Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056185465

Linky to C25k thread in The Ladies Lounge. Everything from podcasts to stylish running included!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

ok, fill me in, what's with the podcasts? Do you listen to something? do you need a SmartPhone for that?
    I'm gettin' exirah!

doh, just saw your explanatory post, ignore my previous post!

sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey ladies! Hope ur all ok!

Neyite and Capri you're sooo right about having months where you just feel abit bluh.. about it, it totally is to help protect yourself from the frustration and upset! Im on day 24 now and really dont have any hope for the month, theres no reason for this only that i am kinda starting to feel so fed up with it all and negative that i dont believe in my heart it will ever happen for us... its horrible but true... everyone keeps telling me its just a matter of time..but in my heart of hearts i dont think ill ever be so blessed :(

Dinnerlegs - hope you're ok - i hope your levels keep coming down and hopefully speed up a little! Im not sure about the folic acid thing either? I didnt think it had any relationship to hormone levels?

Iguana - hope your two week wait going ok and that your more positive than i am!

Tigeress we absolutely love to hear how you're getting on!! I expect regular updates etc!!!

DT - hope the jiggy hasnt ya worn out altogether!!

Barbiegirl - good luck with the job!! Tell them only when it feels right for you, but I run my own business and only have a handful of staff, if one of them left me id be majorly in the lurch and would find it difficult to pay two in that situation......obviously this is only my point of view and you did say it was only a six month contract so in that case i dont see why they would need to know early at all! (sorry to play the role of the 'otherside'...i totally get both points of view being in the situation i am!)

Newbie.....day 68......theres nothing i can say..hope your ok and that your period comes super soon!! **hugs**

Wish i could make myself believe in my heart that it will happen for us....dont know why ive given up really....i feel so beaten though..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi ladies

Im 9wks today and sooo excited, Had a scan yesterday and the heartbeat was good and strong so im keeping fingers and toes crossed :D
    Thanks Neyite for being so understanding, and others too, Iv been keeping an eye on everything and still feel a part of this thread the most and Id miss you guys!

Good luck to anyone on 2wk wait and happy jiggy to the rest ;)

Hope you're looking after yourself Lucyfur

Hope you're keeping well Barbie & Tigeress
    x

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

newbie! wrote: »
    I'm on CD68 now and doc calle today to say my bloods are fine so hopefully it's just a matter of time and patience. Anyways, all you lovely ladies entertain me every evening with your stories. :)
    Day 68! poor you! At least the bloods are fine - how long are you trying now?
    ok, fill me in, what's with the podcasts? Do you listen to something? do you need a SmartPhone for that?
    I'm gettin' exirah!
    No smartphone - I have a regular nokia that can take mp3 files.
    dublinlady wrote: »
    Hey ladies! Hope ur all ok!

Neyite and Capri you're sooo right about having months where you just feel abit bluh.. about it, it totally is to help protect yourself from the frustration and upset! Im on day 24 now and really dont have any hope for the month, theres no reason for this only that i am kinda starting to feel so fed up with it all and negative that i dont believe in my heart it will ever happen for us... its horrible but true... everyone keeps telling me its just a matter of time..but in my heart of hearts i dont think ill ever be so blessed :(
    Wish i could make myself believe in my heart that it will happen for us....dont know why ive given up really....i feel so beaten though..
    Aw pet - I know how you feel. ((Hugs)) I feel that way sometimes, my bloke is so convinced its gonna happen and I sometimes feel that I know Im defective or something. Hang in there... we will get our babies.
    Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi ladies

Im 9wks today and sooo excited, Had a scan yesterday and the heartbeat was good and strong so im keeping fingers and toes crossed :D
    Thanks Neyite for being so understanding, and others too, Iv been keeping an eye on everything and still feel a part of this thread the most and Id miss you guys!
    If ya dont mind waiting for the rest of us we can all graduate to the pregnancy forum together! 9 weeks! how are you feeling? puking yet?:p
    Yay for your little bean! Yay for all the beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Neyite wrote: »
    Day 68! poor you! At least the bloods are fine - how long are you trying now?

Only trying 2 months since i came off the pill so i expected to be a bit irregular but not 68days irregular! With the sore boobs, cramps, bad skin I cant believe how good life was on the pill....wont be going back all the same ;)

I fully concur, all of the preggo ladies can post here, forever! we want regular updates!

when I was pg I never even ventured to the Preggo Forum; it just seemed so alien to me... I was also waiting to hit the 12 week mark... ah well, such is life. I love it here though with you girlies so I'm ok!

Re C25K, I must get my OH to sort out the podcasts. I have a fairly decent nokia but it's not a smart. hope it works.

TMI warning, I just had bowel movement and a lot of the man gunk (and presumably spermies) fell out. Damn it anyway! I did prop myself up for half hour after the sex so hope some of the the swimmers got to their destination. sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Great to hear all the beans are sticky beans:D:D:D

Myself and Mr Lucyfur are doing well:) Enjoying the practice;) Looking forward to getting back to trying but having fun for now. Much more chilled out over the whole process. Can't wait to get back swimming and running:D

Arnica tablets are amazing. AMAZING. I was able to wear my jeans today. Swelling is going down and general soreness is minimal.

My mum is a sweetheart. I brought her to the docs for her smear today, she needs valium before she has one so I didn't want her driving. She came out for of facts and information on fertility after ectopic and miscarriage. She's so cute:)

Still no period, 26 days post operation. Feel like it's coming but it's not. Grr, wish it would just start.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Thanks neyite, I'll look into the prolactin stuff.

• Advertisement

And yes!! All ye preggo peoples are more than welcome:D Lovely having positivity and hope knocking about;)

I stayed here both times I was pregnant. The pregnancy forum is scary lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks Newbie :) I'm delighted that everything has worked out this preg :) although it ha flew through to here it's dragged too lol I got a scan at 10weeks so my next scan is 16 weeks! Can't believe the 2 weeks since the last scan have flown so quick ( well not quite 2 weeks but close enough)

Barbiegirl 6 weeks :) Yey for your little bean hehe are you getting an early scan done?? Just stay positive! I was a nervous wreck and convinced something would go wring but everything turned out perfect as yours will too :)

Quin Yey for your scan hun! I'm so delighted for you xxx could you see the baba? I got one at 6 weeks and all we could see was a little dot but wow did I love that dot hehe

DFT it's great to see you back to your happy posts :)
    Lucyfur so glad your feeling good hun x I hope the wait time flys by & I have a feeling you won't be waiting too long for your bean!

DL massive hugs hun xxx I know how hard it is.. I felt the same I constantly told my OH not to get his hopes up as I honestly thought it would never happen but it has done! And it will for you! I hate that there is so many fab women out there (especially thought on this chat) that have so much love to give & it takes so long to get there baba but I know in my heart of hearts it will happen :)
    My mum's neighbour was trying 10 years for a baba with 2 MC's she has polysistic ovaries and it's particulary bad.. They told her it might not ever happen but she continues to track her ovulation and try every month (I know this story so well as mum constantly told me to try keep me positive) imagine 10 years of trying with no luck.. I can't... She had a baby girl named Louise a month ago :)
    Easier said than done but try relax and have fun :) DFT I have to say how you've gone 5 days is beyond me lol those days with us have well passed lol!

Neyite I love your posts :)

Oh and Btw there will be no ''proper'' proposal lol we defo don't have the money for a wedding at the mo! Buy of corse my answer would be yes and he knows that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Tigeress we're booked in for an early scan Friday week :-) We're very scared but trying to be hopeful. I'm full of symptoms this time though thank God.

I'm too scaredy cat just incase something goes wrong to leave here yet.

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Tigeress we're booked in for an early scan Friday week :-) We're very scared but trying to be hopeful. I'm full of symptoms this time though thank God.

I'm too scaredy cat just incase something goes wrong to leave here yet.

I totally understand Barbiegirl! I was the same! I really still can't believe my luck to be honest.. I was very ill with morning sickness and cramps but all of that has eased off now! Funny you mention your full of symptoms though cause on my last mc I had no preg symptoms well my boobs were soar but that's it.. This time I didn't get soar boobs till 8/9 weeks and a load of other sympthoms instead! Doc told me it was a great sign that this preg is different! Fri week will be here before ya know it :)

It's my bday this Monday & my OH asked me what I would like and I very honestly answered nothing :) I'm so happy I swear he's off the present hook for a while lol
    Roll on July 13th for my next scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sorry if this is a silly question but why are you avoiding folic acid?

the meth. injection removes all folic acid from your body, so the cells cant grow.

you are not allowed take folic acid tablets or vitamin tablets in case they they contain folic acid.

you have to avoid in case as it works against the meth. injection and cause the cells to continue to grow.

i have started to get loads more pain, so hopefully the folic acid free diet is making everything move again.

Everyone must be having LH surges tonight :D

dum dum dee dee dum...................

I'm hormonal. If my period doesn't come soon I fear my boyfriend might move out:pac:

I need it to come, I need to get back in the game:pac: AND, I feel like I'm going to EXPLODE. My uterus feels like it's ready to fall out:mad:

Ranty ranty ranty ranty.

Hope everyone is well!!

Haha Newbie! Love it! Are you one of these? (Q the randy music)

Awww Lucyfur hun :( I really hope it cones for you soon but just try relax in the mean time.. There are always other raunchy too keep you & your man happy ;) hehe

If it helps my OH has been on the back line for a while :( just so paranoid with the 1st 12 weeks that he hasn't been allowed near me.. I'm terrible I know! He'll be in for some treats this weekend though hehe TMI? Yes I think so :p I'm after having some Ben & Jerry's & I think I'm a little hyper from it :)

I'm all sexed out today:p

Ah Tigeress, I was the same when I was pregnant, terrified of having sex...but, there's more than one way to skin a cat;):p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had some off-topic good news today. The tumour underneath my mole was completely benign. So for tonight at least I'm just happy about that and not sweating the conception stuff.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm all sexed out today:p

Ah Tigeress, I was the same when I was pregnant, terrified of having sex...but, there's more than one way to skin a cat;):p

Heheheheheheeeee!!! Love this!

Congrats iguana that's great news!! :)

I sooo thought I was gonna be cool and aloof this month.... Day 25 and I've cracked! Period not due til tue ( day 30 ) and today the sore boobs and cramping started, but this is as easy period as pregnancy for me! Trying so hard to forget about it but just dying to test, don't want to until Monday as otherwise if it's negative I'll just convince myself it's too early!! Oh I wish I could fast forward time! Mind you the sore boobs have given me hope... At least that's something I didn't have yesterday!!
    Hope ur all trying hard !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I want to shout, hit, kick, punch, break everything in the house but just can't cry.

Had a miss a few weeks ago. One of many and the end of the road for us. We just cannot do it anymore. Thankfully we have a amazing marrage but so tired of all the sadness. Still sore and feeling crap and so pissed at the world.

Booked a holiday for oct when the baby would be due. Really don't want to be at home then.

I am so bloody angry, so mad that I could smash the place down. Had to leave work early as I was just ripping for a row with anyone and that just is not fair.

My husband is great but i just don't want to talk tonight. I am going to go have a shower, put a face pack on and get into bed and try and calm down. Maybe look at a magazine and have a big mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I want to shout, hit, kick, punch, break everything in the house but just can't cry.

Had a miss a few weeks ago. One of many and the end of the road for us. We just cannot do it anymore. Thankfully we have a amazing marrage but so tired of all the sadness. Still sore and feeling crap and so pissed at the world.

Booked a holiday for oct when the baby would be due. Really don't want to be at home then.

I am so bloody angry, so mad that I could smash the place down. Had to leave work early as I was just ripping for a row with anyone and that just is not fair.

My husband is great but i just don't want to talk tonight. I am going to go have a shower, put a face pack on and get into bed and try and calm down. Maybe look at a magazine and have a big mug of tea.
    Oh Caroline I am so sorry for you and your hubby, your in my thoughts. Please take good care of yourselves, and if breaking a few plates or having a cry helps a little then go for it. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Well I'm on CD8, well CD9 now I suppose. Preseed, OPKs and pregnancy strips came in the post today, guess I'm all geared up for cycle no. 2!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

CarolineSpring I think you have every right to feel angry and upset. I say you can scream, hit pillows, do whatever the hell you want.

Big big hugs to you and your hubbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Caroline I am so sorry, I think that you should do whatever it takes to help you and your husband heal. Be it trashing the entire house, a fortnight at a beauty spa or booking as many holidays as you think might help.

I have never suffered a miss and so can't even begin to imagine the pain that you both are going through, but if you ever feel the need to talk to a randomer off the interweb feel free to pm me. :o

Girls I hope you don't mind me being here (not actually TTC) but I have been so so broody the last month or two. Trying to convince himself it would be a good idea to go again but I know we should really wait at least a year or 2 :(

Have lots of itchy little hives on my back and belly so googled them. Of course I came across 'pregnancy hives' so took a pregnancy test and BFN. Why did i take it? Am so dissappointed now :(
    Am so sick of this now...where is my period?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry caroline, had to rant....totally inconsequential compared to what you're going through. Hope each day gets a little easier.

Had my BabyDoc appointment this morning - I didnt get prescribed injections after all - Got a prescription for 50mg Clomid to be taken on days 1-5, then a scan on day 10, then the Pregnyl 10,000ius trigger injection all going well. Its a 3 month programme.

Sooo... Whose been on Clomid? Will I morph into (a bigger) witch with the hormones? Side effects? Success rates?

Himself in the car giving me a pep talk about what was ahead (when we thought I would be getting injections prescribed) started talking about 'us being in this together' to which I stoutly exclaimed "whats this 'we' business, paleface?". I have a brilliant idea - placebo injections and tablets for him that will give him all the joys of hormone madness, hot flushes, nausea, blurred vision, dizziness, yada yada. Then 'we' will be in this together :D.

And and and - I love my doc. He was talking about quitting the fags, but once his results came back grand the quitting talk dwindled. I asked her about the effect of smoking on sperm. She started talking about how sperm can look normal but smoking affects it at a dna level and how terrible that was, she also said that children born to smoking parents (even if there is no smoking during pregnancy and in the house) have a higher than average chance of cancer. Did not know dat. :eek: Shocked him to the core to think that he could be responsible for his future childs dna defects or even cancer risk. So he might finally quit. I would love it.

oh Carolinespring, so sorry to hear the news, i was really rooting for you when I read your "When Do you Just give Up Thread??" during which you got your surprise positive. You must've been far along when you missed. So, so sorry, it is such a horrible process and I can only imagine what multiple misses are like. You sound like you have such a strong marriage and a doting OH. I think a hol in October is a good decision, I plan on going on one for my due date. (((big big hugs))) to you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Caroline, so so sorry to hear your sad news. Just remember it sounds like you have a amazing husband and realtionship and it is ok to let out at the world after what you have been through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement