what I do for a living- (I'm on my feet for a 12 hour shift!) don't smoke and hardly drink and I actually have a decent diet! They should look at the whole picture and not just the numbers. Is anyway else in the same situation- a bigger woman??

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Thanks caprili, I really hope so. Can't wait for the day where I see two lines on a OPK!

Just so frustrating- so many people take it all for granted.

Fingers crossed those 2 x lines will come very soon :)

I know what you mean, I took it for granted that I would get pregnant again soon as did successfully twice previously. But after the miscarriage its like there's something broke inside that is preventing us from having another baby.

Ms2011, I'm sorry this wasn't your month. Hopefully now you've pinpointed when you ovulate you will have more success very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Cap I know you will get there. Ms2011 sorry but now it's a new month, new start. Nicky my doctor has always said losing weight was easiest way to help i'm a 14-16 she'd prefer me 12-14.

I did a digital test again today to make sure hcg levels are climbing and they are :-) up from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 i think i'll do one once a week until scan on 19th :-)

Also just so the oldies on here know Cathymoran had a baby girl Helen all details on pregnancy thread :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 20122

Grawns wrote: »
    Thanks for all your good wishes. I probably wasn't very clear about my diagnosis yesterday because I was still stunned and had to go home and google. Essentially a "suspected" partial molar pregnancy is always treated as a partial molar pregnancy. They did the tests and it was inconclusive but there were some suspected abnormal cells. They drew bloods yesterday and I think they were testing my hcg levels which would be higher than they should be after the d&c if they missed any tissue ( and it was actually molar). I fully expect the count to come back at 0 or close to 0 but that won't do me any good as the rogue cells can lie dormant so they test your bloods continually and you have to be at 0 for 6 months before it's okay to TTC. What really annoys me is this is an arbitrary number as the cells can come back years later too.

I am looking forward to my appointment at the holles street molar clinic as this is a rare outcome of pregnancy and they may be able to answer my questions ( lots) and perhaps give me the okay after 3 months.

I hate "inconclusive", drives me mad. :mad::mad::mad:

I will be asking them to test the tissue again and I hope that will give me a more satisfactory answer.

A partial molar is where 2 male sperm fertilize the egg and rather than splitting into twins a 69 chromosome genetic mess occurs. They don't know what causes it and it is thankfully rare and not likely to reoccur.

I am still hoping we were succesful this month despite any health risks :(
    As I said if I had a complete mc at home I probably would have been none the wiser. Perhaps people who went through this at home could enlighten me?

I am a grouch today :P

Hi Grawns,
    I was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy a few days ago (had dnc for mmc 6weeks ago) While searching the internet for some much needed info I came across your post. Im attending the another maternity hospital but I saw you mentioned in your post you attended HS molar clinic, I would love to know more about this if you wouldnt mind sharing? I feel Im in no mans land at the moment and being feed trickles of info, would feel better going somewhere that has experience of this condition. Have health insurance so would even go private if I felt apts would be more informative/specific to my case/quicker.

Would really appreciate hearing our experiences. I havent read through all the posts yet but I hope you are doing well and your levels are coming down quickly.

Many thanks for reading

Capri - I know exactly how u feel, I got pregnant after 3 months if trying first time around, now it's been 11 months since the miscarriage and nothing! I really worry that something is wrong since it! It's very frustrating! I can't be patient no matter how hard I try and so live in a constant cloud of stress and anguish!

Barbiegirl - ab fab news your levels are still climbing away! Everything will be perfect for ya, I'm sure of it!! Thanks for saying about cathy, that's great news, she had said she was expecting a girl and Helen us a beautiful name!

Day 18/19 now, this month I'm very negative, purposely trying to be cos I can't be dealing with the disappointment! I'm very busy tho which is a great distraction! I wish I could forget about it... Every month no matter how sternly I talk to myself there's a part of me which is eternally optimistic! Trying hard to suppress it.. ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Back in the saddle again. I wasn't sure if I would this month as I had to have a mole removed from my stomach, quite rapidly, last week and sent for biopsy. It hurt a lot as the tumour was quite deep, so I wasn't even sure when I'd be having sex again, never mind thinking of conceiving with a question hanging over my health. But my doctor said that early examinations were that it's benign and it's 99.99% completely fine. I got my stitches out on Wednesday and decided we might as well go for it this morning.

I had the worst mittleschmertz on Wednesday night and early Thursday, and still a dull ache today and sharp pains on the other side this evening. I initially put it down to the mole removal as the mole was 3/4 inches above my left ovary, where the initial pain was coming from. On Thursday I had small amounts of blood in my CM on and off throughout the day, which isn't normal for me, in fact for the previous 6 months my CM was non-existent, whereas up until then it was always quite full on at mid-cycle. (I also had a positive on an opk both yesterday and today, and I've never tested high twice in one cycle before.)

Every so often over the years I have a month that feels like this and have been told I could have the hyperovulation gene because there are numerous fraternal twins in my direct line. I just hope that if I get lucky I don't have a litter.:eek: ;)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Two week Wait...

*Whistles and twiddles thumbs*

I will know on the 10th exactly what the fertility doc wants to inject me with and all my questions answererd, then around the 12th I'm due to test/get period.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I feel like I'm on the brink of getting my period, for over a week now, but still nothing. Extremely frustrating. I wish it would just come. As I said before , I had heavy bleeding after the surgery, for almost 2 weeks. I'm wondering if I can count this as a period:confused: I was told in the hospital that I couldn't but I was also told to only expect spotting......Gah......Just wish I knew where I stood. I'm going to the doctor on the 16th, armed with questions:pac:

Hope all the yummy mummys to be are doing well and fingers crossed for all the 2week waiters:)

I have avoided buying any babywear - a bit superstitious I suppose which is stupid, considering that I'm 2 years trying anyway, so sod that- I have just bought this and its going to be wrapped and put away until the time comes.
    http://www.oneills.com/productdetails/2722/galway-personalised-baby-jersey.aspx?expandable=0c

My fella comes from a family of massive GAA fans - all the family have played in local teams, and I am going to give it to him as a way of telling him that I am pregnant (when I do finally get that BFP)*

*Thats the plan if I manage to restrain myself from screaming down the walls in the bathroom after testing for said BFP :D

I like those soothers with the small piece of soft cloth attached (saw them on TV), they act like a soother and comforter in one. If I come across one on my travels I will be buying it pregnant or not :D

Neyite & Ms2011, they're both so cute! No harm giving yourself something to work towards. I so hope ye get your bfp's soon x

I am a cliched example today of why you should read the instructions first on pregnancy tests.
    I'm cd38, due my period today but not sign as yet.
    I tested & the control line came up, followed shortly after by a line in the second window.
    I was so delighted at my 'bfp' that I started crying.......only then did I double check the pack and realised that a single line in the first window is a negative, it needs to be 2 x lines making up a cross to be a positive.
    Like this.......accurate-pregnant-test.png

So big fat negative, I'm such a tool!

So annoyed at myself more than upset. I know I'm not entirely out of the game just yet as it is only the day my period is due, I'm late just yet and I tested in the afternoon rather than the morning, but I don't think I'm going to get a positive anyway.

I just realised also, with my cycles up to 38+ days per month, I'm now having only 9 period a year instead of 12, so 3 less opportunities per year to conceive. No wonder I'm 11 months trying with no success.

Hope you're all enjoying the bank hol weekend :) the sun is only starting to come out now, was very overcast earlier; though was like being in the middle of the Mediterranean here yesterday!

Oh Cap that sucks but like you say you are not out just yet. Plus if it makes you feel any better I can have anywhere from a 30 day to a 40 day cycle, this means sometimes people can almost have their 2ww twice while I'm waiting on my one:(
    But I just keep telling myself I only need one cycle to be successful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

I'm on CD64 now and i got a positive on opk last wed but then on thursday it was completely negative. Was so dissappointed...dont know what to think now. My boobs are killing me now so I just wish my period would come if its coming and I could get on with things. Trying to relax and not overthink it but you know when you want something so bad......:o

Has anyone with long or irregular cycles tried Agnus Castus to regularise them? My cycle is very slightly irregular, 28-35 days but when I tried AC I was always exactly 29 days.

iguana wrote: »
    Has anyone with long or irregular cycles tried Agnus Castus to regularise them? My cycle is very slightly irregular, 28-35 days but when I tried AC I was always exactly 29 days.

I haven't tried it but will try anything at this stage so thanks for the suggestion!
    I had a quick look on the Holland & Barrett website, it it the capsules or the essence/liquid extract that you used?

Thanks Ms2011, thats the type of positive thinking needed alright :)
    I went to my GP in January & she sent off a letter requesting a consult for me with the nearest hospital Gynae.
    To date I've heard nothing, so I'm going to ring the hospital Tuesday & see what the story is. Fingers crossed!

Lucyfur, it might be no harm speaking to your gp to see what the story is with your cycle.
    That is unusual that they told you to expect spotting but you ended up having what is more like a period.:confused: Did they give you any indication of how long it would take for your cycle to go back to normal?

With all these marvelous tests you can buy, isn't it a shame there isn't a test to tell you when your period is due. At least if you got a bfn or were waiting for it after mc etc, you'd know when you were back to cd1. hmmm.
    iguana wrote:
    Every so often over the years I have a month that feels like this and have been told I could have the hyperovulation gene because there are numerous fraternal twins in my direct line. I just hope that if I get lucky I don't have a litter
    That's really interesting, there's twins 2nd & 3rd generation on my mum's side of the family. I wouldn't mind a litter at this stage :D

I haven't tried it but will try anything at this stage so thanks for the suggestion!
    I had a quick look on the Holland & Barrett website, it it the capsules or the essence/liquid extract that you used?

Lucyfur, it might be no harm speaking to your gp to see what the story is with your cycle.
    That is unusual that they told you to expect spotting but you ended up having what is more like a period.:confused: Did they give you any indication of how long it would take for your cycle to go back to normal?

With all these marvelous tests you can buy, isn't it a shame there isn't a test to tell you when your period is due. At least if you got a bfn or were waiting for it after mc etc, you'd know when you were back to cd1. hmmm.

I can't wait for it to come. They told me to expect it within 28 days of the op. I might give the Agnus Cactus a go....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Another month, and no success :(

I take the AC capsules, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I take them from day one of my cycle up until the day I get the Lh surge. Because like most herbs that affect the reproductive system, they are good when you aren't pregnant but can cause miscarriage/complications once you are.

Sorry wolfpawnat, that sucks, stay positive though, hopefully this month is your month!
    Capri can't imagine how upset ya were over that test, you poor thing! :(

Well I'm day 22, on the nite of day 20 myself and husband did the dance but afterwards had red blood in my mucus, I haven't had that before, any one else get this?
    Plus I'm having short sharp pulling pains around ovaries, just about 4-5 times a day, anyone know if this is normal? Must keep a better record of it these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

sorry to hear that wolfpawnat , im in the same boat this month.
    great about the agnus catas i was taking them before,so will try again to help with cycle.

dublinlady wrote: »
    Well I'm day 22, on the nite of day 20 myself and husband did the dance but afterwards had red blood in my mucus, I haven't had that before, any one else get this?
    Plus I'm having short sharp pulling pains around ovaries, just about 4-5 times a day, anyone know if this is normal? Must keep a better record of it these things!

The blood could have been one of two things. Sometimes blood gets released with ovulation because of the way the egg broke through the ovarian wall. Or alternatively you could have gotten a small tear during sex, which bled a little.

Ovulation pain is pretty normal, it's called mittleschmertz and can often be very noticeable. It's best to keep track of it and make sure it just happens around your ovulation.

• Advertisement

Went into Holland & Barrett today to ask about Agnus Cactus. Lady was really helpful. She said it works wonders for regulating your cycle. She doesn't want me to take it yet, she said she reckons the reason my cycle is gone askew is because of the shock of the surgery. She told me to come back in 2 weeks if I haven't gotten my period by then:)

I bought arnica tablets as I'm still really bruised and swollen. I know I'm bruised on the inside too, all around the scar is hard and tender. Hopefully these will help sort it:)

She also put himself on zinc tablets.

She also said to avoid petite pois peas as apparently they have a small amount of natural contraceptive in them :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement